View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I just figure it may have caused one person to make a big buy in the premarket.

This may fizzle before markets open.
    Ya. Could be. PM volume is light. Just passed the 100,000 share mark.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 07:36 AM
    How many shares?
    Sorry, that was just a general comment in reaction to the sudden jump. Largest order was 10K.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-24-13 07:36 AM
    And it continues . . . . .

Apple moaning that Google Now on Galaxy S4 copies Siri's patents

Tech Radar

Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:55 AM GMT

Apple has filed a new set of patent infringements in its ongoing legal battle, and this time it has the Samsung Galaxy S4 in its sights.

According to the papers filed by Apple, the Cupertino-based firm isn't best pleased about the way Samsung has implemented the Google Now feature on its latest flagship smartphone.

It's claiming the handset infringes on the some of the patents it holds for Siri, which it's already flagged up on other Samsung devices.

Foss Patents picked up a line in the firm's legal documentation which reads: "Apple determined that the Galaxy S4 product practices many of the same claims already asserted by Apple, and that the Galaxy S4 practices those claims in the same way as the already-accused Samsung devices."

There's some positive news for Samsung though, as Apple tried to challenge one of the patents in question - referring to Google's Android Quick Search Box - back in 2012 in relation to the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, but the judge in charge of the hearing overruled the Cupertino firm.

With a positive history already surrounding this particular area of the dispute Samsung has reason to feel pretty confident going into court, but you can be sure Apple's army of lawyers won't give up without a fight.
    05-24-13 07:40 AM
    Seems that it's more buys than sells in premarkets. Hopefully it sticks and the same momentum continues once the market opens. Positive thinking so far....
    05-24-13 07:46 AM
    If it wasn't an OPEX day, I'd agree - but there's no way covered call sellers let that happen - do they?
    For most covered call sellers, they are retail longs. It actually goes opposite direction, i.e.,
    When the SP approaching to its strike price, those covered call sellers have two options, 1) buy back the calls (still making money) or 3) buy additional shares to cover the calls. In either case, it can drive up the SP.
    On the other hand, the naked call sellers who are mostly the MM who will short more shares to keep the price at or under the strike price.
    05-24-13 07:51 AM
    Got to love the "Store Checks." Blackberry is sold at around 3000 retail locations in Canada last I remember. What does a check of 30 stores do? Okay back to what I was doing. Good morning everyone.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Shanerredflag and zyben like this.
    05-24-13 07:55 AM
    Here is this mornings chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-may-24-2013-chart.jpg

I mentioned at the end of the day that today we are going to rally. The Bollinger Bands show we hit the bottom/support ..... and the downtrend line will be broken if we only open flat. The downtrend line is at $ 14.41/shr this morning as well as the 3-dma. As long as the general market holds up, we will rally from here to the centerline of the BB's at $ 15.25/shr., or this week's high.

The downside is limited to $ 14.20/shr with the upside to the top of the Bollinger Bands at $ 16.25/shr. So don't be surprised if the stock rallies after the hit it has taken this past 3 days.

On this chart, we have a large circle on the left showing how the stock tried and failed to climb outside the BB;s, the circle on the right shows us once again, the stock trying to drop below/outside the BB's, not going to happen. The small circle shows us where support on the BB's is. The centerline is the neutral zone at $ 15.25/shr which is the first level of resistance for this rally. This is a triple bullish TA day so look for a rally.
    05-24-13 07:56 AM
    Given it's Memorial Day on Monday, it could be relatively slow today.
    05-24-13 08:01 AM
    Given it's Memorial Day on Monday, it could be relatively slow today.
    That means huge rally for BB.TO on Monday with no Nasdaq to hold it back!
    05-24-13 08:06 AM
    That means huge rally for BB.TO on Monday with no Nasdaq to hold it back!
    I'm hoping too. In fact, given the exchange rate, and if a positive day, we may see BB.TO hit $16 today.
    05-24-13 08:09 AM
    Here is this mornings chart:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIM May 24  2013 Chart.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	164731

I mentioned at the end of the day that today we are going to rally. The Bollinger Bands show we hit the bottom/support ..... and the downtrend line will be broken if we only open flat. The downtrend line is at $ 14.41/shr this morning as well as the 3-dma. As long as the general market holds up, we will rally from here to the centerline of the BB's at $ 15.25/shr., or this week's high.

The downside is limited to $ 14.20/shr with the upside to the top of the Bollinger Bands at $ 16.25/shr. So don't be surprised if the stock rallies after the hit it has taken this past 3 days.

