View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    This is a long one but so far so good. From QNX at BlackBerry Live on M2M.

http://active.mediasite.com/mediasit...7-dc12944f526c

Posted via CB10
    The link brings you to a log in site.
    05-26-13 07:16 PM
    The link brings you to a log in site.
    Try this and hit the "media" option top right

https://bblive.blackberryconferences...ESSION_ID=2241

It's a little dry but still has some interesting stuff.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 07:35 PM
    Hackers after US Governments data and files.
    http://stks.co/eVlu

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 07:37 PM
    Ooops

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 08:39 PM
    Well, here's looking forward to the TSX opening tomorrow and BB deciding what its going to do while BBRY's got a day off.
    05-26-13 08:58 PM
    my guess would be a sleepy day tomorrow.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-26-13 09:31 PM
    Well, here's looking forward to the TSX opening tomorrow and BB deciding what its going to do while BBRY's got a day off.
    Hope for a big news release from BBRY and then some Hari Kari from Nasdaq based shorts
    05-26-13 09:34 PM
    Try this and hit the "media" option top right

https://bblive.blackberryconferences...ESSION_ID=2241

It's a little dry but still has some interesting stuff.

Posted via CB10
    Every time I see/listen to a presentation on M2M I get this weird feeling that BlackBerry turns into Skynet in about 5 years.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    05-26-13 09:44 PM
    Every time I see/listen to a presentation on M2M I get this weird feeling that BlackBerry turns into Skynet in about 5 years.

That's funny 'cause I thought the same thing a few times during that. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 09:56 PM
    That's funny 'cause I thought the same thing a few times during that. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe it will be a little more friendly and benevolent version of Skynet because it is Canadian !

cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    05-26-13 10:11 PM
    Maybe it will be a little more friendly and benevolent version of Skynet because it is Canadian !

Hahaha. As long as beer is readily available, I'm good

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 10:24 PM
    I was just looking at statcounter and was wondering if BB10 devices are confirmed to be showing up under the BB OS now?

StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share
    05-26-13 10:39 PM
    Count me in. Q1 report will be exciting!

Posted via CB10 & Z10
    05-26-13 11:01 PM
    Count me in. Q1 report will be exciting!

Posted via CB10 & Z10
    Welcome aboard. I'm not sure if you read my post in your other thread but be aware of what you are doing. Remember that this is not a sure bet and there are hundreds of millions, if not billions of dollars betting against the turn around. Of course, there is even more money betting on the upside so be aware of what you are choosing to do and what your risks are.

On a happier note, this is a fantastic thread with some really great people and there is a wealth of knowledge to draw upon.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 11:12 PM
    Thanks again. I will go through the thousands of posts when I get some time!

After doing research, I was so sure of the Z10 that I went out and upgraded my 9900 the day Z10 was available on my carrier. I was not disappointed. Only it sparked my interest in all the things the new blackberry is doing... and it is very promising. We've got loyal users who will stick it out till the end. Count me in!

Posted via CB10 & Z10
    05-26-13 11:19 PM
    Ahh thats exactly how they will control us. We will get home and our connected fridge will send out its little bot and feed us beer all night so we will submit to the machine's authority more easily....cjcampbell is already lost by the sounds of it lol...

Hahaha. As long as beer is readily available, I'm good

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 11:44 PM
    I've been preoccupied by the StatCounter GlobalStats (StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share) results showing the Mobile OS and Mobile Browser usage by country. We have been under the impression that BB10 devices may not be captured properly at this time. So, to clear up that issue I contacted StatsCounter GlobalStats to see what they had to say. They sent me a link to test any device (Useragent Detect | StatCounter Global Stats). When I first used the link on my Z10 it reported some mixed information (Windows OS, Chrome browser, etc.) then I remembered that I keep my browser set to "Desktop Mode" so I don't see the mobile-specific websites. Once I turned that off, the StatCounter site reported my Blackberry Z10 as "Blackberry OS, Browser = Blackberry, Vendor = RIM" which is essentially correct.

So, it appears that the internet usage traffic that has been reported in the past is probably correct. I'm sure that very few people change their web browsers to desktop mode like I do and they are not shipped in desktop mode, so that should not affect the data in any appreciable way.

Just thought some of you would like to know.

P.S. I found it interesting that Blackberry does not just change the OS to "QNX" when they want to emulate a desktop browser, but pretend to be the most common desktop OS and browsers.
    I was just looking at statcounter and was wondering if BB10 devices are confirmed to be showing up under the BB OS now?

StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share
    Yes, bb10 devices are reported correctly by statcounter. See my post above. Playbooks are also counted as blackberry OS.

