View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Where the BlackBerry CSR's busy at either the BMO or HSBC locations?
    Not sure I just walked by. They always seem to be talking to someone but not a crowd lined up. They're just trying to entice the corporate crowd and I think it's a good way to raise awareness.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-05-13 06:37 PM
    I was thinking the same thing. I think I remember this same thing happening with the launch of the Z10. Talk about a super phone.

Announcing a new phone that tops what you are about to deliver can be a reason for people to hold off on buying! No sure if this was the right time to annouce the A10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-05-13 06:38 PM
    I was thinking the same thing. I think I remember this same thing happening with the launch of the Z10. Talk about a super phone.
    BB didn't release any info. The carrier said something and now everyone is running with it. If I were BB, I'd have something to say about it.
    06-05-13 06:48 PM
    BB didn't release any info. The carrier said something and now everyone is running with it. If I were BB, I'd have something to say about it.
    Yeah, but trying to mitigate that will be hard to do. It will keep some folks from buying anything now when something better is just a few months away. Especially in today's economy where most can't afford more than one device. This will get interesting no matter what.
    06-05-13 06:52 PM
    Yes. Completely asinine to do that.
    06-05-13 06:54 PM
    Yeah, but trying to mitigate that will be hard to do. It will keep some folks from buying anything now when something better is just a few months away. Especially in today's economy where most can't afford more than one device. This will get interesting no matter what.
    Many people will get what's available now. If you want something, you get it. If your contract is up, and you can get a "cheap" new phone, you jump on it. Think about how many people left BB in Nov and Dec when they could have just waited a couple of more months. You may be a patient soul but today's society has been taught to get what you can now and don't wait.
    06-05-13 06:57 PM
    covert short attack in my opinion trying to cause confusion about Q10 release and buying them some time for the share price to fall for cover
    That's a pretty interesting looking Doji...

That's what she said :P
    Absolutely. Why do they do this? It's a "leak" sure but a very detailed one and therefore likely an intentional one.

This could slow Z10 sales significantly. Should have been leaked in October, in my opinion.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-05-13 07:01 PM
    That's what she said :P
    Lol
    06-05-13 07:02 PM
    Many people will get what's available now. If you want something, you get it. If your contract is up, and you can get a "cheap" new phone, you jump on it. Think about how many people left BB in Nov and Dec when they could have just waited a couple of more months. You may be a patient soul but today's society has been taught to get what you can now and don't wait.
    We plan to buy the A10 but I would classify us as first movers.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-05-13 07:04 PM
    Right, but if the Z10 was just available to you today, and you were ready to get a new phone, would you really wait until around Christmas time to get a new phone?
    lcjr, bungaboy and plane6065 like this.
    06-05-13 07:08 PM
    Possibly gap up tomorrow.

Could still be a crud story about poor Q10 sales but the short dogs seem to be ridiculed by a few articles lately. They are starting to lose credibility and impact.
    06-05-13 07:09 PM
    Right, but if the Z10 was just available to you today, and you were ready to get a new phone, would you really wait until around Christmas time to get a new phone?
    I wouldn't but for sure some may. All depends what you're leaving I'd guess. This leak should have waited until the fall.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-05-13 07:15 PM
    Why am I the only person here that thinks we are going to at least $ 14.50/shr tomorrow?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-june-6-2013-chart.jpg

I see us gapping up, and on toward the centerline of the Bollinger Bands tomorrow. This would also be close to the 50-mda as well. That big fat horz. line is my target. Why? Because the 5-dma will be at $ 13.70/shr tomorrow, or just above us, and the 3-dma will be gapped at the open, we would then take out that green downtrend line that we have been following since the stock peaked at the blue line. All of this strong TA occurs tomorrow pending a huge sell-off in the general market. Its time to go up from here.

As per that BBM Channel, I've too far away from something like that. Tomorrow at noon, they are going inside my skull with a robot while I'm awake! Are you kidding me? Damn.
    06-05-13 07:19 PM
    I don't subscribe to the notion that announcing a follow up model will somehow stem current model sales. There is ALWAYS something new on the horizon. You either are in the market for a new phone or you're not. For the most part, people will get a new phone as soon as their contract expires. When a contract expires the subscriber will own a 1 or 2 year old phone, ancient by today's standards, so they will want to get something new right away.

Besides, not everyone is in the market for a 5" phone. I went from the Z10 to Q10 and the notion of the A10 doesn't even excite me. Love my QWERTY.
    06-05-13 07:19 PM
    Plan.

If we tank Friday, I buy call options that expire next Friday.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 07:21 PM
    Why am I the only person here that thinks we are going to at least $ 14.50/shr tomorrow?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIM June 6  2013 Chart.jpg 
Views:	1733 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	168779

I see us gapping up, and on toward the centerline of the Bollinger Bands tomorrow. This would also be close to the 50-mda as well. That big fat horz. line is my target. Why? Because the 5-dma will be at $ 13.70/shr tomorrow, or just above us, and the 3-dma will be gapped at the open, we would then take out that green downtrend line that we have been following since the stock peaked at the blue line. All of this strong TA occurs tomorrow pending a huge sell-off in the general market. Its time to go up from here.

As per that BBM Channel, I've too far away from something like that. Tomorrow at noon, they are going inside my skull with a robot while I'm awake! Are you kidding me? Damn.
    Good luck tomorrow! Now I know why you're planning for a big push tomorrow - you won't be able to watch it - and a watched pot never boils
    06-05-13 07:22 PM

Thank Jesus. Let's dust off and get out of this place!

I'm hoping for a dip in the morning as I have to put 1/3 of my position back! Under $13.70 would be great but I'll not quibble over a few pennies.

Thanks again M+8!
    morganplus8 likes this.
    06-05-13 07:25 PM
    There is one BBRY bbm channel I have found thus far. Channel PIN is C000EF854

Would be very nice to have a Morgan8 channel. Not volunteering anyone. Just saying...
    That would be ultra lovely to have. (no pressure here. LoL )
    06-05-13 07:29 PM

Best of luck tomorrow M8. I know good things happen to good people, you will rise to the top again like #BBRY. :thumbup:
    06-05-13 07:34 PM
    Get 2. Don't be cheap. LoL
    06-05-13 07:39 PM

Don't let the wife catch you looking at big fat horz

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    morganplus8 and lcjr like this.
    06-05-13 07:40 PM
    All the best for tomorrow Morgan! Hope all goes well. Sending good vibes your way!

06-05-13 07:41 PM
    With you in spirit kind Sir. Sending good thoughts & positive vibes.

Stand Sure!
    06-05-13 07:42 PM
113,256 ... 12021203120412051206 ...