View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Heins has literally not mentioned anything regarding sales in a very long time. The last comment he made was the "selling 10's of millions of Q10's." I find it really strange bc there has to be some pressure from investors contacting IR to release some good news.

My gut feeling though is that sales have completely destroyed BBRY's estimates. The biggest tell for me is the "pushback" of the US Q10 launch. Heins has repeatedly stated that it would be released at the end of May. The sales so far must be absolutley astounding if they no longer think it's that important to get every last day out of the US sales to contribute to the upcoming earnings release.

If HTC supposedly sold 5 million One's in 1 month there's no reason BBRY should not be around that range too. Especially since BBRY has the corporate sales that HTC doesn't have. I rarely hear about the HTC One in my circle which mainly consists of Iphones and Blackberries. It's a really good sign if the HTC one can sell that many with barely any marketing.

Another purely hypothetical reason may be that they are working on a buyout with a company and they don't want to release news that would inflate the share price and make the company looking to buy upset.
    Yes, the silence is deafening. It could be freaking awesome.....or terrifying. I doubt it will be ho-hum.
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    05-24-13 09:22 AM
    Agree...MORE COWBELL

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 09:23 AM
    Workin' on it...
    You arm must get tired!

But keep it up!
    05-24-13 09:23 AM
    Heins has literally not mentioned anything regarding sales in a very long time. The last comment he made was the "selling 10's of millions of Q10's." I find it really strange bc there has to be some pressure from investors contacting IR to release some good news.

My gut feeling though is that sales have completely destroyed BBRY's estimates. The biggest tell for me is the "pushback" of the US Q10 launch. Heins has repeatedly stated that it would be released at the end of May. The sales so far must be absolutley astounding if they no longer think it's that important to get every last day out of the US sales to contribute to the upcoming earnings release.

If HTC supposedly sold 5 million One's in 1 month there's no reason BBRY should not be around that range too. Especially since BBRY has the corporate sales that HTC doesn't have. I rarely hear about the HTC One in my circle which mainly consists of Iphones and Blackberries. It's a really good sign if the HTC one can sell that many with barely any marketing.

Another purely hypothetical reason may be that they are working on a buyout with a company and they don't want to release news that would inflate the share price and make the company looking to buy upset.
    I couldn't agree with you more!!! You don't delay a launch because you hold excess inventory, you do it because carriers are demanding more stock in a short turnover time. I believe BlackBerry can't supply enough phones to build carrier inventory to safe levels at the Enterprise level. All we hear about is retail not enterprise and that's where the complicated packaged deals are happening. He would love to launch in the US but the inventory level to do so must be in the 2 million handset arena. We could be in for some blow out numbers in the weeks ahead. Today, with the DOW down, we are breaking out of a downtrend. This might be the last chance to buy BBRY in the $ 14.00's for a very long time.

Great message, thanks.
    05-24-13 09:24 AM
    You arm must get tired!

But keep it up!
    I get a LOT of practice
    05-24-13 09:26 AM
    Yes, the silence is deafening. It could be freaking awesome.....or terrifying. I doubt it will be ho-hum.
    Most definitely. It's either going to be Public Transit or Ferrari time this earnings. No in between. The silence is super weird though and it's going to give me an ulcer lol.
    05-24-13 09:26 AM
    Workin' on it...
    Here...lemme help ya out:

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 09:27 AM
    I wonder how the cash is holding up.
    05-24-13 09:34 AM
    Going to be boringly slow. Chat tonight guys.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-24-13 09:37 AM
    no volume today = sell off today, imho.
    05-24-13 09:41 AM
    I consulted the tea leafs...green 2.5 % by end of day . Ride the trend baby.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-24-13 09:41 AM
    I wonder how the cash is holding up.
    This could be a nice deciding factors for analysts.. if they're torn by lucrative sales, and slightly lower margins, but BBRY is able to ADD to the cash on hand - how much longer can people be afraid that this company is going to burn through it's reserves and "live off it's legacy profits"?? This argument becomes completely moot for quite a while. And, MAYBE, BBRY starts up some serious buybacks to pressure the shorts into making the right decision... Followed by ASM asking for permission to buyback more
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-24-13 09:43 AM
    fyi, been looking for a comprehensive news link, have several, but i like this one, imagine that, by google, duh!

Research In Motion Ltd: TSE:BB market news - Google Finance
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-24-13 09:47 AM
    05-24-13 09:56 AM
    Short Sellers Key Note?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 09:57 AM
    "For BlackBerry, all of this is welcome news. Insiders speculate that we could start to see a QNX takeover of automotive entertainment systems within the next two to three years."
    05-24-13 09:57 AM
    i need a drink, anyone else?
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-24-13 10:01 AM
    i need a drink, anyone else?
    Riding my exercise bike...sure could use one
    ..lol
    05-24-13 10:08 AM
    Well we made it through the 10-11 time frame without the usual dip so that's good. Also it seems that just a few minutes ago there was a substantial (relatively) amount of volume resulting in a steep dip down. Interestingly enough, this didn't really do too much at all aside from drop us a few cents back to the break even point. I don't expect a lot out of today but it's nice to see efforts to drag it down unsuccessful.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-24-13 10:12 AM
    I couldn't agree with you more!!! You don't delay a launch because you hold excess inventory, you do it because carriers are demanding more stock in a short turnover time. I believe BlackBerry can't supply enough phones to build carrier inventory to safe levels at the Enterprise level. All we hear about is retail not enterprise and that's where the complicated packaged deals are happening. He would love to launch in the US but the inventory level to do so must be in the 2 million handset arena. We could be in for some blow out numbers in the weeks ahead. Today, with the DOW down, we are breaking out of a downtrend. This might be the last chance to buy BBRY in the $ 14.00's for a very long time.

Great message, thanks.
    There are some enterprise/gov sales we hear about now and then, and a few were mentioned at BB Live. But for us to hear about enterprise/gov sales, it would have to be consented to by the enterprise/gov. Heins did mention something like 10,000 plus BES10.1 downloads. I'm assuming then that 10,000 plus enterprise/gov are currently purchasing BB10 phones. I'm guessing that the average purchase is somewhere between 100 - 500 phones. Thus between 1 mil to 5 mil delivered or soon to be ordered.

The bears have thrown everything at BB including the kitchen sink and it only drifted down a little, time for it to drift back up hopefully this time to it's true market value of $20+.
    Last edited by junelises; 05-24-13 at 10:24 AM.
    05-24-13 10:14 AM
    Raid coming I wonder...
    05-24-13 10:24 AM
    Raid coming I wonder...
    Nah, doesn't seem to be. I'm sure if a real raid comes now their aim is to blowout the $14 stops.
    05-24-13 10:26 AM
    Raid coming I wonder...
    They certainly seem to be trying!!
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    05-24-13 10:27 AM
    Just increased my position by 1/4

June 28th can’t come soon enough
    05-24-13 10:37 AM
    Slow day...guess everyone is getting ready for the long weekend in the States

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-24-13 10:42 AM
113,250 ... 10861087108810891090 ...