Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Go to 6:45......

BNN Video Player
    Awesome stuff... every one of you reading this thread should go and watch that, if you can.

I think he's got a bit of a dry sense of humour, and says a few things that might be considered over-the-top, but he sure speaks the way I think.

A few choice quotes:

"Oh, I think BlackBerry's fine..."

"... BlackBerry has the third world locked up, and the overall switch in phone users from mobile phones to smart phones has just begun." (Mentions 5x as many cell phone users as there are smart phone users so far.)

"I don't think the US matters; I think it's a rounding error. And I think the shorts are concentrating on that because they want to get the stock price down."

on the shorts: "Maybe they should write proper English if they're trying to make a really convincing sell report."

"It appears that the new CEO of BlackBerry by all accounts is top-notch. They have a top CEO... great technology."
    Last edited by peter9477; 06-05-13 at 04:48 PM. Reason: emphasized quotations
    06-05-13 04:44 PM
    Here's a funny on "My Blackberry Is Not Working".

bungaboy and tygros like this.
    06-05-13 04:46 PM
    Yep, he talks well. Here he is January explaining hedge funds and shorts regarding Blackberry...

Thanks, great interview. Still pretty relevant.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    06-05-13 04:51 PM
    Jim Doak talks BB shorts on BNN again. Start at about 6:40:

BNN Video Player
    Finally!!!! Someone on TV that knows why we are all investors of this stock. Wish that guy could be invited on CNBC, it would be a free interview and we know that's not how CNBC keeps the lights on.
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    06-05-13 04:51 PM
    Rumors like crazy lately. Now Icahn is looking at opening a position?

Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) has been spared from the broad-market bloodbath today, with the stock up 1.1% to trade at $13.68. Not surprisingly, calls have easily emerged as the options of choice, with roughly 70,000 contracts crossing the tape -- nearly four times the number of puts that have changed hands. Optimistic option players are eyeing a move above $15 over the next several weeks, as BBRY's out-of-the-money weekly 6/14 15-strike call and June 15 call are among the top trades of the day.

Jumping right in... Of the 5,556 weekly 6/14 15-strike calls exchanged, 92% have gone off at the ask price, and implied volatility was last seen 5.8 percentage points higher, pointing to buy-to-open activity. The volume-weighted average price (VWAP) for the calls is $0.13, meaning traders will begin to profit with each step north of $15.13 (strike plus VWAP) BBRY takes through next Friday's close. Although the equity was trading north of this strike in intraday action as recently as May 21, the options market isn't too confident this position will finish in the money ahead of expiration. Delta for the call is currently docked at 0.20, or 20%, suggesting a 1-in-5 chance the position will topple the strike price before the close on June 14.

Meanwhile, 83% of the 3,235 June 15 calls that have crossed the tape have done so at the ask price, and implied volatility is up 4.8 percentage points, pointing to the initiation of new bullish bets. The VWAP for these calls is $0.23, making breakeven $15.23. Risk, meanwhile, is limited to the initial premium paid. The speculators are willing to pay a pretty penny for these calls, as implied volatility at this strike is inflated relative to the stock's 20-day historical (realized) volatility (59% vs. 33.7%). In other words, premium is relatively expensive at the moment.

As my colleague Andrea Kramer noted earlier this week, calls have been popular in BBRY's options pits. During the course of the past 10 sessions, traders at the International Securities Exchange (ISE), Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE), and NASDAQ OMX PHLX (PHLX) have bought to open 113,751 calls, compared to 35,461 puts. In fact, the resultant call/put volume ratio of 3.21 ranks in the 94th percentile of its annual range, meaning puts have been scooped up over calls at a near annual-high clip.

Technically, Research In Motion has added a formidable 15.3% in 2013. However, the stock has been in a bit of a slump recently, and has underperformed the broader S&P 500 Index (SPX) by more than 12 percentage points throughout the past 40 sessions.

As mentioned, though, BBRY is higher in afternoon trading, as its keyboard-equipped Q10 BlackBerry goes on sale in T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE:TMUS) and Verizon Wireless stores today and tomorrow, respectively. Additionally, according to Fred Ruffy of Trade-Alert, rumors are circulating that Carl Icahn may be looking to buy a stake in Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY).

Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) Calls Hot Amid Q10 Release, Icahn Rumors | Daily Option Blog | Schaeffer's Investment Research
    06-05-13 04:58 PM
    Rumors like crazy lately. Now Icahn is looking at opening a position?
    Is that a wish / a rumor / or a news?

I'm looking for his name in your article on my z10 but can't find any.

