1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    pullback to the previous highs, it does not get better than that
    Scott Lefebvre likes this.
    06-07-13 10:23 AM
    want a place to talk bbry.. C000EF854 that's my channel ... notice I'm long bbry.. gotta get back its almost midday reporting time *

BBM CHANNEL C000EF854 < stocks*C0004ABC9<Pin friends meet
    06-07-13 10:54 AM
    Just got this in my emails:

Trade from any mobile device with IQ Mobile, our smartphone-optimized web app for BlackBerry. Login from your mobile device at iqmobile.questrade.com

Just tried it and it works very well. Good news for BlackBerry + Questrade investors.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 11:35 AM
    A green day is a good day!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CB Forums mobile app
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    06-07-13 11:37 AM
    So Misek, the bullish analyst, is expecting 3M+ BB10 units in the May quarter.
    And he see BB7 sales decelerating more than expected.
    Pretty bad news IMO, if he's right there is no hope of rally in the short term, unless the leonovo-or-other deal is true.
    06-07-13 11:49 AM
    I BBRY can't manage at least 1M BB10 units per month, I'll be significantly reducing my position in the company.
    peter9477 likes this.
    06-07-13 11:53 AM
    Pretty bad news IMO, if he's right there is no hope of rally in the short term, unless the leonovo-or-other deal is true.
    First, Misek has never been about hardware sales for BB. He is all about BES and the potential of that hence his price target. Second, his expectations of 3+ sales is greater than the consensus among analysts. Third, his decline numbers for BB7 are in line with what BB themselves projected for the quarter. What we need to see for the ER is good earnings, solid cash, and solid sales.

As with all analysts projections and expectations, you must take them with a grain of salt.
    06-07-13 11:53 AM
    Do you have a link to this
    06-07-13 11:56 AM
    Do you have a link to this
    Here:
    Peter Misek on BlackBerry Today - BlackBerry - BB
    bungaboy and Scott Lefebvre like this.
    06-07-13 11:58 AM
    First, Misek has never been about hardware sales for BB. He is all about BES and the potential of that hence his price target. Second, his expectations of 3+ sales is greater than the consensus among analysts. Third, his decline numbers for BB7 are in line with what BB themselves projected for the quarter. What we need to see for the ER is good earnings, solid cash, and solid sales.

As with all analysts projections and expectations, you must take them with a grain of salt.
    I don't know, he was like crazy when the z10 was launched saying sales were several thousands ni the first week. Later he was saying production was 2m+ BB10 units per month and growing. And now this... What is BlackBerry doing with all those units according Misek?
    06-07-13 12:03 PM
    Edit: disregard this, I misread the post.
    06-07-13 12:04 PM
    Half way through the day and we're all green. I'll have to remember this Friday. lol
    06-07-13 12:04 PM
    I don't know, he was like crazy when the z10 was launched saying sales were several thousands ni the first week. Later he was saying production was 2m+ BB10 units per month and growing. And now this... What is BlackBerry doing with all those units according Misek?
    Again, you have to take all these statements with a grain of salt. He is an analyst that is in it to protect his reputation and to protect his clients money. He is trying to not overproject. Also, with the last 2 months of added production, doesn't mean that the units are even out there yet. This can be for the Q10, Q5, added Z10's, and a new BBOS7 model. There are still many countries that have not been launched yet so there has to be inventory to fill the needs in more and more markets as they become available. At this time of the quarter, there is sooooo much speculation about what has transpired that it becomes a gong show. If you are truly worried you can sell your shares when you feel the height has been hit, short the company, or simply wait and see what happens. You will drive yourself nuts spinning the gears trying to dissect every report you read.
    m0de25, La Emperor, jrwb6e and 2 others like this.
    06-07-13 12:13 PM
    I BBRY can't manage at least 1M BB10 units per month, I'll be significantly reducing my position in the company.
    I said if we can't see 10 million total devices this quarter I'm out. Misek just made my mind up for me for the short term. Adios for now folks. Perhaps something better may come in the fall.
    06-07-13 12:22 PM
    Again, you have to take all these statements with a grain of salt. He is an analyst that is in it to protect his reputation and to protect his clients money. He is trying to not overproject. Also, with the last 2 months of added production, doesn't mean that the units are even out there yet. This can be for the Q10, Q5, added Z10's, and a new BBOS7 model. There are still many countries that have not been launched yet so there has to be inventory to fill the needs in more and more markets as they become available. At this time of the quarter, there is sooooo much speculation about what has transpired that it becomes a gong show. If you are truly worried you can sell your shares when you feel the height has been hit, short the company, or simply wait and see what happens. You will drive yourself nuts spinning the gears trying to dissect every report you read.
    Totally agree with you CJ.

