Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hi All!

It's a bit glum around here haha.

Just got to Jo'burg awaiting my flights back to Vancouver.

Everyone in Zimbabwe was chuffed about BB10 but I was informed that it would cost them approximately $1800 to get one and it's not a very economically rich country.

I have seen 10 Z10 around the airport and one large(huge) bb10 ad heading into departures.

excited to get home, update to 10.1 and get my gf moved onto a Q10.

Z10 served very well on the trip and got the word out quite well to the other volunteers and the locals.

Anyone using bbm channels yet?

Posted via CB10
    From what I have read Blackberry is KING in South Africa, but for $1800?
    06-03-13 11:33 AM
    Charles,

We you not here last ER?

We were all built up and ready for the fireworks and not even a fizzle.

Now it is a "dip or PLUNGE"
    Yip. I've been in since last fall, at various levels. I've already said that going into this ER I intend to sell 50% the day before because it's sure to plunge on ER day.
    06-03-13 11:34 AM
    How common are "Key Reversals"?
    Hi greggebhardt!

By definition they are occurring 5% of the trading time simply because you need an extreme situation in order to setup a Key Reversal. We have it today because we are testing the pennant formation support line looking for a KR that ends positively. We are oversold on the Bollinger Bands and those bands rarely ever let us stay over-sold more than one day. The RSI (14) is 34 and that's over-sold in the long term, and any RSI short term is WAY over-sold. The volume is light meaning that we have bulls boycotting the move today. At any moment, the reversal can hit and we are done with the sell-off here. You merely have to look at the extremes to see when we have accomplished KRs.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-june-3h-2013-chart.jpg

You can see on this 8 month chart of BBRY, we have had KRs on many/monthly occasions, both sides of the trade. We step outside the bounds of the Bollinger Bands and quickly jump back inside them ... and begin a new, directional rally. Looks like at least once a month we are able to stop the current direction and head in reverse.
    06-03-13 11:35 AM
    I'm not sure if he was referring to getting it Grey market or not as it hasn't been released in Zim.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper likes this.
    06-03-13 11:38 AM
    The argument is wrong. WP is overrepresented, that's a fact, but not because are low end. The ASP of $250 is worldwide and include Ashas and touch s40.
    In US most sales in Q1 were L920 and L928.
    It's all manufactured "news", time will tell.
    bigbadben10, take99 and bungaboy like this.
    06-03-13 11:38 AM
    A Q10 is to sell in the Caribbean for US$1000, Z are currently selling for $800-900 US

06-03-13 11:39 AM
    I don't see how shorts can be covering. They need to short the stock to bring it down. To short the stock just to cover doesn't make sense, especially on low-moderate volume.
    06-03-13 11:40 AM
    Added ~2000 more shares on TSX at 13.95 earlier.
    Annnnd I am already underwater on them, but I am not a day trader so that means little to me. All I see is a bargain here.

All the movement so far has just confirmed for us that we are still not out of the woods yet.

We thought we were out of the woods when we were closing above 15 and we have < 1% movements per day on low volume.
    We thought we can ride it out all the way to the ER (June and/or Sept, whichever one you subscribe to) and get our vindication (if not, why are you in this stock!?).
    We thought the market is no longer as sensitive to manipulative bad news.
    We thought after the the Detwiler incident BB will be more protective of their stock price
    We thought with the launch of the Z10 in the US and Q10 everywhere else, it'd pump up the stock on positive sell-throughs and reviews

Well, we thought wrong.

And if we're wrong, where are we now? We are where we were a few months ago. We got too comfortable too soon. We were used to seeing these types of movements daily before. We generally don't like it, but we were used to it. None of the fundamentals has changed and BB10 & devices as a product has not slipped-up such that I now feel differently about the company as I did a few months ago.

It sucks to see the SP fall sharply two days in a row, but we've seen this before. Sometimes, worse.

As cliched as this sounds, I think it is worth reiterating:
    If you are truly long and you support BBRY, nothing has changed except you got another chance to add more to your position for cheaper.

