View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    BlackBerry Demonstrates New Mobile Computing Service for Automakers

The development of OTA services is part of BlackBerry's broader mobile computing strategy. BlackBerry is providing the foundation for a new era of mobile computing by connecting mobile end points securely and creating opportunities for community building, connecting and sharing. More details about the BlackBerry's OTA solutions will made available in the coming months. For more information, please visit Software Update Management for Automotive - Wireless software update & management service for Automotive manufacturers - Global.
    Interesting that they have a site now pushing M2M, which I don't recall they had before.This definitely goes in line with Thor's vision. Also no mention of QNX which is good in my opinion. One brand, one direction. I wonder if they will be doing any infrastructure updates to the NOC to support these future possibilities.

"Modern vehicles are equipped with sophisticated infotainment systems and dozens of electronic control units (ECUs). Keeping these systems up to date with new or enhanced software functionality is critical, but must be achieved in a way that is economical for the automaker and seamless to the end user.

The BlackBerry solution provides automakers with a secure, robust and highly efficient platform for performing these "Over-the-air" (OTA) updates that is independent of network type, hardware, OS, software, and applications.

By leveraging BlackBerry’s proven global data infrastructure, this solution is highly scalable to support millions of vehicles and removes the complexity and overhead of automotive manufacturers having to build out and maintain their own internal OTA infrastructure."
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-05-13 05:19 AM
    Interesting that they have a site now pushing M2M, which I don't recall they had before.This definitely goes in line with Thor's vision. Also no mention of QNX which is good in my opinion. One brand, one direction. I wonder if they will be doing any infrastructure updates to the NOC to support these future possibilities.

"Modern vehicles are equipped with sophisticated infotainment systems and dozens of electronic control units (ECUs). Keeping these systems up to date with new or enhanced software functionality is critical, but must be achieved in a way that is economical for the automaker and seamless to the end user.

The BlackBerry solution provides automakers with a secure, robust and highly efficient platform for performing these "Over-the-air" (OTA) updates that is independent of network type, hardware, OS, software, and applications.

By leveraging BlackBerry’s proven global data infrastructure, this solution is highly scalable to support millions of vehicles and removes the complexity and overhead of automotive manufacturers having to build out and maintain their own internal OTA infrastructure."

More licensing fees ahead... $$$
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-05-13 05:22 AM
    06-05-13 05:44 AM
    Hi...we had retrievers in the past (many moons ago) and are considering another....stupid question but, how do you like the Chesapeake?
    Awesome dog. You have to watch as some can be aggressive, but ours is fierce in the field but a big baby around the house and with the kids. A very cool dog. He is getting old now and I am really going to miss him when his time comes. If you have ever seen one, they are a little larger than a lab and have a wavy coat. I've had labs all my life and they are great too. I'd get another Chessie, but I am really worried no other dog will ever be as great as this one.

http://www.brushwaters.com/Timber%20field.jpg
    06-05-13 05:50 AM
    One thing I have noticed is that AT&T is giving the Q10 a more prominent advertising position at their wireless site where you had to hunt for the Z10 when it was first available!

It is only pre-order but at least AT&T customers will get their Q soon!
    06-05-13 05:57 AM
    Next up, Q5!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-05-13 06:01 AM
    Premarkets should pick up in a half an hour or so.
    06-05-13 06:32 AM
    So, completely on topic. Have an old Ithica SG and a million geese and ducks around, just makes sense to get a bird dog/friend.
    Let's also ignore those that are trying to thread jack the thread

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 06:40 AM
    Premarkets should pick up in a half an hour or so.
    You are right and volume is VERY low.
    06-05-13 06:57 AM
    I thought you were going to ignore PM? It's had no baring on the open market price for quite a while.

Posted via CB10
    tygros likes this.
    06-05-13 07:01 AM
    I always wanted a short haired pointer but the wife don't like dogs. I may have to trade her in soon. Lol
    Trade in the wife. Keep the dog.

My man knows....my dogs are there and will always be there....he is welcome to live with us someday, but the dogs will never be gone. When my current dogs leave me there will be others to follow their footsteps.
    06-05-13 07:01 AM
    You are right and volume is VERY low.
    Yes. I find that the volume in premarkets is the only accurate indicator for the day.
    06-05-13 07:08 AM
    Only the volume does. Looks like another slow day.
    06-05-13 07:10 AM
    Let's also ignore those that are trying to thread jack the thread

Posted via CB10
    Dog talk is always on topic in my book.
    lcjr and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-05-13 07:25 AM
    Q&A: BlackBerry Seeks to Reclaim India Market Share - Canada Real Time

(The following was first posted on WSJ?s Digits blog.)

