View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Before I retire for the night I will send out some positive vibes, good thoughts and a prayer for our friend Morgan.

Stand Sure Morgan!
    Yes. Be well dear friend. We miss you here already.
    06-07-13 09:16 PM
    I won't sell before the Sep ER. There's just no way the SP will rise high enough for me. I'm hoping to see the SP somewhere around $44 come mid October. If it's not but we do show more progress than now, I'll hang on. If we're still stuck in a rut come mid October I'll go find another stock to play with. I have no doubts about BB, but we're not all young here and if I wait 10 years for something to happen I'll be to old to do anything with my profits except give it away. lol. So the term "long" has different meanings for different age catagories maybe. lol

Edit: The high SP of $44 is based on my belief that something around October will cause a huge spike, but not necessarily a squeeze.
    Thanks
    Makes sense. I am considering buying more now ( hate buying on credit) and selling during / shortly after this ER. Then buy back again when inevitably goes down again. Just debating what I should sell at.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    06-07-13 10:32 PM
    Thanks
    Makes sense. I am considering buying more now ( hate buying on credit) and selling during / shortly after this ER. Then buy back again when inevitably goes down again. Just debating what I should sell at.

Posted via CB10
    Eek...be careful buying on credit.

You have to be sure. I'll admit that I have a lot on BlackBerry but it's not something I would be prepared to take credit out on. It's a speculative play for me.

Bottom line, be careful and be sure.
    plane6065 and lcjr like this.
    06-07-13 10:49 PM
    Everyone is getting caught up into arguing against each other as to whether you are "long", "short" and whether you have more money than the other riding on BBRY. Whether you have 100k invested or 10k, everyone's situation is different and the sum you have invested should be insignificant vs others, big or small. Let's all keep cool and talk about BBRY. Let's not have this thing shut down because of stuff like that.

Posted via CB10
    All that people should speak of is in terms of is percentages. I'm up about 300% on bbry. I did this by using call options. I could have invested $10,$100,$1000,$10k or whatever. My strategy worked or did not work regardless if such monetary measures. And quite frankly it is no one's business knowing my amount of wealth or lack thereof.

Honesty, when people throw big numbers around, I assume that they are liars or arrogant. Both traits that I don't envy.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kfh227; 06-07-13 at 11:04 PM.
    06-07-13 10:52 PM
    Went to a special BlackBerry event kinda "exclusive" for FR fans. Talked about Q10, Q5, BBM and more. Will make a separate thread post. But Q5 is really a nice midrange (NOT low) device. Should sell like hotcakes in enterprises...
    Attachment 169407

Posted via CB10
    Mustard yellow?

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 10:55 PM
    Before I retire for the night I will send out some positive vibes, good thoughts and a prayer for our friend Morgan.

Stand Sure Morgan!
    Morgan's presents was missed instantly! He's such a positive influence to this thread. It won't be the Same until he returns. Best wishes M+8
    I always believed that M+8 stood as his count of family members! Lots of support!

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 10:56 PM
    All that people should speak of is in terms of is percentages. I'm up about 300% on bbry. I did this by using call options. I could have invested $10,$100,$1000,$10k or whatever. My strategy worked or did need work regardless if such monetary measures. And quite frankly it is no one's business knowing my amount of wealth or lack thereof.

Honesty, when people throw big numbers around, I assume that they are liars or arrogant. Both traits that I don't envy.

Posted via CB10

I'm up 200%+ but I am not about to lose any and therefore I am becoming more cautious as the uncertainty grows.

Be careful fellow traders. Remember that the goal is to make money. Set goals and adjust if you are not achieving them.

All the best.
    06-07-13 10:57 PM
    Now I'll only speak for myself and my own experience here, but I've never heard of TS information being on any non-DoD specific machinery. Meaning, I've never seen or heard of TS information carried on a mobile device. Should this be happening, I would wager the device never leaves the secured environment in which it is used. It would be great to use tablets for Secret level information so we can carry around our data from meeting to meeting instead of burning down forests in paper every month. This is what the DoD is trying to achieve, but not to let that information be taken outside the secure environment such as a building, etc...
    Obama blackberry is modified by general dynamics to give it better security. I have no idea what was changed but that's a fact.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 11:02 PM
    Eek...be careful buying on credit.

