View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    any company has to follow certain guidelines regarding their stock listing of course, that is not what we are talking about, BB can absolutely NEVER get involved with the stock markets daily ups and downs, to try and manage the stock market is absolutely wrong
    Can we agree to disagree and move on? I don't deal well with absolutes, even for arguments sake.

I'm really not trying to be argumentative, just wanted to convey that there is no quick answer (yes or no) because this is a very grey area. Investopedia explains it much more succinctly than I have the patience to do.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/basics/03/020703.asp
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 06-03-13 at 04:48 PM.
    06-03-13 04:30 PM
    ahh, I am of the opinion that your goodwill is misplaced and you may want to contemplate starting your own thread for people that would appreciate receiving stock advice from someone with a bet that BBRY will be dead by July 2014. This is kinda sorta not that thread, as per the title in my opinion of course. I have posted in incorrect forums myself before, and I just like to try to save others from making similar embarrassing mistakes.

Hmm I guess I feel like a super hero but In a nerd dumb way. I just see the irony in people with an agenda who claim the shorts are liars and manipulators but then they condone the actions of the longs who also publish lies to increase share price. Manipulators are manipulators. Regardless of what their position might be. That's why even through all my ramblings I still want the longs to trade on reason not stories. When I started trading I used to get nervous hearing the shorts and i would also fall trap to longs manipulating as they sold. Shorts and longs aren't the issue. It's dishonest people like Misek and detweiller. But now Misek has "seen the light " he's suddenly a hero because now he's a long manipulator.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 04:31 PM
    I am not a spokesperson for bbry because my honesty would mean the sp would tumble. I speak for myself only. I don't have a short agenda. I tell you people to stop whining and keep your shares. After all its you longs who keep pumping a insane sp and then claim you are bbry strong. Sp drops when longs are scared and sell. So don't blame shorts because the longs are shaky. I do side with the shorts because I despise the current ceo. My only incentive is I bet my friend 1000 2 years ago that bbry will be done by July 2014. I don't own a single share nor short bbry at all. If bbry is amazing company and will be worth 40+ then days like today buy every share you can. Or are you worried? In the long run shorts can't win over facts.

Posted via CB10
    So, given the title of the thread, why pray tell are you even here???
    06-03-13 04:33 PM
    Well, we're holding above $13.60 (for now). I'm looking forward to the ER.
    lcjr and rebekahlynnharrison like this.
    06-03-13 04:36 PM
    So, given the title of the thread, why pray tell are you even here???
    I just totally read that with a Christopher Walken accent.
    06-03-13 04:36 PM
    I also was curious as to your view on Misek. What exactly has he said since turning bullish that you have a huge issue with or has been proven wrong? I'm not saying that such statements don't exist, but I am wondering what statements you in particular think have been proved wrong? Has he claimed anything to the magnitude of error like Pac Crest 300k units last quarter (actual was 1 mill)?
    06-03-13 04:37 PM
    I just totally read that with a Christopher Walken accent.

That avatar is effective after all.

I knew my miniature dachshund was too wimpy.
    06-03-13 04:38 PM
    Well, we're holding above $13.60 (for now). I'm looking forward to the ER.
    I've started to close the window after 4. I should also start not looking at PM too as both of these time frames really have no bearing on the trading day when the market is open.
    06-03-13 04:41 PM
    Hmm I guess I feel like a super hero but In a nerd dumb way. I just see the irony in people with an agenda who claim the shorts are liars and manipulators but then they condone the actions of the longs who also publish lies to increase share price. Manipulators are manipulators. Regardless of what their position might be. That's why even through all my ramblings I still want the longs to trade on reason not stories. When I started trading I used to get nervous hearing the shorts and i would also fall trap to longs manipulating as they sold. Shorts and longs aren't the issue. It's dishonest people like Misek and detweiller. But now Misek has "seen the light " he's suddenly a hero because now he's a long manipulator.

Posted via CB10
    They can't both be manipulators. One of them will prove to be right. My money is/was on the former.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-03-13 04:43 PM
    I've started to close the window after 4. I should also start not looking at PM too as both of these time frames really have no bearing on the trading day when the market is open.
    Yeah. I wish I could stop looking at it daily...let alone hourly.
    lcjr, cjcampbell, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    06-03-13 04:44 PM

I miss the dachshund though, as I got used to that since I joined the thread last May. I see a few of us have changed our avatars. Some I hope don't because they still make me laugh when I see them. I can't name them because that may actually be their real picture. hahahaha.
    06-03-13 04:44 PM
    No offense. But not the thread for this discussion. Sorry but just don't want the mod to shut this thread done ( see warning issued on weekend by the forum moderator)

Posted via CB10
    Actually the security of BlackBerry is directly correlated to the SP. If it ever was hacked, we'd take a huge hit. That was the point. Context is everything

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    06-03-13 04:45 PM
    I miss the dachshund though, as I got used to that since I joined the thread last May. I see a few of us have changed our avatars. Some I hope don't because they still make me laugh when I see them. I can't name them because that may actually be their real picture. hahahaha.
    Hahaha haha, yeah I can think of a couple.
    lcjr, cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-03-13 04:50 PM
    - The PB is a single core proc in the US - and running BB10 would be very laggy...

