View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Rumoured Specs of BB Aristo / A10... thing is a beast.

1) 4.65″ Super AMOLED touchscreen w/ 1080�1920 resolution

2) Quad-core 1.9 GHz Qualcomm Krait cpu

3) 4GB of RAM

4) BB 10 OS.. possible 10.2 (with 4.2.2 JellyBean Android Runtime)

5) 3,000mAh battery
    The tech of the cpu is interesting. Each core can be individually clocked. Not sure about shut down but maybe. 3,000 mAh is slight overkill.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 01:55 PM
    Be out late in this year. Many will not wait.
    Hope it has charging contacts!
    Me too. Wireless charging would be great.
    06-05-13 01:58 PM
    The tech of the cpu is interesting. Each core can be individually clocked. Not sure about shut down but maybe. 3,000 mAh is slight overkill.

Posted via CB10
    I actually think 3000mAh is a bit low for such a large screen and powerful processor. Need like 3500mAh

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 01:59 PM
    It looks like, we are still forming the cup.

Hmmm, maybe just finished forming a cup. It looks like it is creating a handle now.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-06-05-2.59.25-pm.png
    bungaboy and Acumenight like this.
    06-05-13 02:00 PM
    News just in. Apologies if posted elsewhere.

BlackBerry says majority of top U.S. firms testing its new devices

05 Jun 2013 - 19:19
    TORONTO, June 5 (Reuters) - Sixty percent of U.S. Fortune 500 companies are already testing or using the system to manage BlackBerry's <BBRY.O> new line of devices, the company said on Wednesday, as U.S. carriers began to roll out its new keyboard-equipped Q10 smartphone. The Q10, which comes with the tiny physical keyboard that many BlackBerry fans admire, is the second device powered by the new BlackBerry 10 operating system. The touchscreen Z10 launched earlier this year. The U.S. market is crucial for Waterloo, Ontario-based BlackBerry as it seeks to win back market share ceded to Apple Inc's <AAPL.O> iPhone, Samsung's Galaxy smartphones and other devices powered by Google's <GOOG.O> Android operating system. "This is a very exciting day for us, launching with all four major U.S. carriers," BlackBerry Chief Operating Officer Kristian Tear said in an interview. Tear said BlackBerry, which has long had a strong base of corporate and government users, expected the Q10 to allow it to win back customers who have been using other devices. He believed demand for the smartphones would be helped by the fact that a majority of top U.S. companies were testing or installing the BlackBerry Enterprise Service system that would allow them to manage the new devices on their internal networks. "Since everybody is migrating toward this, we expect it will definitely create pull for our (smartphone) products," he said. "There are a lot of very loyal BlackBerry keyboard users out there who have been waiting for this and I think, with the Q10, we will also be able to win back prior BlackBerry customers, who are now trying other platforms." The Q10 launched in Canada, Britain and a few other countries two months ago. The U.S. launch was delayed due to a longer carrier-testing process. The device is already on sale through T-Mobile in the United States, while rivals Verizon <VZ.N> and AT&T <T.N> have begun to accept pre-orders for shipping later this month. Sprint plans to begin selling the devices this summer. (Reporting by Euan Rocha; Editing by Janet Guttsman and Bernadette Baum) (([email protected])(+1 416 941 8185)(Reuters Messaging: [email protected]))
    zyben, bungaboy and Acumenight like this.
    Rumoured Specs of BB Aristo / A10... thing is a beast.

1) 4.65″ Super AMOLED touchscreen w/ 1080�1920 resolution

2) Quad-core 1.9 GHz Qualcomm Krait cpu

3) 4GB of RAM

4) BB 10 OS.. possible 10.2 (with 4.2.2 JellyBean Android Runtime)

5) 3,000mAh battery
    BlackBerry needs a device like this so that spec crazy consumers entertain the idea of joining BlackBerry vs Android.

I don't need a V12 car but I know that a V12 car is a higher trim level (and more desired typically)than an equivalent V8 car of the same model line.

Posted via CB10
    How so? I'd love a phone to get me through the day on one charge. The Razr Maxx HD has a 3300 mAh battery.
    06-05-13 02:01 PM
    I actually think 3000mAh is a bit low for such a large screen and powerful processor. Need like 3500mAh

Posted via CB10
    From reading about the rumored CPU, it will probably draw leas juice than the Z10s.

