View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Guys,

I know the stock hasn't gained a lot in last several weeks but don't worry. When results come out and it's discovered that BBRY has yet again beaten street estimates, new money WILL come. So, stock price WILL rise. Just hang on tight.

That said, one thing that really bugs me is that, in my opinion, new RIM (or BlackBerry as a company) continues to make following mistakes -

1. Updates are slow. The position BlackBerry is in, it should be proactively looking for end-user feedback and releasing patches or updates bi-weekly if not weekly. I know its a big challenge to make this happen but BlackBerry needs to make it happen. I know a few folks who have sold their Z10 because they got tired of waiting for update. Either do NOT release a product that leaves out some key features or release highest priority updates very frequently. Even 1 fix every 2 weeks will go a long way in addressing user frustration. User would feel something is going on, someone is listening and fix will come sooner or later.

- I know carriers are also bottleneck but that's mainly because updates are big. Small 1 or 2 fixes per update can be made app-specific. For eg: an update to BBM that fixes design issues or adds some feature; or update to "clock app" that fixed night-mode issue can be pushed out as app-specific updates and can be pushed out very quickly.

- when updates do come, I notice that highest-priority fixes are often left out. For instance, it has been 4 months and we still do NOT have advanced-profile-settings as we used to have in legacy BBs. This should have been highest priority as a LOT of users have made noise about this.

2. BlackBerry continues to "underwhelm". What I mean by that is that BlackBerry hypes up lot of things but ultimately fails to deliver. They'd announce something TODAY but won't release it for another 6 months. BlackBerry continues to make 'vague' announcement. "Coming in summer" "coming early some month" "coming late some month". They probably feel that by making such vague announcements, they are not committing to some deadline and hence won't be blamed if the product is delayed. What they do not realize is that such vague announcements frustrate their end-users to no end. Making concrete announcements/commitments is always best - even if the wait is longer. If you feel you can realistically release something in 2 months, announce 3 months and then surprise your users by releasing in 2 months. But making vague announcements "coming next quarter" is just plain frustrating.

I BBRY sotck will be trading much higher right now if BBRY simply addressed these two specific concerns (1. release updates faster and ensure they contain highest-priority fixes. All they need to do is look at most-requested features/fixes on CB form and their own official forums 2. become less vague when announcing things, live up to hype you create, lessen the gap between announcing something and then ultimately delivering it).

You've no idea how much positive sentiment it'd generate if end-users felt that their feedback is being listened to and being implemented very quickly. You'd tell everyone about it! That positive sentiment will drive more sales, more sales = more profit = higher stock price.

This is what BlackBerry needs to do. Listen to their end-users, deliver products and features THEY want NOW! Profits and higher stock price will follow.
    psy fi, MrBurns2U, m0de25 and 5 others like this.
    06-08-13 07:49 PM
    I was reading the posts from Friday, and there was a lot of pessimism on here, and I think by people who have for the most part only being invested in BB for a few months. Then I remembered that Prem Watsa, one of the greatest value investors, has held this stock for maybe over 2 years. Maybe that's what separates the average investor from the great ones. Guys like Prem and Warren Bufettt will hold on to a stock even during periods when the shares price isn't doing that great. I think their success lies in their endurance, perhaps as much as their great stock picking abilities. I myself will continue to hold.
    Prem and Warren ask a simple question. Did I pay less for it than its worth? It makes holding and dollar cost averaging a painless process.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 08:11 PM
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1489...ticle_readmore

Really, it was completely meaningless. It basically says that BBRY can go up or down. Also so, ER June 28 will be critical to the direction of movement.

What I said in two sentence, the guy wrote in an entire page. Is being concise no longer valued?

Posted via Z10
    matthewriedle and bungaboy like this.
    06-09-13 03:08 AM
    Too bad they not releasing it globally. Going to emerging markets first

Ps: what does the FR stand for?

Posted via CB10
    Double answer: do you believe FRance is an emerging market ?
    Will be in UK too, so far I know.
    It is NOT the low range BB10 device

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 04:59 AM
    Double answer: do you believe FRance is an emerging market ?
    Will be in UK too, so far I know.
    It is NOT the low range BB10 device

Posted via CB10
    Well maybe I'll have to get one shipped over here if they don't release it here too.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-09-13 06:13 AM
    BlackBerry: When's The Next Short Squeeze? - Seeking Alpha

"Right now, I'm very interested to see how the Q10 and Z10 continue to do in the marketplace, and I'm even more interested to see how BlackBerry will adapt to a business environment in which product cycles continue to speed up at a breakneck pace. Can BlackBerry's new platform succeed? I believe we will only know when we have a few more quarters play out and can see if any sort of longer term market share trend can be established. If, at the next earnings report, we see signs of life for such a trend, then I think the market will overreact to the upside (particularly with the high short interest) and that should be an excellent trading opportunity. But if things don't look so good, then investors may extrapolate the worst and send shares back into the single digits, if only briefly, as investors lose patience and begin to question whether the opportunity cost of this investment is really worth it."

