View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Good observation but there is no logical reason to believe past observations will be repeated.
    True, except that they did happen, so it is possible to happen again.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-24-13 08:42 AM
    Good observation but there is no logical reason to believe past observations will be repeated.
    Sure, but there's also no logical reason to believe with certainty that it won't.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-24-13 08:43 AM
    Since when does Logic come into play on BB share trading? LoL
    05-24-13 08:45 AM
    Sure, but there's also no logical reason to believe with certainty that it won't.
    There's no logical reason to any of BBRY's stock price moves lately anyways. We're all strapped into a rollercoaster just enjoy the ride lol.
    m0de25 and bungaboy like this.
    05-24-13 08:45 AM
    The sentiment is positive and so it's the continuous streaming of people looking to buy that causes the price to rise. There are sellers at every price.

I liken it to balancing the water on your shower...hot are buyers and cold are sellers...the example works well to explain it.
    Troublesome when the hot water tank dies...lol that's like a Nortel.
    05-24-13 08:46 AM
    Unless Canadian bulls are taking advantage of the NASDAQ holiday to put pressure on the American short sellers.

Would make for a nerve wracking day to watch the stock climb, knowing you can't cover your position until the following day and with no idea where the stock will open that day.

BB on the TSX deals with much smaller volumes than BBRY. A day of big purchases there would show up as a much stronger signal than the same money spent on the NASDAQ.

(And looking back, the trend line that gave us the 1 year high in Jan was started by that November day of trading.)
    Indeed. If you were Prim, or ML, why would you let a day with no American shorts come and go without stocking up on volume of BBRY at CHEAP prices?
    05-24-13 08:46 AM
    What is a sleeper cell, anyone able to explain ?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 08:48 AM
    There's no logical reason to any of BBRY's stock price moves lately anyways. We're all strapped into a rollercoaster just enjoy the ride lol.
    Haha yeah, I agree entirely. I'm not really expecting a huge jump on Mon/Tues, just saying that Nasdaq isn't the only force affecting this particular beast.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-24-13 08:51 AM
    January 21st of this year was another day like that.

Closed in the US on the 18th at $15.84, opened on the 22nd at $17.07, then went on to set a new high for the year.

Once is a fluke, twice is a trend....
    tygros and bungaboy like this.
    05-24-13 08:51 AM
    Does anyone know if their company (or a friend's company) has purchased a batch of Q10 phones?
    05-24-13 08:54 AM
    We need some news to create a special day on Monday, it isn't likely to happen on its own. Today, we are trying to breakout of a funk here, we need to close even or slightly higher to end this sell-off and begin a new rally. The DOW isn't helping us out here is it?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-may-24a-2013-chart.jpg

Its simple, do we close above the downtrend line and rally from here, or do we slip back and test the BB at $ 14.12/shr this morning? With the DOW down, we have to turn the stock around on our own. Watch this chart to see if we are finally about to rally. Heins, are you watching?
    05-24-13 09:00 AM
    What is a sleeper cell, anyone able to explain ?

Posted via CB10
    Someone who lies in wait, not letting on their real position or motives. Perfect example would be secret military operations where a spy infiltrates an opposing faction posing as one thing while waiting until the opportune moment to implement their plan.
    bungaboy and Komoto like this.
    05-24-13 09:01 AM
    LMAO..... lc is our sleeper cell... ahahahaha
    He's our Jack Reacher...fighting the good BlackBerry fight hahaha

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 09:02 AM
    We need some news to create a special day on Monday, it isn't likely to happen on its own. Today, we are trying to breakout of a funk here, we need to close even or slightly higher to end this sell-off and begin a new rally. The DOW isn't helping us out here is it?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIM May 24a  2013 Chart.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	164760

Its simple, do we close above the downtrend line and rally from here, or do we slip back and test the BB at $ 14.12/shr this morning? With the DOW down, we have to turn the stock around on our own. Watch this chart to see if we are finally about to rally. Heins, are you watching?
    As someone else reminded us earlier, we get Short #'s after close today - will that be enough news if it's back up big again as it seems to be with this pullback?
    05-24-13 09:03 AM
    I disagree. Without news it's doing exactly what I've expected, based on the MACD and RSI
    05-24-13 09:03 AM
    Indeed. If you were Prim, or ML, why would you let a day with no American shorts come and go without stocking up on volume of BBRY at CHEAP prices?
    They're already in for their commitment. They're not watching every tiny movement.
    05-24-13 09:07 AM
    I disagree. Without news it's doing exactly what I've expected, based on the MACD and RSI
    Are those two metrics pointing to a higher or lower share price for bbry?
    05-24-13 09:10 AM
    A quick look at the app situation....

