View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I've never seen a post where he said 3 million per month, only 2 and 2+ million per month.

Guessing that some of the 2+ million build rate is going into the next quarter since I don't know how much would have gotten shipped into the US for the quarter that just ended. He did say that he thought that next quarter's shipments were materially higher than Street expectations for 3+ million. Not sure what that means as an actual number though.

Thanks. I thought someone said his own estimate was for just 3 million. That would be a reasonable reason to unload this stock if Misek thought that.
    06-07-13 01:02 PM
    Looks like we're fading fast this afternoon.

Greg, you made a wise decision to unload this morning.
    06-07-13 01:06 PM
    Regardless of what Misek says, If BBRY can't manage 1M/month BB10 sales and/or show an INCREASE in subs, I'll be out. They've had 5 months of BB10 on the market, more than enough time to stop the bleeding.

This isn't necessarily Blackberry's fault. The media has painted a very ugly picture of Blackberry and I wouldn't be surprised that people have taken that as their own view. But if the damage is done, it'll be next to impossible to reverse.

Fact is that so far BBRY has performed sub-par. The Jan 30th launch was a letdown, Q4 earnings was a letdown, and the SP has been a huge letdown.
    06-07-13 01:10 PM
    Regardless of what Misek says, If BBRY can't manage 1M/month BB10 sales and/or show an INCREASE in subs, I'll be out. They've had 5 months of BB10 on the market, more than enough time to stop the bleeding.

This isn't necessarily Blackberry's fault. The media has painted a very ugly picture of Blackberry and I wouldn't be surprised that people have taken that as their own view. But if the damage is done, it'll be next to impossible to reverse.

Fact is that so far BBRY has performed sub-par. The Jan 30th launch was a letdown, Q4 earnings was a letdown, and the SP has been a huge letdown.

Absolutely.
    06-07-13 01:13 PM

I'm sorry, but how can you consider turning a profit for the first time in a long time, and beating the estimates by a lot, a failure? The only negative of that report was the loss of subs.
    06-07-13 01:15 PM
    Explain to me how you guys can throw so much flak at that troll BB_Trader for not supporting BB and not being LONG, while you guys are tooting your own horns in the same key as him not even a week after he is banned lol
    06-07-13 01:18 PM
    Everyone here has an agenda. The constant posting whether long, short or trade proves it.
    La Emperor likes this.
    06-07-13 01:21 PM
    Misek got his article out early...too early I think. the other short dogs haven't had their kick at the can yet. I suspect that could be Monday.

I sure hope that Thor makes a pre - earnings announcement about a profit coming.
    06-07-13 01:21 PM
    Explain to me how you guys can throw so much flak at that troll BB_Trader for not supporting BB and not being LONG, while you guys are tooting your own horns in the same key as him not even a week after he is banned lol
    We're actually talking about the stock's performance. Nothing we've said isn't true and we're certainly not shorting the stock.
    06-07-13 01:23 PM
    I never said it was a failure. I said it was a letdown, as in they didn't blow anyone away as many (especially on here) hoped.

I'm sorry, but how can you consider turning a profit for the first time in a long time, and beating the estimates by a lot, a failure? The only negative of that report was the loss of subs.
    take99 likes this.
    06-07-13 01:24 PM
    Everyone remain calm.

Read my post above.

Turn arounds take time, if they weren't they would be called hand brake turns.

Posted via CB10
    silversun10 and bungaboy like this.
    06-07-13 01:24 PM
    I never said it was a failure. I said it was a letdown, as in they didn't blow anyone away as many (especially on here) hoped.
    Oh ok... I thought it was a win, personally, but some others not so much.
    zyben and bungaboy like this.
    06-07-13 01:25 PM
    Misek is hedging his bets. 3+ million. Don’t forget the +. No other analyst is saying more than 3 million a Q.
    I think they will do about 5 million BB10 devices for the Q.
    06-07-13 01:28 PM
    I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than horribly disappointed. If TH is sandbagging, great. But I suspect the numbers won't blow anyone away and we'll have a repeat of last earnings sp action and everyone will be "hoping for the next ER".
    06-07-13 01:29 PM
    In the meantime, our friends at Apple seems to be cooking up something revolutionary.
    Opps I forgot, BB has implemented this already. Is Apple a little too late? I don't think so. If there's anything
    it would only help adaptation of commerce payments using your smartphones. Everyone wins!

