View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The problem with Z10 slowdown is that unlike Q10, the Z10 didn't boom at open due to pent up demand. So the opening sales would have been at the bottom of the bar and by now we'd expect to gain traction. A slowdown is definitely not good news as we'd expect sales of the Z10 to slowly start to accelerate. The Z10 continues to launch worldwide and the slowdown is concerning.

It's a different story with the Q10. There's A LOT of pent up demand so initial sales are expected to be really good and a slowdown is very much expected once the initial demand is satisfied.
    People like me were due for an upgrade. Many of us waited for the Z10. So sales spiked. Now people will consider it when upgrades are due. So its normal. It happens to apple and android also.

Posted via CB10
    matthewriedle, bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    06-07-13 09:24 AM
    The problem with Z10 slowdown is that unlike Q10, the Z10 didn't boom at open due to pent up demand. So the opening sales would have been at the bottom of the bar and by now we'd expect to gain traction. A slowdown is definitely not good news as we'd expect sales of the Z10 to slowly start to accelerate. The Z10 continues to launch worldwide and the slowdown is concerning.

It's a different story with the Q10. There's A LOT of pent up demand so initial sales are expected to be really good and a slowdown is very much expected once the initial demand is satisfied.

With the S4 having keyboard issues, the Z10 may receive a second look from consumers (who are not into the physical KB ), as it 's turning out to be the best in virtual KB as most reviewers have proclaimed.
    matthewriedle and bungaboy like this.
    06-07-13 09:28 AM
    10:30 dip today? :-/
    06-07-13 09:30 AM
    The National Security Agency in the US basically collected info from people's phones from FB, Apple, Google, Skype, Microsoft, but no BlackBerry.
    I think people are reading too much in to this. The article also stated the carriers names. It was about monitoring emails, calls, texts, and internet usage. BlackBerry is on those carriers yet doesn't offer it's own browser or email client hence being left out of the mentioning.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    06-07-13 09:30 AM
    The National Security Agency in the US basically collected info from people's phones from FB, Apple, Google, Skype, Microsoft, but no BlackBerry.
    My understanding is that NSA was/is using carrier information to track the source and receiver of info and not the info itself. They are looking for interrelated parties and patterns of communication. I am not sure how BBRY would be any less vunerable to that then other phones? I still don't like it and it feels wrong, but I just don't get any BBRY advantage here.

Edit: ADD LINK

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregsate...phone-records/
    06-07-13 09:33 AM
    The Z10 is now starting to become a fairly old phone. And it is still be sold at a fairly high price. On Verizon it seems that there are only six $199 phones. GS4, Droid DNA, Droid Maxx, Iphone 5 and the two BBRYs. The Note II is also $199, but I wouldn't really call that a phone. I'm going to guess the Z10 is selling very well in comparison to the two Droids. Sales of the Z10 could easily be boosted with a price drop. The fact that this hasn't happened is a very very good sign. But a $100 price drop could be instituted for Z10 and the phone would still be very profitable for BBRY to sell.
    06-07-13 09:35 AM
    10:30 dip today? :-/
    Holding well so far. *fingers crossed*
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-07-13 09:35 AM
    The Z10 is now starting to become a fairly old phone. And it is still be sold at a fairly high price. On Verizon it seems that there are only six $199 phones. GS4, Droid DNA, Droid Maxx, Iphone 5 and the two BBRYs. The Note II is also $199, but I wouldn't really call that a phone. I'm going to guess the Z10 is selling very well in comparison to the two Droids. Sales of the Z10 could easily be boosted with a price drop. The fact that this hasn't happened is a very very good sign. But a $100 price drop could be instituted for Z10 and the phone would still be very profitable for BBRY to sell.
    No, just drop it to $179. $100 won't and can't happen till aristo comes out.

Besides, isn't that a carrier decision? The fact that carriers are holding at $200 is probably a good sign after seeing the Facebook phone fiasco.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-07-13 09:42 AM
    Is anybody else worried that Thorsten is not giving interviews anymore? During the Z10 launch Thorsten and other top managers were all over the news giving interviews and you could see that they were genuinely excited for the phones. Seeing those interviews and how excited they were gave me confidence in the SP and in BB. I don't see the same level of excitement from them this time around.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 09:44 AM
    I think people are reading too much in to this. The article also stated the carriers names. It was about monitoring emails, calls, texts, and internet usage. BlackBerry is on those carriers yet doesn't offer it's own browser or email client hence being left out of the mentioning.
    Exactly, plus the article didn't list ALL organizations targeted, they only provided a short list.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-07-13 09:45 AM
    In my mind I think it is BB that Lenovo is speaking with which I also think is probably driving a portion of today’s SP buying.
    What I would like to see is an agreement between Lenevo and BB wherein Lenovo uses BBOS and is in turn ceded Japan and China as exclusive Lenovo Territory for the BB10 OS which in turn accompanies a fat cheque from Lenovo. Key in this transaction is that BB will continue to operate the NOC on all of the BBOS subscribers behalf with no, zero, nada, involvement of Lenovo in this aspect.

