Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Pretty interesting analysis here.

BlackBerry Will Surprise: Forecasting June Earnings - Seeking Alpha

"From the previous sales and cost estimates (including 35% taken for taxes), we can offset these two numbers to give BlackBerry an estimated net income of $339.1 million for the 1st quarter of 2014, or $0.65 EPS. This is significantly above the 0.03 EPS Wall Street consensus. Even high estimates have EPS at only $0.50."
    06-03-13 03:19 AM
    $14.20 or up 1.76% in premarket!
    06-03-13 04:35 AM
    $14.20 or up 1.76% in premarket!
    Now if we can just keep this up with a bit of volume, that would be great

EDIT - With a couple more small trades, we're up a few more cents to over 2% up
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 06-03-13 at 05:35 AM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-03-13 05:08 AM
    Taken from another thread.... Leo using his Z10 at the French Open this last weekend. Yes... they are taking Hollywood back

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...jicuael5fx.jpg
    06-03-13 05:39 AM
    Taken from another thread.... Leo using his Z10 at the French Open this last weekend. Yes... they are taking Hollywood back

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...jicuael5fx.jpg

That we are sir.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-03-13 05:49 AM
    I hope that the positive momentum continues when the volume gets turned up.
    cjcampbell and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-03-13 06:00 AM
    Eeek! They're nibbling away our little rebound...lol
    06-03-13 06:24 AM
    I'm going to try and not watch today to see what kind of surprise awaits me at the end of the day.

Chat this evening. All the best!
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-03-13 06:26 AM
    I'm going to try and not watch today to see what kind of surprise awaits me at the end of the day.

Chat this evening. All the best!
    Good luck with that lol
    06-03-13 06:29 AM
    Pretty interesting analysis here.

BlackBerry Will Surprise: Forecasting June Earnings - Seeking Alpha

"From the previous sales and cost estimates (including 35% taken for taxes), we can offset these two numbers to give BlackBerry an estimated net income of $339.1 million for the 1st quarter of 2014, or $0.65 EPS. This is significantly above the 0.03 EPS Wall Street consensus. Even high estimates have EPS at only $0.50."
    Yes and I think we are closer to 2million a month. good times.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-03-13 07:14 AM
    Has BlackBerry ever offered a dividend?
    06-03-13 07:20 AM
    No.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-03-13 07:24 AM
    Nope.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-03-13 07:24 AM
    Back to business, thanks goes to the moderator!! Our chart is the same one we left off with on Friday evening:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-june-3-2013-chart.jpg

Yes, that lower support line is the last major defence for us this month. We need to stay above it and start a rally by moving above the 3-dma ($ 14.18), 5-dma ($ 14.28), the 50-dma ( $ 14.76) the centerline of the Bollinger Bands ( $ 14.78) and of course, that upper resistance line ($ 16.25)! Is that asking too much? I don't think so. The last rally attempt saw us miss the upper blue line by $ .20/shr and we could very well "miss the lower blue line" by the same amount here. Our downside is $ 13.65/shr for the start of the week, so think about Friday's low as support this week:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-june-3a-2013-chart.jpg

As I mentioned on Friday night, we need to see the Bollinger Bands move down low enough to allow us to reach the lower blue line. That would take 2 days at the rate of $ .09/day but we could also spike down and get it over with sooner. The third choice is to avoid that line all together which is really bullish. So let's see what unfolds as we are oversold and the general market is starting out positive here. Best of luck!
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-june-1b-2013-chart.jpg  
    06-03-13 07:53 AM
    Seeking Alpha

BlackBerry 10 Demand Estimated At 1.5 Million Units Per Month
    Jun 3 2013, 4:42 | by Elephant Analytics | about: BBRY
    06-03-13 08:04 AM
    Happy Sunday everyone.
    This has been on my mind for BBRY, and I really think it could be huge for SP and UX. Thoughts?
    BB10 needs a 5" non phone iPod killer - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Posted via CB10
    Never attack your opponent head on, especially when he is the largest in the world.
    bungaboy, m0de25 and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-03-13 08:06 AM
    Side note: Good news for us Canadian telecom users.

Contacts can be cancelled after 2 years without penalty. I wonder if the carries will find a way to get around it.

EDIT: You still have to pay the balance of the phone off but you will not be charged a cancellation fee.

CRTC
    Last edited by leafs123; 06-03-13 at 08:46 AM.
    06-03-13 08:13 AM
    Never attack your opponent head on, especially when he is the largest in the world.
    But maybe now is the time. They don't own pricing advantages in music or movies anymore due to those suits, and they've been ignoring the iPod for some time now, in favor of the iPhone. Maybe, just maybe, the timing is right. We need more users of bb10, and unless we get a license partner soon, this is blow hanging fruit. Same body as Aristo no new components. Cost increases would be minimal, as we'd be cutting out the radio. Which would also increase battery life.

The way in see it, even a slight profit, even break-even, would be worth it from a sheer exposure to the OS standpoint.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 08:14 AM
    But maybe now is the time. They don't own pricing advantages in music or movies anymore due to those suits, and they've been ignoring the iPod for some time now, in favor of the iPhone. Maybe, just maybe, the timing is right. We need more users of bb10, and unless we get a license partner soon, this is blow hanging fruit. Same body as Aristo no new components. Cost increases would be minimal, as we'd be cutting out the radio. Which would also increase battery life.

The way in see it, even a slight profit, even break-even, would be worth it from a sheer exposure to the OS standpoint.

Posted via CB10
    I think the only problem with that is that people are not really needing a standalone music device. The iPod sales are declining as the need is declining as well.
    Bugmapper, bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    06-03-13 08:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    I can see/feel where you are coming from, and it would certainly be tempting to try if I had any say in the matter. It does appear to be a bit of a sweet spot, a crippled aristo. My concerns are that BBWorld is not up to the task yet, it looks like copycating/desperation on BlackBerry's part, and that they can't compete at a price point that appl can pump the things out at. If people can afford a crippled Aristo, they probably already have a smartphone anyway.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-03-13 08:30 AM
    M+8. From your most recent graphs, it appears the break out point of the pendent formation has been pushed out into the distance future. It was previously an imminent break out. Is this a true conclusion and what does this mean among the day-to-day battle between long and short investors/traders?
    06-03-13 08:31 AM
    Doing what I can to keep $13.65 from failing.

Update: Hmm, my attempt to attach an image doesn't work? it was my fault...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-qm.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-qm.gif  
    Last edited by q649; 06-03-13 at 09:10 AM.
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    06-03-13 08:43 AM
    I should just let you guys know when I am buying. Without fail, it drops right after.
    q649 likes this.
    06-03-13 08:51 AM
    Doing what I can to keep $13.65 from failing.

Update: Hmm, my attempt to attach an image doesn't work?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-qm.gif
    Using the app on your z10?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 08:51 AM
    I sure hope Thor has something up his sleeve to put an end to this nonsense

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 08:57 AM
113,256 ... 11571158115911601161 ...