View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    You haven't answere my question. I'm simply asking you what lender fee you are paying in order to short BBRY (or BB, whichever you are trading). Are you being lent these shares for free???
    It seems he is claiming to not pay any lending fees to short shares. Says it's free of cost.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-02-13 11:47 AM
    Where is the best place to buy domain names? I only know of godaddy due to the advertising.
    Please hold off for a while. Already have something in the works. Don't think it's a good idea to share much here for now. PM, if anything.
    06-02-13 11:51 AM
    You guys need to relax a little, you are acting like the anti-Christ joined the thread here. Just skim over his posts or ignore him if you don't like what he's posting.

I'm 24 years old and I feel like I'm hanging around with my little brothers 12 year old friends right now with all the back and forth bickering.
    06-02-13 12:02 PM
    I kinda of know why the BBRY dropped last week. Fear! One of my friends sold some of his holdings Thursday, just because he was so scared that he would lose the little profit he was having. He got in at 13's and sold at 14's. I have to say the slow SP drop did have some impact to some people 's mind. This however reinforces me to hold long for long. Buy when there is fear! Hopefully I am right !

Posted via CB10
    sparkaction and matthewriedle like this.
    06-02-13 12:04 PM
    It seems he is claiming to not pay any lending fees to short shares. Says it's free of cost.
    ah... didn't know that was possible! Seems strange to me, still... why any brokerage/intitution would loan out shares for free is a curious thing.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-02-13 12:07 PM
    Good morning all, it's good to be back home again, even if it's in El Paso. Wow, this thread has really become exciting and I enjoyed the hour it took catching up. I'm not sure what's going on with the SP even with the comments here, but I'm in until at least October. This incident wiped out my reserve so I can't take advantage of the low price which stinks and I'm not sure I want it to stay low just for that purpose. We need something to happen here. Hopefully we get back on track this week. Its good to be posting here again.
    Nice to have you back!
    06-02-13 12:08 PM
    Where is the best place to buy domain names? I only know of godaddy due to the advertising.
    CJ I use http://www.domainsatcost.ca. I think they have a sale going in now as well.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-02-13 12:16 PM
    I reiterate:

cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-02-13 12:23 PM
    I'm not quite fond of the fact that my last post got deleted.

I simply reached out for friendship to bb_t despite the different view on the stock.

I worked in a position where I had to determine who do protect and not.
    I had to be careful not to determine whether one had violated the rules, but whether one had violated peers.

I come to this forum because I find great information of the stock - from great People.
    If it was just for money, then I would be going to professionals where relationship is not necessary.

I was told that rules and regulations were made to protect man and not vice versa.

I wish no one tells me to just get over it and move on. If one has so much respect for the oppressor then it only seem fair to me that the oppressed receive the same.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 12:29 PM
    http://email.seekingalpha.com/track?..._article_title

Conclusion

Based on the performance of BlackBerry 10 and the exploding app market, we can say the Flurry Analytics initiative will improve the sales of the product. Looking at BlackBerry's price multiples, its no-debt status, and its emerging profitability, we can say HOLD the stock for now.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-02-13 12:34 PM

I simply reached out for friendship to bb_t despite the different view on the stock.

I had to be careful not to determine whether one had violated the rules, but whether one had violated peers.

I come to this forum because I find great information of the stock - from great People.
    If it was just for money, then I would be going to professionals where relationship is not necessary.

I was told that rules and regulations were made to protect man and not vice versa.

I wish no one tells me to just get over it and move on. If one has so much respect for the oppressor then it only seem fair to me that the oppressed receive the same.

Posted via CB10
    I hear ya... don't take it personally, though... when doing their jobs, moderators need to use a broad brush to clean up the perceived mess and can't bother nitpicking on what is overtly offensive and otherwise. They just want to eiliminate all the mess and urge us to get on with it.

Edit: after reading what I just posted, I guess it was a fancy way of saying get over it and move on, lol! Sorry. It's more than just a "different view on the stock", imo, as he demonstrated on another forum... but I won't go there since I don't want to continue this, personally.
    Last edited by m0de25; 06-02-13 at 12:56 PM.
    bungaboy and gilmanhlee like this.
    06-02-13 12:40 PM
    I hear ya... don't take it personally, though... when doing their jobs, moderators need to use a broad brush to clean up the perceived mess and can't bother nitpicking on what is overtly offensive and otherwise. They just want to eiliminate all the mess and urge us to get on with it.