You have to be sure. I'll admit that I have a lot on BlackBerry but it's not something I would be prepared to take credit out on. It's a speculative play for me.

Bottom line, be careful and be sure.
    Yeah I'm not a fan of buying on credit but I don't put ANY money into my investment account that I can't afford to loose..... I originally bought in to BB at around $8.40 so as long as stays above $10 I would still break even. just trying to make some quick $ as I believe that the SP will hit $18-$20 when the ER is released.

Going to keep what I have now for a while longer but thinking of picking up a couple hundred more shares now and selling them at month end. So curious where ppl think it might be then. If isn't what I hoping for I'll probably just hold them longer.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 11:39 PM
    Went to a special BlackBerry event kinda "exclusive" for FR fans. Talked about Q10, Q5, BBM and more. Will make a separate thread post. But Q5 is really a nice midrange (NOT low) device. Should sell like hotcakes in enterprises...
    Attachment 169407

Posted via CB10
    Too bad they not releasing it globally. Going to emerging markets first

Ps: what does the FR stand for?

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 11:44 PM
    K...go away for a few hours and everyone is partaking in bad vibe party favors...fyi..
    This is a 18-24 month play.

Just my two cents

Pray for @M8

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 12:40 AM
    Superfly what did you think of the Q5? How is the keyboard on it? Do you think it will sell well?
    06-08-13 08:04 AM
    Too bad they not releasing it globally. Going to emerging markets first

Ps: what does the FR stand for?

Posted via CB10
    FR = France I believe.
    CDM76 likes this.
    06-08-13 08:19 AM
    Pretty decent review of Q10.

TechnoBuffalo BlackBerry Q10 First Impressions

06-08-13 08:20 AM

The was fair and balanced! I like that guy more then the TNB guy they had on CNBC Thursday

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    06-08-13 09:05 AM
    I was reading the posts from Friday, and there was a lot of pessimism on here, and I think by people who have for the most part only being invested in BB for a few months. Then I remembered that Prem Watsa, one of the greatest value investors, has held this stock for maybe over 2 years. Maybe that's what separates the average investor from the great ones. Guys like Prem and Warren Bufettt will hold on to a stock even during periods when the shares price isn't doing that great. I think their success lies in their endurance, perhaps as much as their great stock picking abilities. I myself will continue to hold.
    06-08-13 10:09 AM

Thanks. I thought the review was very positive. He attacked the biggest complaint against the BB devices ( lack of apps ) by saying how ridiculously easy it is to side load apps from Android. Was very emphatic about it.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-08-13 11:41 AM
    The NSA And PRISM, Where Does BlackBerry Stand?

There has been a ton of news over the last day or so about the NSA being all creepy and wiretapping pretty much every American (and non-American, for that matter) living in the U.S. over the past seven years. According to reports, the NSA has accomplished this through a program called PRISM which allegedly lets them tap in to the servers of major Internet companies whenever they want.

Some of those popular organizations are said to include the likes of Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook, Yahoo, Skype, among others. One of the major companies excluded from this list, however, is none other than BlackBerry.

Our favorite smartphone maker has a pretty strict policy when it comes to sharing any of your personal data in most areas of the world, it just doesn't. In fact, BlackBerry's regular customer (non-BES) encryption is so good, it's been called too secure for certain countries in the world, like India and the UAE.

Also, as a Canadian company, U.S. government agencies have no jurisdiction over BlackBerry, and unless BlackBerry hands over the encryption keys willingly (which hasn't and will most likely never happen), our data will stay secure.

Obviously, this security only extends as far as what BlackBerry can control. For example, if you have Gmail on your device, and the NSA has extracted data from Google, your emails are at risk. That's something that BlackBerry itself has no control over. Same can be said for Facebook, YouTube and other services which extend beyond your smartphone's control.

So which aspects can BlackBerry protect exclusively from end to end? Well, one of those would be BBM. As the most secure communications tool in modern day, BlackBerry Messenger's data and messages are fully encrypted, and not accessible to the government (unless you live in one of those countries listed above). This fact is something that can definitely give BlackBerry a much needed push into the limelight once again.

