View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Oh now stop being cranky. We knew this would be tough, but most things of value are. Patience, our time will come.

Posted via CB10
    It's going to come sooner than we think too.

One thing I'm surprised isn't mentioned on here more often is the adoption of BB10 devices by Verizon employees. This is going to be such a huge catalyst in the long run it's not even funny. All the stuck up apple and droid fan boy employees are being "forced" to try out these new devices that they would have otherwise dismissed. They will undoubtedly see how great these phones are and will be more willing to push them on customers.
    05-31-13 11:22 AM
    If you're looking at short term trades, you are right for the time being. If you are looking at a long position, I would tend to disagree.
    Maybe September is too early to pull the plug but if we're still at $15 I don't think it's going to be that hard of a decision.
    BThunderW and La Emperor like this.
    05-31-13 11:31 AM
    Its posts like this that just crack me up. Do you also rip up your lotto ticket before all the numbers have been drawn as well? We do not even know if BBRY is doing well or not, hence maybe that's what an Earnings Report is for?

IMO if you are long BBRY you should be buying right now, no question. If you are Short BBRY you should be covering right now and waiting for the pre ER hype to drive the price back up and then short again around 16.
    LOL! Thanks for those valuable words.

I have seen more ER reports from Blackberry that I want to remember and your memory must be very short if you think a good ER report will launch BBRY into the stars.

I really need to take a rest from this place, yall watch the farm, OK?

See ya after the ER.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-31-13 11:32 AM
    I think this is the expected behaviour that the volatility in the stock is decreasing. We are in fact in a pennant formation that will break up or down. My guess is up. Its up to you if you want to be around for that or not. If you're looking for day trading this is most likely is not your stock anymore. And if the fundamentals keep strong in the next earnings then it will continue to lose its volatility most likely in favour of the longs.

Posted via CB10

That's what I'm holding for...I'm just adding on the dips now.

I'm thinking that it's probably a more likely scenario that we sit around $17-18 after the June ER and that September will be confirmation time that sends us up, up, and up.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    05-31-13 11:37 AM
    Lower next week folks so hold off any purchases yet. At least, that's what I'm doing. That little manipulated run had a lot of us going but I have to admit that it's tiresome to see either the bears or the bulls facking around with the SP. They haven't fooled this old donkey....lol
    05-31-13 11:58 AM
    I think we were having this same discussion and price points last ER and it didnt happen. I am a little more optimistic this time but both eyes are wide open...
    05-31-13 12:04 PM

I have seen more ER reports from Blackberry that I want to remember and your memory must be very short if you think a good ER report will launch BBRY into the stars.

See ya after the ER.
    If you do take a rest, please come back. We need you. Too much koolaide here for our own good sometimes.

Most, if not all of us, recognize that this is a freakin' amazing thread, when you compare it to anything else we have seen. (It is in my case anyway.) I guess one of the biggest problems is what was said earlier, that people are here for different reasons, and that makes it both great and difficult. It gives us one single clearinghouse of information, but it also makes us sort through stuff we may not feel like reading, or want to hear. Sometimes I think it would be good to have multiple threads for different types of investors (Longs, shorts, days, swings, bulls, bears, small-timers, big-timers, etc.) but then we would lose everything we have here. In the end, I think everyone would gravitate back to this thread anyway.
    05-31-13 12:05 PM

See ya after the ER.
    Ok tell me, is BB10 devices doing well or not? give me numbers..... Please pull one of those single past ER reports you talk about so smugly and provide me with details on how many units the Z10 and Q10 have sold. I'll be waiting..

I sure as hell don't know, and it sounds like a hell of a lot of other people don't know either, and maybe that's why the stock price is stuck in this range.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    05-31-13 12:05 PM
    I think we were having this same discussion and price points last ER and it didnt happen. I am a little more optimistic this time but both eyes are wide open...
    Same here. A 25% run up would be nice to ER but I would like to see the SP make a meaningful move upward a couple of dollars to establish a new floor.
    05-31-13 12:08 PM
    CM1 maybe we were wrong about our creative director yesterday?

Sarah Dean: Why I'm Fallin' for Alicia Keys Over Beyonce
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    05-31-13 12:11 PM
    If you do take a rest, please come back. We need you. Too much koolaide here for our own good sometimes.