Edit: after reading what I just posted, I guess it was a fancy way of saying get over it and move on, lol! Sorry.

I just wish that the mods will give a heed to what the majority are saying.

But thanks for the comment. I didn't know I was a bit emotional until I read your post.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, m0de25 and morganplus8 like this.
    06-02-13 12:55 PM
    Yep, right you are, Andy, fear in light of lack of transparency and history of Q reports, rest assured I have been there with RIM, through the good and bad, and now we are in tandem with the markets at large selling off.

It is only going to get worse, much worse imho. The economy at large sucks as does the phoney bs money printing machine in the USA.

All the best to all regardless if you are bull or bear, each of us have our own reasonings for trading the way we do.

Yes, we will ... know more on the 28th.

As of writing I am in cash, like it that way at the end of each trading day, great Friday I had shorting BB for the most part, yes I was long 1x on Friday, lots of opportunity to make money trading long / short multiple times throughout the day, this is not a buy and hold market more so in light of the era of technology we live in, 24/7 impacting worldly news flashing up on our monitors 24/7 which are market movers, all good with me, bearish overtone I am, not to say I won't trade in a bull suit either if the trend warrants such.

Tomorrow is a new day, starts at 6pm tonight, however, even come the open Wall Street can pull a whipsaw out, such crud that is too. These markets are very dangerous, in particular ETFs which I used to trade, I do not plan to trade these again, in particular natural gas, which lacks creditability in its swings.

Lastly in light of all the noise about %'s charged to short BB, this is all bullsh-t, there is no such thing, just more "fear" talk. I pay the same commission on my trades whether I go long or short on any stock, inexpensive they are.

I kinda of know why the BBRY dropped last week. Fear! One of my friends sold some of his holdings Thursday, just because he was so scared that he would lose the little profit he was having. He got in at 13's and sold at 14's. I have to say the slow SP drop did have some impact to some people 's mind. This however reinforces me to hold long for long. Buy when there is fear! Hopefully I am right !

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 01:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    respect for the oppressor here is totally unjustified
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-02-13 01:13 PM
    I can not understand why CB allows these trolls of which some of them seem to be professionals. BlackBerry is under a corporate fruit /short attack. No sane investor could justify being short BlackBerry at these levels and pay 10% premium to do so. We will see short interest numbers go up over the next two reporting dates.

Posted via CB10
    right on
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    06-02-13 01:17 PM
    What's your definition of short trading, then? Do people let you borrow their shares out of the goodness of their hearts? Please enlighten us.
    don't even feed the trolls
    CDM76, bungaboy and Branta like this.
    06-02-13 01:19 PM
    Brokerage firms are in the business of making money, lots of money. There is no risk to a brokerage firm loaning shares for others to short. If all the shorted shares were called in at the same time brokerage firms themselves could not cover all. Brokerage firms too have collateral to back such if it were to occur. In order to short or trade on margin you must be credit worthy, have collateral, etc. The brokerage firms make their money on commissions, many day traders trade very actively through the day, long and short, so at say $14 round trip x 12 round trip trades per day, which is not uncommon, in fact many trade many more times, I know of some who trade 150 round trips per day = $14 x 12 round trips = $168 per day in commission x 1,000,000's of clients around the world doing such this amounts to a lot of revenue per day for brokerage firms. Rest assured if there was a premium, 10% as some have posted, ha!, there would be no trading, long or short, ever. Traders are flipping their positions for a fraction of a % at times, not buying and holding looking for a 1% to 5+% gain. Day traders are trading high volume, not a 100 shares. Typical high volume day traders need less than one penny movement in a stock to make a profit. Take the money and run, wash, rinse and repeat. It is not uncommon at all to swing from long to short and back and forth throughout the day, not always with the same stock.

ah... didn't know that was possible! Seems strange to me, still... why any brokerage/intitution would loan out shares for free is a curious thing.
    06-02-13 01:21 PM
    You guys need to relax a little, you are acting like the anti-Christ joined the thread here. Just skim over his posts or ignore him if you don't like what he's posting.