It sounds as though even this guy is starting to doubt a squeeze. He was much more positive sounding three months ago.
    06-09-13 07:48 AM
    BlackBerry: When's The Next Short Squeeze? - Seeking Alpha

Really, it was completely meaningless. It basically says that BBRY can go up or down. Also so, ER June 28 will be critical to the direction of movement.

What I said in two sentence, the guy wrote in an entire page. Is being concise no longer valued?

Posted via Z10
    He was once very positive on a short squeeze. I'm thinking from this article that his hopes are fading now. It's been a long drought and the company seems to care little for its investors.
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 06-09-13 at 08:25 AM.
    06-09-13 07:50 AM
    Well maybe I'll have to get one shipped over here if they don't release it here too.

Posted via CB10
    I'd say that you can get one on Ebay.
    06-09-13 07:52 AM
    If everyone is calling for a short squeeze it probably wont come at that time. It will probably come out of the blue. Just like how its all doom and gloom around here the last week. Do you follow the crowd or do you see it as a chance to improve your position? I won't be effected by anything that's going on. I want to be sharp and improve my positions while everyone sells off at bad points and buys when its too late.
    06-09-13 09:56 AM
    If everyone is calling for a short squeeze it probably wont come at that time. It will probably come out of the blue. Just like how its all doom and gloom around here the last week. Do you follow the crowd or do you see it as a chance to improve your position? I won't be effected by anything that's going on. I want to be sharp and improve my positions while everyone sells off at bad points and buys when its too late.
    No better time to buy than when it's doom and gloom. The question is whether it's bottomed out yet. The past week would seem to indicate that we've hit bottom and are ready to start climbing again but we still need some positive news to continue.

As we get ready to come out of this pennant, it's going to be the ER that sets us up for big gains or big losses. I'm thinking we could go $4 in either direction.
    06-09-13 10:03 AM
    Morning all....Super Canadian F1 Sunday...Lewis is row one and Nico is in the second row...lots of positives to take from their success this season (so far). Just like BB .

Have a great day and stay positive...good karma always wins.

Posted via CB10
    m0de25, cjcampbell, lcjr and 5 others like this.
    06-09-13 10:09 AM
    Happy Sunday!

"Under the Influence" is an interesting CBC Radio One program about marketing and advertising. Yesterday the topic was about "Trust in advertising" and a lot of the points made might as well have been talking directly about Blackberry. You can find the podcast (and write up) here:
    Trust In Advertising | Under The Influence with Terry O'Reilly | CBC Radio

Blackberry's turn around will simply take time as the company starts to rebuild the trust it once had

Some random thoughts I took away:

- trust is meant to be felt, but never stated... a company cannot talk it's way out of trouble - it has to behave its way out. It needs to consistently demonstrate through action over time that it deserves your trust back. Thor and company can talk until they are blue in the face about the dead tablet market, hyperconnectivity, those that do, M2M, available apps, etc, etc... but it's not until it actually happens that we should expect any meteoric rise with BB. Yes, a string of good ER's will help but it's only part of the equation. We need to give them time to deliver the goods and gain consumer's trust back, it's not just about current profit margins and how much money they have in the bank.

- Some people tend to dismiss BB celebrity sightings as fluff, but 7/10 top trusted people in the U.S. are celebrities (Obama is 65 just behind Adam Sandler!) Oppostie was true in Canada where only 3/10 were celbrities. Boulben was right on target getting BB10's in the hands of celebrities and this will pay off big time.

- In 1994 Continental Airlines was ranked last in the industry, new CEO had to restore trust... he took stacks of company training manuals and asked his staff to set them on fire in the parking lot!!!... from then on, he asked employees themselves to take control of the service (he placed trust in them). This trust spilled over to the market and they quickly went to number 1. Here, what I took away is that Thor lacks that kind of pizazz... that "thing". Blackberry may still rise out of the ashes, but I wish Heins was more marketable in this way, more outgoing. Unfortuantely, this cannot be taught (self clapping anyone?)

- the most trusted brand is most profitable (and over 50% are willing to pay a premium to a company it trusts). Missed deadlines (real or perceived), app gap, etc. need to be obliterated from BB's reputation. This hasn't happened yet, not by a longshot.

- nothing is more disruptive to a company than negative word of mouth (something that BB has been fighting with in it's $140-$6 plunge)
    Last edited by m0de25; 06-09-13 at 11:22 AM.
    06-09-13 11:01 AM
    06-09-13 11:16 AM
    Happy Sunday!

