View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    06-05-13 12:04 PM
    not sure if this is posted already but here is the link to the video.

BBRY: Jefferies and Nomura Go Head to Head on CNBC - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

Opps. didnt realize cj already posted the link.!!! my apologies.
    bungaboy, m0de25, W Hoa and 1 others like this.
    06-05-13 12:06 PM
    Fortunately, that's old data - only thru 5/15 - new numbers for thru 5/31 after COB on 6/11. Our point is it will be MUCH higher by then based on massive sell-off
    Thank you. I am not a expert or even a intermediate trader, but wouldnt it take one good ER and some big investor to take position in the company to cause a short squeeze? I guy like Carl Icahn is someone that comes to mind. Correct me if I am wrong.
    06-05-13 12:08 PM
    not sure if this is posted already but here is the link to the video.

BBRY: Jefferies and Nomura Go Head to Head on CNBC - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

Opps. didnt realize cj already posted the link.!!! my apologies.
    2 different stories here my friend. Thanks for posting yours as well.
    plane6065 and bungaboy like this.
    06-05-13 12:11 PM
    LOL!!

Breaking News!!!

The Twitter count has Pete Naj as the offiicial winner!! We won 11 - 6 with Pete's Mom voting twice. Hard to believe an old lady knew how to setup two twitter accounts!!! Look at the stock go!
    06-05-13 12:11 PM
    Wikipedia says 20 days which is this Saturday

Posted via CB10
    Is there any actual REQUIREMENT for companies to annouce earning warnings good or bad, or is it just a choice the company makes?
    06-05-13 12:19 PM
    Well this is a welcome change. An actual increase in price throughout the day as opposed to the gradual (sometimes not so gradual) decrease.
    06-05-13 12:26 PM
    Fortunately, that's old data - only thru 5/15 - new numbers for thru 5/31 after COB on 6/11. Our point is it will be MUCH higher by then based on massive sell-off
    I'm guessing another 6 million shares since the SP dropped roughly the same amount over the last period and this period.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-05-13 12:28 PM
    Is there any actual REQUIREMENT for companies to annouce earning warnings good or bad, or is it just a choice the company makes?
    They do it as a preventative measure to avoid shareholder lawsuits.

Posted via CB10
    Acumenight and jxnb like this.
    06-05-13 12:29 PM
    I don't believe it is a requirement. I know in the past Nokia has done this, but it plays in the hands of the manipulators, daytraders and shorters. In my earlier post, I wrote to BB and they wrote this: "We are currently in quiet period and cannot comment on sales numbers of the Q10. As a friendly reminder, the company does not comment on any rumors or speculation surrounding the company". I believe they can still give out other positive news (ie signing agreements etc).
    Nice little upswing. Hope it can hold.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture5.jpg

matthewriedle, zyben and bungaboy like this.
    06-05-13 12:31 PM
    Choice.

Posted via CB10
    Acumenight likes this.
    06-05-13 12:31 PM
    Nice little upswing. Hope it can hold.
    You want it to go to $ 13.80/shr, sit there for a few minutes and drop back to $ 13.72/shr, followed by some sideways movement and then a pop!! That's a Cup and Handle formation all in one day ............ and the rally begins. That's how we do it around here ................ man am I bored.

The other good choice is to go directly to $ 16.00/shr. GL
    06-05-13 12:32 PM
    Can we take the 2nd choice please?

You want it to go to $ 13.80/shr, sit there for a few minutes and drop back to $ 13.72/shr, followed by some sideways movement and then a pop!! That's a Cup and Handle formation all in one day ............ and the rally begins. That's how we do it around here ................ man am I bored.

06-05-13 12:34 PM

I'm lovin' the colour commentary Morgan....lol... You're on a roll this last few days hahahaha
    06-05-13 12:35 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture6.jpg

06-05-13 12:35 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture5.JPG 
Views:	450 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	168633

LOL, making up for the lack of good looks.
    06-05-13 12:37 PM
    A confirmation bullish candle, as hoped yesterday.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-06-05-1.36.17-pm.png
    06-05-13 12:38 PM

I am a direct kinda guy, so lets go directly to $16...or $160 would be ok too... LOL
    06-05-13 12:39 PM
    If he's right, the lip has been formed......
    06-05-13 12:41 PM
    Thanks for posting that link. Once CNBC starts talking more positively on BBRY, viewers are going to jump in and buy shares. ( I know, there is only 17 left, but we need everyone on baord to get this sp back up)