Doesn't mean it can't be done - just has to be lightened to work. And unfortunately, after what Thor said, a new PB would fly in the face of his comments.
    Small point, but the PB processor is not single core.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_PlayBook
    06-03-13 04:51 PM
    They can't both be manipulators. One of them will prove to be right. My money is/was on the former.
    Actually yes they can. It's quite probable both have an agenda. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle.
    06-03-13 04:51 PM
    Actually yes they can. It's quite probable both have an agenda. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle.
    Yes. I have to agree.
    06-03-13 04:53 PM
    I plan to win the lottery so you aren't the only smart investor. I wish you luck. You are lucky because you bought early before the kick so days like today don't mean anything for you.

Posted via CB10
    Lucky? I bought at $8.50 because I followed the BB10 development closely. I liked what was coming. I saw the opportunity to get in while all the sell side analysts still had sell ratings on the stock. I don't follow sell side analysts. They change their tune AFTER the ERs not before. They don't forecast. For the most part - not all. The MS report was done quite well with the original $22 target even with declining subs to 55M through 2015. But most are sheep and follow each other. No balls.

$6.22 would be 'lucky'. I bought on the way up. $8.50. $10.50. $11.75. $14.50 last week.

Long and strong. The ER will be a good one. I'm still projecting $0.80 EPS.
    06-03-13 04:56 PM
    Yeah. I wish I could stop looking at it daily...let alone hourly.
    I actually find it enjoyable to watch. lol. Maybe I'm a masochist on days like today but it is what it is. lmao. I'm now looking to gather a little more cash to find another stock to play with. I don't have a lot so need to pick and choose wisely. This one has been a GREAT learning ground. In part to the huge swings and technical involved but mostly due to you all. I've looked at the daily's of NFLX and TSLA and they are really quite tame stocks aside from the catalytic moments. This one may not have made me the same money in the same period of time, but it has given me a knowledge, and stomach, that is hard to match.
    06-03-13 04:56 PM
    Judging by how you carry yourself I am correct. End of story. Stop personal attacks it makes you look like a bad person.

Posted via CB10
    LOL how I carry myself? You mean how these dips have no effect on my investment decision and keep wish I had more liquidity to increase my position at the moment and bow I am primarily a DGI long term investor? Try again troll. Done with you.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-03-13 04:57 PM
    Small point, but the PB processor is not single core.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_PlayBook
    Apologies - was quoting a forum here on CB - and another cites cache, and another cites 1GHZ being too low.

All this aside, I can confirm that it only has 1GB of RAM as I also stated in same post/or just after...
    q649 likes this.
    06-03-13 04:59 PM

Yeah but he looks sooo "Regal" Love it! He can pass judgement on the naysayers anytime...Grrrrrrrr
    Bugmapper likes this.
    06-03-13 04:59 PM
    I actually find it enjoyable to watch. lol. Maybe I'm a masochist on days like today but it is what it is. lmao. I'm now looking to gather a little more cash to find another stock to play with. I don't have a lot so need to pick and choose wisely. This one has been a GREAT learning ground. In part to the huge swings and technical involved but mostly due to you all. I've looked at the daily's of NFLX and TSLA and they are really quite tame stocks aside from the catalytic moments. This one may not have made me the same money in the same period of time, but it has given me a knowledge, and stomach, that is hard to match.
    PWE and HMY are two stocks that I buy and sell regularly. They have been very rewarding also and both require the same kind of patience.
    bungaboy, cjcampbell, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    06-03-13 05:01 PM
    Amazing, I was thinking this exact same thing on my flight back to Texas. The exact same thing. Let me know what you come up with and I'll share my list of possibilities once I'm done researching.
    06-03-13 05:02 PM
    Couple things:

Playbook
    1) Looking at the Playbook specs, they could probably get BB10 on it no problem. They'd probably have to reduce the number of open apps from 8 to 4 though. maybe even 3 or 2. But if they have to constrain it to 2, there is not much point in pushing out an update that is that cripled.

pre-earnings warning
    2) Wikipeida says that these types of things typcially come 20 days before earnings (June 28). So if they pre-announce anything it will be the end of this week or early next week. It would have to be better or worse than anyone expects though. Analyst projections ar so all-voer the map it is hard to say what range earnigns have to land outside of for them to pre-release.
    06-03-13 05:08 PM
    Yes, the 822 is the model I was talking about, which did pretty good in Verizon. T-Mobile had the L810. The Price of those devices (810, 822 and 8X) has eroded the last months but aren't low end. The L822 is $400 without contract in amazon. Lumia 521 is low end, launched last month.

I went to the financial report to confirm. I found 191 euro ASP for what Nokia calls "Smart Devices". This include Lumia and Symbian, but not the Asha Full Touch. I think the new Asha with the new OS announced last month will be included this quarter.

So, thanks for the corrections but It didn't change that the argument in that article is wrong.
    Yeah, Nokia also breaks down ASP further for the Lumias, which is where I found the 182 Euro number. Symbians oddly had a higher ASP last quarter.

I'd still contend that the 822, 810, and 8X are lower-end for the US market. Sure they're several hundred dollars off-contract, but on-contract the 822 and 8X are in the bottom 25% of smartphone pricing at Verizon, and the 820 is in the bottom 25% at AT&T. If you're looking for a lower-cost smartphone in the US market, those Windows Phones are strong options.
    06-03-13 05:08 PM
113,256 ... 11721173117411751176 ...