View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Markets are picking up...BBRY going to go with the flow or be the contrarian again?
    05-31-13 10:14 AM
    These could be the final days for the shorts to make their last stand. If the Q10 gets positive news in the States along with some big enterprise/goverment announcements, and Verizon updates the Z10 to 10.1, maybe we won't have to wait for the QE June 28 for a big breakout upwards. And I predict it will be a blowout quarter. The evidence indicates that BBRY is selling very well in Canada. It's doing well overall internationally but unsure to what extent compared to Canada. Without more American loving, BBRY will have to prove itself quarter over quarter and market to market but I still believe it will eventually be trading between $20-40 within a year. The US is such a big market that if BBRY can get a 5% market share then $20-$40 is like money in the bank. Anything more than 5% and it'll get ugly,.. for the shorts.
    You must be joking. Even a good ER will not stop the shorts or the bears. We have waited for such good news and it comes and goes and BBRY keeps doing nothing.
    05-31-13 10:17 AM
    You must be joking. Even a good ER will not stop the shorts or the bears. We have waited for such good news and it comes and goes and BBRY keeps doing nothing.
    September is my goodbye date if nothing by then but I can't see it going sour.
    BThunderW likes this.
    05-31-13 10:21 AM
    September is my goodbye date if nothing by then but I can't see it going sour.
    Charles, I could not blame you. I lost and them made some good money with Blackberry but I see those opportunities being limited now. We are hardly seeing a 50 cent swing and the shorts gobble up the progress. If BBRY even gets close to $15 the bears will come in so quickly to feed you will not have time to get out of the way.

I love this place but it is getting tiring watching the same old BBRY performance everyday. People are always hanging their hat on the next ER and I have watched many come and go with little of even BAD results!

After a while you got to wonder if your/our money could do better elsewhere!
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-31-13 10:28 AM
    shorts are out to frustrate the longs. They want you to throw in the towel so to speak so they can profit in this no news cycle. Hold on tight as this is a battle of epic porportions.
    05-31-13 10:30 AM
    Charles, I could not blame you. I lost and them made some good money with Blackberry but I see those opportunities being limited now. We are hardly seeing a 50 cent swing and the shorts gobble up the progress. If BBRY even gets close to $15 the bears will come in so quickly to feed you will not have time to get out of the way.

I love this place but it is getting tiring watching the same old BBRY performance everyday. People are always hanging their hat on the next ER and I have watched many come and go with little of even BAD results!

If you're looking at short term trades, you are right for the time being. If you are looking at a long position, I would tend to disagree.
    05-31-13 10:32 AM

I think this is the expected behaviour that the volatility in the stock is decreasing. We are in fact in a pennant formation that will break up or down. My guess is up. Its up to you if you want to be around for that or not. If you're looking for day trading this is most likely is not your stock anymore. And if the fundamentals keep strong in the next earnings then it will continue to lose its volatility most likely in favour of the longs.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    05-31-13 10:38 AM
    Some days I think I'm reading a board for people with bipolar disorder.
    fedakd, morganplus8 and Aham1984 like this.
    05-31-13 10:38 AM
    If you're looking at short term trades, you are right for the time being. If you are looking at a long position, I would tend to disagree.
    Each person here has their own methods and goals.

You can not blame BBRY's woes solely on the shorts. It is easy to blame the shorts but there are other factors involved here.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-31-13 10:40 AM
    Like this ?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-austin-powers1.jpg
    Oh yeah, disorderedness is sooo grooovvayy, babe.

P.S: back in the green b4 2 P.M
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-31-13 10:41 AM
    Welcome to the forum!
    05-31-13 10:42 AM
    Tmobile has had sales open of the q10 for about a month already for business customers for those of you wondering earlier where those sales came from.
    bungaboy, fedakd, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    05-31-13 10:43 AM
    If I'm not mistaken - Q10 is not set to sell until first week of june (5-6th) on most carriers. I don't believe they are available for purchase, only pre-order.