Edit: nvm I found it. How did I miss that.
    Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 05:04 PM
    Just a reminder to the shorts.

Blackberry (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB), the Canada-based smart-phone maker, was swinging between gains and losses as the company unveiled a new product that allows automakers to manage and deliver over-the-air software updates to vehicles. The new service, called Software Update Management for Automotive, will leverage Blackberry’s existing global and secure infrastructure, used to push software updates to millions of Blackberry devices around the world, to facilitate machine-to-machine communication directly between the automaker and the vehicle, the Waterloo, Ontario-based company said in a statement on Wednesday. The stock had lost 6 percent in the past three days.
    06-05-13 05:06 PM
    [QUOTE=q649;8599929
    On topic to prevent banning: I suspect we'll bounce around $13.60 today without a big move in either direction at close.[/QUOTE]

Missed it by 3 cents. Perhaps I should have said $100 instead?
    06-05-13 05:14 PM
    The first 4 words of the article tell you exactly how people are starting to feel about this clown...

BBRY: Q10 Sales Trail Z10 in UK, Canada, Says Pac Crest - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    06-05-13 05:19 PM
    The first 4 words of the article tell you exactly how people are starting to feel about this clown...

BBRY: Q10 Sales Trail Z10 in UK, Canada, Says Pac Crest - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    The graph that goes with that 'article' claims that BBRY has only sold through 750k phones since January in NA and the UK. Heins said that the sell through from January alone was over 700k while in extremely limited release. It can't get any more absurd.
    06-05-13 05:25 PM

Looks like somebody just passed their video processors course for making a graph in excel! congrats mr. Faucette... you can put that on your resume now

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-05-13 05:42 PM
    .....and I'm caught up on the thread! You were pretty busy today! I haven't watched the Doak video yet but I seem to remember another video where he said he was holding shares that he bought in the 30's so that could influence him just a wee bit.
    Bugmapper and cjcampbell like this.
    06-05-13 05:42 PM
    Looks like somebody just passed their video processors course for making a graph in excel! congrats mr. Faucette... you can put that on your resume now

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    LOL for the week of June 3rd it would appear he expects approximately 20 BB's to sell in the US. Maybe 19. Can't be sure. Lol
    06-05-13 05:48 PM
    Yes that was extremely amusing to see, Pac Crest logo on that piece of paper he's holding, he might aswell have set it on fire.
    I would pay dollars. DOLLARS to get a copy of that report.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 05:49 PM
    There is one BBRY bbm channel I have found thus far. Channel PIN is C000EF854

Would be very nice to have a Morgan8 channel. Not volunteering anyone. Just saying...
    abouthsu, lcjr, q649 and 4 others like this.
    06-05-13 06:10 PM

Would be very nice to have a Morgan8 channel. Not volunteering anyone. Just saying...
    L.o.l.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    Funq likes this.
    06-05-13 06:11 PM

+1 I would love that as well M8 Channel!
    q649, bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    06-05-13 06:12 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000557_hdr.jpg Vancouver BC. HSBC Tower

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, sidhuk, take99 and 8 others like this.
    06-05-13 06:13 PM

Let's see what he has to say after the ER. We should hammer them and call them out publicly.
    jon_stark_28 and bungaboy like this.
    06-05-13 06:18 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000557_hdr.jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	168758 Vancouver BC. HSBC Tower

Posted via CB10
    Kind of worry some that there is not more of a crowd at the event or did you wait for a crowd less moment to take the picture?
    06-05-13 06:19 PM
    I like the quotes around checks ... as in, yeah right.

Faucette says “checks” of sales in theU.K.*and*Canada*show Q10 sales falling*
    cjcampbell, m0de25 and bungaboy like this.
    06-05-13 06:19 PM

Totally agree and I remember reading earlier that someone was bored. Just sayin. Lol
    06-05-13 06:20 PM
    Kind of worry some that there is not more of a crowd at the event or did you wait for a crowd less moment to take the picture?
    It's not so much of an event than it is an informative booth. You walk through it to get into the building. BlackBerry has been moving it around from building to building in the business district here in Vancouver. On Monday I saw it at the BMO building.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 06:22 PM
    It's not so much of an event than it is an informative booth. You walk through it to get into the building. BlackBerry has been moving it around from building to building in the business district here in Vancouver. On Monday I saw it at the BMO building.

Posted via CB10
    Where the BlackBerry CSR's busy at either the BMO or HSBC locations?
    06-05-13 06:28 PM

Q10 was always going to trail Z10, spin city
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-05-13 06:32 PM
113,256 ... 12011202120312041205 ...