I'm 24 years old and I feel like I'm hanging around with my little brothers 12 year old friends right now with all the back and forth bickering.
    well yes there is a problem, but i suggest you identified the wrong problem
    06-02-13 01:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Post welcoming bb_trader was deleted not especial impressed, takes way more away from the experience than BlackBerry trader ever did.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 01:44 PM
    Yep, right you are, Andy, fear in light of lack of transparency and history of Q reports, rest assured I have been there with RIM, through the good and bad, and now we are in tandem with the markets at large selling off.

It is only going to get worse, much worse imho. The economy at large sucks as does the phoney bs money printing machine in the USA.

All the best to all regardless if you are bull or bear, each of us have our own reasonings for trading the way we do.

Yes, we will ... know more on the 28th.

As of writing I am in cash, like it that way at the end of each trading day, great Friday I had shorting BB for the most part, yes I was long 1x on Friday, lots of opportunity to make money trading long / short multiple times throughout the day, this is not a buy and hold market more so in light of the era of technology we live in, 24/7 impacting worldly news flashing up on our monitors 24/7 which are market movers, all good with me, bearish overtone I am, not to say I won't trade in a bull suit either if the trend warrants such.

Tomorrow is a new day, starts at 6pm tonight, however, even come the open Wall Street can pull a whipsaw out, such crud that is too. These markets are very dangerous, in particular ETFs which I used to trade, I do not plan to trade these again, in particular natural gas, which lacks creditability in its swings.

Lastly in light of all the noise about %'s charged to short BB, this is all bullsh-t, there is no such thing, just more "fear" talk. I pay the same commission on my trades whether I go long or short on any stock, inexpensive they are.
    I get the impression you do not even know what shorting a stock is. It is not just a trade and definitely not free. You pay to borrow, always.

Kinda of like your description that you short and long all the time during the same day. I do not understand, and I am pretty sure you don't either.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 01:49 PM
    I have been shorting BB and more for many years without any concern and without ever paying a premium to do so, likewise trading long. I have never paid anything to borrow, never will. I pay the same commission shorting as I do longing. Rest assured I well understand how to trade long and short. There is no fear in doing either or added expense.

You are posting incorrect comments BBIP about BBT's disposition. If you are shorting and being charged a premium to do so that is your misfortune, however, I suspect that is not the case in light of you never having shorted a stock. All the best with your investing BBIP. End of story as it relates to anyone paying a premium to short a stock.

I get the impression you do not even know what shorting a stock is. It is not just a trade and definitely not free. You pay to borrow, always. Kinda of like your description that you short and long all the time during the same day. I do not understand, and I am pretty sure you don't either. Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 02:09 PM
    Taken in Cairo, Egypt this afternoon iys a supermarket called seoudi since 1938. And it just renewed this month.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 02:15 PM
    I have been shorting BB and more for many years without any concern and without ever paying a premium to do so, likewise trading long. I have never paid anything to borrow, never will. I pay the same commission shorting as I do longing. Rest assured I well understand how to trade long and short. There is no fear in doing either or added expense.

You are posting incorrect comments BBIP about BBT's disposition. If you are shorting and being charged a premium to do so that is your misfortune, however, I suspect that is not the case in light of you never having shorted a stock. All the best with your investing BBIP. End of story as it relates to anyone paying a premium to short a stock.
    Umm, that is just incorrect. As I stated you don't know what a short of a stock is. Always a cost to borrow, not a premium, just how it works. You should know this if you ar giving advice.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    06-02-13 02:31 PM
    Fear certainly is quite powerful. But agreed, great for us longs!

I was averaged at 11.8, but have nearly tripled my position at 14 during the dip on Friday. Plus also holding a 2015 Jan 15 call.

I find fear to be less relevant when your belief in the company is stronger than fear itself.

GLTA!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 02:54 PM
    Umm, that is just incorrect. As I stated you don't know what a short of a stock is. Always a cost to borrow, not a premium, just how it works. You should know this if you ar giving advice. Posted via CB10
    Whatever, BBIP, like I posted, end of story. Good luck with your trades. Cheers,
    06-02-13 03:24 PM
113,256 ... 11531154115511561157 ...