View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I was just checking out another forum thread covering BBRY and they are all over the board in panic and uncertainty. Hope they can hold out a bit longer. Lol

Edit.. Serious bears on that thread.
    Charles Martin1 and Bugmapper like this.
    05-29-13 03:09 PM
    Linky?
    I was just checking out another forum thread covering BBRY and they are all over the board in panic and uncertainty. Hope they can hold out a bit longer. Lol

Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    05-29-13 03:11 PM

LOL. People have got to chill out. We knew we'd have a long wait after the last peak.
    lcjr, plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    05-29-13 03:12 PM
    05-29-13 03:16 PM
    lmao... somebody needs to get that guy a joint so he can chill out.
    Nope! Shrooms or LSD is in order . . . . . in massive quantities.
    lcjr, cjcampbell and bigbadben10 like this.
    05-29-13 03:17 PM
    Nope! Shrooms or LSD is in order . . . . . in massive quantities.
    Shrooms, boil em in a pot o tea. Ahhh....those were the days.
    05-29-13 03:20 PM
    If bbry doesn't get the DoD mdm contract do you think the sp will drop?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    Just wait for the sleeper cell code to be sent. No worries. LoL
    05-29-13 03:28 PM
    Shrooms, boil em in a pot o tea. Ahhh....those were the days.
    I went snowboarding on Blackcomb one day on them... now THAT was interesting... lol
    05-29-13 03:29 PM
    Well, seeing that I'm 8 hours ahead this week in Germany I think I'll log off and get some rest. You guys have a great day and we'll hit it again tomorrow. Things will start to pick up soon.
    05-29-13 03:30 PM
    kinda starting to get a little worried about this thing.
    Negative waves are found in Oddball's thread.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-post-107343-0-06142500-1360386847.jpg
    05-29-13 03:32 PM
    Well, seeing that I'm 8 hours ahead this week in Germany I think I'll log off and get some rest. You guys have a great day and we'll hit it again tomorrow. Things will start to pick up soon.
    Goodnight.
    05-29-13 03:33 PM
    Red again. 14 and *sh!t* maybe 13 again. Groundhog's Day. BlackBerry beat forecasts last time and are expected to again with the reports of strong sales. Don't matter, keep sliding.

If this is the buying on rumor, will the sell on earnings news take the stock back to 10?

WTF. Just WTF. No, I am not selling. I will not be denied. This sheep has horns.
    psy fi likes this.
    05-29-13 03:35 PM
    Ugh, we are very very close to hit the second major trend line (in pink). Unfortunately, it has dipped below the first major trend line (in blue).
    Am I reading this right, Morgan? How much downside could this go? Stoch RSI on the daily is way oversold.
    JLagoon!

Not pretty is it? My targets for today were the $ 14.15/shr - $ 14.50/shr mark. At least the charts are working here. Now for the bad news, we closed at the low! You are reading it right, we are oversold in the short-term, we have completed the downside target as well. There was about 800,000 more shares sold in the final 20 mins. than I expected. It was taken down under steady pressure. Still, the volume is so light down here, ... like the "support/buyers" backed up to fill the depth of sell orders. We can open up tomorrow like this never happened and clear a lower 5-dma all in one move. As for how low it can go:

The chart looks like this.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-may-29c-2013-chart.jpg

This leaves us with a little wiggle room and a bounce tomorrow.

Or this one going back to November:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-may-29d-2013-chart.jpg

Again, it works just the same but calls for a rally off the $ 14.00/shr mark.

Or this one dating back to December:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-may-29e-2013-chart.jpg

In this case, we have to start looking at a stock that will trade sideways in which case all of these lines represent support or resistance above. We could find support at $ 13.75/shr.. Now, the problem with all of this is the weak volume and the fact that we are over-sold! Tomorrow will be a very interesting day. It is surprising that we are without much support here, are they working the shorts one last time? What are your thoughts?
    05-29-13 03:36 PM
    well...to brighten things up a bit..my company just sent out an email to all our employees for an upgrade for ALL to either the Z10, Q10, or iPhone5.

we have to pick one and i already got my department signing up for one of the BB's

company size: 5000-6000
    05-29-13 03:36 PM
    Red again. 14 and *sh!t* maybe 13 again. Groundhog's Day. BlackBerry beat forecasts last time and are expected to again with the reports of strong sales. Don't matter, keep sliding.

If this is the buying on rumor, will the sell on earnings news take the stock back to 10?

