View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    My guess is that the appearance was pre-scheduled given the release of the Q10 in the US. I'd love him to go on the there though, say we made money biatches and end the interview.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 07:10 PM
    My guess is that the appearance was pre-scheduled given the release of the Q10 in the US. I'd love him to go on the there though, say we made money biatches and end the interview.

Posted via CB10
    LOL....yes indeed.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-03-13 07:18 PM
    If I were the CEO I would do exactly what Thor is doing ... Why give analist any reason to raise the earning estimate ? We all know he want's them to jump out a window on the 28th.... And a large surprise is the ticket ! 8 million units with strong guidance would be the ticket for the shwhorets using there own money but another quarter , it will take , for the hedge managers . Hang on gang ! ...
    06-03-13 07:18 PM
    Can we agree to disagree and move on? I don't deal well with absolutes, even for arguments sake.

I'm really not trying to be argumentative, just wanted to convey that there is no quick answer (yes or no) because this is a very grey area. Investopedia explains it much more succinctly than I have the patience to do.

Why Do Companies Care About Their Stock Prices?
    not really, BB cannot get involved with buyers and sellers of the stock, also the shorts will be shorts with all the ugliness that comes with it regardless what BB says and BB can simply not get involved with shorts for the purpose to influence the stock price. the shorts are the only ones responsible for their actions, why blame BB for that?
    06-03-13 07:24 PM
    not really, BB cannot get involved with buyers and sellers of the stock, also the shorts will be shorts with all the ugliness that comes with it regardless what BB says and BB can simply not get involved with shorts for the purpose to influence the stock price. the shorts are the only ones responsible for their actions, why blame BB for that?
    Never mind. I can see that we aren't talking about the same thing.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    06-03-13 07:29 PM
    A lovely read...

Lies my analyst told me - BlackBerry - BB

"It just happened again here on Friday. A coordinated attack made up of lies being told by a select group of analysts. It is a problem for long investors in Blackberry stock. Once you are convinced that this is really happening it is very easy to spot it and very easy to develop a strategy that makes it ineffective, simply hold on to your shares. Make sure that those holding the open short interest have to come to the Ask to get the shares they need. If you see a report by Canaccord Genuity, Pacific Crest, Detwiler Fenton, Wedge, Credit Suisse, Deutschebank or ITG it isn't actually a researched report. It is agenda driven propaganda designed to deceive investors. It is not based upon any real research, it is simply a lie designed to try and make you sell your shares."
    bungaboy, lcjr, kfh227 and 7 others like this.
    06-03-13 07:37 PM
    The best part of the article:

Furthermore, Deutsche Bank used a dubious methodology for assessing U.K. demand for the Q10 by calling some carriers (including one that had not started selling the phone!) and not others.
    06-03-13 07:59 PM
    The best part of the article:
    Wait,.didn't the Deutsch Bank order Bbs for their employees or was that another German bank?
    06-03-13 08:17 PM
    If I were the CEO I would do exactly what Thor is doing ... Why give analist any reason to raise the earning estimate ? We all know he want's them to jump out a window on the 28th.... And a large surprise is the ticket ! 8 million units with strong guidance would be the ticket for the shwhorets using there own money but another quarter , it will take , for the hedge managers . Hang on gang ! ...
    It would be great news, but very risky for all us longs. With so many shorts and negative analysts, we would need some awesome numbers to get out this . I like say I am positive but how many red days have there been? Since after BB live there has only only been a few days.

I wonder if BB ER isnt mind blowing how many longs will be short?

LONG live BB . Going back to drink now, I am hoping to forget this day :-)
    06-03-13 08:51 PM
    Verizon/Z10 ad was just on during the Bruins/Penns 2nd intermission. Only caught the end so not sure if it was dedicated to it.
    06-03-13 08:57 PM
    I just want to get this out. I see BBRY selling 2+ million units per month right now. I think 6+ million for the quarter makes sense. 9 million makes no sense. Thing is, I don't know how these 8+ million numbers make any sense. My best guess is 6.75 million bb10 units shipped.
    plane6065 likes this.
    06-03-13 09:33 PM
    06-03-13 09:43 PM
    If its not one thing it's another.....

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    06-03-13 09:57 PM
    Meh...if they werent worried they wouldn't be writing.

I for one will buy their next tablet with BB10...best browser in mobile.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, CDM76, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    06-03-13 09:59 PM
    3 devices to go.

4) Aristo
    5) Full screen slider

6) ....... Playbook that uses the Z10 as a master in a master/slave relationship. The terms throw me. This is going to be a new category.

Wait ...... 6 ..... Could this be a dumb client tied to ...... BBM? If so, it owuld work with iOS and Android devices. GENIOUS!
    06-03-13 10:00 PM
    If its not one thing it's another.....

Posted via CB10
    Double dang. We need Lenovo/IBM rumour or a Carl Icahn ( or as I say ICAN) sooner than later. With no sales update for the Q10 from UK/CDN yet, I don't know what can fuel this .

The more it goes down, the more trolls there are for us long to defend BB. Where is The company's defense ? I know BB fired their PR firm, but you think they have a plan to protect themselves from all these attacks, and not say a thing.

