View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The pickle that Apple is in is that they are transitioning from a growth company to a mature company. This has to happen sooner or later. No company can remain in growth mode forever. Stock price increases aren't driven as much by revenue as they are in revenue growth, and growth (higher risk) investors seek out these stocks.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-27-13 06:52 AM
    Good morning everyone! I've been playing catch up reading the last days posts and it took over an hour. That's good though to see everyone so active on the thread. Germany is definitely cooler and wetter than El Paso Texas and the time with family here is doing us good. I've had time to re-think previous investment plans as well and will change up some of my portfolio when I return home Saturday. Keep up the great posts and ill try to keep up. I'm going to the stores today and check out the BlackBerry scene with some of the carriers here. I wish everyone a fantastic and productive day.
    Good to hear from you lc. Take care and best wishes.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    lcjr and Superfly_FR like this.
    05-27-13 06:55 AM
    The pickle that Apple is in is that they are transitioning from a growth company to a mature company. This has to happen sooner or later. No company can remain in growth mode forever. Stock price increases aren't driven as much by revenue as they are in revenue growth, and growth#(higher risk) investors seek out these stocks.
    Hopefully Apple becomes something roughly similar to Sony , that way they are out of BlackBerry's way.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    05-27-13 06:59 AM
    I have also been thinking recently. I don't think we will see blowout Q1 results in the ER.

Reasoning as follows:
    BlackBerry know that there was pent up demand for devices they are unsure of conversion rate from other platforms.

For them it is therefore better for them to stretch out the launches and account for the pent up demand over the whole year.

I suspect this is one of the reasons that the q10 US launch was bumped back a couple of weeks. It will boost Q2 numbers.

Q5 will launch towards the end of Q2 so they will delay it coming to US until Q3.

For this reason, I think they will meet expectations, maybe abit over.

If they are over their own expectations they will bump the excess forward one quarter, don't you think?

Posted via CB10
    Q5 is not even coming to USA.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 07:23 AM
    Q5 is not even coming to USA.

Posted via CB10
    It will eventually. They're already taking pre orders in the UK so it's not just an emerging market device.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 07:24 AM
    $14.82 currently in early markets in BB.TO. Down 13 cents.
    05-27-13 07:25 AM
    $14.82 currently in early markets in BB.TO. Down 13 cents.
    That's only due to the exchange rate. There is no pre market trading on the TSX.

I'm seeing $14.93. Where do you see the lower?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 07:29 AM
    That's only due to the exchange rate. There is no pre market trading on the TSX.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, I'm always confused about that because when I go into my brokerage account, it tells me the intraday, even early in the morning.
    05-27-13 07:33 AM
    that's only due to the exchange rate. There is no pre market trading on the tsx.

i'm seeing $14.93. Where do you see the lower?

posted via cb10
    cibc

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-picture1.png
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-27-13 07:41 AM
    Hey folks, just came back from a Florida vacation. Needed to go to Best Buy while in Daytona Beach and was pleasently surprised to see the Z10 prominently displayed front and centre at the entrance to the Mobile department. The BB display counter was very large (about 12 feet long) and had 4 Z10's (one was live). Based on some of the lukewarm feedback on product placement in other outlets, this was a positive shock!
    cjcampbell, bungaboy, lcjr and 9 others like this.
    05-27-13 07:43 AM
    The sleeper cell pickle. Doesn't anybody remember . . . . . . . ?
    05-27-13 07:49 AM
    Barnfoot,

Was a similar situation with Blackberry 3 or 4 years ago, and look at where they are now.

I do not think APPL have any financial problems, but they have problems in other areas of their business which will trickle into the financials over the next couple of years.

I was merely saying that i think BB's decision so far has been spot on. Hit the markets where you know you will get heavy sales for little time and money invested. Create solid base with a diverse product range, improve OS and use your base to attack the more entrenched markets, such as USA where APPL and Samsung are in control.
    bungaboy, rarsen and Dapper37 like this.
    05-27-13 07:59 AM
    cibc

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture1.png 
Views:	857 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	165794
    That's odd. On my RBC page it shows the bids and asks as the same but still has the $14.93.
    05-27-13 08:07 AM
    Not exactly US DoD size but makes a good rumour anyway... from another thread....

Just got an email informing me that DND (through Shared services Canada) is going to be implementing BES 10+ BB10 phones this fall. They specifically mentioned that both the Z10 and Q10 are going to be the new standard. Yes they are going to be maintaining legacy support but I have to admit I'm floored that DND is moving this fast!

Anyone else get this?

Posted via CB10

Also, for those of you who don't know, the Canadian government is moving toward removing all land lines for government workers and replacing them with cell phones, or VOIP where cell not available. http://www.ssc-spc.gc.ca/pages/telec...phone-eng.html I can't imagine a scenario where BlackBerry does not benefit from this significantly.
    Last edited by Bugmapper; 05-27-13 at 08:53 AM.
    05-27-13 08:28 AM
    Not exactly US DoD size but makes a good rumour anyway... from another thread....

"Just got an email informing me that DND (through Shared services Canada) is going to be implementing BES 10+ BB10 phones this fall. They specifically mentioned that both the Z10 and Q10 are going to be the new standard. Yes they are going to be maintaining legacy support but I have to admit I'm floored that DND is moving this fast!

Anyone else get this?

Posted via CB10 "

Also, for those of you who don't know, the Canadian government is moving toward removing all land lines for government workers and replacing them with cell phones, or VOIP where cell not available. http://www.ssc-spc.gc.ca/pages/telec...phone-eng.html I can't imagine a scenario where BlackBerry does not benefit from this significantly.
    How many people are there?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 08:38 AM
    DOD #.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 08:40 AM
    DOD #.

Posted via CB10
    Canadian DND
    65,000 Regular Force members;
    25,000 Reserve Force members (including 4,000 Canadian Rangers); and
    28,000 civilians.

Of course I doubt more that 20% of them will be issued cell phones.

US DOD
    718,000 (civilian)
    1,418,542 (active duty military)
    1,100,000+ (reserve):
    Last edited by Bugmapper; 05-27-13 at 09:02 AM.
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    05-27-13 08:46 AM
    Morning guys/gals, how is BB doing on TSX so far?
    05-27-13 08:47 AM
    Up 10 cents so far
    05-27-13 08:52 AM
    Holy no action Batman. Just sitting flat.
    05-27-13 09:27 AM
    Holy no action Batman. Just sitting flat.
    I'm not holding my breath, but do expect to see some movement before lunchtime.
    05-27-13 09:31 AM
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_1...s-skill-level/

Don't take this advice lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 09:36 AM
    A statistical look at Jim Cramer's skill level - CBS News

Posted via CB10
    L....M....F...A...O !

Cramer's a complete twit, and his hatred for all things BB, makes the fact he is being called out that much more funny
    05-27-13 09:40 AM
    A statistical look at Jim Cramer's skill level - CBS News

Posted via CB10
    Hahahha... WOW!!
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-27-13 09:45 AM
    wow..feels like tsx is closed today too..boring day so far barely any movement..BRING OUT SOME NEWS!!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-27-13 10:08 AM
113,256 ... 11001101110211031104 ...