View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    For those complaining about low volume, please understand that it is typical in pennant formations before a breakout:
    Many of us have been waiting on the "breakout" for a long time and it does not come. Few of us need the definition but thanks.
    06-07-13 02:51 PM
    What was the number one rule of trading? Never let your... something... influence your trading?

I forget...
    right and never forget rule #1 of trading and you will be rich
    06-07-13 02:56 PM
    Speaking only for myself, I would guess that watching this stock do crazy things with large amounts of your money over time just takes it's toll. Sure, you can look at all the new things BB is coming out with, but this was at $18 not long ago and here we sit at $13.82 today. I'm ok, but others have far more at risk than myself. So, please go easy on people right now, they're just getting burned out a bit or need a rest.
    Just out of curiosity what is your target price r or Sept? What price would you sell at during THIS ER?

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 03:00 PM
    right and never forget rule #1 of trading and you will be rich
    Does the same rule apply for investing too ?
    06-07-13 03:04 PM
    So there we have it. A third green day in a row. Monday should be interesting as well as the rest of the week. It has been a rough few weeks but I think the trend has now changed. Onward and upward.
    06-07-13 03:05 PM
    going green

BBM CHANNEL C000EF854 < stocks*C0004ABC9<Pin friends meet
    06-07-13 03:06 PM
    Is it really trolling to be invested in the stock and instead of continously calling rallies that never come to speak to what the stock is actually doing?

The upward trend that we have been watching for 6 months has snapped. It's GD back has been broken. That's the fact. What's much worst right now is that we're trading on no news and now virtually no volume. That equation never spells good news.

Or perhaps, to prevent being called a troll, I should just keep pretending that the next rally is going to take us to $16 and then onto $22, and then when the ER comes we're going to the moon.
    Not responding to the troll comment because you are nothing like that.

I think what some are saying is that if you are long this is mostly an irrelevant period. That the real potential action starts in about 3 weeks and is likely to run for several quaters, that is what we are here for.

We know that a squeeze is not possible in a vacuum.

So for us investors in BlackBerry, the real interesting period is just about to begin. I'm anxiously optimistic .

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 03:07 PM
    Exactly. I'm heavily invested in BBRY (6 figures) but this non-action makes me believe that my money would be better vested elsewhere (Canadian mining stocks are showing sings of life again) until BBRY finally starts taking their investors seriously.
    I've posted previously that I thought we needed a breakout above $18 o r this would be dead money for a while. I violated my own advice and bought 500 shares at 15.05 a while back, but am glad I didn't buy more. I credit you for keeping such a large position. I think its a 50/50 proposition this point. When I got in I was at 75/25 upside v downside. This stock goes down on bad news and absorbs good news with minimal movements. Here's hoping for the ER!!
    06-07-13 03:08 PM
    You hit the nail on the head. If there is more sub loss I really do believe the shorts will have cannon fodder until the next er at least. They have set this up months ago by saying that there was some pent up demand that would fall away after a few quarters. If the sub base continues to fall they have no reason to change this outlook. Again, I still believe in the company, but may put my money elsewhere for a bit, hopefully make some extra coin to buy back in bigger before the next er if this one isn't good enough to move the stock significantly.

This whole lower sub thing that Misek is saying is "in line with guidance" - he says 6-9% sub loss would be 3-5M subs. Guidance for for single digit service revenue decline (and I believe low single digit was said). It's pre paid emerging market customers they claimed they were losing - which are low service revenue subs. If they are saying they will only lose single digit service revenues, and they know they are adding let's say 1.5M consumer BB10 non SR subs (I'm hoping 30% of the total 4.5M BB10 in the Q from other platforms), I'm praying they can report 76M subs flat Q/Q (2M BB7 sub loss, 2M BB10 sub gain). The subs number will be the only thing the shorts can clamour to. If they can sell 4M BB10 + 4M BB7 -sell through of BB7 last Q was 6M+ but shipped was 5M - they cleared out existing inventory so if they decline BB7 by 50% Q/Q we're still around 4M BB7 shipped. I think this 4 + 4 estimate will be pretty close, but I think another .5M on the BB10 side. If sub number is flat there is no short thesis except pent up demand will soon expire after a few Qs...but that is really stretching their case to the max. Problem I see is sub loss of 2M but still EPS $0.80-$1. How will the SP react?
    m0de25 likes this.
    06-07-13 03:09 PM
    Just out of curiosity what is your target price r or Sept? What price would you sell at during THIS ER?