06-05-13 12:42 PM
    2 different stories here my friend. Thanks for posting yours as well.
    anytime.. work is crazy right now and i'm trying to read and work at the sametime =P
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-05-13 12:45 PM
    Can we take the 2nd choice please?
    Look at it here, we are not that far off from this formation playing out my friend! LOL

We got to $ 13.77/shr, backed up to slightly lower than $ 13.70/shr and now we are up again and filling in some sideways time. If the stock can hold in around these levels, i.e. $ 13.73/shr plus or minus a couple of pennies, we can finish the day up against the 5-dma and bounce much higher tomorrow.

Okay, a buyout at $ 28.50 works too! Where is our future partner Lenovo today? Are they finalizing a "security agreement contract with the DoD" so we can announce that deal too?
    06-05-13 12:49 PM
    Not sure if this has been posted earlier.....

The Q10 is BlackBerry's first device to launch on all four U.S. national carriers, and the company is feeling confident. "There is no competition," COO Kristian Tear says of the keyboard segment.

The U.S. carriers weren't particularly enthusiastic when selling BlackBerry's debut next-generation product, the BlackBerry Z10, but you can expect them to get louder with the follow-up Q10.

That's according to BlackBerry Chief Operating Officer Kristian Tear, who spoke to CNET on the day of the Q10 launch. T-Mobile is the first to offer the Q10, which hit stores on Wednesday, and the other three carriers will follow in the coming days.

It marks the first time a BlackBerry device has sold across all four U.S. nationwide carriers, a feat that should help get the company's phones in more consumers' hands. While the all-touchscreen Z10 was launched to prove to the industry that BlackBerry could move beyond its keyboard roots, the Q10 is the phone that the company's faithful -- if shrinking -- base of users have been waiting for.

"This is our stronghold," Tear said. "There is no competition in this segment. No one will be able to provide the keyboard experience and touch experience with Q10."

While there has been a smattering of commercials for BlackBerry by the carriers, they've made little noise about the Z10 since it launched. Analysts have noted that sales representatives typically recommended the iPhone 5 or other high-profile Android devices such as the Galaxy S4.

Tear said that he was happy with the support that the carriers have provided to BlackBerry, but noted that the company has looked at deficiencies and areas of improvement during product launches and gone back to the carriers. The carriers, in turn, have been accommodating, he said.

"We have really good relations with all carriers across the board," he said.

BlackBerry is on the slow road to recovery after launching BlackBerry 10 and the Z10 earlier this year. While early sales have been positive, the company still has a lot to prove. Many are expecting the Q10 to be more significant catalyst to sales.

"With the Q10, a lot of people have been waiting for it," he said. "There are high expectations for it, and I think we improved it big time."

Tear declined to discuss sales for the Z10, instead deferring to the company's earnings report, which is scheduled for June 28.

Many are looking for numbers that will reverse its slide in the market. A recent study from Comscore indicated BlackBerry had actually lost U.S. market share in the three months that ended on April 13, or about three weeks after the Z10 launched. The company controlled 5.1 percent of the U.S. market as of April 13, down from 5.9 percent on Jan. 13.

The keyboard is comfortable, well designed, and the largest on a BlackBerry yet.
    Sarah Tew/CNET
    Also nipping at its heels is Microsoft's Windows Phone operating system, which controlled 3 percent of the market as of April 13, according to ComScore. Tear believes there is room for more than three mobile operating system, but touted the company's existing user base of 76 million customers as an advantage over other upstart mobile platforms.

Tear said to not underestimate the appeal of a refined physical keyboard, boasting that it was good enough to give up the other advantages found in an iPhone or Android device.

"You use your keyboard more than anything else," he said. "Typing is fundamental."

Unsurprisingly, Tear was tight-lipped about future devices, and declined to comment on when BlackBerry 10 would come to the PlayBook tablet or whether the lower end Q5 would show up in the U.S.

Today, Tear was all about the BlackBerry Q10. Whether his boast about the appeal of its keyboard rings true should become apparent in the coming weeks.

http://m.cnet.com/news/blackberry-co...e-q10/57587814
    06-05-13 12:49 PM
113,256 ... 11961197119811991200 ...