View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    06-04-13 02:13 PM
    Well thank goodness you aren't here to short BBRY all day! What's confusing me is that you started the day off by stating that BBRY, "could go to the low $ 12.00's today". That's a perceived loss of $ 10,000 that you have accepted for this particular day. Normally, investors and longer term holders don't care about daily fluctuations in their portfolio. So I'm wondering why you haven't sold any of those shares given that you feel so strongly that BBRY is going down hard in the short-term, and, you are watching it so closely?

CM-1 - Is positioning himself for the next few weeks, trying to time the market as it were, he is likely to make use of technical indicators to help him make decisions in that light (there is no other input available to him). You appear to be watching this play as close as he does and yet you don't follow your own advice. Help me out here!
    I'm greedy. I admit it.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-04-13 02:14 PM
    Well thank goodness you aren't here to short BBRY all day! What's confusing me is that you started the day off by stating that BBRY, "could go to the low $ 12.00's today". That's a perceived loss of $ 10,000 that you have accepted for this particular day. Normally, investors and longer term holders don't care about daily fluctuations in their portfolio. So I'm wondering why you haven't sold any of those shares given that you feel so strongly that BBRY is going down hard in the short-term, and, you are watching it so closely?

CM-1 - Is positioning himself for the next few weeks, trying to time the market as it were, he is likely to make use of technical indicators to help him make decisions in that light (there is no other input available to him). You appear to be watching this play as close as he does and yet you don't follow your own advice. Help me out here!
    I was facing reality with the $12 today, it just as well could have gone there first thing this morning. I was not the only one who thought so.

I have, in the past, made a lot of money shorting BBRY, I simply got caught with my last purchase a bit higher than what it is selling now and it is forcing me to "go long" or longer that I want. I am still well ahead but do not like giving up any ground. Please forgive my "intensity" but at 6500 shares . . . . . I never "accept" that I am going to lose $10,000 and feel that BBRY will crawl its way back to were I can sell at a profit. BBRY is so volatile it can and HAS reacted without any prediction from a chart or even the eight ball!

Everyone is so excited about the ER, but all must remember that the ER can also trash the stock! TH scares me as some of his past comments have been less than "helpful".
    lcjr and Charles Martin1 like this.
    06-04-13 02:15 PM
    HOLY..CHIT...IN YOUR FACE....WHOOHOOO...lol

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 02:17 PM
    I'm greedy. I admit it.
    There is nothing wrong with greed. Getting ahead is how I got where I am today. I am not ashamed of what I have earned, I worked hard for it and no one gave me a thing! I had over 50 employees and am down to 31 but now looking for a few new people. Glad to have survived this recession, just wish the government would get out of my way!!!

I have no problem with people disliking me because I short BBRY, I understand fully that I am among the biggest fan club on earth!
    06-04-13 02:21 PM
    That's good news for sure. It would be really good to have something a little stronger though. Perhaps something soon about the Q10 sales will reinforce this.
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    06-04-13 02:21 PM
    used today as an opportunity to buy in. I think anything near $14 is a good price regardless.

My average now is ~$15.90... so I'm ok with that...

bring out the rainbows, unicorns and smash that cowbell... I've got some ground to make up.
    06-04-13 02:22 PM
    used today as an opportunity to buy in. I think anything near $14 is a good price regardless.

My average now is ~$15.90... so I'm ok with that...

bring out the rainbows, unicorns and smash that cowbell... I've got some ground to make up.
    Bringing down that average is great. Going to be a ride up next week!!
    06-04-13 02:24 PM
    That hurt my brain. The shorts are now writing long articles.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 02:25 PM
    Bbry still in a healthy third place where it counts. Still bleeding a bit but the Q10 should fully reverse the downward trend imho.

StreetInsider.com - Apple (AAPL) iOS Cuts Android (GOOG) Lead in U.S. Smartphone Market Share During April
    06-04-13 02:28 PM
    I was facing reality with the $12 today, it just as well could have gone there first thing this morning. I was not the only one who thought so.

I have, in the past, made a lot of money shorting BBRY, I simply got caught with my last purchase a bit higher than what it is selling now and it is forcing me to "go long" or longer that I want. I am still well ahead but do not like giving up any ground. Please forgive my "intensity" but at 6500 shares . . . . . I never "accept" that I am going to lose $10,000 and feel that BBRY will crawl its way back to were I can sell at a profit. BBRY is so volatile it can and HAS reacted without any prediction from a chart or even the eight ball!

