Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Whew! The app gap has finally closed.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    Yeah! With Angry Birds Space, we've got apps that are out of this world!!
    05-30-13 08:54 PM
    Whew! The app gap has finally closed.

Not until the Eager Beaver app is released.
    05-30-13 09:02 PM
    Not until the Eager Beaver app is released.
    It's already there. Lmao

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000177.png

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-30-13 09:09 PM
    Does anyone else feel that we are over due for a bear raid? Although from what others have posted regarding TA metrics we may be setting up for a rally. I'm confused.
    05-30-13 11:13 PM
    Does anyone else feel that we are over due for a bear raid? Although from what others have posted regarding TA metrics we may be setting up for a rally. I'm confused.
    With all due respect, what exactly do you call the last 5 days prior to 10am today?
    The sheer sales volume that pummeled the stock from late on Wed thru to this morning, dropped a $14.65 HOD down by 4% in less than a full trading day... on no new news. That was the Bear raid... now only OPEX tomorrow will hold this thing under $15 thru this week.
    CDM76, bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    05-30-13 11:18 PM
    I define a bear raid as when the stock prices moves down more than 5% down from yesterday's close. Any price movement of +/- 2% of yesterday's close is just "par for the course" for BBRY.
    05-30-13 11:31 PM
    I define a bear raid as when the stock prices moves down more than 5% down from yesterday's close. Any price movement of +/- 2% of yesterday's close is just "par for the course" for BBRY.
    It was great to see some green today! I don't have much to add to what everyone else has written other than I'm very relaxed about the stock price--it's still within that pennant and I haven't seen anything that worries me that BBRY could break to the downside. As time marches on, the lows are getting higher. I'm not going to call any dates but my last-posted chart predicted a breakout above the $16.50 level sometime during the first two weeks of June. Let's see what happens.

Meanwhile, I wanted to chime in here regarding bear raids. The actual definition of a "bear raid" does not make any provision for a percentage move. Remember: higher-priced and more volatile stocks are more likely to move 5% than a lower-priced stock--especially a lower-priced stock that's not very volatile. So just because a stock like BBRY moves down 5% in a given trading session does not necessarily mean that it is the result of a bear raid.

A bear raid occurs when a group of investors attempt--in a concerted effort--to move the price of a stock downward by aggressively short-selling shares. The raid is generally completed when the short positions are closed out. Some definitions of bear raid also include more insidious and nefarious actions by short sellers, such as negative rumormongering and other sorts of persuasive techniques (often passive-aggressive), such as blogging about the superiority of competitors or reporting false negative testimonials regarding the company in question. Bear raids can be composed of both short selling and rumormongering. With a stock like Blackberry that is already so heavily shorted, I believe that bear raid activity has more to do with investors who are already short and who are trying negative rumormongering in an effort to knock down the price so that they can cover and make a profit or reduce losses. I also personally believe that many (not all, mind you--but many) claims of bear raids on this forum simply have been made by people who are exasperated to see the share price drop on a given day. Even if a stock price drop correlates to a negative article about Blackberry, it's not a bear raid unless that article isn't true and unless that article was conceived and published by short investors for the express purpose of attempting to force the stock price lower.

Bear raids are illegal in the United States and, if evidence is strong enough, they are investigated by the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission).
    05-31-13 12:30 AM
    05-31-13 01:21 AM
    More sniffing in the Apple barrel . . . . .
    My both contacts (Marketing, very big EU operators) confirmed this kind of behavior (can't be specific).
    What I can say is that apple aggressive commercial technique compares to BlackBerry security conception : bottom up. Nothing's loose (yes, with 2 O's !) in their Ts&Cs. And carriers are fed up with that.

--- *** ---

While talking "general" here, let me give you an insight of a recent conversation with a colleague.
    He was asking me to bring some manpower for his company, in order to produce mobile apps, including BlackBerry 10 ones (cool, eh ?).
    Digging some more he informed me of the following (his words) : "Samsung is going Tizen all-in. They contacted us with this deal : we pay for each app you have in goog/android market and you port for Tizen". Yes, you read fine : Samsung pays for the port, talking to the developers, not the final clients.
    And ... what is Tizen the best at ? ... HTML5
    Who's sharing with it ? ... BB10
    What does it means ? [place your bets here]
    P.S: my colleague's company is dealing with major apps, not farts and dumbs.

