Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    More Koolaid needed

Canadian Telecom Summit 2013: Traffic Will Skyrocket

While this will be fueled in part by individual user consumption through services that are growing in popularity like mobile TV and high-quality gaming, the larger story will be the move toward Machine to Machine, or M2M, initiatives, many believe. Topping that list includes things like connected cars, which will put companies like QNX (now owned by BlackBerry) in a very good position: QNX is responsible for the connected software in 60% of cars.
    cjcampbell, jxnb, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    06-03-13 02:20 PM
    Those people don't invest, they speculate.

Posted via CB10
    In retrospect no doubt, just like those who bought at 60, 50 and 40, but at the time I am sure it was being proclaimed as a "value" play. This site is full of posts just like this saying what a great deal RIM was. Even the great Prem bought at some of those levels. It is only hindsight that tells us if they were right or not. $50 seems a long, long way from here.
    06-03-13 02:21 PM
    Means there will be NO Key Reversal today.

12s are very possible as I think many who were holding out will sell and cut their losses when we are in the 12s heading back to 11.
    Exactly. If $12, then $11 unless someone at BBRY realizes that this is not good for them or investors. One thing you definitely want from a company is concern for their share price and those investors who support them.
    kfh227 likes this.
    06-03-13 02:22 PM
    You mistake posting with endorsement....remember eyes wide open.....

Sorry man, but you can't blame shorts for all of BBRY's woes. It is easy to try to do but it is Blackberry that is at blame.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    06-03-13 02:24 PM
    In retrospect no doubt, just like those who bought at 60, 50 and 40, but at the time I am sure it was being proclaimed as a "value" play. This site is full of posts just like this saying what a great deal RIM was. Even the great Prem bought at some of those levels. It is only hindsight that tells us if they were right or not. $50 seems a long, long way from here.
    $50 is dreaming
    06-03-13 02:28 PM
    Sorry man, but you can't blame shorts for all of BBRY's woes. It is easy to try to do but it is Blackberry that is at blame.
    Woe is right. Did you read this "A short squeeze is far from inevitable, particularly since many of the shorts are believed to be large hedge funds that are keen to see BlackBerry�s stock price keep falling." This is not right. How can they print this!?
    From what I have read Blackberry is KING in South Africa, but for $1800?
    I think that was for Zimbabwe. South African pricing seems to be closer to $700.

I read that the Z10 was among the top five best selling smartphones in South Africa, which is quite good since they would sell high volumes of lower-end phones there as well.
    Where is Prem? He should buy more

Posted via CB10
    I am guess since he stopped at 9.9% of the company that buying any more and crossing the 10% threshold subjects him to certain requirements he'd rather not deal with???? He's in at an average cost of $17 so he'd have to buy a boat load to really effect his average per share cost at this point after twice doubling down.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    I'm starting to rethink a comment I made earlier......
    OMGitworks likes this.
    06-03-13 02:29 PM
    If we see $20 in July, be very happy. BBRY is in the middle of trying to prove itself.
    OMGitworks and bungaboy like this.
    06-03-13 02:30 PM
    Didn't lose my shirt. Only fools like you are stupid to put all their eggs in one basket.

Posted via CB10
    You are being foolish to think that I did that. go away.
    06-03-13 02:31 PM
    Woe is right. Did you read this "A short squeeze is far from inevitable, particularly since many of the shorts are believed to be large hedge funds that are keen to see BlackBerry’s stock price keep falling." This is not right. How can they print this!?
    What's wrong with that quote?? I don't understand. Big funds rarely get margin calls and they may be hedged as well. They certainly aren't going to get squeezed in the mid or upper teens.
    06-03-13 02:31 PM
    I'm starting to rethink a comment I made earlier......
    Welcome to about every other minute of my life....
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-03-13 02:32 PM
    Investorideas.com - Tech Stock Alert: Blackberry (BBRY) on the Move?

"Blackberry continues to show high sales, beating (albeit low) expectations, and moving up with in-store sales through various providers and showing strong quarterly growth. Will this company ever beat out or really compete with Apple and Samsung? No! Undoubtedly no; but that doesn't mean growth isn't expected."

