702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    sad if this is true..
    Slackberry | PandoDaily
    06-07-13 01:34 AM
    sad if this is true..
    Slackberry | PandoDaily
    Meh it's just the first day. Also, Apple is T-mobile's love child so I wouldn't be surprised if there isnt any carrier advertising coming from them.

The Q10 will sell like crazy, but you won't see lineups in stores like the Iphone. Enterprises will be buying these in bulk and it's hard to show that in a 30 sec news clip on cnbc lol.
    06-07-13 02:05 AM
    sad if this is true..
    Slackberry | PandoDaily
    Smells fishy. First line says 'on a whim' I went and bought a q10. Who does that with a phone? Then after you buy it go home and complain why there is no line and write an article about it?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-07-13 02:32 AM
    This is the kind of observation that I would expect Morgan to make.

While the Master is away (I hope it all went well yesterday), I think we have got ourselves a great apprentice! May the force be with you.

Sweet!!! I like what I just saw there. With the 5-dma at 13.69, it provided too much support for the bears to break and we were riding it for the last half hour of the day. That, to me, is a great sign.
    06-07-13 03:40 AM
    Post this on your fb/twitter guys:
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-2013-04_vzw-blackberry-web-sm.jpg  
    06-07-13 04:12 AM
    Samsung gets a taste of what us bbry stockholders have been getting recently:

Samsung shares fall after JPMorgan cuts profit outlook
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Samsung released its latest flagship product the Galaxy S4 last month
    Continue reading the main story
    Related Stories

Samsung Galaxy S4: First impressions
    Samsung loses Apple case in UK

Shares in Samsung Electronics, the world's biggest smartphone maker, fell the most in nine months after JPMorgan Chase cut its profit estimates.

Samsung shares fell as much as 5.5% in early trade in Seoul to a four-month low of 1,438,000 South Korean won.

JPMorgan said weak demand for Samsung's flagship phone, the Galaxy S4, from Europe was likely to impact earnings.

It said it now expects S4 shipments this year to be 20 to 30% lower than its previous forecast.

It said the firm was expected to ship 7 to 8 million units per month from July. Last month, Samsung announced that it had sold 10 million S4 units within a month of the phone's launch.

JPMorgan analysts were quoted as saying by Bloomberg news agency that the S4's "peak-quarter number seems way below our previous estimates".

JPMorgan lowered its 2013 earnings forecast for Samsung by 9%.
    'Lagging sales'

Profit warnings from analysts of other South Korea-based firms this week also dented investor morale.

"It's a general consensus that the profitability of Samsung's mobile business will weaken," Young Park from Woori Securities said in a note to clients.

Samsung has been shifting its focus to cheaper smartphones as it compete with Chinese manufacturers.

However, analysts said that such moves would put pressure on profit margins and slow growth momentum for its high-end models including the Galaxy S4.

"Sales of high-end handsets are lagging behind expectations, while low-to mid-end handsets are selling briskly worldwide," said Kim Young-chan from Shinhan Investment Corp.
    BBC News - Samsung shares fall after JPMorgan cuts profit outlook
    06-07-13 04:15 AM
    http://www.connectedworldmag.com/lat...30606151408070

Not really anything of substance but talks about BlackBerry and m2m for auto industry

Posted via CB10
    Acumenight likes this.
    06-07-13 04:32 AM
    sad if this is true..
    Slackberry | PandoDaily
    Some people are just stupid. With on line ordering and over the phone orders I doubt many people go in store any more. If I recall there was not a line when S4 was released either. At least not at any of the (6-8) stores around here....

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-07-13 04:37 AM
    I think $40 by years end is a realistic expectation.
    Man, I hope, I'd def sell. My prediction is $28 by the end of year if Sept ER is strong.
    06-07-13 04:52 AM
    Quick Take: Charting BlackBerry's Future - TheStreet

NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Debra Borchardt met with Zev Spiro, chief market technician at Orips Research, to discuss some of the recent price action in BlackBerry (BBRY_) and where it might be headed.

While BlackBerry has certainly been hot in the press lately with new products like the Q10 and Z10, the next day for big movement will likely be June 28, when the company reports its 2014 first-quarter earnings.

As Borchardt noted, the short interest has continued to climb, now up to 170 million shares, roughly 33% of those outstanding.

Spiro pointed out that this could lead to a substantial short squeeze if the company reports solid results.

While the uptrend that started in September 2012 was broken in February, shares have been consolidating since, with sideways trading action on lower volume. This could lead to a breakout on the upside.

Aggressive investors may want to add shares between $12 and $13.30, according to Spiro. Nevertheless, BlackBerry is a volatile name, which will likely see investors reducing their stake if the stock disappoints and breaks below $12.

