View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Oh yeah, but we're not likely to hear anything about it is my concern. I have some friends who invest much more than me and they are convinced that the stock will dwindle another dollar or more before the ER.

I've got to admit that I am really torn right now because I really don't see that kind of drop but they're right more than I am.

Anyone else's thoughts?
    Get new friends!
    06-06-13 08:36 PM
    I would argue that part of the reason our volume is petering off is that there just isn't enough factual information about the company's performance. Without it there is a wait and see and I think it's hurting the stock.
    That's exactly how I feel. It's frustrating to wait 3 months before getting facts. I don't have that much experience with other corporations, but Tesla isn't like this. Neither is JCP. Sometimes it looks like BB shoots themselves in the foot a lot.
    06-06-13 08:36 PM
    That's exactly how I feel. It's frustrating to wait 3 months before getting facts. I don't have that much experience with other corporations, but Tesla isn't like this. Neither is JCP. Sometimes it looks like BB shoots themselves in the foot a lot.
    Watsa is teaching Thor how to keep wall street guessing. Stop projections and focus on the long term. I personally don't think their will be much of a squeeze but more of a bull trend over several years with the this stock.... I think there may be a quick run into the 20's though.

Powered by QNX
    06-06-13 08:56 PM
    Watsa is teaching Thor how to keep wall street guessing. Stop projections and focus on the long term. I personally don't think their will be much of a squeeze but more of a bull trend over several years with the this stock.... I think there may be a quick run into the 20's though.

Powered by QNX
    Really, no squeeze? Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting a spike into the $70s or anything drastic like that, but I do feel there will be a squeeze after the Sep ER. I think we could see the $40s.
    06-06-13 09:00 PM
    Way cool, I just saw a Cadillac commercial demonstrating QNX. I want to see that in a Jeep. Not the demo they had but in all Jeeps.
    06-06-13 09:02 PM
    Really, no squeeze? Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting a spike into the $70s or anything drastic like that, but I do feel there will be a squeeze after the Sep ER. I think we could see the $40s.
    I think $40 by years end is a realistic expectation.
    06-06-13 09:04 PM
    I was surprised to find that the Pandora player via website worked fine on my bb10. Even kept playing when the browser is in the background.
    Not sure why it keeps playing. Videos seem to be hit and miss but Pandora keeps going.

PS: Just get the Apollo app.
    06-06-13 09:06 PM
    I use Dropbox for that purpose.

Posted via CB10
    You have to pay to have files over 250 or 300 meg stored. SUCKS. I wanted to upload a video and couldn't.
    06-06-13 09:11 PM
    You have to pay to have files over 250 or 300 meg stored. SUCKS. I wanted to upload a video and couldn't.
    Really? I got 3gb for free.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 09:13 PM
    Really? I got 3gb for free.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, Z10 owners get 10 GB total. But no single file can be bigger than 300 meg for drop box. I think the 350 meg limit is on Box.
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    06-06-13 09:22 PM
    Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 09:31 PM
    Oh, Z10 owners get 10 GB total. But no single file can be bigger than 300 meg for drop box. I think the 350 meg limit is on Box.
    I get 5gb free and I uploaded a 2gb picture so my wife could download it. She opened an account tonight on her iPad and gets the same thing. So far no restrictions up to the 5gb limit.

Edit: that was a 2 mb file. I need another beer.
    06-06-13 09:35 PM
    Bb10 takes dropbox and box next level with the file system integration.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000531.png

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    06-06-13 09:41 PM
    Not to mention remote PC file access. Brilliant.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, lcjr and Dapper37 like this.
    06-06-13 09:41 PM
    I still can't believe I'm saying this now but I'm going to hold off on the Q10 and wait for the next flagship. If I have to buy a device out right for $595 because I'm a year out on my contract, then I want the best device possible. Damn....
    06-06-13 09:46 PM
    I agree ... there is no way out but way up for these shorts once bbry is deemed successfull by the remaining nay-sayers. Remember that some people still think it's actually going to fail ... hence 1/3 short. For myself, I think that this is going to be one of those stocks where ... one morning you'll wake up, check the news and the news anchor will say ... 'in other news, bbry is up a whopping 300% due to a stock market phenomena known as a short squeeze. ...'

