View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I can appreciate that but I have a different point of view. BB is Fairfax's largest investment. Since people put their money in their hands to manage, do you not think that they would want some sort of assurance as to the state of their investment? He does, in fact, answer to his clients so that is why I think that he could (and I know that he is no dummy) want to have an increase in sp to put his clients at ease. If I had money with them, and was simply reading the day to day, and saw the drop in price over the last 2 weeks, I'd be asking questions of my advisor.
    Fairfax is an insurance company with a Berkshire Hathaway like businesses model.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 07:49 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img-20130530-wa002.jpg

If you're not there, screen share! :-)

@ Old Street, London

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 07:56 PM
    Ok.. realised my mistake but I'm sure you'll forgive me :-) I'm posting this from Brazil through a friend from London..

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 07:58 PM
    Yes sir... I've got that disk hiding somewhere around here too
    Disk? Mine is vinyl. LoL
    05-31-13 08:00 PM
    Thanks M8...calming reassurance's are needed. I love your forecast for next year as well (given early today or yesterday?).
    Just like there are usually five benches down we will (should) enjoy five benches up...look at your middle chart from tonight...five down to last summers low, five definable benches up to our YTD high.

Thank you again...now, Grey Goose lime wedge squished into glass and some mix...ah yes.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 08:08 PM
    Fairfax is an insurance company with a Berkshire Hathaway like businesses model.

Posted via CB10
    Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited is a financial services holding company whose corporate objective is to achieve a high rate of return on invested capital and build long term shareholder value. The company has been under present management since September 1985.

I was wrong in what I said... I should have meant if I were to invest in a company that is investing capital in others, and by doing so would directly influence my holdings, I would have questions as to the strategies of said company.
    Shanerredflag and OMGitworks like this.
    05-31-13 08:25 PM
    I think the inventory buildup is likely due to bbry getting ready for their USA launch. Thus, the reason for production being in excess of sell through. Actually, isn't this a normal phenomenon unless your production facilities are just-in-time?
    Bbry is now a lean manufacturer. If they were over manufacturing, they would not increase production, they would slow it. God, do people still think that this is RIMM with the PlayBook fiasco and writeoff?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 08:47 PM
    Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited is a financial services holding company whose corporate objective is to achieve a high rate of return on invested capital and build long term shareholder value. The company has been under present management since September 1985.

I was wrong in what I said... I should have meant if I were to invest in a company that is investing capital in others, and by doing so would directly influence my holdings, I would have questions as to the strategies of said company.
    Ya, I thought you thought what you just said you thought but I thought you thought the other thought.

Trying to make brains implode, one brain at a time.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 08:52 PM
    Bbry is now a lean manufacturer. If they were over manufacturing, they would not increase production, they would slow it. God, do people still think that this is RIMM with the PlayBook fiasco and writeoff?

Posted via CB10
    They just needed a story. I'm pretty sure that factual accuracy was the least of their concerns.
    05-31-13 08:52 PM
    They just needed a story. I'm pretty sure that factual accuracy was the least of their concerns.
    I know, but it isn't even remotely rooted in fact. I just don't understand how these people have jobs that provably pay six figures.

Posted via CB10
    Scott Lefebvre and bungaboy like this.
    05-31-13 08:54 PM
    I so want to start a website that does nothing but point out blatant lies.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 08:55 PM
    I know, but it isn't even remotely rooted in fact. I just don't understand how these people have jobs that provably pay six figures.

Posted via CB10
    Haha...look at the guys picture...if this was 1985 at college he would be the dude selling "party favors" out of the bathroom at party's.
    Nothing credible there, but prove who gained and prove the link...there is the problem.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    05-31-13 08:59 PM
    I so want to start a website that does nothing but point out blatant lies.

Posted via CB10
    I will be your first "add to favorites".

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-31-13 09:00 PM
    Who ask this guy to share his opinion on BlackBerry every few weeks, everyone knows the game and longs will not give up. The other stupid thing about his report that most BlackBerry components are interchangeable meaning parts for z10, q10 can be used in q5 so no waste, over supply, over order issues.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-31-13 09:15 PM
    Thanks Morgan!

Ok guys, have a good weekend. I have to believe BB will be up and away within the next month with the ER... Until then, I'll just sit back and relax!

Ganbatte (Good Luck!)
    05-31-13 09:23 PM
    Thank you, Morgan!

Man, it would be scary to see it drop to $13.65. What if it drops even more?

Lock and load to buy in the dip again for, I guess. My average is $14.39 now. Hopefully, that rally becomes a reality as you described. What keeps me long so far is the fact that the stoch RSI is at the bottom, and soon, it will curve upward. When it does and becomes overbought, maybe we will break out of this pennant.
    05-31-13 09:46 PM
    05-31-13 10:21 PM
    Here are my charts:

The hourly: we did have a mini rally, unfortunately, the drop was about as strong as the mini rally. Fortunately, the day ended with it at the bottom. However, it is not 100% bottom; maybe 85%, and this relates to what Morgan said about anticipating 2 more days of drop to $13.65. As you can see, it almost take 1 full day of trading to complete a down up down cycle of the stoch. RSI.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbryugh.jpg

The daily chart: If we didn't drop today, then yesterday was a good setup as a beginning of another rally. As mentioned in the hourly chart, it dropped as fast as it went up. We broke the two of the three support lines (blue and pink) today, and trending with the red line. The orange line is, I think, our third support line, which is what Morgan shows in his last chart--the one that shows the extreme pull back range. If this breaks--it doesn't bounce at $13.65--then I would be speechless... You will probably see a candle turning into a cartoonish flag that reads "Is this for real, doc?"