"Use that [$12] level as your line in the sand and eventually as prices start to turn higher, portfolios could add to those positions," he concluded.

-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.
    06-07-13 04:59 AM

NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Debra Borchardt met with Zev Spiro, chief market technician at Orips Research, to discuss some of the recent price action in BlackBerry (BBRY_) and where it might be headed.

While BlackBerry has certainly been hot in the press lately with new products like the Q10 and Z10, the next day for big movement will likely be June 28, when the company reports its 2014 first-quarter earnings.

As Borchardt noted, the short interest has continued to climb, now up to 170 million shares, roughly 33% of those outstanding.

Spiro pointed out that this could lead to a substantial short squeeze if the company reports solid results.

While the uptrend that started in September 2012 was broken in February, shares have been consolidating since, with sideways trading action on lower volume. This could lead to a breakout on the upside.

Aggressive investors may want to add shares between $12 and $13.30, according to Spiro. Nevertheless, BlackBerry is a volatile name, which will likely see investors reducing their stake if the stock disappoints and breaks below $12.

"Use that [$12] level as your line in the sand and eventually as prices start to turn higher, portfolios could add to those positions," he concluded.

Watch the video and then tell me how much faith you put in this.

Posted via CB10
    snejpa and bungaboy like this.
    06-07-13 05:05 AM
    Wow, she sounds like this is her part time gig, with her main job hosting infomercials!

Posted via Z10
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    06-07-13 05:11 AM
    I think the $12 figure has validity.
    06-07-13 05:12 AM
    Don't guess this will have any impact

Stock Market & Financial Investment News: Educated Investors Get Live Stock Market News Feeds & Alerts at The Fly On the Wall

BlackBerry checks show sales of Z10 slowing, says Jefferies
    Jefferies said its channel checks indicate that sales of BlackBerry's Z10 phone are slowing globally while Q10 sales are doing better than expected. The firm still believes BlackBerry will beat consensus estimates for both the May and August quarters and keeps a Buy rating on the stock with a $22 price target.
    06-07-13 05:28 AM
    Oh, Z10 owners get 10 GB total. But no single file can be bigger than 300 meg for drop box. I think the 350 meg limit is on Box.
    I think that's to prevent it from becoming a pirate's haven.
    06-07-13 05:31 AM
    First trades are green in PM. And HUGE volume too. Lol

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and psy fi like this.
    06-07-13 05:32 AM
    I always said Blackberry was a $12 stock before the Z10 came out. So any progress the stock makes above $12 is what I say is due to the new phones. If it drops below $12 that means the new phones haven't made any progress according to my $12 number. Anyways nothing to worry about yet. We still gotta get q10 to all the businesses. It's not like the company is going to die after serving all the worlds businesses!!
    BlackistheBerry and psy fi like this.
    06-07-13 05:33 AM

Hmmm...maybe I will hold off adding just yet. There are more than a few saying similar things about under $13. Three more weeks, especially from this price, is a LONGGGG time.
    06-07-13 05:37 AM
    Anyone heading out to the shareholder meeting?
    06-07-13 05:52 AM
    Anyone heading out to the shareholder meeting?
    I probably will be. I'm in town so really don't have much of an excuse not to

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 05:53 AM
    sad if this is true..
    Slackberry | PandoDaily
    I think it's BS.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-07-13 06:08 AM
    First trades are green in PM. And HUGE volume too. Lol

Posted via CB10

Woohoo!! It would be great to see a solid climb today.

Edit: lol...you tricked me.
    06-07-13 06:11 AM
    Woohoo!! It would be great to see a solid climb today.
    Ha. At the time I wrote that, the volume was a whopping 900 shares.

It's now at 3100 and the same price. Jumped to 87 at one point though. Buuuutttt.... I fully expect it to be taken down shortly before open as per usual. As for the day, I still expect a marginally green day.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 06:15 AM
    Originally Posted by kfh227

Oh, Z10 owners get 10 GB total. But no single file can be bigger than 300 meg for drop box. I think the 350 meg limit is on Box.
    I think that's to prevent it from becoming a pirate's haven.
    SugarSync however:

Jan 10, 2012

We are happy to announce that we are removing the size limit on public links sent by free users. Previously, there was a 25 MB size limit per file. As of today, there is no size limit.
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    06-07-13 06:19 AM
    Ha. At the time I wrote that, the volume was a whopping 900 shares.

It's now at 3100 and the same price. Jumped to 87 at one point though. Buuuutttt.... I fully expect it to be taken down shortly before open as per usual. As for the day, I still expect a marginally green day.

Posted via CB10
    I want to see progress!
    06-07-13 06:19 AM
113,256 ... 12151216121712181219 ...