View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Unbearable works when you're looking to add...lol
    It's more so that other stocks around it have been flying 10%-20% in the time where I'm watching BBRY down 10%-20% in my port. I'll keep adding on dips and it keeps dipping.
    05-31-13 12:43 PM
    Early dip.
    05-31-13 12:47 PM
    Well, this went sour quick...
    Bugmapper and Charles Martin1 like this.
    05-31-13 12:47 PM
    Skipping along the bottom... I think I'm with Greg on this one.... done thinking about this until ER.
    Well, this went sour quick...
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-31-13 12:48 PM
    Yup.... short interest at the end of the day will be upwards of 190 million.
    Charles Martin1 and Bugmapper like this.
    05-31-13 12:54 PM
    Skipping along the bottom... I think I'm with Greg on this one.... done thinking about this until ER.
    I'm still watching because I want some more cheap ones.
    Bugmapper and plasmid_boy like this.
    05-31-13 12:54 PM
    I'm out, unfortunately - liquidated what I had left long on Tuesday and bought $14.50 calls, hedged against $15's - both are near worthless unless I can get a rally - and even then, I've lost 80% or more...
    I've been unemployed (consulting p/t, but not F/T work for 17-months now) - and while I've made enough money to keep me afloat for quite some time, since March, I've lost my *** on $BBRY and others... so I'll be here - and rooting for you guys, but I'm dead broke - nothing more to lose, thus nothing to gain.

Wish me luck in my search!
    05-31-13 12:55 PM
    Damn heavy sell volume, trying to push it into the 13's.
    05-31-13 12:56 PM
    It's more so that other stocks around it have been flying 10%-20% in the time where I'm watching BBRY down 10%-20% in my port. I'll keep adding on dips and it keeps dipping.
    Yip. I bought a few shares of HMY at $3.65 the other day. Sold them this morning. It's been a pretty good week overall.
    05-31-13 12:58 PM
    I'm out, unfortunately - liquidated what I had left long on Tuesday and bought $14.50 calls, hedged against $15's - both are near worthless unless I can get a rally - and even then, I've lost 80% or more...
    I've been unemployed (consulting p/t, but not F/T work for 17-months now) - and while I've made enough money to keep me afloat for quite some time, since March, I've lost my *** on $BBRY and others... so I'll be here - and rooting for you guys, but I'm dead broke - nothing more to lose, thus nothing to gain.

Risky game trying to beat the shorts without real news which will be DOD decision on MDM and the er. I'm playing July calls and looking to add probably a boatload of Jan 2014 calls I'm confident after 3 earnings reports things will be more than fine I think 40 by january.
    tygros likes this.
    05-31-13 01:01 PM

Sorry to hear tygros. All the best.
    05-31-13 01:03 PM
    Bring em on down to the slaughter house. We've been waiting for em.
    cjcampbell and morganplus8 like this.
    05-31-13 01:05 PM
    What the hell where is the news? Did I miss something or is it just options Friday?
    05-31-13 01:05 PM
    Be nice to hear about a partnership at the close.
    05-31-13 01:07 PM
    Is TSX short interest updated today? Nasdaq short interest isn't updated today, as far as I know; we got our update last Friday, and that will have to last us until the 11th.
    Short Interest Reporting Due Dates - FINRA
    05-31-13 01:07 PM
    What the hell where is the news? Did I miss something or is it just options Friday?
    I think somebody wants somebody else to lose but they're out of their minds.
    matthewriedle likes this.
    05-31-13 01:08 PM
    Risky game trying to beat the shorts without real news which will be DOD decision on MDM and the er. I'm playing July calls and looking to add probably a boatload of Jan 2014 calls I'm confident after 3 earnings reports things will be more than fine I think 40 by january.
    What Jan 2014 strike looks good with little risk? Thinking 8 or 12 or 14. Already have a bunch of 8 but I got those cheap a while back.
    05-31-13 01:08 PM
    Is TSX short interest updated today? Nasdaq short interest isn't updated today, as far as I know; we got our update last Friday, and that will have to last us until the 11th.
    Short Interest Reporting Due Dates - FINRA
    Neither are updated today but today is the last day of the reporting period.
    05-31-13 01:09 PM
    Not much resistance in this tug o war. The bulls must be enjoying the weather...too hot to run today.
    05-31-13 01:13 PM
    Not much resistance in this tug o war. The bulls must be enjoying the weather...too hot to run today.
    lol.. no ****. Gotta hand it to the bears though... they are doing what they wanted and doing it well. I don't for a second believe it will last and they are most definitely in for a world of hurt, but for now, they are on top of things.
    05-31-13 01:16 PM
    lol.. no ****. Gotta hand it to the bears though... they are doing what they wanted and doing it well. I don't for a second believe it will last and they are most definitely in for a world of hurt, but for now, they are on top of things.
    They are definitely in for a world of hurt. I just hope that they let me kiss $13.50 next week before we launch.
    05-31-13 01:17 PM
    Ok tell me, is BB10 devices doing well or not? give me numbers..... Please pull one of those single past ER reports you talk about so smugly and provide me with details on how many units the Z10 and Q10 have sold. I'll be waiting..

I sure as hell don't know, and it sounds like a hell of a lot of other people don't know either, and maybe that's why the stock price is stuck in this range.
    capper96!!

Well, I totally agree with your assessment of the past few months, but we all need to step back and enjoy some of the triumphs here! We only know that 2.1 million Z10 phones have shipped from BlackBerry out to the carriers, we know some nice BES10 deals have been done, and, we know that some businesses love the new BlackBerries.

We also know that short interest has gone through the roof, like no other short position in the world today when you factor in Canada and shares held in strong hands. We can safely say that the media has killed this stock with countless bad articles along the way. With that information, I would think we would be lucky if we were up at all this year, and not making 52 week lows.

Now for the good news! We know the product is excellent, while we haven't heard of any Q10 numbers to date, they must have sold some of them because carriers tell us they are selling and we rank well at Rogers, Costco and the like. We also know that BB has tons of cash and the advertising campaign is getting into full swing now. What the market is missing here is a reason to rise their 12-month targets, we don't have any data or hard EPS numbers to toss around. The stock itself is making higher lows every single month. Even though those who bought it under $ 7.00 have a very good reason to sell it today, we are higher every single month too. We also have that huge short position which likely took $ 4.00/shr out of the current price of the stock.

And so I totally agree with you, there has been no news that would drive this stock to continuously higher levels then one would expect if there was no short position taking out the upside potential. Until the shorts throw in the towel, we are likely to have modest rallies followed by shorts trying to save their butts. All of this will end in a most spectacular way in due time. Many of us are here for that spectacular rally, not so much the 10 - 20% movements of other plays today. Hang tough and relax, we are still in the second inning.
    05-31-13 01:17 PM
    Easy with the trigger finger there capper. We don't jump on eachother in here. We can disagree and challenge one another but not with aggression. We are all here for the same reason and a LOT of us are here daily because of the sheer quality of this thread and the fact that we all get along without antagonistic posts.

I'm not saying not to post and disagree with Gregg, but simply to choose the words differently as to provoke conversation, not an argument.
    I apologize and understand where you are coming from. Sorry for the bad reply, I think my dog peed in my Cheerios this morning
    05-31-13 01:18 PM
    If this runs, prepare for a lot of pain as stops will get taken out.
    05-31-13 01:19 PM
    Jeepers... one more sell off will drop it sub 14
    05-31-13 01:19 PM
113,256 ... 11401141114211431144 ...