Everyone is so excited about the ER, but all must remember that the ER can also trash the stock! TH scares me as some of his past comments have been less than "helpful".
    Fair enough, you probably aren't able to justify averaging down at this point and I can support that. BlackBerry has been one of the most difficult stocks to call because of the ongoing build up in the short position. If it were to have a normal short position ratio today, the TA on this trade would be textbook. Heins does have a great opportunity to announce something meaningful in the next few weeks, if he doesn't, it's his own fault. What makes this ER so compiling is the fact that we may finally have some "short" pounding data to use against them. But everyone needs to know that they play with billions and can compress the P/E of a stock the size of BlackBerry to 3.

For now, I'm watching all of my other stocks rally hard into the close and this one is still flat lining. It's up to Heins where the stock goes next! GL
    06-04-13 02:29 PM
    You know Comscore numbers will probably be released today, and will probably not be good.
    According to the latest data from comScore (Nasdaq: SCOR), BlackBerry (Nasdaq: BBRY) might be selling as many smartphones as some have speculated.

StreetInsider.com - BlackBerry (BBRY) BB10 U.S. Sales May Be Picking Up...

The $12s are coming. It's going to fack up the trend lines but it's going to make one hell of a falling wedge.
    Bbry still in a healthy third place where it counts. Still bleeding a bit but the Q10 should fully reverse the downward trend imho.

StreetInsider.com - Apple (AAPL) iOS Cuts Android (GOOG) Lead in U.S. Smartphone Market Share During April
    Yup, near double Windows Phone, which is the important thing.
    06-04-13 02:33 PM
    I think there'll always be the 'glass is half empty/half full' on this thread.
    I'm a half full kinda gal while my darling husband's first inclination is to say half empty.
    I'm whittling away at converting him over the years lol.
    There's no way I want to chance the self-fufilling prophesy thing and
    for that reason I try to keep my positive on about the SP. I'm not anti-realism
    but the time for that is when contemplating strategy. kwim
    Anywho...philosophical musings done....carry on.
    06-04-13 02:35 PM
    According to the latest data from comScore (Nasdaq: SCOR), BlackBerry (Nasdaq: BBRY) might be selling as many smartphones as some have speculated.

StreetInsider.com - BlackBerry (BBRY) BB10 U.S. Sales May Be Picking Up...
    Month Share Users
    March: 5.2% 7.11m
    April: 5.1% 7.06m

The decline almost stopped.
    06-04-13 02:36 PM
    Twenty minutes for the Com Score numbers to sink in...come on baby.

Posted via CB10
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    06-04-13 02:40 PM
    Twenty minutes for the Com Score numbers to sink in...come on baby.

Posted via CB10
    At least the market will be closed!
    06-04-13 02:45 PM
    It seems that this stock is being held down for a second strike. I believe that they want the $13 to break because of the stops that are certain to be placed there. I hate stops on a stock like this.
    06-04-13 02:48 PM
    Actually between January and April BB lost 600,000 users, despite the introduction of the BB Z10.
    06-04-13 02:48 PM
    Some kind of weird volume spike there but the price didn't really move. I'm hoping it was some thwarted attempt at a late day slide.
    06-04-13 02:49 PM
    Actually between January and April BB lost 600,000 users, despite the introduction of the BB Z10.
    And this thread has booted almost as many trolls......
    06-04-13 02:50 PM
    Fair enough, you probably aren't able to justify averaging down at this point and I can support that. BlackBerry has been one of the most difficult stocks to call because of the ongoing build up in the short position. If it were to have a normal short position ratio today, the TA on this trade would be textbook. Heins does have a great opportunity to announce something meaningful in the next few weeks, if he doesn't, it's his own fault. What makes this ER so compiling is the fact that we may finally have some "short" pounding data to use against them. But everyone needs to know that they play with billions and can compress the P/E of a stock the size of BlackBerry to 3.

For now, I'm watching all of my other stocks rally hard into the close and this one is still flat lining. It's up to Heins where the stock goes next! GL
    I am WAY ahead on my other stocks, but do not know how much longer that is going to happen. Have made some "corrective adjustments" to protect my position but my other stocks have done well.

I have little faith in TH and even if BBRY does climb, the bears will be waiting and hungry!

I blame no one except myself.
    Charles Martin1 and Bugmapper like this.
    06-04-13 02:50 PM
    The $12s are coming. It's going to fack up the trend lines but it's going to make one hell of a falling wedge.
    No, we can’t allow that. lol. This thread can't take the 12s and you know it. There will be mayhem, mutiny, atrocities, and lack of smiley faces should we sink that low.
    06-04-13 02:51 PM
    Are you trying to make us more depressed?
    06-04-13 02:51 PM
113,256 ... 11831184118511861187 ...