Most, if not all of us, recognize that this is a freakin' amazing thread, when you compare it to anything else we have seen. (It is in my case anyway.) I guess one of the biggest problems is what was said earlier, that people are here for different reasons, and that makes it both great and difficult. It gives us one single clearinghouse of information, but it also makes us sort through stuff we may not feel like reading, or want to hear. Sometimes I think it would be good to have multiple threads for different types of investors (Longs, shorts, days, swings, bulls, bears, small-timers, big-timers, etc.) but then we would lose everything we have here. In the end, I think everyone would gravitate back to this thread anyway.

I like the mix. You don't want too many of the same kind of people or you will suffer group think and likely lose a bundle.

I think our discussions take us to the right place. Got to have balance.
    05-31-13 12:12 PM
    CM1 maybe we were wrong about our creative director yesterday?

Sarah Dean: Why I'm Fallin' for Alicia Keys Over Beyonce
    Yum, but I like a little more meat on the bones.
    take99 likes this.
    05-31-13 12:14 PM
    Ok tell me, is BB10 devices doing well or not? give me numbers..... Please pull one of those single past ER reports you talk about so smugly and provide me with details on how many units the Z10 and Q10 have sold. I'll be waiting..

I sure as hell don't know, and it sounds like a hell of a lot of other people don't know either, and maybe that's why the stock price is stuck in this range.
    Easy with the trigger finger there capper. We don't jump on eachother in here. We can disagree and challenge one another but not with aggression. We are all here for the same reason and a LOT of us are here daily because of the sheer quality of this thread and the fact that we all get along without antagonistic posts.

I'm not saying not to post and disagree with Gregg, but simply to choose the words differently as to provoke conversation, not an argument.
    05-31-13 12:14 PM
    Easy with the trigger finger there capper. We don't jump on eachother in here. We can disagree and challenge one another but not with aggression. We are all here for the same reason and a LOT of us are here daily because of the sheer quality of this thread and the fact that we all get along without antagonistic posts.

I'm not saying not to post and disagree with Gregg, but simply to choose the words differently as to provoke conversation, not an argument.
    Exactly. Good healthy debate is what we're aiming for here.

Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-31-13 12:20 PM
    New LOD just now, I think we are breaking trend and headed lower until ER.
    05-31-13 12:23 PM
    It looks as though the past two days have canceled each other and we're back en route to some southern destination. I hope to God that someone with influence doesn't let this drought carry on too much longer.
    05-31-13 12:26 PM
    If this thing goes to $14 or under, I'm seriously going to add to my pot.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-31-13 12:31 PM
    I added at $14.28 a couple of days ago and am holding off for anything more until somewhere in the $13s.
    05-31-13 12:34 PM

See ya after the ER.

Greg, i'm sure you've been on board through many BB ERs, but we're on a different sailboat with BB10 are we not? So, by my count we've only just had one ER with this "10 year OS" and it wasn't even a full quarter with BB10.

Have Thor & company slammed it out of the park, though? No (!) not by a long shot with the joke of a launch presentation, staggered product availability esp in US, reports of rebooting_z10 (my boss's reboots often), & app gap... *THAT * is why we are staggering at the moment, this is what gave bears energy to continue on and it will take at least 1 or 2 BB10 ERs to correct course.

So, let's see where the next few ERs lead us. We have an exciting few months ahead now with potential big name partners that are already trickling in, as well as more hardware developments and untapped software features (Cross platform BBM, BB Link, etc). There really is some great potential with the upcoming ERs unlike in the last few years with an uncompetitive product.

If you really are taking a break from the thread, take care and see ya later!
    Last edited by m0de25; 05-31-13 at 12:59 PM.
    05-31-13 12:35 PM
    Adding pot? What a great idea
    m0de25, bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    05-31-13 12:35 PM
    Adding pot? What a great idea
    Mmm...munchies anyone? lol
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-31-13 12:37 PM
    I'm getting killed day to day on BBRY. I need to stop the daily plays but this is getting close to unbearable to watch.
    05-31-13 12:40 PM
    I'm getting killed day to day on BBRY. I need to stop the daily plays but this is getting close to unbearable to watch.
    Unbearable works when you're looking to add...lol
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    05-31-13 12:42 PM
    Please don't break the pink line. The 60m stoch. rsi is in play right now. Hopefully, as it reached bottom, it doesn't break the pink line.

05-31-13 12:42 PM
    I wouldn't even attempt to day trade this sucker. The swings are too shallow and the daily direction is too unknown.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    05-31-13 12:43 PM
113,256 ... 11391140114111421143 ...