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbryugh2.jpg

The zoomed daily chart: $13.65 right on June 4th, what a coincidence.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbryugh3.jpg

At this point, we, longs, just have to watch this fall, until $13.65 to see it bounce. It is hellishly frustrating. I will stay long with this stock to see it touches $13.65, and will be ready to buy at $13.65. There is always a risk of it going under $13.65, but based on what I can tell, and especially what Morgan has shared with us, the TA alone screams "I am freaking oversold; get me out of here!"

More importantly, Blackberry is not going out of business, and the next ER will report a full quarter of phones sold. If this stock needs to drop to $13.65, then let's see it. One to two months from now, this stock may be in the early $20 range. When this happens, I am sure, some will say that Blackberry is still going out of business.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbryugh.jpg  
    05-31-13 10:33 PM
    If anything the complete opposite of his argument is the truth. People have consistently complained about lack of supply and A pushed back US launch. There is zero evidence that the BB10 product is sitting on the shelves somewhere.
    Love this guys "Hypothetical" scenarios that's all he's got!
    To believe this guy on the one thing we have limited views into "Supply Chain" we would have to believe that BlackBerry is totally screwing up the management of that end of the business (Thor's previous area of management) and lying to us at the same time, re 10 of millions expected sales for the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Scott Lefebvre like this.
    05-31-13 10:59 PM
    Unforunately I would agree based on checks at my local Walmarts - where it appears the same number of boxes are sitting behind the glass shelf week after week. Not that many people buy smartphones from Walmart, though, but still I am worried about that.
    Do you like hang around Walmart for day and weeks on end watching their shelf stocking patterns? Interesting thesis.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 11:32 PM
    My theory is that this stock does not follow any common sense.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-31-13 11:46 PM
    06-01-13 12:51 AM
    Disk? Mine is vinyl. LoL
    More likely on tape for me!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 01:49 AM
    Ok. That's Saturday and we have our first day of full sun since ... dammit I cannot remember.

So... let's **** anal-ists and WS for today!

WE'RE SO LONG WE CAN WAIT.

Posted via CB10

Edit : Ooops ... (but, isn't that time we clean the house? Wondering how viral we can go here... call the Anonymous? Ah, naming them is enough... their ears are stronger than uncle sam's)
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000622.png  
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-01-13 at 05:54 AM.
    bungaboy, MrBurns2U, jxnb and 1 others like this.
    06-01-13 02:00 AM
    Karma?

Yahoo's Email Hacking Problem Starts To Hurt As Major Telecom Provider Ditches The Service

Huffington Post

Friday, May 31, 2013 6:10 PM GMT

A British telecom company says it will no longer make Yahoo Mail the default email service for its 6 million customers due to concerns their accounts are vulnerable to getting hacked.

“We will be switching customers’ email over to BT Mail, which will include the features and functions they expect from a modern email service,” said Nick Wong, online director for British Telecom’s consumer division, according to The Telegraph.

The shift of BT's 6 million customers to another email service represents just a small fraction of Yahoo's overall email customer base of about 280 million people worldwide. But the loss of clients could be a troubling sign for a company that relies heavily on maintaining its email users to generate advertising revenue. Yahoo is now the third-largest email provider after Google’s Gmail and Microsoft’s Outlook.com.

As part of her bid to revive the fading Web giant, Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer in December unveiled a redesign of Yahoo Mail aimed at making the service more sleek and user-friendly.

But Yahoo Mail has still been plagued by security vulnerabilities, and many customers have been under assault from hackers. They have complained of an increase in spam sent to their contacts and being locked out of their accounts by hackers who hijacked their passwords.

In one incident reported in January, hackers were able to access accounts by sending a malicious link to victims' inboxes. Yahoo said it has since fixed the security flaw.

Chester Wisniewski, a senior adviser at the security firm Sophos, said Yahoo's hacking problem stems partly from the company's decision not to implement two-factor authentication -- a feature that sends additional one-time passwords to users' cell phones to make their online accounts more difficult to hack. Gmail and Outlook.com currently offer two-factor authentication.

"Yahoo is the only one that doesn't have the ability to warn you that somebody else has accessed your account," Wisniewski said. "If I were advising a friend who needed a free email account, I'd say stay away from Yahoo."

A Yahoo spokesperson did not respond to a request for comment.

Wisniewski said Yahoo may stand to lose more email customers, but he questioned whether security concerns about the service would greatly affect the company's overall performance.

"People wil be upset about this and Yahoo will lose more clients, but will they have a mass exodus that has an impact on their revenue? I doubt it," he said. "People are too lazy" to switch email providers, he said.

Gerry Smith
    06-01-13 07:01 AM
113,256 ... 11481149115011511152 ...