Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Wouldn't after market be better ?...
    05-24-13 06:35 PM
    E trade has no shares for shorting... I was curious..keep your toes crossed , god said I' ll be fine but he' s not so sure about bbt....
    Etrade is a relatively small financial institution. So is Questrade. So it's not rare for them to lack shares for shorting. It would be interesting if there was a lack of shares to short at major financial institutions.
    Anyone else have anecdotal evidence of a shortage of shares to short?
    05-24-13 07:06 PM
    If there was a time for BBRY to crash, it was 6 months before they had launched their platform when everyone thought they would burn through the cash and not make it to BB10. Here we are, 6 months later, with a brand new platform launched and I think they are over that phase.

I think the lack of action on the stock is a contributor to some of you talking about BBRY still crashing and to that, I say no chance. The company is newer, fresher and healthier than before.
    There is a solid year ahead for them to be somewhat safe. There is plenty of chance for a crash. Way more than not crashing. That's why it's sitting where it is now

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 07:09 PM
    I think they're trying to prevent gaps in trading.
    If you release after market, the stock could end up opening at much higher or lower the following day. But if you release pre market, people will need some time to digest the information so you end up opening closer to the previous close and there is less panic selling or furry buying.
    Releasing results after market also leads to after hours and premarket trading which may exaggerate a drop or climb and hence, once again, panic selling or furry buying. Remember the earnings release back in December? AH, it climbed $2 before dropping a net of $2-$3! Only to climb back up 2-3 weeks later.

This move is likely to try and stem volatility.

But I actually know nothing about stock markets, so don't take my word for it.
    CDM76 and Zouyu like this.
    05-24-13 07:11 PM
    Not sure why but it seems to have started on the last earnings. They cited the fact that it was a holiday the next day for the reason and had the schedule moving forward available then. I like it. On the Thursdays, it was always AM now it's done PM and gives the day, in real time, to react to what is announced.
    It always seemed like an extra trading session when they reported Thursday AM. A lot of people don't have access to after market trading and missed out on some fairly volatile 'sessions'. Maybe this will tame the beast.
    05-24-13 07:16 PM
    On this side of the pond, we say "well endowed". And on this side of the pond, we care more about length than weight. LOL
    "S�v�rement burn�", we say
    05-24-13 07:47 PM
    There is a solid year ahead for them to be somewhat safe. There is plenty of chance for a crash. Way more than not crashing. That's why it's sitting where it is now

Posted via CB10
    Just curious if you've shorted the stock? If you believe that wouldn't it be logical? Not trying to be nasty just interested as to what your position is.
    05-24-13 07:59 PM
    Hilarious .... UBSS, NSDQ, WCHV, TMBR are all lined up to buy at $14.39 on NASDAQ ... nothing for sale to cover their bids, but the looks of it BB is screaming bullish.

I wish I could copy / paste the live streaming BBRY quote.
    Why not?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 08:00 PM
    "5 days to cover" just means that it would take them about 5 days of buying ALL the shares that were traded to cover their positions , but only if they want to.
    No,arginine calls can create forced buying that drives the price up which causes more margin calls. ...

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 08:22 PM
    He is wrong. ;-)

That would mean between institutions and shareholders like us, we'd own 134.7% of the stock...Makes total sense....NOT!
    Actually, the way shorting works it is kinda like that but no new voting shares exist

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-24-13 08:29 PM
    Oh yeah, I meant people I don't see often (for in the wild) - such as other people at the restaurant, on the bus, etc...
    People with z10 don't play games as much. Might be why they are less visible. It is a tool to get work done.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 08:52 PM
    does not matter, TSX is a joke, NASDAQ wags the tail of the the TSX dog, seriously. Rest assured I have looked into this before. Anyways, be careful kids, this BBog can tip either way. You read my posts today, so ******* sick and tired of the bull**** that goes on in the markets. You must trade on your tippy toes 24/7. My advice is do not hold anything overnight and get an excellent Chartered Accountant to manage your paperwork, don't wast time doing it yourself. Your job is to trade and make money. Cheers, BB_T
    Icjr held his TSLA stock over night... I think it worked out pretty well for him

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/05...deur-separate/

Public relations firm Brodeur will no longer represent BlackBerry, an employee told TechnoBuffalo in an email recently. Brodeur has been BlackBerry’s go-to PR firm in the United States for more than 16 years and helped usher in the latest devices and tech, including the BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry’s new operating system..

