View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm following M8's line this week...perhaps a down day, base out then rally. No news as quiet period begins will provide some volatility and we can expect some shart news trying to drive down any significant gains...just my two cents.
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    06-02-13 06:06 PM
    Seems the lack of upward movement in the share price has us looking for a fight. Calm it down people. This thread has been a massive source of knowledge for myself and many.
    99% of us are here because we share the common belief that this company will bring us wealth and we also are supporters/owners of the company. It upsets us to see someone speaking negatively of our company but please, please ignore the agitator. Time will take care of this problem for us. Oxygen/wind is what fuels a wild fire. Save the energy it takes to respond.

Focus on the positive....Blackberry is on a comeback. We know this. Be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful. Friday was tough to digest but you know what....I hope my fellow BB brothers who share the long position have the cash to spare take advantage of dips like this, I hope the TA guys saw the indicators and swung a day trade and picked up a few more without using new capital. Those like myself who were busy working or others who just don't have the stomach to get in any deeper or ride the waves of the swings just sit tight.

I read the BC government is on board with BB10, good to see support on the home shore. This is a small victory that will help us win the war. ER is now just weeks away...I trust the management of my company or I wouldn't be invested. In Prem and Thor I trust. When I don't anymore or if any of us doesn't we should sell and walk away. I smell $20+ by July.

I have some funds ready and while I've been adding sometimes by dumping and buying back lower (doesn't always work) if this sinks any lower I'll smile and purchase more cause I support Blackberry and I buy shares.

Here is to a week of our SP moving upwards. Let's take a deep breath and have a quick read and let common sense prevail.

I'm suggesting the $200 party be held on this beach in my profile pic. On the lovely island of Barbados.

Here is a read to get the blood warm for this week

Lies my analyst told me - BlackBerry - BB
    06-02-13 06:07 PM
    long since $7.50, so why not sell when BB was at $18.50 on the bogus run-up taunted by some fool rumored to be buying BB, thereafter false it was, at that time i shorted. heck if long at 7.50 i would have sold a long time ago. however, to each their own.
    Because you are the only one here that can buy and sell at the absolute highs and lows

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    06-02-13 06:10 PM
    Happy Sunday everyone.
    This has been on my mind for BBRY, and I really think it could be huge for SP and UX. Thoughts?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=813994

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-02-13 06:15 PM
    When do you guys think BBRY will hit 200$ a share hahaha.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 06:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just before the $200 party. You won't want to miss that one. hahaha
    06-02-13 06:30 PM
    No time soon I would imagine but one day in the future. The reference was to show how strong my belief is in my investment at this time.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-02-13 06:49 PM
    FINAL WARNING

The topic is BBRY stock trading. Please remain on topic or the thread will close
    06-02-13 07:00 PM
    Good grief, let it go, for BBog's sake! There is no "cost" to short BB! Hell, I have shorted BB for a few days, there was no cost! My only cost is my commission, less than $10 per trade, buy and sell, that's it, that's all. If you are paying a premium to short BB then you are getting screwed over royally, shame on you, best man up and learn some due diligence. On that closing note, go BBlackhawks!

Yes, I don't believe there is a borrowing cost involved if you don't hold the short position at the end of the day. The cost is applied as a percentage of the value of the stock shorted at the end of the day.

So if you short 10000 shares and the price is $10 at close, the total value you're shorting is $100,000. If the borrowing cost is 10%, then the annualized fee would be $10,000 - the fee is applied daily, so a bit under $300 per day. If you close the position before the end of the day - then the 10% annual rate would be applied against a zero balance.
    06-02-13 07:07 PM
    It is regrettable that some in this thread have called for banning based on the popularity of a member and/or alleged activity outside our forums. CrackBerry does NOT do banning by popular vote or mob rule.

When moderators have (rightly) ignored the demands a few have attempted to provoke a response from the target. Vigilante action and mob rule are unacceptable, and those who attempt it may find themselves on the wrong end of moderator responses. Fortunately the target was smart enough not to take the bait. In fact vigilante action can even delay moderator actions because it is unfair to take action against a member who reacts to provocation. Instead the appropriate moderator response might be to infract the provoker.

The moderators will work within forum rules and we hope/expect other members will respect these rules. If members don't play within the rules, the next stage is warnings and infractions which may escalate into timeouts as documented, and in persistent cases a permanent ban, There is a clearly defined process to follow and it will be applied fairly and impartially, regardless of the opinions held by members who attract unwanted attention. Simply disliking another member's opinion is not grounds for banning or even handing out infractions.
    no question you are 1000% right from your point of view, however as Blackberry stock fans we know when something is wrong
    06-02-13 07:21 PM
    FINAL WARNING

The topic is BBRY stock trading. Please remain on topic or the thread will close
    With respect, I believe the topic is "I support BBRY and I buy shares". Much more than stock trading. It is also about supporting and believing in the Company you have invested in. Investing is different than trading.

I support BBRY and I bought lots of shares as a long term investment. I do not trade them. I trust that they will soon reach $40/share.

Thank you.
    06-02-13 07:29 PM
    OK, guys. No gloating please.

Back on topic. Looking ahead, not back!

Stand Sure!
    06-02-13 08:04 PM
    Another good article on soontobeunemployedanalysts.