Screen, maybe. I don't know much about screen technology.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 02:04 PM
    Nindia posted the rumoured specs. They're beast like.

Interestingly, BBRY was being pressured to announce the phone at BB Live but they didn't as they felt it wasn't ready.
    Yep, I saw that. I should have said "official" specs. Those should come out shortly before release, if this is a true rumor. I will definately want one of those over a Q10.
    06-05-13 02:04 PM
    How so? I'd love a phone to get me through the day on one charge. The Razr Maxx HD has a 3300 mAh battery.
    My z10, with music played all day and moderate use leaves 30% charge. More battery is good though. If I could last all day on one charge under heavy use, it would put HS3/4 users on notice.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 02:07 PM
    Fwiw, a10 is a nonsensical name. Probably the z11 or z15 or z20. It will be z something though.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 02:09 PM
    Yep, I saw that. I should have said "official" specs. Those should come out shortly before release, if this is a true rumor. I will definately want one of those over a Q10.
    Yeah – I don’t even own a smart phone. Lol I was thinking about getting the Q10 but my playbook has a cracked screen and I don’t think the Q10 would do it for me for reading in the evening. So I will either wait for this A10 or the rumoured larger Q10 type device and then get hooked up.
    06-05-13 02:09 PM
    What impact would this have on us shareholders? Estimated impact of course.
    06-05-13 02:11 PM
    Fwiw, a10 is a nonsensical name. Probably the z11 or z15 or z20. It will be z something though.

Posted via CB10
    Still just the code name I'm sure. Don't forget we all called the Z10 the "L" and the Q the "R" at one point.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-05-13 02:11 PM
    If there a deal, it would a partnership in my opinion as it has been discussed in the past. All depends how the licensing deal is structured and how it affects BBRY's books. In addition, it would give BBRY an advantage in China which is a huge market.

I'm all for a partnership deal here with Lenovo.
    06-05-13 02:13 PM
    Yeah – I don’t even own a smart phone. Lol I was thinking about getting the Q10 but my playbook has a cracked screen and I don’t think the Q10 would do it for me for reading in the evening. So I will either wait for this A10 or the rumoured larger Q10 type device and then get hooked up.
    That makes since. I've been lucky with my Playbook. It's still like brand new and I use it every evening, more than my laptop that now just sits there. lol If this rumor is true, I'll hold out on a new device for this one.
    matthewriedle likes this.
    06-05-13 02:13 PM
    A positive one lol
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-05-13 02:14 PM
    I like the first sentence using Google Translate (into English):

"44.4% of the elderly aged 11 and more French people have a smartphone. "

I guess that life expectancy in France isn't what it used to be.

On topic to prevent banning: I suspect we'll bounce around $13.60 today without a big move in either direction at close.
    Ok, I'm fired now
    Thx, translation is correct BTW

P.S: I've been close to my screen but far from the forum, hope you've been nice. Looking @ the day trade, hey; we're green and ... my CAN$14 100s may be in my wallet though ! (if my banker has removed his boxig gloves ...)
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    06-05-13 02:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    I could not feel comfortable saying the Blackberry is doing a poor job "naming" their phones. They can do as they wish!

From what it sounds like the A10 is a top tier phone which they want to separate from the current Q and Z series which will now be mid-tier.
    06-05-13 02:20 PM
    If there a deal, it would a partnership in my opinion as it has been discussed in the past. All depends how the licensing deal is structured and how it affects BBRY's books. In addition, it would give BBRY an advantage in China which is a huge market.

I'm all for a partnership deal here with Lenovo.
    I agree, would rather partnership than a buyout. I don't see a problem with Lenovo making Lenovo phone running BB10, as long as they don't 'make' BlackBerry phones.
    I am really curious about what kind of a deal would require such a big amount of money.
    I would estimate the impact to be over 9000!!!!

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.

Posted via CB10
    If 3000mAh is not enough then 3500mAh will not be either.

The new processors and circuity along with good software could extend battery life too. This things are always a compromise!
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-05-13 02:22 PM
    A10 sounds awesome .... count me in! I'll wait for it :-)
    FastLane228 likes this.
    06-05-13 02:26 PM
    WOOT! We're at 30,000 posts in this thread. I hope we rally by $30 because of this.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 02:30 PM
    WTF?!?! This can't seriously crap out after a strong day can it?
    FastLane228 and bungaboy like this.
    06-05-13 02:31 PM
113,250 ... 11981199120012011202 ...