View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Good one, interesting, all the best, have a nice night / Friday. Cheers, BBT ... Watch at the 4:10 minute mark BNN Video Player
    Great find! Great message.
    Bugmapper, kfh227, m0de25 and 2 others like this.
    05-23-13 06:38 PM
    Yah i don't get it either...these store checks are solely focused on the average consumer when alot of people know businesses will be the primary buyers
    Even still the store checks seem great in Canada and at least ok in the UK. Look at the projected eps of - 1.24 for 2014 is this fool on crack, yet he maintains a hold rating with a target of $8.00 what a ...........
    05-23-13 06:39 PM
    Even still the store checks seem great in Canada and at least ok in the UK. Look at the projected eps of - 1.24 for 2014 is this fool on crack, yet he maintains a hold rating with a target of $8.00 what a ...........
    When June and then September ERs come BBRY is going to rocket!

What's getting good now is that the bloody fools seem to believe their lies...there's a lot more shorts and they're even paying a premium to do it.
    05-23-13 06:52 PM
    Yep I think there's going to be a lot of very long (Bear) faces
    05-23-13 06:56 PM
    At this point ANY Q1 profit will cause a huge lift to estimates for the year. Remember, Thor said break-even Q1, and up from there. There's no way you can be up from a positive Q1 and somehow end up negative for the year. That's a massive swing from these douchenozzle's estimates. Huge potential if/when he surprises again in Q1.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 07:00 PM
    Just imagine when the shorts have to start covering. A tesla type squeeze would be so sweet.

Btw - want to hear how great the Lord is? Last august the home business was struggling so decided to get a job to help out. So He provided me with a great job. I figured i should put some of the job money into stocks, apple of all ones, so I logged into my td account I hadn't been in for years. Back in 2008 i was going to do a website for a public company and purchased $1000 of its penny stock. Company never did anything so forgot about it. Well when I logged into my account 4 years later now it was at $40,000 at which time I crapped my pants. All through the financial trials last year the Lord was working behind the scenes. His timing is perfect. So keep faith and trust in Him.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-23-13 07:11 PM
    Just imagine when the shorts have to start covering. A tesla type squeeze would be so sweet.

Btw - want to hear how great the Lord is? Last august the home business was struggling so decided to get a job to help out. So He provided me with a great job. I figured i should put some of the job money into stocks, apple of all ones, so I logged into my td account I hadn't been in for years. Back in 2008 i was going to do a website for a public company and purchased $1000 of its penny stock. Company never did anything so forgot about it. Well when I logged into my account 4 years later now it was at $40,000 at which time I crapped my pants. All through the financial trials last year the Lord was working behind the scenes. His timing is perfect. So keep faith and trust in Him.

That's awesome!! Although I am really happy for you, along with leaving politics out of our posts, I think the same should apply to religion... especially when the sentiment is to encourage one to believe and have faith in the same diety as yourself.

Posted via CB10
    m0de25, Bugmapper, q649 and 6 others like this.
    05-23-13 07:28 PM
    Great posts today gentlemen...holy, takes a while to read.

Anecdotal again but here is my news:

Friend is flying to Chicago today for a meeting, to my surprise friend bought a Z10 and has some time while waiting to depart on the runway for some kind of holdup...friend is playing with her new device and is struggling because of course it is a bit diffrent...Flight attendant sees this, comments on her struggles and precedes to not only show her some tricks but set up some perameter etc for her and talk about how awesome the device is!!!

Now...don't tell me that our BlackBerry isn't catching on.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 07:52 PM
    just to get a view from the other side...anyone think its possible we may not break even this quarter? just cause we havn't heard much in relations to sell throughs or like updated productions so im just contemplating the idea we may disappoint this Q
    05-23-13 08:21 PM
    just to get a view from the other side...anyone think its possible we may not break even this quarter? just cause we havn't heard much in relations to sell throughs or like updated productions so im just contemplating the idea we may disappoint this Q
    Hey...no I think I remember reading that TH adjusted his numbers to be a profit from a small loss...and again the lack of news is consistent with "good results" with him and his style...I'm sure all is fine.