On this chart, we have a large circle on the left showing how the stock tried and failed to climb outside the BB;s, the circle on the right shows us once again, the stock trying to drop below/outside the BB's, not going to happen. The small circle shows us where support on the BB's is. The centerline is the neutral zone at $ 15.25/shr which is the first level of resistance for this rally. This is a triple bullish TA day so look for a rally.
    For this push, it needs buyers, no?
    So if you have cash that you're wanting to put back in, we should do it before $15? Otherwise we miss Mondays uninterrupted TSX run-up and today's breakout - no?
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    05-24-13 08:11 AM
    So if you have cash that you're wanting to put back in, we should do it before $15? Otherwise we miss Mondays uninterrupted TSX run-up and today's breakout - no?
    Perhaps. The cash I'm holding is strictly for dips, not this purpose.
    05-24-13 08:13 AM
    There will likely be no volume on Monday as this stock is driven by its US trade. Whatever gain we get on Monday will be adjusted on Tuesday. Unless Heins comes out with a launch date for the Q10 in the US, there isn't going to be a rally. The Canadian price is further adjusted by the currency so I wouldn't expect anything meaningful to happen on Monday. We have a chance to put in a nice rally today, I hope we climb to resistance today and hold onto the gain on Monday in Canada. The stock is a buy above the downtrend line on my chart with support just below that at $ 14.20/shr. Watch for our opening and hope we don't turn negative all day, ideally, we gap up and don't back up and fill that gap. GL
    05-24-13 08:19 AM
    Seems that it's more buys than sells in premarkets. Hopefully it sticks and the same momentum continues once the market opens. Positive thinking so far....
    Help me with this Charles please. I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

In order for someone to buy . . . . doesn't someone have to sell? LoL

I think I get what you mean though.
    05-24-13 08:20 AM
    There will likely be no volume on Monday as this stock is driven by its US trade. Whatever gain we get on Monday will be adjusted on Tuesday. Unless Heins comes out with a launch date for the Q10 in the US, there isn't going to be a rally. The Canadian price is further adjusted by the currency so I wouldn't expect anything meaningful to happen on Monday. We have a chance to put in a nice rally today, I hope we climb to resistance today and hold onto the gain on Monday in Canada. The stock is a buy above the downtrend line on my chart with support just below that at $ 14.20/shr. Watch for our opening and hope we don't turn negative all day, ideally, we gap up and don't back up and fill that gap. GL
    Awwww... you had to burst our bubble.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-24-13 08:22 AM
    Just wonder that the big buyer in the premarket could be the one who got some inside info regarding to DoD's decision this morning through a phone call with his buddy in DoD.
    05-24-13 08:26 AM
    Just wonder that the big buyer in the premarket could be the one who got some inside info regarding to DoD's decision this morning through a phone call with his buddy in DoD.
    Perhaps someone who is normally in El Paso, but currently in Germany avoiding the reach of the SEC???
    05-24-13 08:27 AM
    Could be true, but if you look at Thanksgiving (US) last year, Nov 22nd:
    Nov 21st Close: 10.27
    Nov 23rd Open: 11.60

Up over 10% and, as far as I remember, there wasn't really new news on that day.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-24-13 08:28 AM
    Guess who is dressed in a bull suit this morning?
    All good here. Picked up 1500 shares of BB late yesterday at $14.88 CDN.
    Spin your magic Wall Street.
    Have a great day everyone.
    Rest assured, my finger is on the trigger to sell.
    I don't care which way BB goes, long or short, all about making money, however, for the moment, yes please, rally up please BB.
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-24-13 08:28 AM
    Perhaps someone who is normally in El Paso, but currently in Germany avoiding the reach of the SEC???
    LMAO..... lc is our sleeper cell... ahahahaha
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    05-24-13 08:29 AM
    Could be true, but if you look at Thanksgiving (US) last year, Nov 22nd:
    Nov 21st Close: 10.27
    Nov 23rd Open: 11.60

Up over 10% and, as far as I remember, there wasn't really new news on that day.
    January 21st of this year was another day like that.

Closed in the US on the 18th at $15.84, opened on the 22nd at $17.07, then went on to set a new high for the year.
    05-24-13 08:33 AM
    Help me with this Charles please. I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

In order for someone to buy . . . . doesn't someone have to sell? LoL

I think I get what you mean though.
    The sentiment is positive and so it's the continuous streaming of people looking to buy that causes the price to rise. There are sellers at every price.

I liken it to balancing the water on your shower...hot are buyers and cold are sellers...the example works well to explain it.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-24-13 08:33 AM
    January 21st of this year was another day like that.

Closed in the US on the 18th at $15.84, opened on the 22nd at $17.07, then went on to set a new high for the year.
    Good observation but there is no logical reason to believe past observations will be repeated.
    morganplus8 and CDM76 like this.
    05-24-13 08:36 AM
    Good observation but there is no logical reason to believe past observations will be repeated.
    Unless Canadian bulls are taking advantage of the NASDAQ holiday to put pressure on the American short sellers.

Would make for a nerve wracking day to watch the stock climb, knowing you can't cover your position until the following day and with no idea where the stock will open that day.

BB on the TSX deals with much smaller volumes than BBRY. A day of big purchases there would show up as a much stronger signal than the same money spent on the NASDAQ.

(And looking back, the trend line that gave us the 1 year high in Jan was started by that November day of trading.)
    bungaboy, Bugmapper and fedakd like this.
    05-24-13 08:39 AM
    I agree with you and we also need to take into account that both of those dates were pre release so sp was moving based purely on speculation and hype. We are now looking for real news to move this.
    morganplus8, jxnb and doctor gonzo like this.
    05-24-13 08:40 AM
113,256 ... 10841085108610871088 ...