View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Windows is at the end of their windows phone disaster, there are going to be a bunch of stories talking about their "gains" until the facts come out. Can anyone here even count ten people that they've seen with a Windows Phone? I can't count a single one, besides the one I saw in the garbage. No lie.
    I'm one of those 10 lol...
    lcjr likes this.
    06-03-13 11:06 AM
    Windows is at the end of their windows phone disaster, there are going to be a bunch of stories talking about their "gains" until the facts come out. Can anyone here even count ten people that they've seen with a Windows Phone? I can't count a single one, besides the one I saw in the garbage. No lie.
    The same can be said for bbry. I haven't seen a single windows phone because I don't know what one looks like nor do I care. But they are a serious threat to bbrys market share.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 11:07 AM
    BTW, a bit off topic seeing my comment is not negative...

I was at a reunion banquet yesterday with a bunch of people in my past life, people I never spoke to for 5-10 years; in fact, it was like a reunion, where nobody there had kept in touch with anybody there. Everyone had a vastly different background. Teachers/Accountants/Operations ppl/Gangsters/Nerds. You name it.

Anyhow, not doing it on purpose, people see my Z10 and THEY bring it up, not me. Several ask about it and eventually the topic of the night became phones. And it was not about stocks. It was about phones.

Without even asking, a total of 6 current iPhone users said they are going to get a BB10 for when their upgrade is available. 2 SG3 switching to BB10 as well. The party was bout 50 people, so given it was a fairly random sample, I was happily shocked.
    06-03-13 11:09 AM
    Let's think about a trade like this with $ 13.60/shr as overhead resistance.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-june-3f-2013-chart.jpg

We can't expect to drop at this pace all day. At some point, the stock breaks the downtrend line and we rally to resistance. Key Reversals are scary but necessary.
    06-03-13 11:10 AM
    As scary as this may be for me, I just bought more at 13.88 TSX. Fingers crossed!!
    All is well, we've just got some selling operations in full swing and some loose longs getting scared off.
    06-03-13 11:11 AM
    What About Kantar Worldpanel?

The latest Kantar Worldpanel survey results from the three month period ending April 2013 show BlackBerry market shares that have barely budged from what they were 2-3 months before. Some may see this as an indication that BlackBerry 10 has not performed well, but we are inclined to hypothesize that Kantar's panel is weighted heavily towards low to medium priced smartphone purchasers, and thus do not capture the sales at the high end of the smartphone market accurately. It is important to note that Kantar Worldpanel numbers are derived from a survey, and have sometimes deviated significantly from the actual reported numbers from carriers and manufacturers.

Below we have compared reported results for iOS and Windows Phone in the U.S. with Kantar Worldpanel's survey results. For example, Kantar Worldpanel pegged iOS' share at AT&T at 63% during the three months ending March 2013, while AT&T's (T) Q1 report mentioned that iPhones accounted for 80% (4.8 million out of 6 million) of smartphone activations. Kantar Worldpanel had iOS' share at Verizon (VZ) at 45.7% versus the 55.6% (4 million out of 7.2 million) that Verizon reported.

On the other hand, Windows Phone numbers appear overstated. Nokia reported 400,000 Lumia sales to North America during Q1. Since Nokia is estimated to have 65% of the Windows Phone market in the US, total Windows Phone sales during Q1 should be around 600,000 units. This is approximately 2% of total US sales during Q1 compared to the 5.6% that Kantar Worldpanel suggested.

Carrier / OS
    Kantar Worldpanel % Share (3 Months Ending March 2013)
    Actual % Share (Company Quarterly Reports For March 2013)

AT&T / iOS
    63.0%
    80.0%

Verizon / iOS
    45.7%
    55.6%

Total U.S. / Windows
    5.6%
    2.0% (Estimated)

High-end phones such as the iPhone appear to be substantially underrepresented in Kantar Worldpanel's surveys compared to actual numbers. On the other hand, Windows Phone appears to be significantly overrepresented. Windows Phone has an ASP that is under $250 based on Nokia's numbers, which is about 60% below the iPhone and 45% less than BB10 devices. BB10 device pricing is at the high-end of the smartphone market, which if our hypothesis is true, makes it probable that the Kantar Worldpanel survey figures are significantly less than actual sales for BlackBerry. In particular, Kantar Worldpanel's figures for Verizon are improbable, as they'd suggest that BlackBerry only sold 14,000 units at Verizon during February to April, including only a few thousand BB10 units.

