View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm just wondering, how do crosslisted stocks work.
    Normally we see a lot more volume on the Nasdaq than the TSE/TSX (which one do they even use now), but are the shares interchangeable? Like, when I buy BB.TO shares on TSX, I can't sell BBRY shares on Nasdaq to close my long, because then I would be creating a long position and a short position.
    But when you sell your shares on TSX, technically, the person buying could be from either Nasdaq or TSX? Right?

In this case, investors could always buy or sell BB.TO shares to hedge their positions on BBRY on days where there is a holiday in the US, but not in Canada and vice versa. But of course investors are hesitant to do this because of the exchange rate, but say there is a short squeeze happening, or a rally, wouldn't a holiday mean the rally would be dampened?
    05-26-13 01:22 PM
    Predicting stock price by reading charts is just a kind of astrology IMO. If a proven method is found for doing this, then everyone else would take advantage of that method and the method becomes useless.
    05-26-13 01:23 PM
    Investors should be focused on the profitability (or not) of BBRY, how revenues are changing (up/down), what are the changing elements of those revenues (determine if those are good or bad), how efficiently is the operation (can it be improved, has it improved, etc.) and ask one's self if it appears that this company still holds promise for growth going forward.

There are new services that are bound to be offsetting old and diminishing revenue streams. If this is not happening, and there is no plan to correct this, then we have problem.

I see no problems at this stage and I expect a lot of questions to be answered with REALLY good news in the June ER. Moreover, I believe that the expectations for growth potential going forward will dramatically increase.
    05-26-13 01:35 PM
    You may be right on this, but you know the general market will be paying attention to the subscriber number. This number is one of the highlights of each press article and blog written about the earnings report. In the past, changes in this number has moved the stock price. The number is important because the market will be paying attention to it.
    Absolutely I agree that they will be drooling, waiting for that number and use it to justify their analysis / agenda - either good or bad. I'm just saying that I personally don't like the number because it perpetuates the belief that BlackBerry lives and dies by subs.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    05-26-13 02:22 PM
    Predicting stock price by reading charts is just a kind of astrology IMO. If a proven method is found for doing this, then everyone else would take advantage of that method and the method becomes useless.
    IMHO your statement implies you don't know what the purpose of charting is, it is not 'astrology' but a tool in the belt of many successful investors. To rely on charting alone would be foolhardy, but if you follow this thread at all none of the ta guys here recommend that at all. I think to ignore what statistical analysis has to say would be unwise.
    cjcampbell, rarsen, zyben and 2 others like this.
    05-26-13 03:08 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Sry duplicated
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-26-13 at 03:40 PM.
    05-26-13 03:15 PM
    ... this thread is all about guessing the movement of the stock price.
    NotafanBoy, I would like to bend the story straightforward to its genesis.

It's *not* about guessing. It's about testifying: "We" believe BlackBerry will be back. From that, we think there's a big chance the stock will rise up to 1 extra digit within the *long* haut.

We're not *that* young we can't wait.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-26-13 at 03:45 PM.
    05-26-13 03:31 PM
    During the last ER Heins stated he expected a single digit % decline in subscribers for the coming quarter. This implies a decrease in subscriber base of somewhere between 1-9%, or 760,000-6.84m subs. This is what the captured financial media and its cohorts in the blogosphere will focus their attention on.
    BlackBerry is making adjustments to its business model and these adjustments will guarantee sub declines, at least in the short term. This should come as a surprise to nobody. I'm with Bugmapper:

Absolutely I agree that they will be drooling, waiting for that number and use it to justify their analysis / agenda - either good or bad. I'm just saying that I personally don't like the number because it perpetuates the belief that BlackBerry lives and dies by subs.
    05-26-13 04:11 PM

When the subs were at the peak the sp was at its lowest when the subs were
    increasing the sp was sky high. Now the subs really don"t mean much because
    for all intense purposes BB is starting over with BB10, so the legacy days will
    slowly die off and BB10 sales and BES 10.1 are what should really count for
    sp. however try explaining that to the Shorts (Bears) they will spin it no matter
    What....
    We could have ESP of 1.00, but sub loss of 4m at the ER and the Bears would say
    wow look at the sub loss!!! BB is dead...
    Last edited by Scott Lefebvre; 05-26-13 at 04:57 PM.
    05-26-13 04:45 PM
    I would like to hear your take on the question posed here: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...r-base-811543/

The answer will have a significant bearing on the stock price.
    "The answer will have a significant bearing on the stock price."