Get it done Thor.
    La Emperor, jxnb, take99 and 6 others like this.
    06-07-13 09:46 AM
    Is anybody else worried that Thorsten is not giving interviews anymore? During the Z10 launch Thorsten and other top managers were all over the news giving interviews and you could see that they were genuinely excited for the phones. Seeing those interviews and how excited they were gave me confidence in the SP and in BB. I don't see the same level of excitement from them this time around.

Posted via CB10
    Nope. All this over-analyses and reading into stuff that's not there . . . . . . . Makes my head hurt Thor. L0L
    cjcampbell and CDM76 like this.
    06-07-13 09:49 AM
    Well that was quick, deflating now.

But not too quick as I, AT LAST, SOLD at $14.12 and will jump back in when it settles back to normal.
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 06-07-13 at 10:06 AM.
    06-07-13 09:49 AM
    Holy ****. You gotta hand it these guys... they are good at what they do.
    bungaboy and nquyen like this.
    06-07-13 09:50 AM
    According to this tool, there 70K shares available for shorting. I don't know how accurate it is.

View Shortable Stocks
    06-07-13 09:51 AM
    Nope. All this over-analyses and reading into stuff that's not there . . . . . . . Makes my head hurt Thor. L0L
    Conspiracy theory says the government has always had BB user data, so there.... lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-07-13 09:52 AM
    So much for that...sheesh. have a great weekend folks. Enough watching this for me.
    lcjr likes this.
    06-07-13 09:53 AM
    According to this tool, there 70K shares available for shorting. I don't know how accurate it is.

View Shortable Stocks
    After these 70k shares have been shorted, there won't be anymore shorting? If that's the case, price should rocket up. Shorting has what kept price down. If it stops, not only will price start going up but that'd also counter negative sentiment.

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    matthewriedle and bungaboy like this.
    06-07-13 09:55 AM
    After these 70k shares have been shorted, there won't be anymore shorting? If that's the case, price should rocket up. Shorting has what kept price down. If it stops, not only will price start going up but that'd also counter negative sentiment.

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    I really doubt there's only 70K of available shares. People and corporations buy and sell throughout the day making shares constantly available.
    06-07-13 09:59 AM

View Shortable Stocks
    That's only from one brokerage. I've heard the places like Questrade haven't had any on some days. It means nothing in the grand scheme.
    leafs123 and OMGitworks like this.
    06-07-13 10:00 AM
    So much for that...sheesh. have a great weekend folks. Enough watching this for me.
    Me too hope everyone has a great weekend.

I am going to be on the water sipping Old No. 9!
    cjcampbell, bungaboy, lcjr and 2 others like this.
    06-07-13 10:08 AM
    Me too hope everyone has a great weekend.

I am going to be on the water sipping Old No. 9!
    Have a great day bud.... enjoy the drink and maybe we'll see you pop your head in a little later.
    06-07-13 10:10 AM
    Oh I'm sure we'll see you again soon
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    06-07-13 10:11 AM

I feel there was pent up demand for the Z10. It was pent up demand for BB10.
    So please let me take your view and give it a slightly different perspective.
    I submit. I believe BlackBerry was very aware of the war that was going to be waged against them at the launch of the new platform.
    They wanted to prove to the world they had a fantastic OS for both full touch and qwerty (and then some). Knowing the war for perception was coming they chose the path of a marathon instead of a sprint.
    Launching the Z first with the Q to follow was smart IMO, giving the full touch the needed time and limelight. Knowing the Q customers were not going anywhere, as BlackBerry is the only qwerty smartphone worth buying.
    At the same time they new the restart of the brand would take time. Realizing that when media and analyists were saying that the Z was Do or die, they were wrong. So there was no point in launching the very best they had to offer and send it to the wolves.
    We have to remember that the first leaked picture of the Z was back about a year before the actual launch. That's even before Thor arrived on the seen as the CEO. That makes the Z, old school BB10. Yet they launched it anyway. It had decent specs and for its intended purpose I feel it has and will continue to do well.
    It's main purpose being, introducing BB10 to the world. Not necessary being a smash hit for the ages.
    In that regard the Z10 is doing just fine and has set the stage for the real full touch BlackBerry show, which is the Aristo! By the time the Aristo launches, BB10 will be feature rich! And BlackBerry World will be in fine shape.
    The mobile computing future BlackBerry hints at will be upon us and the brand will be ready to take its next step.
    Of the 6 devices to launch this year the Aristo will be #4. I believe the last two device to be major accessories to the Aristo and not new phones. Accessories that help complete the mobile computing vision and unleash it's abilities.
    I believe the Z10 has done and will continue to do its job as the mid tier BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 10:15 AM
    Have a great day bud.... enjoy the drink and maybe we'll see you pop your head in a little later.
    Thanks Sir.

I would not miss it, my iPhone has CB and does it well. Only time I will not be watching will be some on Saturday and Sunday when we are offshore with no data service.
    cjcampbell and lcjr like this.
    06-07-13 10:21 AM
113,251 ... 12191220122112221223 ...