View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Attachment 164873

Green close...sets up well for Monday and Tuesday!
    Don't forget the TSX is delayed by 15 minutes, so unless you grabbed that from your broker BB.TO might actually be higher that $14.93 at close.

Update: crap, it was exactly $14.93 at close.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-24-13 03:14 PM
    +0.05 (0.35%)
    After Hours: 14.48 0.00 (0.00%)
    May 24, 4:05PM EDT

0.35% in your face!!

OK, maybe I'm enjoying Friday just a little too much with my first Propeller IPA beer of the night. Gonna be cold and rainy all weekend? Screw it, it's Friday!
    Cheers
    q649 likes this.
    05-24-13 03:16 PM
    Maybe you do have me on ignore I posted that a couple pages ago lol....
    I'm betting they are up to BUYING before they re target at $18 based on better than expected Q10 sales.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-24-13 03:17 PM
    Short interest has gone up, and they have 5 days to cover(?). We should be going up in the next 5 days. The close today seems to confirm that we have bounced off the trend line.

What do you think, Morgan?
    "5 days to cover" just means that it would take them about 5 days of buying ALL the shares that were traded to cover their positions , but only if they want to.
    05-24-13 03:18 PM
    Bit worried about the shorts. Do you think these are new shorts, or the same current shorts trying to drive the price down?

This is really shaping up to be some thing.

It's like geologists when they know a volcano is going to erupt.

They don't know exactly when or how big it will be....

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 03:30 PM
    What has changed to cause so much more shorting?? Me no understand. Do they know something we don't or just ignorant to bbry?
    05-24-13 03:34 PM
    Bit worried about the shorts. Do you think these are new shorts, or the same current shorts trying to drive the price down?

Posted via CB10
    I just wonder what kind of shenanigans they're going to be up to while we await the June ER.
    05-24-13 03:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Don't worry about the shorts.... embrace them, love them, encourage them. Think of them as tiny flies being drawn into our venus flytrap!

Personally, I hope they are the same shorts, getting in deeper. That way we are more likely to hear about the bankruptcies the BBRY short squeeze caused.
    05-24-13 03:35 PM
    Does anyone know the short interest on BB.TO?
    05-24-13 03:36 PM
    What has changed to cause so much more shorting?? Me no understand. Do they know something we don't or just ignorant to bbry?
    They are in so deep that the only way out is to try and drive the SP down by shorting more and more and more..... hahahahahahahaha.
    05-24-13 03:36 PM
    Short interest has gone up, and they have 5 days to cover(?). We should be going up in the next 5 days. The close today seems to confirm that we have bounced off the trend line.

What do you think, Morgan?
    We won't go up until they are forced to cover which might not happen at all. BlackBerry needs to produce a compiling reason for them to reduce their short positions. I'm thrilled that they are up, I'm not surprised at all as adding to the short count is the only way to drive the price of the stock down here. We are in the sweet zone for some major bullish news here. Let's get the Canadian short position and add them together!!

Seriously, at some point, big money has to see the benefit of buying into this play purely for its short covering rally. The number of days to cover would be huge, it might time months to work through all of the shorts in this trade. Good news indeed! We need more!
    05-24-13 03:41 PM
    They are in so deep that the only way out is to try and drive the SP down by shorting more and more and more..... hahahahahahahaha.
    I have settled on a name for my boat... SS Thank you BBRY Shorts
    05-24-13 03:43 PM
    We won't go up until they are forced to cover which might not happen at all. BlackBerry needs to produce a compiling reason for them to reduce their short positions. I'm thrilled that they are up, I'm not surprised at all as adding to the short count is the only way to drive the price of the stock down here. We are in the sweet zone for some major bullish news here. Let's get the Canadian short position and add them together!!

Seriously, at some point, big money has to see the benefit of buying into this play purely for its short covering rally. The number of days to cover would be huge, it might time months to work through all of the shorts in this trade. Good news indeed! We need more!
    Even without a squeeze, june should be a good month to make some gains for BBRY...I hope.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    05-24-13 03:45 PM
    Just think about how many more were added since that reporting period. Today is only the second green day since then.
    05-24-13 03:46 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-new-1.jpg

Looks like it's the Americans that keep shorting more.
    05-24-13 03:49 PM
    I have settled on a name for my boat... SS Thank you BBRY Shorts
    The ladies tanning on the beach might missinterpret it as perverted...lol...
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-24-13 03:51 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new-1.jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	201.6 KB 
ID:	164883
    Interesting. It actually dropped on the TSX.
    05-24-13 03:53 PM
    My question would be (since I trade on the TSX), would the increase in valuation of BBRY effect BB as well regardless of short position. I.E - if BBRY shorts covered rallied to 60, would BB also rally?

I assume yes since people holding BB would not sell until that price?
    05-24-13 03:55 PM
    So we've got 34.7% of the float shorted, 60% institutionally owned, and all that leaves is 5.3% for folks like us. Oh man this is going to be an interesting summer. Should be a good Christmas this year... lol
    05-24-13 03:57 PM
    My question would be (since I trade on the TSX), would the increase in valuation of BBRY effect BB as well regardless of short position. I.E - if BBRY shorts covered rallied to 60, would BB also rally?

I assume yes since people holding BB would not sell until that price?
    I would say yes, as a bear raid on the Nasdaq will have a direct effect on the TSX. They tend to mirror eachother with small slight exceptions like late buyers at the bell and exchange rate.
    Compaqee likes this.
    05-24-13 04:01 PM
    does not matter, TSX is a joke, NASDAQ wags the tail of the the TSX dog, seriously. Rest assured I have looked into this before. Anyways, be careful kids, this BBog can tip either way. You read my posts today, so ******* sick and tired of the bull**** that goes on in the markets. You must trade on your tippy toes 24/7. My advice is do not hold anything overnight and get an excellent Chartered Accountant to manage your paperwork, don't wast time doing it yourself. Your job is to trade and make money. Cheers, BB_T
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new-1.jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	201.6 KB 
ID:	164883

Looks like it's the Americans that keep shorting more.
    Anyone knows the number share locations between TO and Nasdaq?
    So we've got 34.7% of the float shorted, 60% institutionally owned, and all that leaves is 5.3% for folks like us. Oh man this is going to be an interesting summer. Should be a good Christmas this year... lol
    Your math is wrong. It shall be
    34.7% shorts, 60% institutional holding and 74.7% for folks like us.
    It means that the majority owners are the individual investors like you and me who are more convinced about the future of BlackBerry.
    05-24-13 04:05 PM
    Your math is wrong. It shall be
    34.7% shorts, 60% institutional holding and 74.7% for folks like us.
    It means that the majority owners are the individual investors like you and me who are more convinced about the future of BlackBerry.
    Ok so you've just confused me. If there was no short interest at all, and 60% is institutionally owned, we'd have 40% left over for the individual investor. Now add the short interest, in which the shares are spoken for but loaned out, where do you get 74.7% from?
    q649 likes this.
    05-24-13 04:13 PM
    He is wrong. ;-)

That would mean between institutions and shareholders like us, we'd own 134.7% of the stock...Makes total sense....NOT!

Ok so you've just confused me. If there was no short interest at all, and 60% is institutionally owned, we'd have 40% left over for the individual investor. Now add the short interest, in which the shares are spoken for but loaned out, where do you get 74.7% from?
    05-24-13 04:20 PM
113,256 ... 10921093109410951096 ...