BlackBerry 10 Demand Estimated At 1.5 Million Units Per Month - Seeking Alpha
    The argument is wrong. WP is overrepresented, that's a fact, but not because are low end. The ASP of $250 is worldwide and include Ashas and touch s40.
    In US most sales in Q1 were L920 and L928.
    06-03-13 11:11 AM
    Grain of salt

tphedgegroup: $BBRY Big covering action happening. We are seeing institutions outbuying retail 3 to 1
    3 minutes ago from web
    06-03-13 11:12 AM
    Bouncing along the bottom maybe.......
    06-03-13 11:13 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIM June 3f  2013 Chart.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	167880

We can't expect to drop at this pace all day. At some point, the stock breaks the downtrend line and we rally to resistance. Key Reversals are scary but necessary.
    Exactly. Folks, you knew going into this stock that it was volatile. You've enjoyed some smooth sailing and are just a little nervous about the first storm in a while. Take it easy.
    Grain of salt

tphedgegroup: $BBRY Big covering action happening. We are seeing institutions outbuying retail 3 to 1
    3 minutes ago from web
    If it's happening, I don't see it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIM June 3f  2013 Chart.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	167880

How common are "Key Reversals"?
    06-03-13 11:14 AM
    Exactly. Folks, you knew going into this stock that it was volatile. You've enjoyed some smooth sailing and are just a little nervous about the first storm in a while. Take it easy.
    I never enjoyed much smooth sailing. Smooth sailing for me has been the few days it's been close to $16. Every other day for the past 3 months has been rough waters.
    lcjr and take99 like this.
    06-03-13 11:15 AM
    I am with you and I must have been sleeping while there was smooth sailing.
    06-03-13 11:16 AM
    Those who are sitting pretty are those who were loyal and believe d in bbry since it was in the 6-8 range. People worried are the ones who just want to profit on bbry and don't care about the company just their own wallets. Put bbry first. We owe it to them.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-03-13 11:17 AM
    Here is the game :

Shorts are worried going into a great ER, create a selling operation that shakes enough weak hands free, when the SP gets low enough buy big and forget that you were ever short.

Not all shorts will do that because there are some that really think BBRY is dead. Those are the ones who will grease the rails when we start our ascent...

You just got to think longer term instead of what's staring you in the face.
    06-03-13 11:19 AM
    Those who are sitting pretty are those who were loyal and believe d in bbry since it was in the 6-8 range. People worried are the ones who just want to profit on bbry and don't care about the company just their own wallets. Put bbry first. We owe it to them.

Posted via CB10
    Now that is funny.
    matthewriedle likes this.
    06-03-13 11:20 AM
    Just bought another 1000 shares TSX BB at 13.82 ok Now i'm tapped out,
    lets get this baby turned around and heading north now..
    bigbadben10 and bungaboy like this.
    06-03-13 11:21 AM

Posted via CB10

I first bought in the 8 dollar range but have been trading up until a few weeks ago. Buying more now on dips and plunges.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-03-13 11:22 AM
    Charles,

We you not here last ER?

We were all built up and ready for the fireworks and not even a fizzle.

Now it is a "dip or PLUNGE"
    06-03-13 11:22 AM
    Since I don't have anything to throw at this for a few week, I'm living vicariously through some of you. I'd definately be buying a few shares right now.
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and leafs123 like this.
    06-03-13 11:23 AM
    Z10 fido WTF. Bipolar or trolling?
    06-03-13 11:24 AM
    so was that a long squeeze this morning?
    06-03-13 11:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    i thought it bottomed at $35 and was loyal, look where it is now? no, just kidding, but that is the weakness of your argument
    06-03-13 11:28 AM
    Hi All!

It's a bit glum around here haha.

Just got to Jo'burg awaiting my flights back to Vancouver.

Everyone in Zimbabwe was chuffed about BB10 but I was informed that it would cost them approximately $1800 to get one and it's not a very economically rich country.

I have seen 10 Z10 around the airport and one large(huge) bb10 ad heading into departures.

excited to get home, update to 10.1 and get my gf moved onto a Q10.

Z10 served very well on the trip and got the word out quite well to the other volunteers and the locals.

Anyone using bbm channels yet?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 11:28 AM
    Z10 fido WTF. Bipolar or trolling?
    No joke my z10 just rebooted ,anyways I no longer own shares. I sold at 7:50 range. Not too b u tt Hurt as I only had 3000 shares. It was left over in my qtrade account but it did hurt that I had bought those shares at 17. But i do despise bbry as a company. I have for years. Ironic since I have had a bbry since 03/04. I just don't like how the company is run and how they keep breaking promises. But as far as security they can't beat that is why I still own a bbry. So my negativity comes from that not due to any financial concerns.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 11:32 AM
113,256 ... 11631164116511661167 ...