By R. Jai Krishna

India is one of the world?s fastest-growing smartphone markets and Canada?s BlackBerryis gearing up to regain its lost market share. The Wall Street Journal spoke with BlackBerry India?s Managing Director Sunil Lalvani ahead of the local launch of the BlackBerry Q10. Edited excerpts:

Q: Blackberry in India has been losing market share in the past few years. What in your view are the reasons for this?

Mr. Lalvani: Two reasons: If you look at the last one year, Blackberry as a company throughout last year was in a state of transition. Today, we have launched the BB10 as a platform, we have launched the flagship product which is the Z10 in India, and Q10 has been launched in some markets already and very well received. Q5 is coming up. Now we are [at] the stage of execution.

Q: How significant is India in your global portfolio?

Mr. Lalvani: India is in the top tier countries worldwide. India is in the top three rung of the countries for the consumer and corporate services. If you look at the overall mobile user base in India which is about 650 million active users, only about 12% of them use smartphones. The headroom to grow from that 12% up is a lot, it?s tremendous. For Q10 also India is on the priority list for being in the top tier country.

Q: What is the strategy with the Z10 and Q10? What about the Q5 launch this year?

Mr. Lalvani: We are getting Z10 and Q10 across the markets; we have about 5000 retail outlet presence in India today, which gives you coverage in about 250 cities and towns. We are targeting the key cities to get the Z10 and Q10 launched in these locations.

There is no Blackberry Internet Service plan, Blackberry Enterprise Service subscription plan, which we have had in the past; we have just simplified the structure of the data plan itself.

Q5 is a perfect product targeted at the India market. We haven?t the price yet but the fact of the matter is Q5 gives you the feature of BB10 as a platform, at a more affordable price point compared to Z10 because it is targeted at the youth segment, comes in vibrant colors; it has all the social networking features built into it. Next one is Q10 and then it will be Q5 after that ? within the next three months.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 07:25 AM
    Dog talk is always on topic in my book.
    Please do not "dis" the cats!
    They have feelings, too!
    06-05-13 07:29 AM
    Please do not "dis" the cats!
    They have feelings, too!
    Yes.... such as disdain and contempt. lol
    06-05-13 07:38 AM
    https://t.co/gOzow4F0YL
    Frank Boulben interview!

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 07:45 AM
    That was pretty dull...I was hoping to hear something new.
    06-05-13 07:52 AM
    Climbing? Staying the same? Dipping further?
    06-05-13 07:55 AM
    And we are up on win phone in france as well with decent market share

1 smartphone sur 2 utilis� en France tourne sous Android
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-05-13 07:56 AM
    Climbing? Staying the same? Dipping further?
    ssshhhhhhhh....... haha
    06-05-13 07:56 AM
    And we are up on win phone in france as well with decent market share

1 smartphone sur 2 utilis� en France tourne sous Android
    I like the first sentence using Google Translate (into English):

"44.4% of the elderly aged 11 and more French people have a smartphone. "

I guess that life expectancy in France isn't what it used to be.

On topic to prevent banning: I suspect we'll bounce around $13.60 today without a big move in either direction at close.
    06-05-13 08:05 AM
    06-05-13 08:06 AM
    Small win here

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - June 5, 2013) - BlackBerry� (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) today announced that international law firm Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP has chosen to deploy 500 BlackBerry� 10 devices and BlackBerry� Enterprise Service 10 to its employees.
    Akin Gump is a leading international law firm, with offices in the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Security and reliability matters and Akin Gump trusts BlackBerry with its information and its ability to help them get things done and have made the decision to test and deploy BlackBerry 10.
    "We are excited to be moving forward with the new BlackBerry 10 platform. It is important to us that we provide our employees with powerful tools when working remotely, and the new BlackBerry platform, with its ease-of-use, and robust security is a major step forward and a significant part of that strategy," said Scott Bravi, Chief Information Officer for Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP.
    "We are thrilled to announce that Akin Gump is deploying BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10, recognizing the valuable security proposition the BlackBerry platform provides," said Richard Piasentin, Vice President and Managing Director for the U.S. at BlackBerry. "BlackBerry knows enterprise and offers innovative solutions to help them to maintain security and respond to current trends - BlackBerry Balance - creates a seamless way to satisfy both user and customer needs without compromising either."
    BlackBerry 10 is a reliable platform that is smooth and responsive. It has a modern design and a gesture-based interface that is highly discoverable. It is designed to support, learn, and adapt to the way you work. BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 builds on more than a decade of the BlackBerry enterprise mobility management expertise. It offers mobile device management, mobile application management and secure mobile connectivity, and delivers a cost-efficient and reliable solution for business and government customers.
    06-05-13 08:07 AM
113,256 ... 11901191119211931194 ...