BlackBerry: The Usual Suspects - Gentlemen, It's Getting Old Already

BlackBerry: The Usual Suspects - Gentlemen, It's Getting Old Already - Seeking Alpha
    06-02-13 08:09 PM
    Taking a break from chores... stumbled on this lilttle opinion piece urging BB to reconsider releasing a Playbook2:

"You have to wonder whether in reality, the firm is still licking its wounds following the outright disaster that was the original BlackBerry PlayBook. Having been rushed to launch without several of its most important functionalities, the tablet became one of the most notable embarrassments in the history of the market.
    This time around though, the BB10 OS is already winning over the masses and proving to be an exceptional success story, which means it’s only a case of getting the hardware and price right to make a second-generation PlayBook everything its predecessor wasn’t."

Opinion: BlackBerry Needs a PlayBook 2, Must Reverse Decision | US Daily Voice

The concept image looks pretty nice (apart from the oversized logos everywhere). As someone pointed out in the comments, BB is likely working on a miracast tablet... The commentator works for the Canadian gov't, so maybe he has some insight Heins did say that 1 of the 6 2013 products he was excited about would enhance the BB10 experience, so miracast tablet... can't wait to meet ya!
    Last edited by m0de25; 06-02-13 at 08:33 PM.
    06-02-13 08:10 PM
    Just a quick question about the deep dip in SP recently. Did anyone figure out what drove it down besides no news or was it just a bear raid? Sorry, I've been out of the loop on a lot around here. Are we expected to get back on track this week and get back over $15 at least?
    06-02-13 08:28 PM
    Just a quick question about the deep dip in SP recently. Did anyone figure out what drove it down besides no news or was it just a bear raid? Sorry, I've been out of the loop on a lot around here. Are we expected to get back on track this week and get back over $15 at least?
    LCJR, read the stories linked in these two threads. Should give you an idea. Same old pack of lies again.

http://forums.crackberry.com/report.php?p=8586331

http://forums.crackberry.com/report.php?p=8586813
    Shanerredflag and lcjr like this.
    06-02-13 08:34 PM
    Good grief, let it go, for BBog's sake! There is no "cost" to short BB! Hell, I have shorted BB for a few days, there was no cost! My only cost is my commission, less than $10 per trade, buy and sell, that's it, that's all. If you are paying a premium to short BB then you are getting screwed over royally, shame on you, best man up and learn some due diligence. On that closing note, go BBlackhawks!
    Anyway, figured I'd respond to this for education's sake. BB_Trader is wrong, as there is a cost to short BB or BBRY for multiple days.

As noted on Wikipedia - "Borrow cost is the fee paid to a securities lender for borrowing the stock or other security. The cost of borrowing the stock is usually negligible compared to fees paid and interest accrued on the margin account - in 2002, 91% of stocks could be shorted for less than a 1% fee per annum, generally lower than interest rates earned on the margin account. However, certain stocks become "hard to borrow" as stockholders willing to lend their stock become more difficult to locate. The cost of borrowing these stocks can become significant - in February 2001, the cost to borrow (short) Krispy Kreme stock reached an annualized 55%, indicating that a short seller would need to pay the borrower more than half the price of the stock over the course of the year, essentially as interest for borrowing a stock in limited supply."

Short (finance) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Many stocks have a negligible (0-1% per annum) borrow cost, but the borrow cost for BBRY is currently around 7-8% per annum, while BB is around 5-6% per annum. I'm guessing that BB_Trader either doesn't actually trade BlackBerry or didn't pay attention to his statements when he was charged the borrow fee.

It doesn't add up to that much if you're shorting for only a few days, but can get quite substantial with higher borrow costs or longer terms. I shorted Groupon for a little while before, and the borrow costs could add up quickly there (50% per annum).
    06-02-13 08:46 PM
    Those are dead end links but that's okay. I'll go with the no news and bear raid combo and hope we get this stock back on track soon.
    plane6065 likes this.
    06-02-13 08:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    If there is a short squeeze, soon. If not, it will take many years. But $100 should happen in 3 years or so as BBRY innovates, Apple rests on their laurels, Samsung leaves Android and Google starts making hardware without help from 3rd parties.

BBRY has a vision for the future that will put Apple behind the times even more. Google is the only true unknown. Thing is, I have not seen any evidence that Google plans to do anything beyond consumer devices. That's where BBRY is different.
    bungaboy and Bigbacala like this.
    06-02-13 08:51 PM
    If there is a short squeeze, soon. If not, it will take many years. But $100 should happen in 3 years or so as BBRY innovates, Apple rests on their laurels, Samsung leaves Android and Google starts making hardware without help from 3rd parties.

BBRY has a vision for the future that will put Apple behind the times even more. Google is the only true unknown.
    That brings up another interesting question..... Should there be a short squeeze, how big an impact is estimated? I read on-line that it will far surpass the Tesla squeeze.
    06-02-13 08:57 PM
    That brings up another interesting question..... Should there be a short squeeze, how big an impact is estimated? I read on-line that it will far surpass the Tesla squeeze.
    Maybe in percentage but not in dollar value..... that is unless BB has over $1 EPS come earnings and some seriously sick guidance.
    06-02-13 09:00 PM
    06-02-13 09:01 PM
    This is interesting...kinda sorta:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1475...ticle_readmore

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 09:03 PM
    Now that was a good read. Would be good if everyone out there read that.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-02-13 09:12 PM
    Maybe in percentage but not in dollar value..... that is unless BB has over $1 EPS come earnings and some seriously sick guidance.
    Yep, I'm hoping we go up again but not the squeeze. Not until we're over the $20 mark.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    06-02-13 09:15 PM
113,256 ... 11551156115711581159 ...