View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Joined the club today. 650 shares of BB @ 14.90. As soon as they go to 15.25, I'm unloading
    cjcampbell and Superfly_FR like this.
    05-29-13 11:00 AM
    June 28th just can't come soon enough.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-29-13 11:01 AM
    Nice... came out of the red and into the green. Poor fraudstreet... although I'm sure he got out on the lows and is ready to short again...lol
    05-29-13 11:02 AM
    Joined the club today. 650 shares of BB @ 14.90. As soon as they go to 15.25, I'm unloading
    Welcome aboard!
    05-29-13 11:07 AM

I believe that Thor may be the next Steve Jobs.
    Charles,

While a have the deepest respect for "most" you say, I can not agree with the above. I am no blind Apple loving person but I could not put Thor in the same class as Jobs.

Maybe in the future but so far Thor is hiding his abilities from me!
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 05-29-13 at 01:49 PM.
    05-29-13 11:16 AM
    Thor is nowhere close to Steve Jobs and I personally think even Steve Jobs was overrated.

Thor lacks charisma and marketing sensibility. He's just a suit in my books. Hopefully one that can turn this company around which is looking promising.

Posted via CB10
    Charles Martin1 and m0de25 like this.
    05-29-13 11:21 AM
    Imagine BBRY blows out earnings and then just as a kicker they announce a share buy back as well.
    05-29-13 11:26 AM
    Or Thor opening the ER with the words "I hate shorts.."

Imagine BBRY blows out earnings and then just as a kicker they announce a share buy back as well.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-29-13 11:29 AM
    Wow and Charles was actually nice to him when he was on here! I think he has a mental condition shortsophrenia!
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    05-29-13 11:29 AM
    Share buyback would be nice but it is not going to happen.

I'm hoping for better than expected revenues. That's what I care about most other than FCF.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 11:32 AM
    LOL! I have a great imagination but you are stretching it!
    05-29-13 11:32 AM
    Now the US Secret Service is looking for MDM solutions as well. This quote is where I think BB takes the lead....

"In addition, the solutions will be expected to work with Private VPN interfaces with the major wireless providers, and be “designed for geo-diversity,” says the RFI."

Secret Service wants to manage its smartphones and tablets, and set up an
    bungaboy, CDM76 and zyben like this.
    05-29-13 11:33 AM
    For those of us who are still accumulating knowledge on stocks, what does a share buyback normally signal? Confidence? Does it mean the cash position is strong?
    05-29-13 11:34 AM
    LOL! I have a great imagination but you are stretching it!
    A share buyback may be a bit of a stretch but I was thinking the other day..... At what point will they provide a dividend?
    OMGitworks likes this.
    05-29-13 11:35 AM
    For those of us who are still accumulating knowledge on stocks, what does a share buyback normally signal? Confidence? Does it mean the cash position is strong?
    It is what companies do that are wildly successful and have lots of cash on hand. I would consider the company that does this to have extreme confidence
    leafs123 likes this.
    05-29-13 11:40 AM
    It is what companies do that are wildly successful and have lots of cash on hand. I would consider the company that does this to have extreme confidence
    Depends on the situation. Mature companies regularly do share buybacks as it makes it easier for them to reach their EPS guidance and reduces their payout ratios through having fewer shares owed dividends.

But yes, in BB's case it would although I would rather them keep all their profits to reinvest for future growth at this stage
    zyben and bungaboy like this.
    05-29-13 11:55 AM
    Stocks to Watch: BBRY, LULU, FB, VHC, VVUS

"As of May 15th almost 36% of the float is short ( short interest increased to about 170.6 Million shares, compared with 164.6 Million shares as of April 30 ). Considering the stock has fallen since that date, its definitely safe to say there are many more shorts in this stock then 2 weeks ago, which begs to question, when they will cover? They are betting on more downside, but at this point the probability of a short squeeze is very high. From a technical standpoint, the medium-term daily chart remains bullish, the stock is trading below its 20-day and 50-day EMAs but well above its rising 200-day EMA. The medium-term bull market is intact, despite being in a bear market in the short-term. Like I’ve said any major positive news could lead to a major short squeeze."
    05-29-13 12:00 PM
    Still riding the low side...
    05-29-13 12:04 PM
    Charles,

While a have the deepest respect for "most" you say, I can not agree with the above. I am no blind in love Apple person but I could not put Thor in the same class as Jobs.

I know...I had a moment... I meant in terms of turning this once great company around.
    OMGitworks and bungaboy like this.
    05-29-13 12:05 PM
    Thor is nowhere close to Steve Jobs and I personally think even Steve Jobs was overrated.

