View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Umm, that is just incorrect. As I stated you don't know what a short of a stock is. Always a cost to borrow, not a premium, just how it works. You should know this if you ar giving advice.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I was getting at... seems like BB_Trader's definition of shorting is not what I understand it to be. To borrow shares for free (or what he's suggesting he's paying - a normal transaction fee) doesn't add up. Maybe there isn't a borrowing cost if it's intra-day?
    06-02-13 03:36 PM
    Interesting Sunday. Was a good day for me in general. Feeling good.

Interestingly enough someone asked me the other day if I had the new iPhone, not so tech savy. Why do I mention that, we'll i think the design has an appeal.

Second was talking to a group of friends from US who have never been pro BlackBerry, more of an apple group. When i mentioned that I had the new BlackBerry. He started asking loads about it. He was aware that it was out.

The thing that I think BlackBerry need to work on is highlighting the features and differentiators. Once I showed him some things he was genuinely impressed.

It seems he was aware of the release but unaware of how far BlackBerry have come. Also the things I showed him you wouldn't get from demoing a unit in a shop.

I know it is not news but just my personal insights. As we have mentioned before this seems to be a marathon not a sprint.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 03:44 PM
    Can't understand why so many posts are being deleted!
    I'm very glad at least one was. Mine.
    Apologies for this.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 03:48 PM
    That's what I was getting at... seems like BB_Trader's definition of shorting is not what I understand it to be. To borrow shares for free (or what he's suggesting he's paying - a normal transaction fee) doesn't add up. Maybe there isn't a borrowing cost if it's intra-day?
    Yes, I don't believe there is a borrowing cost involved if you don't hold the short position at the end of the day. The cost is applied as a percentage of the value of the stock shorted at the end of the day.

So if you short 10000 shares and the price is $10 at close, the total value you're shorting is $100,000. If the borrowing cost is 10%, then the annualized fee would be $10,000 - the fee is applied daily, so a bit under $30 per day. If you close the position before the end of the day - then the 10% annual rate would be applied against a zero balance.
    Last edited by Zarpan; 06-02-13 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Fixed math error
    06-02-13 03:50 PM
    I think we are going to have a good week for the SP this week. All based on the feelings I have which are based on the summation of the news. We'll see!
    I want Monday to be red. That way I can buy the last lot of options that I want.

Posted via CB10
    matthewriedle likes this.
    06-02-13 03:57 PM
    I'm very glad at least one was. Mine.
    Apologies for this.

Posted via CB10
    What . . . . the "Shut The Front Door" one?
    06-02-13 03:58 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-02-13 at 04:45 PM.
    06-02-13 04:09 PM
    Wow. I go down the cape for the weekend and come back all hell has broken loose. Relax everyone, I too am a little frustrated but then I remember that Q10 is hitting US shelves this week and a smile comes back to my face.

Long since $7.50 and still couldn't be happier. I hope we don't lose what was built in this thread with the numerous brilliant posters. Thanks everyone.

Keep calm and Bergeron!
    06-02-13 04:38 PM
    Good grief, do any of you have an idea how to short a stock?
    What the hell is with all the comments pertaining to transaction fees, % premiums to short a stock?
    There are none.
    If you are being charged for such then you are being screwed over good.
    The only charges I pay are commissions for trading the stock, long or short, same fee, that's it, that's all.
    No need to carry on this discussion further with hopes of trying to bully your bull position on BB if so and demise those that may be short.
    There is money to me made, lots of it, trading stocks, long and short.
    End of this ridiculous diatribe on surcharges for shorting stocks, albeit maybe in whatever country you are from perhaps such is the order of the day.
    Cheers, BBT

06-02-13 04:49 PM
    Takes a special kind of person to tell a group whose been discussing something for a long time to stop the diatribe. We find shorts offensive...tough...start your own thread on shorting.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 04:56 PM
    long since $7.50, so why not sell when BB was at $18.50 on the bogus run-up taunted by some fool rumored to be buying BB, thereafter false it was, at that time i shorted. heck if long at 7.50 i would have sold a long time ago. however, to each their own.

Wow. I go down the cape for the weekend and come back all hell has broken loose. Relax everyone, I too am a little frustrated but then I remember that Q10 is hitting US shelves this week and a smile comes back to my face.

Long since $7.50 and still couldn't be happier. I hope we don't lose what was built in this thread with the numerous brilliant posters. Thanks everyone.

Keep calm and Bergeron!
    06-02-13 04:56 PM
    long since $7.50, so why not sell when BB was at $18.50 on the bogus run-up taunted by some fool rumored to be buying BB, thereafter false it was, at that time i shorted. heck if long at 7.50 i would have sold a long time ago. however, to each their own.
    Hmmmmm. Let me see.... I'm guessing it's because he, like many of us, and Prem, believe this stock to be heavily undervalued. Also, like myself, he may not be a trader but an investor therefore bought the Stock for long term growth.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 05:04 PM
    In 1999 I bought it at $1.31 and sold it at $227.52 in 2007
    Then I bought is again at $6.22 last September and sold it at $18.32 in January.