As messed up as it may sound, having a scandal of this magnitude blow up right before BlackBerry Messenger launches on iOS and Android in the coming weeks is one of the best things BlackBerry could've hoped for.

Aside from Facebook, Google, and Apple, other companies have had their fair share of privacy issues. WhatsApp, one of most popular messaging clients, has had its privacy practices scrutinized for some shady business in the past. BlackBerry can, and should, leverage this lack of security from others into the public mainstream and have that be one of strongest pushes for BBM globally across any device.

We're not even going to get into BES in this post either. For a company to not be using BES 10 after all of this PRISM stuff comes out, would be moronic. BES is simply unrivaled by anyone in security, and that's something we can all agree on.

BlackBerry is a synonym of security, plain and simple. This ugly news that has come out recently may just be the shake up the world needed to see that simple fact.

BlackBerryOS.com - The NSA And Prism, Where Does BlackBerry Stand?
    06-08-13 12:51 PM
    All that people should speak of is in terms of is percentages. I'm up about 300% on bbry. I did this by using call options. I could have invested $10,$100,$1000,$10k or whatever. My strategy worked or did not work regardless if such monetary measures. And quite frankly it is no one's business knowing my amount of wealth or lack thereof.

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha, I don't think people here make more of their position than what really is and it doesn't bother me to hear what people have invested. I'm certainly no threat with my few shares I have. I'm in this for my two daughters. I'm out as soon as the SP is high enough to gain $40,000 so they each get half for their down payment on their first home. But it is cool to hear how people are going to be millionaires if they aren't already. People just make the best with the cards they were dealt. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
    06-08-13 01:07 PM
    Not sure how true it is. But one guy calculated today that if there were no shorts, the stock price would be at $18.... PLUS something to consider

BECAUSE we don't have numbers yet, when the stock goes up or the stock goes down, it doesn't really mean anything. HOWEVER when we get these down times I kind of like it, because of the pessimism in general. Which will make the shorts snatch up even more. Really if the OWN Blackberry faithful are having doubts then as a short shouldn't you take that as a good sign? So hopefully they keep buying and driving this price lower. Then we can keep buying at a discount untill eventually we are proven right and the stock goes higher.

At first I thought ooo this stock is going to skyrocket no problem. But after being in for awhile and listening to everyone I think honestly the best we can do this year is $28 MAX. Unless we get a squeeze. Just hope this next ER puts us in the $17 - $21 dollar trading range over time and we finally get out of the $13-$17 range
    bungaboy, matthewriedle and fedakd like this.
    06-08-13 01:07 PM
    Hey all,

Had a good night out here in Tokyo, you know how we do with all those dranks. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Anyways, I'm giving my positive energy to Morgan...

Ganbatte watashi no tomodachi.
    Bugmapper, q649, lcjr and 2 others like this.
    06-08-13 01:32 PM
    Hey all,

Had a good night out here in Tokyo, you know how we do with all those dranks. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Anyways, I'm giving my positive energy to Morgan...

Ganbatte watashi no tomodachi.
    Oyasuminasai !

Hoping everyone is having a relaxing and safe weekend!
    bungaboy, lcjr and FastLane228 like this.
    06-08-13 05:01 PM
    Superfly what did you think of the Q5? How is the keyboard on it? Do you think it will sell well?
    Frankly, I do prefer its design to the Q10. Just like this. Nothing less !

Now, material and keyboard are not at the same level. But Q5 is lighter, thinner (perception) ans should fit in particular young and ladies like a glove.
    On the business side, the black and white ones should be sober enough to please CIOs and the price (no announce - VP was muted about this) should be very competitive for a 4G and BES10 .
    OK, you want my bet for price: $300-like.

Keyboard is less efficient than Q10 for my fat fingers... but I must confess: I'm a Z10 converted now. Who might thought that from a 9900 addict?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 06:14 PM

Stand Sure Morgan!
    Plus one.

Posted via CB10
    plane6065 and bungaboy like this.
    06-08-13 06:17 PM
    Mustard yellow?

Posted via CB10
    Sry something went wrong with the curtains color. White. Here it should be more obvious

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 169777
    06-08-13 06:20 PM
113,256 ... 12261227122812291230 ...