Thor lacks charisma and marketing sensibility. He's just a suit in my books. Hopefully one that can turn this company around which is looking promising.

Posted via CB10
    In terms of turning this once great giant around he will be just like him...perhaps greater.
    jxnb, bungaboy and kfh227 like this.
    05-29-13 12:06 PM
    Matters on the company. Some do it to manipulate investors. And companies like BRK will some day do it because they can't make as good of returns anymore and they best way to grow shareholder value would be to reduce share count.

What it means to you? Less shares means you own a bigger slice of the company.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and leafs123 like this.
    05-29-13 12:08 PM
    Charles,

While a have the deepest respect for "most" you say, I can not agree with the above. I am no blind in love Apple person but I could not put Thor in the same class as Jobs.

Jobs took existing technologies and merged them given a future vision. How is this different than what TH is saying and doing? He thinks thin clients are the future where your phone is the hub?

Posted via CB10
    take99 and bungaboy like this.
    05-29-13 12:12 PM
    I'm thinking that the media is going to hype the crap out of BBRY in June. Everybody loves it when an underdog does the seemingly impossible. i just hope they don't overdo it and create unrealistic expectations.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-29-13 12:12 PM
    Has the BlackBerry Z10 ripened or soured since its launch?

Has the BlackBerry Z10 ripened or soured since its launch?
    May 28th, 2013 @ 03:56 pm › Nick Waddell
    ↓ Skip to comments

“BlackBerry had been in need of a reinvention for years, and the Z10 was as big a reboot as possible.” says Pocketnow’s Michael Fisher.

Michael Fisher of PocketNow has just posted an interesting review of the BlackBerry Z10. Interesting, because the review was published months after the launch of the device.

Fisher says there is a method to his madness. All product launches, he says, follow the same script. There is initial hype and buzz followed by reviews from the media, and then everyone forgets about the device in question and moves on to the next thing.

But Fisher wondered aloud about how the device was holding up. Has the BlackBerry Z10 ripened or soured since it launched in early February?

“BlackBerry had been in need of a reinvention for years, and the Z10 was as big a reboot as possible.” says Fisher. He says the design of the phone, while boasting a certain “corporate elegance” was clearly not its strongest suit.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________

This article is brought to you by Zecotek (TSXV:ZMS). Zecotek holds over 50 patents and has launched a major U.S. patent infringement case. Click here to learn more.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

“The design of the Z10 was pretty generic when it launched, and that will only grow as companies like HTC, Nokia and Apple start to use higher end materials,” he says. Still the phone feels “more substantial than its 136 grams would suggest, and it holds up to drops and scuffs pretty well.”

Fisher says the Z10′s camera, “while good for casual shots, has suffered a bit from the recent popularization of low-light photography and optical image stabilization”. He says the camera’s perception has diminished a bit due to its “no frills approach”.

On the software side, Fisher says the BlackBerry’s swiping gestures are so sticky and intuitive that he has found himself swiping on non-BlackBerry products. “The gesture is that addictive” he says.

Fisher is even more enthusiastic about the BlackBerry Hub, which he says is “one of our favourite messaging solutions”. He calls the BlackBerry software keyboard “outstanding”, and finds himself composing entire sentences from simple upswipes, because the software has learned his habits.

One of the main areas of critique for the BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 has been the app selection, but Fisher says the new BlackBerrys boast an “incredible number of titles” considering the age of the devices. Still, he says, many of these apps are Android ports, and their performance is iffy.

“Four months after launch” says Fisher, “the BlackBerry Z10 stays true to its roots. Like its ancestors, it’s first and foremost a messaging machine”. Fisher says some will be put off by the lack of apps available on the new BlackBerry’s and most would be unlikely to switch from another smartphone.

“Hopefully, someday, the ecosystems supporting it will catch up,” he concludes.

See the full review below…

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Related Posts:

BlackBerry fan creates buzz with Apple-dissing unauthorized ad
    The New York Times raves about the BlackBerry Q10
    The BlackBerry Z10 is not revolutionary, but it’s better than the iPhone
    BlackBerry in India: Will the Z10 and Q10 be a hit?
    Categories: Opinion, RIM
    Tags: bb
    05-29-13 12:13 PM
    A share buyback may be a bit of a stretch but I was thinking the other day..... At what point will they provide a dividend?
    This. It helps us, hurts the shorts and with a relatively low share price, the dividend doesn't have to be too large to generate a nice return. It also opens the shares to all sorts of ETF's and Mutual Funds who have to buy dividend paying stocks.
    cjcampbell, psy fi and bungaboy like this.
    05-29-13 12:16 PM
113,256 ... 11181119112011211122 ...