Have a nice day early birds !
    05-31-13 02:31 AM
    I'm surprised that we haven't had one yet, unless they're waiting for the US Q10 release to wallop us hard.
    05-31-13 03:26 AM
    Hopefully we continue our move upward today. It would be great to leave the $14s once and for all. I'm looking forward to that day.
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    05-31-13 03:32 AM
    I think that the only negative thing that could happen now is confirmation early next week that we've only risen this week on an options expiration rally, which would see us sinking back into the $14.20s, and/or a bear raid on June 5 or June 6 when the Q10s are released.

Other than that, I think we're moving on up!!!
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 05-31-13 at 04:16 AM.
    05-31-13 03:38 AM
    I'm surprised that we haven't had one yet, unless they're waiting for the US Q10 release to wallop us hard.
    I like what YangFui said above. Every time I hear the term bear raid I cringe a little. Sometimes on no news in a financial reporting vacuum, less people want to buy than sell and the stock goes down.

Rumourmonging is an aspect of the bear raid that seems to happen regularly.

Why don't we just say dumb Rumourmongorers!! That is a little long to type, even on a z10.

Posted via CB10
    YangFui likes this.
    05-31-13 03:41 AM
    I like what YangFui said above. Every time I hear the term bear raid I cringe a little. Sometimes on no news in a financial reporting vacuum, less people want to buy than sell and the stock goes down.

Rumourmonging is an aspect of the bear raid that seems to happen regularly.

Why don't we just say dumb Rumourmongorers!! That is a little long to type, even on a z10.

Posted via CB10
    We've seen our share of them over the past couple of months and we've seen some suspect stories that appear to have been sell-off triggers. Perhaps the threat from Thor to have these glaringly obvious instances investigated by the SEC has really squashed the likelihood of a major one happening again. Although I think that's being a little too naive.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-31-13 04:04 AM
    I think BBRY has the potential to become the mother of all short squeezes. The only question is, when?
    05-31-13 04:21 AM
    I think that the only negative thing that could happen now is confirmation early next week that we've only risen this week on an options expiration rally, which would see us sinking back into the $14.20s, and/or a bear raid on June 5 or June 6 when the Q10s are released.

Other than that, I think we're moving on up!!!
    I am afraid that the possibility of a bear raid will always exist until BBRY get on more firm ground. We got a way to go and until then . . keep your seat belts fastened.

In the mean time there will be good times and bad times for BBRY but it does look good for the future.
    cjcampbell and matthewriedle like this.
    05-31-13 04:57 AM
    Bear raids are illegal in the United States and, if evidence is strong enough, they are investigated by the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission).
    Nudge, nudge, wink, wink

05-31-13 05:00 AM
    I am afraid that the possibility of a bear raid will always exist until BBRY get on more firm ground. We got a way to go and until then . . keep your seat belts fastened.

In the mean time there will be good times and bad times for BBRY but it does look good for the future.
    Who are you and what have you done with the real greggebhardt?

05-31-13 05:00 AM
    Nice to see Costco and BELL co-promoting Z10 & Q10.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-costco-bb-may-31.jpg
    q649, cjcampbell and CDM76 like this.
    05-31-13 05:06 AM
    I think BBRY has the potential to become the mother of all short squeezes. The only question is, when?
    VW! Look how fast it dropped though!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-vow-gy.jpg
    05-31-13 05:27 AM
    Nice to see Costco and BELL co-promoting Z10 & Q10.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Costco BB May 31.jpg 
Views:	488 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	167008
    Where in the heck is AT&T?
    05-31-13 05:30 AM

Name:	VOW+GY.jpg 
Views:	1382 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	167010
    Wonder if I should set up the stock to sell at $600 if it reaches that point. Imagine you blinked and missed VW at $1000. In reality if you set up your shares to sell if you hit $600 at least you could get in a much higher price?
    05-31-13 05:43 AM
    Who are you and what have you done with the real greggebhardt?

It's Friday! Everybody loves a Friday!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-31-13 05:47 AM

Name:	VOW+GY.jpg 
Views:	1382 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	167010
    Well set your sell limits high...lol

I'd like to see more of a shoot high, sink 10%, move on to the next ER, repeat, and so on until we're in a firm $200 position in 5 years.
    Scott Lefebvre likes this.
    05-31-13 05:48 AM
    05-31-13 05:49 AM
113,250 ... 11351136113711381139 ...