WTF. Just WTF. No, I am not selling. I will not be denied. This sheep has horns.
    This is not the market moving in a direction based on sentiment... this is a stock being pushed in a direction by specific "people" with specific motives.
    05-29-13 03:37 PM
    05-29-13 03:38 PM
    well...to brighten things up a bit..my company just sent out an email to all our employees for an upgrade for ALL to either the Z10, Q10, or iPhone5.

we have to pick one and i already got my department signing up for one of the BB's

company size: 5000-6000
    One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong...lol
    cjcampbell, jmehta22 and bungaboy like this.
    05-29-13 03:41 PM
    I'm using 13.65 as the current support line, seen on this chart. However it is not at all uncommon to have several "fakeouts" from these kind of large consolidation patterns, we could easily see a spike down through support with panic seling and stop orders, then the short covering comes in and drives the price all the way up again. We hade a small "fakeout" in april, and then got a quick rally all the way up to $16.50The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry3.jpg again
    morganplus8, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    05-29-13 03:42 PM
    Four weeks left...what's to become of this stock by then?

Bears are waiting for the release of the Q10s next week...what's after that?
    05-29-13 03:45 PM
    I'm using 13.65 as the current support line, seen on this chart. However it is not at all uncommon to have several "fakeouts" from these kind of large consolidation patterns, we could easily see a spike down through support with panic seling and stop orders, then the short covering comes in and drives the price all the way up again. We hade a small "fakeout" in april, and then got a quick rally all the way up to $16.50Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbry3.jpg 
Views:	601 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	166579 again

You're exactly right my friend. Exactly right!

The one thing that supports this scenario is that there's not much between now and the ER.
    05-29-13 03:49 PM
    I went snowboarding on Blackcomb one day on them... now THAT was interesting... lol
    I tried to play darts . . . . . . LoL
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-29-13 03:51 PM
    I'm using 13.65 as the current support line, seen on this chart. However it is not at all uncommon to have several "fakeouts" from these kind of large consolidation patterns, we could easily see a spike down through support with panic seling and stop orders, then the short covering comes in and drives the price all the way up again. We hade a small "fakeout" in april, and then got a quick rally all the way up to $16.50Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbry3.jpg 
Views:	601 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	166579 again
    Here is a closer look at your lines, we are the same, is that good? LOL

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-may-30-2013-chart.jpg

We can use the outlier as our extreme pullback here, makes sense.

Here is a thought on the channel that is likely finishing as we are over sold big time here.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-may-30a-2013-chart.jpg

We have dropped off in an orderly way here, is it tied to the end of the month? The shorts have to make their statement look as good as it can!
    cjcampbell, zyben and fedakd like this.
    05-29-13 03:54 PM
    I went to a little place called the Eager Beaver on Water Street in St. John's, NL.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-29-13 03:54 PM
    Here's an interesting little read..... It's an individual but still a good read.

It is noteworthy that $10 million dollars was spent on short selling Blackberry stock each and every trading day for the last ten days reported. Every day someone was willing to spend $10 million dollars on short sales to try and keep the share price down. In ten days they spent almost $100 million dollars more on short sales driving the share price down and trying to keep it down. $100 million dollars spent in ten days keeping the rising share price in check with no news, no developments and no results.

It is futile, they had spent more than $700 million dollars on short sales when Blackberry shares were only $8.00, see how that worked out, a loss of of $630 million on just those short sales. Today was exactly the type of day you could expect when someone is willing to throw away another $10 million dollars or more on no news, no results and no developments. Remember, every share sold short will have to be repurchased.

Be patient and don't worry about the day to day short sales, the idea behind the constant short selling on no news, no results and no developments is to try and convince people to sell their long positions. It is a very expensive and risky strategy and it is reasonably futile, there is no covering at this level but margin calls are being avoided. This is handy when you have convinced many of your wealthy clients to hang on a bit longer and commit a little more cash. You can see why the efforts of the local 50centers were redoubled when the last short report came out. The next short report is going to be similar to the last one.

Just the shares shorted in the last short report have borrow costs around $200,000 each week. the open short interest is incurring borrow costs that are quite astronomical. It looks good on those holding the open short interest. At just 5% it is coming in at $135 million a year, about $3 million each and every week. They will spend at least another $12 million on borrow costs before the next results come in. It is about twenty trading days so they could end up spending another $200 million dollars in short sales.

It is misguided but desperation is a powerful driver and a $3 billion dollar bet is quite a large amount of capital. These losses are all going to show up on the balance sheet and in the accounts of those wealthy individuals who finance the hedge funds holding the open short interest in Blackberry.

More than $10 million dollars today - BlackBerry - BB
    05-29-13 03:59 PM
    I went to a little place called the Eager Beaver on Water Street in St. John's, NL.
    When I think of "eager beaver", I have a funny feeling that we're not on the same page.
    bungaboy and q649 like this.
    05-29-13 04:04 PM
113,256 ... 11211122112311241125 ...