Ya but it really shouldn't !!
    Charles Martin1 and psy fi like this.
    05-26-13 05:03 PM
    Hi, guys I came to conclusion I would like to share, I find the lack of advertising in the us due to blackberry is focusing on emerging markets like India and Brazil which the smart phone thirst is more, while in the state are only the loyals and educated users know the value of bb10.
    On other note a friend I run in to with z10 told me his company just upgraded to bb10 50 people (IDC).

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 05:04 PM
    Hi, guys I came to conclusion I would like to share, I find the lack of advertising in the us due to blackberry is focusing on emerging markets like India and Brazil which the smart phone thirst is more, while in the state are only the loyals and educated users know the value of bb10.
    On other note a friend I run in to with z10 told me his company just upgraded to bb10 50 people (IDC).

Posted via CB10
    Sounds weird to me. US late is carriers to blame... IMHO

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 05:08 PM
    Man this Z10 is cool sitting here with my family watching a move that is on my
    z10's sd chip, through my ps3 on my big screen plasma, all wireless..
    05-26-13 05:12 PM
    Yeah, I try to rent as many movies as possible from BlackBerry rather than my cable company.

05-26-13 05:15 PM
    I agree, I said advertising not delay ,as some people complained on this board.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 05:18 PM
    During the last ER Heins stated he expected a single digit % decline in subscribers for the coming quarter. This implies a decrease in subscriber base of somewhere between 1-9%, or 760,000-6.84m subs. This is what the captured financial media and its cohorts in the blogosphere will focus their attention on.
    BlackBerry is making adjustments to its business model and these adjustments will guarantee sub declines, at least in the short term. This should come as a surprise to nobody. I'm with Bugmapper:
    Could be used to justify a sell off operation but shouldn't stick based on the other good news.
    05-26-13 05:24 PM
    Just read a SA and the fellow goes on and on about lack of buzz in the states, losing the hardware battle, SaaS will fail and that 22 a share is unrealistic because it would value the company too high.

That in a nut shell is the shorts position and belief hypothesis...all summed up in a "Coles Notes" brief lol.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and m0de25 like this.
    05-26-13 05:37 PM
    I think that the shorts are going to try and line up a story about lost service revenues. I'm hoping that there will be a slow decline in BIS and another revenue source(s) that demonstrates there should be no worries.

The only worries I have in this regard are if:

- the BIS decline is a lot faster than hoped, and/or

- it is too early to demonstrate the value of BBM Money and/or BES.
    05-26-13 05:48 PM
    Ya man. I used the play on feature for the first time on Friday night at a friends house with his X box and it was super cool. We didn't have to get up to change any music as all the while my phone, of course, was on the table beside me. I also made a quick excel score card in docs to go to keep track of our crokonol score so got to serve two cool features up that night.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 05:49 PM
    Well look at that...I never thought to look in there (Docs To Go) and BAM...hit in the face with more awesomeness....thanks CJ.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 06:00 PM
    This could be interpreted in all kinds of ways, positives and negatives but could easily be twisted by the short dogs.

No Cookies | Herald Sun
    05-26-13 06:15 PM
    I think that the shorts are going to try and line up a story about lost service revenues. I'm hoping that there will be a slow decline in BIS and another revenue source(s) that demonstrates there should be no worries.

The only worries I have in this regard are if:

- the BIS decline is a lot faster than hoped, and/or

- it is too early to demonstrate the value of BBM Money and/or BES.
    I think the declines are likely to pick up and it is too early for BBM revenues, but BES should look real strong with strong forward potential.

Posted via CB10
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-26-13 06:19 PM
    This could be interpreted in all kinds of ways, positives and negatives but could easily be twisted by the short dogs.

No Cookies | Herald Sun
    Not sure what's bad in there but one thing is for sure..... that guy didn't proof read as his numbers don't add up.... at all.

Posted via CB10
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-26-13 06:24 PM
    Not sure what's bad in there but one thing is for sure..... that guy didn't proof read as his numbers don't add up.... at all.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. I just worry that the title will help short dogs conjure up all kinds of cruddy spin off titles with BlackBerry targeted for more doom and gloom.
    05-26-13 06:31 PM
    This is a long one but so far so good. From QNX at BlackBerry Live on M2M.

http://active.mediasite.com/mediasit...7-dc12944f526c

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    05-26-13 06:56 PM
113,250 ... 10981099110011011102 ...