Cheers
    Businesses since May 14th.
    fedakd and Compaqee like this.
    05-31-13 10:48 AM
    Btw, I'm seeing more and more Z10 and Q10 in the wild as time passes. I was watching TV last night and Rogers BB commercials were on in every single break,. 4 BB commercials in an hour. If only Bell and Telus gave the same kind of support, it seems they only put out commercials for a couple weeks after a product release.
    Yes, I'm starting to see a lot of BlackBerry ads out there now, from national TV all the way down to local (small town) radio plugs. I'm very glad to see it, but I know that money is coming from somewhere. Do I remember correctly that TH said they would have +$2b this quarter in reserves, or was that the last quarter?

Also, I was busy last night and this morning so I couldn't really check the thread that much until now. Holy Mackeral! Youz Guyz (and gal) talk a lot!
    05-31-13 10:48 AM
    shorts are out to frustrate the longs. They want you to throw in the towel so to speak so they can profit in this no news cycle. Hold on tight as this is a battle of epic porportions.
    yesterday and today pre-market made some higher highs, right now testing yesterday's lows, if that holds and if the day ends on a positive note, then we have a new uptrend. of course it is Friday options day, so they might like to frustrate the $14 call option holders as well.
    05-31-13 10:49 AM
    Thinking aloud here, but I do see a possibility of short squeeze with the June ER and IF
    the numbers are really really good. My reasons....
    *There'll be some who get in on the action closer
    to the ER date driving the buying side volume up. Giving a boost to the SP
    *BBRY is listed as a good short squeeze candidate, so it's getting good internet airplay and thereby attracting short term buyers.
    *There's still the possibility of a big buyer coming in closer to the ER to aid as another trigger.
    *There's a concerted amount of bear action trying to keep this thing under $15. (more hard work, hinting their worries)
    sigh (internal pep talk for the day) lol

edited to add: if anything is going to take it flying up, it'll be a synergistic effort for sure.
    05-31-13 10:50 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	austin-powers1.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	3.4 KB 
ID:	167080
    Another product of Canada that is highly underrated!
    05-31-13 10:53 AM
    05-31-13 10:56 AM
    Oh now stop being cranky. We knew this would be tough, but most things of value are. Patience, our time will come.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 11:06 AM
    05-31-13 11:06 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000410.png

See the forest through the trees. Higher highs, higher lows. A revolutionary company that has just worked it's way through the back end of a product life cycle(09-13), just beginning a new one(13-?).

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 11:07 AM
    I'm not sure how to respond to that. Give me a minute to sort it.

05-31-13 11:10 AM
    Yeah, I am of the mind that we are sailing south until something meaningful gets us going up. This week seems to have been influenced by the options expiration and so I figure we just enjoy the Southside sailing for now.

Beauty day here in Nova Scotia. The wife and I are soaking up the sun on our back deck. I think we're looking at low to mid 30s (Celsius) right now...ahhh...nice cold beer.
    fedakd and matthewriedle like this.
    05-31-13 11:12 AM
    Btw, I'm seeing more and more Z10 and Q10 in the wild as time passes. I was watching TV last night and Rogers BB commercials were on in every single break,. 4 BB commercials in an hour. If only Bell and Telus gave the same kind of support, it seems they only put out commercials for a couple weeks after a product release.
    Ditto.

My circle of friends have been upgrading to BB10 devices, so far out of the 4 who have updated - 2 were BB10 devices. (Z10 & a Q10).

Time heals all.
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    05-31-13 11:14 AM

Its posts like this that just crack me up. Do you also rip up your lotto ticket before all the numbers have been drawn as well? We do not even know if BBRY is doing well or not, hence maybe that's what an Earnings Report is for?

IMO if you are long BBRY you should be buying right now, no question. If you are Short BBRY you should be covering right now and waiting for the pre ER hype to drive the price back up and then short again around 16.
    m0de25, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    05-31-13 11:21 AM
113,256 ... 11381139114011411142 ...