"Under the Influence" is an interesting CBC Radio One program about marketing and advertising. Yesterday the topic was about "Trust in advertising" and a lot of the points made might as well have been talking directly about Blackberry. You can find the podcast (and write up) here:
    Trust In Advertising | Under The Influence with Terry O'Reilly | CBC Radio

Blackberry's turn around will simply take time as the company starts to rebuild the trust it once had

Some random thoughts I took away:

- trust is meant to be felt, but never stated... a company cannot talk it's way out of trouble - it has to behave its way out. It needs to consistently demonstrate through action over time that it deserves your trust back. Thor and company can talk until they are blue in the face about the dead tablet market, hyperconnectivity, those that do, M2M, available apps, etc, etc... but it's not until it actually happens that we should expect any meteoric rise with BB. Yes, a string of good ER's will help but it's only part of the equation. We need to give them time to deliver the goods and gain consumer's trust back, it's not just about current profit margins and how much money they have in the bank.

- Some people tend to dismiss BB celebrity sightings as fluff, but 7/10 top trusted people in the U.S. are celebrities (Obama is 65 just behind Adam Sandler!) Oppostie was true in Canada where only 3/10 were celbrities. Boulben was right on target getting BB10's in the hands of celebrities and this will pay off big time.

- In 1994 Continental Airlines was ranked last in the industry, new CEO had to restore trust... he took stacks of company training manuals and asked his staff to set them on fire in the parking lot!!!... from then on, he asked employees themselves to take control of the service (he placed trust in them). This trust spilled over to the market and they quickly went to number 1. Here, what I took away is that Thor lacks that kind of pizazz... that "thing". Blackberry may still rise out of the ashes, but I wish Heins was more marketable in this way, more outgoing. Unfortuantely, this cannot be taught (self clapping anyone?)

- the most trusted brand is most profitable (and over 50% are willing to pay a premium to a company it trusts).

- nothing is disruptive to a company than negative word of mouth (something that BB has been fighting with in it's $140-$6 plunge)
    Thanks. I listened to that show as well.

Positive "Word of mouth" is vital!
    06-09-13 11:19 AM
    06-09-13 11:22 AM
    Thanks. I listened to that show as well.

Positive "Word of mouth" is vital!
    (Terry O'Reilly can make the phonebook sound interesting! lol!)

"Positive "Word of mouth" is vital!"... yep! And it'll take time for the word to spread I'm impatient about the SP as well, but we need to be reminded that this isn't a sprint more than it is a marathon.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-09-13 11:28 AM
    Anyone here find Miseck's last article seems to indicate a mediocre June ER?
    BThunderW likes this.
    06-09-13 11:32 AM
    Funny how Charles Martin1 is bashing on yahoo under Gold_Diapers. Guy is a troll big time.
    06-09-13 11:37 AM
    Misek said that BBRY may "materially" beat street projections. What part of that dont you understand troll
    06-09-13 11:39 AM
    Trolls working overtime I see
    06-09-13 11:40 AM
    Funny how Charles Martin1 is bashing on yahoo under Gold_Diapers. Guy is a troll big time.
    I'm just asking the question. There seems to be some discouraging news lately and all this Windows stuff has me increasingly worried. Two ultra positive analysts seem to be more lukewarm now than hot. Shouldn't that be reason to worry?
    06-09-13 11:42 AM
    Lol, this message board/forum has 0 influence on the stock price and on sales of BB10.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    06-09-13 11:44 AM
    I'm just asking the question. There seems to be some discouraging news lately and all this Windows stuff has me increasingly worried. Two ultra positive analysts seem to be more lukewarm now than hot. Shouldn't that be reason to worry?
    I think even these ultra positive analysts hadn't expected that Q10 launch to US would be pushed out to mid to late June. Justifiably disappointed.

But on the other hand, BBRY might already have made enough profits by selling Z10 and Q10 in other countries that they purposely delayed Q10 to USA (to transfer this potential revenue to next quarter, ensuring their next quarter will look good too). So, I am not worried yet.
    06-09-13 11:46 AM
    He is not a troll. He has been on this thread longer than most. Relax.
    06-09-13 11:46 AM
    I think Heinz is perfect for this company. I know everyone want's a steve jobs but really who would you rather have Heinz or Basillie? Heinz or Samsung Korean Guy? Heinze or Tim Cook or whoever is at Apple. I think Heinz is very likable AND believeable. I do not believe he has to be the Superstar promoter that everyone wants him to be.

When he talks he sounds positive. He sounds like they are getting alot done. Id rather have someone working hard and coming off as positive, then a liar who can build up a garbage product and company.
    06-09-13 11:47 AM
113,256 ... 12271228122912301231 ...