View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Why is a partnership with Lenovo a security issue hot button? Is it just a perception issue because I think allowing Android phones access to BBM and the NOC a greater potential security issue!
    True, and we will have to wait and see.

As we all wondered in the past few weeks why BB was so quiet about any of the negative news written by these so call analysts. Also remember the a few a months ago a senior Lenovo official said they would serious look into BB, and the number of rumours floating around.

I have my opinions on all these analysts giving negative news to drive stock down. I am going see why in the next few days. Just my thoughts anyways.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-04-13 01:32 AM
    Why is a partnership with Lenovo a security issue hot button? Is it just a perception issue because I think allowing Android phones access to BBM and the NOC a greater potential security issue!
    I agree, but that's just how it is. When the Lenovo rumors surfaced earlier in the year this was the first thing that was mentioned. People hear Chinese tech company and they immediately think they're going to be installing back doors and hacking stuff on their products lol.

This would only be relevant if Lenovo was looking to buy BBRY outright though. If they are just looking to license the BBOS, their phones would only be released in the Asia markets.

I too think the Chinese hacking thing is blown out of proportion bc lots of Gov't organizations use Lenovo laptops/pc's. Thinkpads are very popular business laptops and Lenovo makes those.
    06-04-13 01:51 AM
    The Levono stuff (the gift that keeps giving) might get us above $14 tomorrow with q10 release to mid to high $14 the next day until the usual suspects pull a raid on Thursday/Friday. My thoughts. Chart is in my head.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    m0de25 and BlackistheBerry like this.
    06-04-13 02:14 AM
    I've been thinking about this too. And my conclusion was "well, maybe they won't go BIS/NOC for non BB devices (if no BES)". Just a 100% speculative thought, but with HTML5 websockets they might choose to handle the handshake differently. As a security/network noob, I believe this might be a very cost efficient way to handle that, without "wolf into the sheepfold".
    Moreover, this could also introduce cross-app opening ...
    Well, I must have dreamed or something ... lol
    06-04-13 02:26 AM
    I too think the Chinese hacking thing is blown out of proportion bc lots of Gov't organizations use Lenovo laptops/pc's. Thinkpads are very popular business laptops and Lenovo makes those.
    Unfortunately, definitively not. They are clearly world's #1 hacktivists ... but that may paradoxically be the point.
    (and Laptops don't handle the security on a "hardware basis", while BBs do.)

! BUT !
    Chinese are very business AND security aware. They won't allow anyone (incl. Chinese "gangs") to jeopardize one new advantage that could let them lead the "secure mobile computing" market. Guess what; I believe they could even add a new stack to the BB high grade security ... the one BB themselves won't be able to hack.
    Always think two-ways when dealing with security ...
    06-04-13 02:31 AM
    Sony Sigma - Bert Nordberg - BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    06-04-13 03:29 AM
    Unfortunately, definitively not. They are clearly world's #1 hacktivists ... but that may paradoxically be the point.
    (and Laptops don't handle the security on a "hardware basis", while BBs do.)

! BUT !
    Chinese are very business AND security aware. They won't allow anyone (incl. Chinese "gangs") to jeopardize one new advantage that could let them lead the "secure mobile computing" market. Guess what; I believe they could even add a new stack to the BB high grade security ... the one BB themselves won't be able to hack.
    Always think two-ways when dealing with security ...
    My entire company uses Lenovo laptops in the field. We have nothing to hide from the Chinese but I have always wondered how easy it would be for Lenovo to hide a program or even a circuit dedicated to compromising anything on the device. Looks to me that it would be VERY easy to accomplish when you make the circuit board and parts on them, not to mention do all the code in programming.

If Lenovo were to take over Blackberry and it's servers, it would be hard to think of the platform as having any security. Knowing our government they would still embrace them!
    Bugmapper likes this.
    06-04-13 04:04 AM
    My entire company uses Lenovo laptops in the field. We have nothing to hide from the Chinese but I have always wondered how easy it would be for Lenovo to hide a program or even a circuit dedicated to compromising anything on the device. Looks to me that it would be VERY easy to accomplish when you make the circuit board and parts on them, not to mention do all the code in programming.

If Lenovo were to take over Blackberry and it's servers, it would be hard to think of the platform as having any security. Knowing our government they would still embrace them!
    I'd be more worried about the NOC being compromised than devices ...
    06-04-13 04:13 AM
    I'd be more worried about the NOC being compromised than devices ...
    From what it sounds like, NOC has little left to hide from the Chinese.