Don't doubt my perfect timing.
    Because I'm on internet and everything I say is true.
    06-02-13 05:08 PM
    Takes a special kind of person to tell a group whose been discussing something for a long time to stop the diatribe. We find shorts offensive...tough...start your own thread on shorting.
    I know... peronally, I don't have any idea how to short a stock, hence the questions...
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-02-13 05:08 PM
    I know... peronally, I don't have any idea how to short a stock, hence the questions...
    Ton of info on the web if that's your thing...I short too, but I'm not so OBTUSE as to go onto a forum and mock people that SUPPORT a company and buy some shares to show that support. Hence the "Should Have A Real Thread" for them comment. (Spell out the first letters in parenthesis).
    06-02-13 05:20 PM
    No problem, then say so, no need to come across as a sob slamming those who do.

Rest assured it is as easy as going long, just do the inverse.

Talk to your broker, they can set you up on such.

A profitable investor has accounts to trade both long and short.

For those in Canada, get your funds the hell out of TFSAs and RRSPs, such bullsh-t they are as you cannot margin or short these accounts, both are a scam! Set up only a margin cash account and margin short account, both in CDN and USA funds and go to work, trade the snot out of them. Do not buy and hold. Take the money and run. Always cash overnight / weekend. All imho, works for me

06-02-13 05:22 PM
    Ton of info on the web if that's your thing...I short too, but I'm not so OBTUSE as to go onto a forum and mock people that SUPPORT a company and buy some shares to show that support. Hence the "Should Have A Real Thread" for them comment. (Spell out the first letters in parenthesis).
    Hey Shane, I agree, but on the web it talks about lender's fees.... even on the wiki article he posted. Anyways, enough about this... I'm cleaning out the basement (literally) and am signing out...

Have a good one everyone!
    06-02-13 05:24 PM
    No problem, then say so, no need to come across as a sob slamming those who do.

Rest assured it is as easy as going long, just do the inverse.

Talk to your broker, they can set you up on such.

A profitable investor has accounts to trade both long and short.

For those in Canada, get your funds the hell out of RESPs and RRSPs, such bullsh-t they are as you cannot margin or short these accounts, both are a scam! Set up only a margin cash account and margin short account, both in CDN and USA funds and go to work, trade the snot out of them. Do not buy and hold. Take the money and run. Always cash overnight / weekend. All imho, works for me
    You really should not be telling people how to invest their money and how to manage it. Those are things that each individual decides. Your views are not the only way to make money and you should not be so insistent to others on how they invest.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 05:26 PM
    I want Monday to be red. That way I can buy the last lot of options that I want.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure it will dip first thing.
    06-02-13 05:36 PM
    All right ladies and gentlemen.
    Time for a friendly reminder, first as the OP ( may I say the "host"?) and somehow as one of the CB Ambassadors.

This thread has been driven for almost two years with a remarkable level of educated and even friendly discussions. Tons of.

I for one have been exasperated when I read late - but hopefully deleted - pages of this weekend. I even personally lost control and I must say I'm pretty shamefull.

I would make here two requests :
    - please ban birds names and stick to the subject ; one can strongly disagree but still keep his tongue clean.
    - do not comment or reply to this particular post. There's not much more to talk about.

Thanks for your attention, let's start this week on the good foot now !

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZuG0-jP2g8Y?autoplay=1

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 05:40 PM
    I absolutely agree. The fellow needs to start his own thread. He/She is trying to interrupt the flow of collective wisdom of this group. It would be a shame if the moderators let this individual get away with this.

I suggest the moderators ban him at least after the next ER.

Thanks.
    It is regrettable that some in this thread have called for banning based on the popularity of a member and/or alleged activity outside our forums. CrackBerry does NOT do banning by popular vote or mob rule.

When moderators have (rightly) ignored the demands a few have attempted to provoke a response from the target. Vigilante action and mob rule are unacceptable, and those who attempt it may find themselves on the wrong end of moderator responses. Fortunately the target was smart enough not to take the bait. In fact vigilante action can even delay moderator actions because it is unfair to take action against a member who reacts to provocation. Instead the appropriate moderator response might be to infract the provoker.

The moderators will work within forum rules and we hope/expect other members will respect these rules. If members don't play within the rules, the next stage is warnings and infractions which may escalate into timeouts as documented, and in persistent cases a permanent ban, There is a clearly defined process to follow and it will be applied fairly and impartially, regardless of the opinions held by members who attract unwanted attention. Simply disliking another member's opinion is not grounds for banning or even handing out infractions.
    06-02-13 05:42 PM
    Hey, I wish I had. But only so I could have picked up more shares with the profit. Instead, I'll calmly reiterate what others have supported; I am not waiting for this to hit the high teens. In fact, I still believe that even $18.50 is severely undervalued. I am not a trader, and I certainly do not buy and sell everyday with numerous long and short positions in the same stock like yourself, although I'm still trying to figure out how that makes sense.

I am an investor and I am in for the long haul on BBRY, and one day sir, I will have a good hard laugh at you as I drive away in my lambo.

Good-day.
    06-02-13 05:47 PM
    Well guys, unfortunately this is falling apart. I'm hoping this line of discussion ceases tonight. I'm here for the stock discussion.
    06-02-13 05:50 PM
    Canadian media will likely offer some coverage of the local launch.

Expect some big stock movements tomorrow.
    Which launch Morlock?
    06-02-13 05:57 PM
    Well guys, unfortunately this is falling apart. .
    And that is the entire point isn't it...call it a goal, because that's what it is.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-02-13 05:58 PM
113,256 ... 11541155115611571158 ...