I have found that the last data point on their "daily " charts is a bit spurious. It will often show a sizeable deviation that disappears 24 hours later, only to reappear in the next day's data.
    Last edited by Bugmapper; 05-27-13 at 01:41 AM.
    05-27-13 01:29 AM

Ya, the robots will say please and thank you before they rip your head off ... with a hockey stick.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 01:55 AM
    Yes, bb10 devices are reported correctly by statcounter. See my post above. Playbooks are also counted as blackberry OS.

I have found that the last data point on their "daily " charts is a bit spurious. It will often show a sizeable deviation that disappears 24 hours later, only to reappear in the next day's data.
    Hmmm I wonder how many people do actually change it to desktop mode. Seems like a lot do here on crackberry and that would definitely skew the results somewhat.
    05-27-13 01:59 AM
    Hi, guys I came to conclusion I would like to share, I find the lack of advertising in the us due to blackberry is focusing on emerging markets like India and Brazil which the smart phone thirst is more, while in the state are only the loyals and educated users know the value of bb10.
    On other note a friend I run in to with z10 told me his company just upgraded to bb10 50 people (IDC).

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Everyone keeps screaming about lack of promotion in US. I think BlackBerry has played it right to focus on other markets. Just like Japan forget about US (to a lesser degree obviously). The people that want the phones in those countries will find a way to get them.

US market is saturated, most people are locked into contracts.

Focusing on the US is one of the reasons why Apple is in such a pickle now.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    05-27-13 02:56 AM
    I agree. Everyone keeps screaming about lack of promotion in US. I think BlackBerry has played it right to focus on other markets. Just like Japan forget about US (to a lesser degree obviously). The people that want the phones in those countries will find a way to get them.

US market is saturated, most people are locked into contracts.

Posted via CB10
    I have the feeling that BB will use that "huge promo" thing later. U.S is a very big market but yet very difficult to satisfy and tied to brand love. In particular, specs [foreign eye's view] - is what users are looking at as a "premium" device label.
    Brand reconstruction (in progress) and killing specs (a la "Aristo" ?) are not 100% here yet.
    As for Japan "put your money where chances of big success are above 50%" sounds me as a great idea. Big promo in U.S means piles of $$, better used elsewhere at the moment IMHO.
    Bugmapper, q649, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    05-27-13 04:38 AM
    I have also been thinking recently. I don't think we will see blowout Q1 results in the ER.

Reasoning as follows:
    BlackBerry know that there was pent up demand for devices they are unsure of conversion rate from other platforms.

For them it is therefore better for them to stretch out the launches and account for the pent up demand over the whole year.

I suspect this is one of the reasons that the q10 US launch was bumped back a couple of weeks. It will boost Q2 numbers.

Q5 will launch towards the end of Q2 so they will delay it coming to US until Q3.

For this reason, I think they will meet expectations, maybe abit over.

If they are over their own expectations they will bump the excess forward one quarter, don't you think?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 04:42 AM
    Good morning everyone! I've been playing catch up reading the last days posts and it took over an hour. That's good though to see everyone so active on the thread. Germany is definitely cooler and wetter than El Paso Texas and the time with family here is doing us good. I've had time to re-think previous investment plans as well and will change up some of my portfolio when I return home Saturday. Keep up the great posts and ill try to keep up. I'm going to the stores today and check out the BlackBerry scene with some of the carriers here. I wish everyone a fantastic and productive day.
    05-27-13 05:39 AM
    I have also been thinking recently. I don't think we will see blowout Q1 results in the ER.

Reasoning as follows:
    BlackBerry know that there was pent up demand for devices they are unsure of conversion rate from other platforms.

For them it is therefore better for them to stretch out the launches and account for the pent up demand over the whole year.

I suspect this is one of the reasons that the q10 US launch was bumped back a couple of weeks. It will boost Q2 numbers.

Q5 will launch towards the end of Q2 so they will delay it coming to US until Q3.

For this reason, I think they will meet expectations, maybe abit over.

If they are over their own expectations they will bump the excess forward one quarter, don't you think?

Posted via CB10
    Hi Komoto (not sure we've talked yet, so ... welcome !)
    I may repeat here (in fact, I do, sry for usual readers lol) but what will be monitored at E.R is IMHO cash and revenues. Call it profitability or performance if you prefer. Heins exposed a new model : gain money V.S claim market shares. 1,2,3,4 rank for the show ... EPS for the dough !
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-27-13 05:41 AM
    What pickle is that? Making too much money?

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/05/...ce=yahoo_quote
    05-27-13 06:02 AM
113,256 ... 10991100110111021103 ...