We need to get back to encryption for the stuff that is really important. The problem is that a large concern like our government and companies like NOC need so many to be able to access the docs and files they can't keep the encryption key safe and you end up in the same place you were before.
    06-04-13 05:19 AM
    As we all wondered in the past few weeks why BB was so quiet about any of the negative news written by these so call analysts. .
    We all got to wonder why we are getting no comments from Blackberry and Thor. It leads many to think the news is not good or at the least not stellar which is what BBRY will need to become relevant.
    06-04-13 05:26 AM
    I don't think TH could say anything that would make a difference. No matter what he says others will debunk it...say he should have added something else etc.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and jrwb6e like this.
    06-04-13 05:42 AM
    What a testing day that was!

When I look at any chart, I want to know why price reacted at a specific price level. It might be a pattern, a big round number, a fibonnaci retracement or indicators for example.

The chart below shows the daily 200 EMA acting as support for the price no less than 5 times since January. A lot of investors use the simple MA but a growing number now use the EMA (exponential) because it applies more weight to recent prices. Clearly there are a lot of market players using the 200 EMA on their charts tracking BBRY.

Attachment 168211

There is a tail slicing through the 200 EMA from yesterday with the price closing above the 200 EMA support. I had hoped the closing price yesterday would be higher in the 13.70s as that would have been quite a bullish signal. As it is, price has found support here and as much I love to see a rally to the upside today, I think there is going to be a consolidation period first before any rally takes place. From a technical point of view, I don't want to see the price drop below 13.10 from 19 April because so far, we are seeing higher lows since October and I'd like that to remain intact.

Every which way you look, the BBRY stock is oversold and the Bollinger Bands is at extreme levels, meaning that the probability is quite high for a turnaround in the stock price.

Something tells me that the bears have been driving down the price now well before the 28 June because the numbers could surprise to the upside otherwise wouldn't you wait for the facts to bear (no pun intended!) out your instincts on the stock?

Good luck everyone!
    06-04-13 05:51 AM
    I don't think TH could say anything that would make a difference. No matter what he says others will debunk it...say he should have added something else etc.

Posted via CB10
    While I agree, "silence" is a killer!

Most will see "no news" as bad news.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    06-04-13 05:59 AM
    Not that it makes a difference at the end fo the day but looks like BBRY will be starting GREEN
    06-04-13 06:03 AM
    Well.. is today the day we bust out? Will TH show up on Bloomsburg with Levonos CEO today? One thing is for sure...stock price has to move somewhere in the next couple days as all the indicators are screaming lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 06:11 AM

He did seem very confident in recent interviews and he also stated he expected sell the Q10 in the tens of millions. I'm sure he's not talking through his arse either. I'm sure that the fortune 500 companies have all out in their PO's and that he has a pretty good idea on his numbers. That?s the hope anyways

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    06-04-13 06:14 AM

With this stock it ALWAYS is. I'm hoping that we get some good news today.
    06-04-13 06:18 AM
    Likely very low volume again today, only a single trade in premarkets and if anything that is a pretty good indicator for the daily volume. Of course, barring any news.
    06-04-13 06:22 AM
    Good Luck to us ALL!
    cjcampbell and Bugmapper like this.
    06-04-13 06:25 AM
    Good Luck to us ALL!
    Yes. Good luck.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    06-04-13 06:33 AM
    So was it ever confirmed that Thor was speaking today?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 06:38 AM
    The chart for today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-june-4-2013-chart.jpg

I wanted the stock to hold the $ 13.58 to $ 13.60/shr area and we just did. I hoped we would rally above the $ 13.70/shr mark and it wasn't even close yesterday. So today, we need to pop above that mark and hold it to the close. We are grossly oversold and sitting on support so we could suddenly start a rally here.

The news over night was deceptive, Lenovo isn't going after a $ 100 million NEC deal here:

"It has sold off a mobile retail and services unit, which was profitable, for $800 million, but analysts see the mobile phone business, with shrinking sales and a market share now less than 5 percent in Japan, as a burden that the company is keen to unload and would be unlikely to fetch more than $100 million."

I gave the deal credit for being worth $ 200 million as it was appraised at only two months ago, it is now no longer worth talking about. So what do they need with $ 1.5 billion and their cash? A piece of BBRY, let's do a deal by purchasing stock in the open market, now wouldn't that be interesting?
    06-04-13 06:57 AM
    Going to plunge today into the $12s. The US release of the Q10 is tomorrow.
    06-04-13 07:01 AM
    We shall see.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 07:04 AM
    If it does go down in the 12s, I fear sell off into the low 12s before the Bulls come back in for what they think is a deal.

We should know shortly after the market opens.
    06-04-13 07:10 AM
113,250 ... 11761177117811791180 ...