View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It is not linear or that predictable. One of the characteristics of a short squeeze is panic which leads to the SP being all over the place. SP usually will accelerate at a very fast rate until calm is restored. At least this is the way I hope it plays out IF there is a short squeeze.
    I can only dream of the day the shorts start to panic ... my gut tell me that the silence from TH and bbry is due to some big awesome ER news coming.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-05-13 09:34 AM
    Yesterday's chart looked almost the same and where did that get us?
    BBRY is moving down as fast as it moved up. It is following the overall market trend. I think we will keep moving sideways unless we get some news that can move the stock either way. Hopefully, given that we are oversold along with other TA metrics, a move upside is much more likely than a move downside.
    06-05-13 09:34 AM
    I can only dream of the day the shorts start to panic ... my gut tell me that the silence from TH and bbry is due to some big awesome ER news coming.
    Quiet period before earnings

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 09:39 AM
    I am sorry but the "silence" is causing nothing but negative things for Blackberry. I have never seen such slack PR!
    OMGitworks likes this.
    06-05-13 09:41 AM
    Luckily my calls that expire Friday sold during the run up.

Small gain of maybe 80% after commission

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-05-13 09:43 AM
    I am sorry but the "silence" is causing nothing but negative things for Blackberry. I have never seen such slack PR!
    How often have you seen a company attempt this kind of turnaround?

Apple was pretty tight lipped during the late 90s.
    06-05-13 09:45 AM
    Apparently pac crest has another report out
    06-05-13 09:45 AM
    I'd rather for BB to remain quiet and destroy the shorters in a few weeks than constantly send press releases reassuring investors.

Let the shorters have their fun for now. It won't last.
    06-05-13 09:46 AM
    "Pacific Crest out this am with a $BBRY report that says Q10 launch in U.S. not likely to impress. Analyst reiterates sell"
    La Emperor likes this.
    06-05-13 09:48 AM
    After my 2 day, self imposed posting exile, I am back to posting again.

I wanted to step back and see if it was my posting that caused some of the ish going on here. But no, the haters/bashers/trolls/drive-by $h!t disturbers kept up the attack. Almost like they were on a tag-team. When one got wacked, another would appear on cue.

Almost seems like the "Sleeper Cell" got their secret signal to commence. LoL

Anyway, I believe PK truly supports our cause and our efforts like LCJR said previously. So, REPORT, REPORT, REPORT.

On topic, is it possible that the Bulls are just biding their time, waiting for the best entry price, before ER, to maximize their potential longer term returns?

Onwards and upwards!
    06-05-13 09:48 AM
    I haven't seen anything yet. It would be odd to put out another damning report so soon after the last one but I wouldn't put it past them. I'm still waiting on the others that we haven't heard from yet. I wonder when they'll pipe up to drive it down.
    lcjr likes this.
    06-05-13 09:49 AM
    Super easy fix for all the spam crap that comes from FB is to have an external email set up (ie: yahoo, hotmail etc) where your FB is linked to, that way none of the stuff comes to your home email. I have one such email where I use for things like that. Then I just regularly delete the crap that comes thru.
    you can turn off those emails in the settings as well
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-05-13 09:52 AM
    Green....love that colour.

Posted via CB10
    q649 likes this.
    06-05-13 10:01 AM
    30 million cars run on QNX, can BB count those as subscribers?

BlackBerry QNX in-car system makes good on software push | FP Tech Desk | Financial Post
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-05-13 10:03 AM

BlackBerry QNX in-car system makes good on software push | FP Tech Desk | Financial Post
    This is the quote which solidifies QNX's importance in the automobile market:

"While most viruses are coded to give access to a device or steal personal information, there is no reason they couldn’t be written to override automotive safety features."
    06-05-13 10:07 AM
    How about some more pictures anyone?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-june-5-2013-chart.jpg

Looks like we are testing the pennant formation like no other time in history. We have developed a well defined channel heading for the exit to the downside and we are now trying to complete that channel. There have been several attempts to breakout of this channel but so far, it is following the 5-dma to the pennant support line.

Here is more detail:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-june-5a-2013-chart.jpg

Using the Bollinger Bands to find support for todays low, we have put in the low already, we have tried to breakout of the 5-dma today at $ 13.84/shr and failed, and, we are back at support. The four circles represent past sell-offs and the resulting formation you get when you bottom out. Ours looks like it is not quite ready to complete a bottom here but at any time, we could come flying out of this channel. RSI (14) is 36 which is moderately bullish and we are touching the BB's and bouncing off them like a typical trading pattern. Note all of the attempts to break above the 5-dma with each of them failing. Again, for traders, if you witnessed the stock close below the 5-dma on May 14th, you would have sold your position and waited for the stock to regain the 5-dma again. This simple trading indicator would have you safe and in cash until the trend changes to a positive one again. We are very close to seeing this change in trend, but we need a strong enough rally to regain and hold the 5-dma .... AND HOLD IT. Watch for it this time.
    06-05-13 10:08 AM

I read the article but still have a question: Is this an aftermarket entertainment system available until auto makers come out with this system pre-installed?
    06-05-13 10:12 AM
    100+ T-Mobile Q10's being delivered today at work.

It's too bad the Q10 wasn't released in the USA during Q1. I almost feel like it was done this way on purpose so the next quarter will have a full Q of Q10 sales.

I'm going to be holding on to these shares until at least the end of the year.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 10:13 AM

Doubtful.

When analysts talk about subscribers, they're mostly talking about people using the old BIS plans that pay BBRY a few bucks a month per sub.

The 30 million cars that run QNX don't really need NOC services at the moment, so I doubt they earn BBRY much.
    06-05-13 10:14 AM
    Only 17 more trading days to earnings release. Must hang in there.
    Bugmapper, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-05-13 10:14 AM
    The DOW is really sliding today. Bad private sector news and the possibility of the END of QE! (I hope so)

Then again BBRY ignores the DOW most of the time.
    06-05-13 10:15 AM
    Faucette is at it again...BNN just had a segment on his "report". In a nut shell he is playing with numbers and using the worst of the Z launch lies and saying the Q does not meet even those. He threw in the "not selling what they are shipping" line too.

Of course all of his reasoning contradicts the SA and reorganization they just went through but hey...whatever works for ya.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 10:19 AM
    Faucette is at it again...BNN just had a segment on his "report". In a nut shell he is playing with numbers and using the worst of the Z launch lies and saying the Q does not meet even those. He threw in the "not selling what they are shipping" line too.

Of course all of his reasoning contradicts the SA and reorganization they just went through but hey...whatever works for ya.

Posted via CB10
    I think it is a little early to judge the Q's sales.

We all knew there would be negative news and there will be even more!
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-05-13 10:23 AM
    Only 17 more trading days to earnings release. Must hang in there.
    Yep, kind of hard to stay on topic all the time when there's not a lot going on out there. I'm waiting on some surprise news that will at least thump the shorts upside the head.
    06-05-13 10:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    He gets the call to break resistance to the down side! With his record it's hard believing the media give him the time of day.... wait I take that back!

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 10:27 AM
113,251 ... 11931194119511961197 ...