Posted via CB10
    I won't sell before the Sep ER. There's just no way the SP will rise high enough for me. I'm hoping to see the SP somewhere around $44 come mid October. If it's not but we do show more progress than now, I'll hang on. If we're still stuck in a rut come mid October I'll go find another stock to play with. I have no doubts about BB, but we're not all young here and if I wait 10 years for something to happen I'll be to old to do anything with my profits except give it away. lol. So the term "long" has different meanings for different age catagories maybe. lol

Edit: The high SP of $44 is based on my belief that something around October will cause a huge spike, but not necessarily a squeeze.
    Last edited by lcjr; 06-07-13 at 03:32 PM.
    06-07-13 03:13 PM
    Whoever mixed the Koolaid batch today used waaaay too much water!!!
    06-07-13 03:15 PM
    No, just drop it to $179. $100 won't and can't happen till aristo comes out.

Besides, isn't that a carrier decision? The fact that carriers are holding at $200 is probably a good sign after seeing the Facebook phone fiasco.

Posted via CB10
    Price is largely a carrier decision, but it could be influenced by BBRY selling the phones to the carrier for cheaper. If the Z10 stays a $199 phone until Aristo comes out, that will be very impressive. It would be very Apple like if the Z10 became a $99 phone with the launch of the Aristo. I suspect the build costs on the phone allow it to get priced at that level and still be quite profitable for all involved.
    06-07-13 03:16 PM
    Virtual beer bet... I say we'll be up a dollar come this time next week. Maybe not enough for some but that puts us half way to the downtrend line and sets us up nicely for the following week before all hell breaks loose for the ER week.
    06-07-13 03:18 PM
    Keep Calm and Wait until June 28th
    06-07-13 03:18 PM
    And seems to have mixed up the salt and sugar.
    La Emperor, m0de25 and bungaboy like this.
    06-07-13 03:19 PM
    Keep Calm and Wait until June 28th
    Well looky here.... How ya been stranger?
    06-07-13 03:20 PM
    Now that was funny!! Where were you a while ago? lol
    06-07-13 03:21 PM
    Virtual beer bet... I say we'll be up a dollar come this time next week. Maybe not enough for some but that puts us half way to the downtrend line and sets us up nicely for the following week before all hell breaks loose for the ER week.
    Ooooh, that's a tough one buddy. I want us to be a bit higher than that come next Friday, but I also know there are those that will work hard against that. Hmmmm, nope won't take that bet but will stand next to you in support.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-07-13 03:24 PM
    Ooooh, that's a tough one buddy. I want us to be a bit higher than that come next Friday, but I also know there are those that will work hard against that. Hmmmm, nope won't take that bet but will stand next to you in support.
    If you wanna talk about "wants" then sure. I'm just looking at the chart and what is realistic. With the volumes we have now, there is now way we can move higher than that inside of 5 days. We will have at least one red day mixed in there so looking at the last down trend period, it took over 2 weeks to get us where we bottomed out. That's why I figure 2 weeks for us to reach the top of the channel then who knows as speculation will take more than a little control of this thing and volume will pick up.
    lcjr, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    06-07-13 03:31 PM
    If you wanna talk about "wants" then sure. I'm just looking at the chart and what is realistic. With the volumes we have now, there is now way we can move higher than that inside of 5 days. We will have at least one red day mixed in there so looking at the last down trend period, it took over 2 weeks to get us where we bottomed out. That's why I figure 2 weeks for us to reach the top of the channel then who knows as speculation will take more than a little control of this thing and volume will pick up.
    Yep, I agree with you. That's why I'm not taking that bet because you're right on target.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-07-13 03:34 PM
    Well looky here.... How ya been stranger?
    Extremely Busy! Looking at starting up a business hah.

Don't worry we will make a BB10 app if it ever takes off :P
    06-07-13 03:37 PM

Good luck with that!!
    gohan_bcc likes this.
    06-07-13 03:38 PM
    haha. Touche(insert funny accent above that 'e')
    06-07-13 03:42 PM

Let me know if you need a great operations officer. I'm expensive though because I'm all that and a bag of chips.
    gohan_bcc, Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    06-07-13 03:42 PM
    Let me know if you need a great operations officer. I'm expensive though because I'm all that and a bag of chips.
    Coming from the guy posting on forums during office time LOL!

I'm probably no better so I can't judge you on that lmao.
    cjcampbell, lcjr, take99 and 6 others like this.
    06-07-13 03:43 PM
113,250 ... 12231224122512261227 ...