Apple Files Patent For Tech That Would Let You Pay For Anything With Your Mobile Device - Yahoo! Finance
    06-07-13 01:30 PM
    listen, nobody is saying the turnaround isn't working, it's just that if what a bull analyst is saying comes true, (3mill + bb10's with bb7 decelerating faster than expected, lower sub numbers again) then this stock won't do much of anything on June 28. Yes I remain confident in the ultimate turnaround but right now my 50 grand is doing jack shat and so we do have to consider getting out and getting back in maybe before the September ER. I don't see any other catalysts that will be enough to move the stock against the shorts until then at this point.
    06-07-13 01:30 PM
    Well, I'm out for a while. Negativity begets negativity and I'm starting to feel negative. Not on the future of this stock, but just in general.
    06-07-13 01:34 PM
    listen, nobody is saying the turnaround isn't working, it's just that if what a bull analyst is saying comes true, (3mill + bb10's with bb7 decelerating faster than expected, lower sub numbers again) then this stock won't do much of anything on June 28. Yes I remain confident in the ultimate turnaround but right now my 50 grand is doing jack shat and so we do have to consider getting out and getting back in maybe before the September ER. I don't see any other catalysts that will be enough to move the stock against the shorts until then at this point.
    I think with something like that and a lot of BB10 in inventory the stock price will go under 12.
    06-07-13 01:35 PM
    no doubt. A bunch of trolls here who "claim" to be long LOL

Well, I'm out for a while. Negativity begets negativity and I'm starting to feel negative. Not on the future of this stock, but just in general.
    Bugmapper and zyben like this.
    06-07-13 01:37 PM
    Well you guys certainly know more than I do about trading and reading chart information, but I'll hold on until the Sep ER. That's the decision point for me. There's just to much "new" going on with BB and it all takes time to set in. All these devices and the unknown to follow will have a future impact, we just don't know how big and how long it will take. Then there's the QNX that manufacturers are placing into new vehicles. When will the benefit from that be revealed? probably not for two years or so. Come Sep ER, if we are still fighting for $15-$16, I'm out. Not because the company isn't doing good, it's my timeline. I'm not 20 years old anymore and "long" to me is only a few years. There's other stocks out there right now about in the same boat as BB, but they are not heavily shorted or manipulated. Just sayin, give it a bit more time.
    Bugmapper, m0de25, zyben and 6 others like this.
    06-07-13 01:39 PM
    they will not repeat the mistake of the playbook with inventory, I don't even entertain the thought as it would be suicidal. Why do you only post here on negative days??
    zyben likes this.
    06-07-13 01:40 PM
    no doubt. A bunch of trolls here who "claim" to be long LOL
    To be fair, long means different things to everyone. We all have an agenda and are here to make money. This just takes a toll on a person after a while and negativity can set in. It has nothing to do with the person as an individual. Perhaps we all need to step back for a day or two and get some fresh air, especially when nothing new is going to happen before the ER.
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    06-07-13 01:42 PM
    yep, I am not out yet, I still believe that they could surprise this ER and will be holding until then, just a little more worried after today, have to look at both sides. If the price is still the same after the ER, then I will re-evaluate because honestly I feel I will be able to get back in at any time before the September ER for a similar if not cheaper price.

Well you guys certainly know more than I do about trading and reading chart information, but I'll hold on until the Sep ER. That's the decision point for me. There's just to much "new" going on with BB and it all takes time to set in. All these devices and the unknown to follow will have a future impact, we just don't know how big and how long it will take. Then there's the QNX that manufacturers are placing into new vehicles. When will the benefit from that be revealed? probably not for two years or so. Come Sep ER, if we are still fighting for $15-$16, I'm out. Not because the company isn't doing good, it's my timeline. I'm not 20 years old anymore and "long" to me is only a few years. There's other stocks out there right now about in the same boat as BB, but they are not heavily shorted or manipulated. Just sayin, give it a bit more time.
    rarsen likes this.
    06-07-13 01:44 PM
    I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than horribly disappointed. If TH is sandbagging, great. But I suspect the numbers won't blow anyone away and we'll have a repeat of last earnings sp action and everyone will be "hoping for the next ER".
    I don't blame you. I've been disappointed lately with the SP movement but I got in late last year so am sitting at comfortable profit. I could have sold at $17 ( and almost doubled my investment, did not ) but my timeline is til the end of this year so am holding. Will re-evaluate by then.

With BB, there are just too many variables to consider aside from device sales alone.

Like Misek, I love the BES angle. If we get 20 million devices ( BB10's, Androids, IOS ) under the MDM program, then we have over $1B of revenue with high margin ( 80% ??). That's about 2$ a share on MDM alone. BB managed 80 million users at one point in BIS so the MDM projection is doable.

Throw in BBM money transfer, Car Telematics management plus other verticals then we're on solid ground. Of course that is if everything falls according to their plan.

The main requirement for this is time. And that would mean patience from long term investors.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 06-07-13 at 01:54 PM.
    m0de25, jxnb, zyben and 3 others like this.
    just for the record, I am long MY MONEY
113,256 ... 12211222122312241225 ...