Sorry to sound negative, but after reading stock twitter for most of the day , I see the bulls trying hard to defend against the bears. At the same time seeing their investment going down deeper.
    Shanerredflag and CDM76 like this.
    06-03-13 10:12 PM
    Meh...if they werent worried they wouldn't be writing.

I for one will buy their next tablet with BB10...best browser in mobile.

Posted via CB10
    I'm ready for a better tablet too. I'm really hoping they bring one out. The questions still remaining would be price and specs. It had better be able to hook up to an external drive too.
    Shanerredflag and plane6065 like this.
    06-03-13 10:15 PM
    3 devices to go.

4) Aristo
    5) Full screen slider

6) ....... Playbook that uses the Z10 as a master in a master/slave relationship. The terms throw me. This is going to be a new category.

Wait ...... 6 ..... Could this be a dumb client tied to ...... BBM? If so, it owuld work with iOS and Android devices. GENIOUS!
    No way to use with a Q10?? Haha. I'll be happy to get my hands on a Q10 and a new tablet this year.
    plane6065 likes this.
    06-03-13 10:18 PM
    random thought. Alcohol always does this to me. BBRY has a M2M based vision. We should be able to connect to everything. Thermostats, cars, tablets, etc ..... Thing is, how do you monetize this? can't do open source because anyone can win. But you can go cross platform whcih is the reasoning behind open technologies (such as open source technology). And open standards bodies like IEEE are becoming less and less relevant as tech evolves faster and faster. Is this a long term BBM goal? BBM is going on all sorts of devices this summer. Imagine if you had a BBM compliant thermostat and vehicle? Oh man ..... I don't see the business model but it has to be there. Could be as simple as thermostat makers and car manufacturers have to pay a licensing fee. But to the end consumer it is "free". Even if BBRY smartphones die off, BB10 lives!
    lcjr, morganplus8, zyben and 5 others like this.
    06-03-13 10:32 PM
    The higher numbers include bb7 devices. So my guess would be 6 mill bb10 and 3-4 mill bb7

I just want to get this out. I see BBRY selling 2+ million units per month right now. I think 6+ million for the quarter makes sense. 9 million makes no sense. Thing is, I don't know how these 8+ million numbers make any sense. My best guess is 6.75 million bb10 units shipped.
    jxnb and Scott Lefebvre like this.
    06-03-13 10:37 PM
    How would BBM and the thermostat work together?
    06-03-13 10:37 PM

Double dang. We need Lenovo/IBM rumour or a Carl Icahn ( or as I say ICAN) sooner than later. With no sales update for the Q10 from UK/CDN yet, I don't know what can fuel this .

The more it goes down, the more trolls there are for us long to defend BB. Where is The company's defense ? I know BB fired their PR firm, but you think they have a plan to protect themselves from all these attacks, and not say a thing.

Sorry to sound negative, but after reading stock twitter for most of the day , I see the bulls trying hard to defend against the bears. At the same time seeing their investment going down deeper.
    Went to the black hole called yahoo Finance. The Lenove rumor mill is on fire. Apparently they are after a partnership. . Eithr MSFT or BBRY. I think BBRY makes no sense.
    plane6065 likes this.
    06-03-13 10:52 PM
    I've been thinking about grand visions more lately. keep in mind that BBM would require new functionality. But look at how Link on your laptop on OS 10.1 can make you laptop in the USA available to a smartphone in Japan.

A BBM compliant thermostat would have some sort of BBM/link functionality built in. with this, you could see your networked thermostat anywhere in the world. You;'d know your homes temperature. And be able to adjust the thermostat from anywhere in the world.

In terms of System design. You have a laptop and Z10 linked via common secure server that registers the devices. I assume this is how link is working with your Z10 when you connect via 4GLTE. Well, let the thermostat register with the same secure server letting the owner see the thermostat in a "virtual" manner. Use BBM as some sort of backbone to the system. as long as it is BBM, we it can go cross platform. But you still monetize via licensing fees to thermostat makers.

Thermostats are just an easy example. now think, TV, stove, fridge, electronic door locks, etc. Imagine forgetting to lock the doors and being able to lock them remotely. And then you lock yourself out but your phones can unlock the doors remotely and securely.

This gets to be an interesting vision.

So, there is the how the tech works and the monetization model.

But it also seems like BBRY is walking on a tight rope. One slip up in the plan could cause a death fall. First you need BBM buy in. then you need to license BB10/BBM. Then you need consumers to buy in. And this is just 5 minutes into the thought process. I couldn't imagine what a top level plan/schedule looks like.
    Tinomane, plane6065, zyben and 2 others like this.
    06-03-13 11:01 PM
    The BBM protocol can act as the application layer of the communication stack. It is already optimized for security integrity reliability and efficiency. All a device would have to do is implement the protocol to communicate to a device while reaping the benefits I mentioned above. Kinda resembles the work I have done with wireless sensor networks which I'm sure BBRY is interested in as they had come around my university asking for people skilled in the tech.

I'm assuming that's how BBM money is using the framework. No need to re implement the wheel.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, zyben and bungaboy like this.
    06-03-13 11:11 PM
    Went to the black hole called yahoo Finance. The Lenove rumor mill is on fire. Apparently they are after a partnership. . Eithr MSFT or BBRY. I think BBRY makes no sense.
    BBRY <3 Sony Sigma

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 11:12 PM
113,256 ... 11741175117611771178 ...