Interesting...
    05-24-13 09:07 PM
    No,arginine calls can create forced buying that drives the price up which causes more margin calls. ...

Posted via CB10
    True, I was just trying to get the point across that they don't have "only 5 days to cover "

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-24-13 09:29 PM
    True, I was just trying to get the point across that they don't have "only 5 days to cover "

Oh,ya... could take a month.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper and Charles Martin1 like this.
    05-24-13 10:15 PM
    If IBM offers $ 22.50/shr US after the close, will you take it?
    I'll take it on 1000 shares to lower my margin. I'll still have lots of shares. Anything less than 40 is too low.
    05-25-13 02:48 AM
    People with z10 don't play games as much. Might be why they are less visible. It is a tool to get work done.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe for you. For me it's just another great gadget/toy. And I use it for gaming quite regularly.

My thought is that with all the touch screen phones out there it's hard to tell what someone is using once they put a case on it. Which is why I'd LOVE a case with BlackBerry logo on back! Or a sticker I could put on my case.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 02:54 AM
    What has changed to cause so much more shorting?? Me no understand. Do they know something we don't or just ignorant to bbry?
    Well as the Americans in this forum would know, there is lots of negative sentiments on bb in the states which has artificially kept the sp low, but thus created a great investment opportunity for the longs. # don't lie and the QE report will help the sp move to it's proper value.
    05-25-13 03:04 AM
    I sorry for being "Debbie Downer" but remember that pooh pooh can happen and maybe us longs are the fools! Invest with your brain and not your love of the product. I have yet to see a Z10 or a Q10 on a daily basis in the wild.

Have a good weekend!
    Where's that? I've been seeing the q10. The z10 is harder to spot because they sort of look the same from a distance. I know a few who have purchased bb10. This is in Canada.
    BBInPlay likes this.
    05-25-13 03:24 AM
    Thank dog BB on 6.28.2013 is reporting premarket as this will give those invested long or short to react accordingly asap instead of waiting overnight. Yes, I know it will be premarket not when the market is open. All reports should occur when markets are open imho.

I will not be holding anything at report time, may trade accordingly on BB after the report.

I am expecting to see a lousy report.

Cheers, BBT
    05-25-13 03:32 AM
    Where's that? I've been seeing the q10. The z10 is harder to spot because they sort of look the same from a distance. I know a few who have purchased bb10. This is in Canada.
    I have seen only one in the wild, a z10, albeit lots of other products re iPhone and Samsung.
    05-25-13 03:36 AM
    Much depends on what it has to report. Maybe they have finally got a decent PR company to help BB out. I like that they are doing "something" different. What really matter is what they report but it helps to have it reported so it looks "pretty"!
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-25-13 05:09 AM
    Much depends on what it has to report. Maybe they have finally got a decent PR company to help BB out. I like that they are doing "something" different. What really matter is what they report but it helps to have it reported so it looks "pretty"!
    Yup, diamonds are nice but they look a heck of a lot prettier all arranged in a setting and hanging around a woman's neck.

Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-25-13 05:56 AM
    Thank dog BB on 6.28.2013 is reporting premarket as this will give those invested long or short to react accordingly asap instead of waiting overnight. Yes, I know it will be premarket not when the market is open. All reports should occur when markets are open imho.

I will not be holding anything at report time, may trade accordingly on BB after the report.

I am expecting to see a lousy report.

Cheers, BBT
    If your expecting a lousy report would it not seem prudent to short the
    stock the days leading up to ER especially considering the way BB pulls
    back after most reports are issued? Whats holding you back?
    05-25-13 06:20 AM
    I have seen only one in the wild, a z10, albeit lots of other products re iPhone and Samsung.
    Short the heck out of it then...go "all in". ...mortgage the house. borrow the kids lunch money.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 06:44 AM
    Cheers to a good day of trading... Also, this video is going to be the best thing you've seen all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=ZwS14TiO7Pk#!
    Shanerredflag, lcjr, ESCON and 5 others like this.
    05-25-13 06:45 AM
113,256 ... 10941095109610971098 ...