Here’s what I found in my cursory look: Of the top 20 paid apps in Google Play that weren’t utility type applications, BlackBerry was missing two and Windows Phone lacked six; two of which were also missing on BlackBerry — Need for Speed, Most Wanted and Minecraft.

Minecraft

The latter strikes me as odd since Minecraft is one of the top indie game downloads on Microsoft’s Xbox 360. The four that were missing only from Windows Phone? World of Goo, Tapatalk, TuneIn Radio Pro (TuneIn is available) and Where’s My Water. That’s not too bad.

So why the low figures from Canalys? It has to do with those utilities I mentioned, which are fairly specific to Android’s more open take on apps: You can modify system settings, install third-party keyboards, etc. Several of the top paid Android apps missing on the other two platforms are titles like: Swiftkey Keyboard, Titanium Backup Pro, Nova Launcher Prime (a home screen customizer), Beautiful Widgets Pro, Root Explorer and ROM Manager, for example. Several of these are in the top 10, in fact. And guess what: None of these are available for iOS either.

Why you should do your own mobile app store research before buying a phone — Tech News and Analysis
    05-24-13 09:10 AM
    What a whipsaw of a day, since the open have been long 2x, short 1x, short again, in the money, +1.86+ % so far today.
    I have no idea where BB is going, albeit I suspect the markets are heading lower today, trade the trend.
    Good luck everyone, back later, too busy to trade and post, no idea how you guys do both or do you? just buy and hold?
    Cheers, BB_T
    05-24-13 09:12 AM
    As someone else reminded us earlier, we get Short #'s after close today - will that be enough news if it's back up big again as it seems to be with this pullback?

That is news! You are right, if the market sees the latest short position as something bullish we will go higher on Monday. But this is not because it is Monday and a holiday in the US, it is because the news is making the stock move.

Here is a different look at the stock, note that we correct all the time in cycles within the pennant formation.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-may-24c-2013-chart.jpg

You can see that we are turning bullish today, at the bottom of the pennant formation and when we drop this low, we get more buyers than sellers. The stock is well supported this morning even with the DOW down 80 pts because the chart is about to turn bullish. Let's see if we can hold the neutral level and rally later on today. The trade has clearly turned positive today.
    05-24-13 09:16 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIM May 24a  2013 Chart.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	164760

Heins has literally not mentioned anything regarding sales in a very long time. The last comment he made was the "selling 10's of millions of Q10's." I find it really strange bc there has to be some pressure from investors contacting IR to release some good news.

My gut feeling though is that sales have completely destroyed BBRY's estimates. The biggest tell for me is the "pushback" of the US Q10 launch. Heins has repeatedly stated that it would be released at the end of May. The sales so far must be absolutley astounding if they no longer think it's that important to get every last day out of the US sales to contribute to the upcoming earnings release.

If HTC supposedly sold 5 million One's in 1 month there's no reason BBRY should not be around that range too. Especially since BBRY has the corporate sales that HTC doesn't have. I rarely hear about the HTC One in my circle which mainly consists of Iphones and Blackberries. It's a really good sign if the HTC one can sell that many with barely any marketing.

Another purely hypothetical reason may be that they are working on a buyout with a company and they don't want to release news that would inflate the share price and make the company looking to buy upset.
    05-24-13 09:17 AM
    Are those two metrics pointing to a higher or lower share price for bbry?
    I believe lower until we see a meaningful catalyst for a turnaround. If no news for a while it could get to the point where a lot of people sell and we're in the $13s somewhere.
    05-24-13 09:17 AM
    Enough stagnant holding....
    It' about to be 1030 rally time! Let's get this thing up to $14.99 for the day - anything over is gravy, but probably won't hold, IMHO...

"More cowbell, please!"
    05-24-13 09:19 AM
    It could be a good day as the DOW is down.
    05-24-13 09:21 AM
    "More cowbell, please!"
    Workin' on it...
    05-24-13 09:22 AM
113,256 ... 10851086108710881089 ...