06-06-13 10:24 PM
    I think the problem with shorts (I can only assume this) is that they view BBRY as merely a smartphone company that does some MDM stuff on the side. With BYOD, people don't want Blackberry's and consumers don't want them. And there are new "better" competitors regarding MDM.

Reality:
    Of course, we all know that BES 10 is pretty damned good. If not the best solution it is close. The smartphones (to those that have BB10) are incredible devices.

They have QNX that is in everything.

And they are moving very aggressively into M2M technology.

Every month I get more clarity of where BBRY is going technology wise and I realize more and more that they have an excellent vision of the future. Just look at what they initially said about tablets and what it infers they plan on doing. I love the fact that I have a nice "root device" in my hands today. And I expect to be able to leverage all that power with a $150 tablet (thin client) going forward.

And think about where they are going with automotive technology.

I am praying for a massive security breach caused primarily because of the lack of Android security. It will be epic.

THOUGHT:
    What if Aristo is the first phone with OS 10.2 (presumably) and has a new feature that comes with 10.2. You can use it with a root device with SURPRISE .... a new shiny 10" tablet! Oh, that's a $150 tablet by the way. Oh you want an Android tablet? Oh, you need that $600 phone and to match the power of this 10" tablet connected to Aristo, you need a $500 tablet. So:

High end Android phone ($600) + high end Android tablet ($600+) = $1200+

And think. I just checked ... Samsung galaxy Tab = $900.

Or:
    Aristo ($600) + BB10 high end tablet (via thin client)($150) = $750

If this doesn't drive sales, I don't know what will. Why BBRY doesn't rush this tech is beyond me.
    Last edited by kfh227; 06-06-13 at 11:12 PM. Reason: spelling errors
    lcjr, m0de25, zyben and 8 others like this.
    06-06-13 10:40 PM
    I agree ... there is no way out but way up for these shorts once bbry is deemed successfull by the remaining nay-sayers. Remember that some people still think it's actually going to fail ... hence 1/3 short. For myself, I think that this is going to be one of those stocks where ... one morning you'll wake up, check the news and the news anchor will say ... 'in other news, bbry is up a whopping 300% due to a stock market phenomena known as a short squeeze. ...'
    Hahahahaha. Now that would be awesome. When we get close to that I'll set an alarm to get notified when the price reaches a certain level. Plus there are several on this thread that would get that information out one second after the squeeze started. Hahaha. Seriously though, I think we could see mid $40s come mid October then $50 mid January.
    jon_stark_28 likes this.
    06-06-13 10:41 PM
    here's my vision of what the future of blackberry is , just a smart phone company hopefully not in the near future
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-06-13 10:48 PM
    This is another one I saw that got me a bit excited!!! I've seen it a couple of times now..
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-06-13 10:52 PM
    here's my vision of what the future of blackberry is , just a smart phone company hopefully not in the near future
    Bring it on baby!! Once that comes out and is the norm, our SP will be like Google right now. I just hope this happens in our lifetime. Hahaha.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-06-13 10:58 PM
    yes that wpuld be nice we all know its gonna happen the question is when, 40 years from now would not benefit me lol
    06-06-13 11:04 PM
    I would argue that part of the reason our volume is petering off is that there just isn't enough factual information about the company's performance. Without it there is a wait and see and I think it's hurting the stock.
    funny somebody made the exact opposite argument, guess it must be a state of mind case
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    06-06-13 11:04 PM
    Z10 + thin tablet discussion

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=815552

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 11:33 PM
    Not if you create an account from you BlackBerry if I remember correctly

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-07-13 01:16 AM
113,250 ... 12141215121612171218 ...