Anyway, from our friend T. Ray of Barron's, quoting Misek below plus link. I actually prefer the conservative projection rather than the opposite. BB may actually even surprise and beat the device sales given staggered rolled out and are strong outside of the 3 countries mentioned. IMHO.

See the 6% haircut Samsung got when projections of the S4 were 5 million units sales over ( from 30million to 25..) this morning.

Sales of Z10 in consumer markets have slowed, some businesses still evaluating; Q10 launch in our view has been better than Z10 and better than expected; Sales of BB10 outside of US, UK, and Canada very strong.

AAPL Slows, Samsung, BBRY Progress, Says Jefferies; �White Box� Phones Ahoy! - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    06-07-13 12:26 PM
    06-07-13 12:28 PM
    wasn't Misek reiterating not too long ago a build rate of 2 million+ BB10's a month? If both are true inventories are up substantially, by like $1 billion+, which I find hard to believe.
    06-07-13 12:40 PM
    I also believe BlackBerry management will not put all units shipped into this quarter if they have already beaten street estimates.

It's called earnings management, they want to show the markets they have steady growth and rising profitability.

A stellar quarter won't do anyone favours, as if they drop next quarter all the shorts will be proclaiming the pent up demand is over and BlackBerry is on its way out.

That is all they need to do to get the SP back on track.

If I was management and I knew we Had already sold 3 mil I would shift some of these to next quarter. This can and will be done. This is why I think US release was delayed.

Eventually this will spill over if BlackBerry 10 takes on.

Keep calm and stay bold!

Posted via CB10
    ItsTheBox, jxnb, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    06-07-13 12:47 PM
    wasn't Misek reiterating not too long ago a build rate of 2 million+ BB10's a month? If both are true inventories are up substantially, by like $1 billion+, which I find hard to believe.
    Exactly, so why on earth would he even think for a moment that they'd probably only sell/ship three million BB10 devices in the entire quarter??

Let's not forget that we sold 1 million in the first week from that big order.

Are we sure he didn't say 3 million per month?
    06-07-13 12:48 PM
    I've held off from selling but man this really pisses me off.
    BThunderW, take99, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    06-07-13 12:49 PM
    This is the last I will post on the subject.... To continue to try and figure out what the numbers are is an exercise in futility. There is only 1 constant in this and that is NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING outside of those at BlackBerry. Until the numbers are released to us, it is all speculation and there are going to be wild differences in what people think.
    06-07-13 12:52 PM
    I've held off from selling but man this really pisses me off.
    Lol. Sounds like you're taking over Gregs spot while he's gone.

If you read the bnn report you'll see that all misek is saying is that he expects it to beat the street ie. 3m+. So all we know from his estimates is the lower bound of 3m. Nothing more than that. So 10m falls into his expectation as well.

Posted via CB10
    silversun10, bungaboy and Dapper37 like this.
    06-07-13 12:53 PM
    Finally Td Canada trust app is up and ready to download!!!!!
    06-07-13 12:54 PM
    Lol. Sounds like you're taking over Gregs spot while he's gone.

If you read the bnn report you'll see that all misek is saying is that he expects it to beat the street ie. 3m+. Nothing more than that.

Posted via CB10
    Lol...I'm just overreacting. Luckily, not so much that I sold...lol

06-07-13 12:55 PM
    Exactly, so why on earth would he even think for a moment that they'd probably only sell/ship three million BB10 devices in the entire quarter??

Are we sure he didn't say 3 million per month?
    I've never seen a post where he said 3 million per month, only 2 and 2+ million per month.

Guessing that some of the 2+ million build rate is going into the next quarter since I don't know how much would have gotten shipped into the US for the quarter that just ended. He did say that he thought that next quarter's shipments were materially higher than Street expectations for 3+ million. Not sure what that means as an actual number though.
    06-07-13 01:00 PM
113,256 ... 12201221122212231224 ...