Also, there's nothing wrong with being a "weak hand" (I hate using that term) in this as long as you did not risk a high amount of money. If this stock tests your risk tolerance, then it may be wise to get out of it in case it dips to an even more uncomfortable level. It is unfortunate, but that is how stock trading works, you can't win them all. There's no shame in selling for a loss if the position doesn't sit well with you. Of course, we'd like you to stick with us if you can =)

I'd still feel this way even if it dips another 10-20% I'd say. More than that i really need to re-assess what's going on =S
    06-03-13 11:42 AM
    No joke my z10 just rebooted ,anyways I no longer own shares. I sold at 7:50 range. Not too b u tt Hurt as I only had 3000 shares. It was left over in my qtrade account but it did hurt that I had bought those shares at 17. But i do despise bbry as a company. I have for years. Ironic since I have had a bbry since 03/04. I just don't like how the company is run and how they keep breaking promises. But as far as security they can't beat that is why I still own a bbry. So my negativity comes from that not due to any financial concerns.

Posted via CB10
    Wow why sell for such a loss you must really believe they are going bankrupt,
    I'm sure you could have waited and at least broke even or close to it..
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-03-13 11:43 AM
    I don't see how shorts can be covering. They need to short the stock to bring it down. To short the stock just to cover doesn't make sense, especially on low-moderate volume.
    When this gets low enough you will have some covering, for sure.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-03-13 11:44 AM
    I didn't mean to but I had to get back into Blackberry pretty much doubled my position and brought down my first purchase price from 18.12 to $16 exact!!!
    zyben and bungaboy like this.
    Bought more Jan 2015 calls at the 30 strike. 99 cents each .

If this goes to 12.40 I am starting to sell puts

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kfh227; 06-03-13 at 12:17 PM.
    Wow why sell for such a loss you must really believe they are going bankrupt,
    I'm sure you could have waited and at least broke even or close to it..
    He made a terrible decision to buy at $17 and now another terrible decision to sell at this level. Unbelievable.
    06-03-13 11:47 AM
    Steady she goes.....
    06-03-13 11:48 AM
    I think M+8 is right, we will close in a rally.
    06-03-13 11:49 AM
    Bought more Jan 2015 calls at the 30 strike. 11 cents each .

If this goes to 12.40 I am starting to sell puts

Posted via CB10
    Jan 2015 strike is at 11 cents? Isn't it more like $1?
    06-03-13 11:50 AM
    maybe starting now, the wizard has spoken!
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-03-13 11:51 AM
    I have a buy-stop set but on this volume anything can happen.
    06-03-13 11:51 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-qm.jpg

Update: Gandalf looks a heck of a lot like BThunderW.
    06-03-13 11:54 AM
    The argument is wrong. WP is overrepresented, that's a fact, but not because are low end. The ASP of $250 is worldwide and include Ashas and touch s40.
    In US most sales in Q1 were L920 and L928.
    What I'd the rationale in lower end phoned being over represented. The article doesn't explain..

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 11:55 AM
    Charles,

We you not here last ER?

We were all built up and ready for the fireworks and not even a fizzle.

Now it is a "dip or PLUNGE"
    Last ER was a lot of speculation - only a few weeks of hard numbers - now we have a full Q - the numbers will not disappoint - not when the MAX profit anyone has is $0.50... and any profit above $0.03 will be a surprise. Demand is there - #'s are HUGE for BBRY going forward - last ER's are just that - OLD news.
    06-03-13 11:57 AM
    Now its fun when I bought in at 18 if the stock is at 17 or 13 I was still at a loss. Now when the stock starts heading up I can get closer to profits!
    bungaboy and q649 like this.
    06-03-13 12:04 PM
    I think M+8 is right, we will close in a rally.
    I hope so, there is "plenty of room" for BB to rally.

Does that mean we will be back to $14?
    06-03-13 12:07 PM
    I hope so, there is "plenty of room" for BB to rally.

Does that mean we will be back to $14?
    I sure hope so. I re-bought at 14.00 this morning, which I think is fair but knowing that it falls that much right after hurts.
    06-03-13 12:11 PM
    Positive piece from BGR regarding production ramp up. Pretty hefty volume prediction (30-40M re-iterated in this article):

http://bgr.com/2013/06/03/blackberry...rtphone-sales/

I wouldn't normally link to BGR but since Superfly linked one a week ago, I feel that I won't get flamed, lol.

Keep your heads up, folks!
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-03-13 12:12 PM
113,252 ... 11641165116611671168 ...