NOW, STOP MOPING AROUND WITH YOUR HEADS ON THE GROUND!!!!
    cjcampbell, tygros and bungaboy like this.
    06-03-13 02:35 PM
    Welcome to about every other minute of my life....
    Any guess as to which comment? lol
    06-03-13 02:36 PM
    If we see $20 in July, be very happy. BBRY is in the middle of trying to prove itself.
    Come July, I'll settle for being back to $18. SEP ER better put us at $25 or better.
    06-03-13 02:36 PM
    Any guess as to which comment? lol
    Something about the SP never falling below $14 again? LOL
    06-03-13 02:38 PM
    It's definitely going to be a beer day today
    As long as this isn't the one you are regretting , I am OK with whatever it is! Priorities.
    cjcampbell and lcjr like this.
    06-03-13 02:39 PM
    Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) Call Options Heat Up Ahead of Q10 Debut | Daily Option Blog | Schaeffer's Investment Research

"The shares of Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) are down 3% at $13.53, yet call options are flying off the shelves today. So far, the BlackBerry maker has seen 73,000 calls change hands – a 68% mark-up to its average intraday volume. Upon closer inspection, however, it appears some of the action consists of short-term bearish bets."

this works for me!
    bungaboy and snejpa like this.
    06-03-13 02:39 PM
    Something about the SP never falling below $14 again? LOL
    No sir... I don't regret that comment. It's what I believed at the time. lol
    Charles Martin1 and Dapper37 like this.
    06-03-13 02:41 PM
    As long as this isn't the one you are regretting , I am OK with whatever it is! Priorities.
    Oh god no. No regrets with regards to my beloved..
    OMGitworks and lcjr like this.
    06-03-13 02:42 PM
    Unless of course, you're wrong. No one on the short side has presented anything but speculation. If they're "I think's" and "hypothetically speaking..." are wrong, as every supply line and massive store checks seem to show they are, then the shorts are in fact to blame for this share price. How can anything you see tell you otherwise?
    m0de25, bungaboy and Dapper37 like this.
    06-03-13 02:44 PM
    Investorideas.com - Tech Stock Alert: Blackberry (BBRY) on the Move?

"Blackberry continues to show high sales, beating (albeit low) expectations, and moving up with in-store sales through various providers and showing strong quarterly growth. Will this company ever beat out or really compete with Apple and Samsung? No! Undoubtedly no; but that doesn't mean growth isn't expected."

NOW, STOP MOPING AROUND WITH YOUR HEADS ON THE GROUND!!!!
    It always bothers me when an investment web site and an author writing about a company can't seem to get the facts correct on the little things....

"and with upcoming second quarter results pending"
    06-03-13 02:44 PM
    The argument is wrong. WP is overrepresented, that's a fact, but not because are low end. The ASP of $250 is worldwide and include Ashas and touch s40.
    In US most sales in Q1 were L920 and L928.
    Your information isn't correct. Nokia's ASP on Lumias alone was 182 Euros, which is around $240 USD. That does not include any Ashas or S40s.

The Lumia 928 was not released in the US until May, so it isn't relevant to this discussion.

I believe around 50-55% of Nokia Lumia sales in the US was the 920, with the rest being lower end.

Windows Phones could be had for pretty cheap though overall. Amazon had the Lumia 920 for $40 on contract, the 820 for free on contract, and the HTC 8X for $0.01 on contract.

Amazon cuts prices on 8X and Lumia 920 even further - GSMArena.com news

Verizon has the 822 and 8X for free on contract as well. Those phones are towards the lower end for smartphones in the US.
    06-03-13 02:46 PM
    Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) Call Options Heat Up Ahead of Q10 Debut | Daily Option Blog | Schaeffer's Investment Research

"The shares of Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) are down 3% at $13.53, yet call options are flying off the shelves today. So far, the BlackBerry maker has seen 73,000 calls change hands – a 68% mark-up to its average intraday volume. Upon closer inspection, however, it appears some of the action consists of short-term bearish bets."

this works for me!
    Moreover, the put/call ratio is now 0.32. It hasn't been that low for BBRY for a very long time. That means the optimism is growing!!!

Warren Buffett is not full of shat!
    06-03-13 02:46 PM
113,256 ... 11681169117011711172 ...