Posted via CB10
    tygros and bungaboy like this.
    05-23-13 08:35 PM
    It's possible... but we started out with a million order. So if they could do 1 million per month that is 4mill for the quarter. Not too unreasonable when they got 1 mill last q with basically UK and Canada.

Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-23-13 08:46 PM
    I terms of earnings, I could care less.

I'd like to see 3 things.
    Total equity drop no more than 100 million. Cash/equivalents not drop by more than $100 million. And positive FCF.

People need to stop looking at earnings. What matters is free cash flow. I'd love to see $250+ million in FCF this quarter.

Free Cash Flow Yield: The Best Fundamental Indicator
    Free Cash Flow: Free, But Not Always Easy
    05-23-13 08:49 PM
    And you think our stock has problems:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...che-ferry.html

Posted via CB10
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    05-23-13 09:13 PM
    And a big thanks to everyone for your contribution.
    I'm just a recreational investor, if there is such a thing, and truly love the sharing of knowledge, insight and cooperation shown by the majority on here...well done.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 09:17 PM
    Good one, interesting, all the best, have a nice night / Friday. Cheers, BBT ... Watch at the 4:10 minute mark BNN Video Player
    This guy seems happier than a 10 year old on christmas day. It's like he knows the stock will start skyrocketing soon and he's giddy with joy!!
    05-23-13 09:19 PM
    And you think our stock has problems:

Vancouver man abandons Porsche on B.C. ferry - British Columbia - CBC News

Posted via CB10
    lol? I can imagine the conversation with the police.
    "Yes, that is my car. I couldn't find my car so I figured I must have left it at home so I took the bus home instead."
    05-23-13 09:21 PM
    When the Z10 came out we got some positive news about how the phone was selling, after UK and Canadian launch. Now after a month, or so with the launch of the Q10 we have not heard of how sales are going. The Q10 has been mention as the phone many current, and former query keyboard users waited for. The phone the had the most appeal with corporate businesses to upgrade their old BB phones. So where is the news?

We know what's going to happen in June with the US launch - sales are moderate and no lineup anywhere to be seen. Definitely the story the bears will come to raid.

The thing I have been disappointed with BB is there lack of PR, and vague release dates. They can't even tell us when the US launch is. Sometime in June when one the US carrier start to advertise for pre-sale. Maybe 6 or 7 years ago this would be a big thing when BB was top gun - not now.

Lets hope for the best, and maybe some solid good news other having Peter Misek of Jefferies bullish views, or rumours of Carl Icahn (wouldn't be bad though ) .

Here's what we need to see happen, but regarding BB :

Samsung Galaxy S4 Fastest Selling Android Smartphone Ever | Photos
    05-23-13 09:32 PM
    Was there one, even one photo of a line up for this Samsung phone? Honest question.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-23-13 09:50 PM
    Was there one, even one photo of a line up for this Samsung phone? Honest question.

Posted via CB10
    Unless there is a promo, you'll never see huge line ups for any phones other than Apple products.
    Simple reason, Apple constrains stock to hype their product.
    But seriously, I would never line up to BUY a phone. No, not even a Blackberry.
    Now if it were free, that is a different story.
    plane6065, CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    05-23-13 10:10 PM
    Unless there is a promo, you'll never see huge line ups for any phones other than Apple products.
    Lol...agree 100%, ....savingblackberry (2/3 other threads in BBRY ) has me flustered haha.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-23-13 10:20 PM

True enough but Samsung is a giant in electronic / phone industry (probably bigger than apple) in world wide sales. I doubt they need to mislead anyone by saying 10 million S4 sales in less than a month or have lineups.

My point was with the attached link was Samsung comes out and tell their sales number (albeit initial unaudited sales figures). BB doesn't (or haven't yet) given initial sales figure. We can only guess, or if your a stockholder pray.

Lets hope for the best for BB and its future. I think they have some great innovation and products for the future. I really like the new operating system and QNX.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 10:23 PM
    Oh I know...I was just venting a bit... didn't mean to single out your post..
    Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-23-13 10:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    No, I don't think there was. I wasn't really even aware the S4 had launched in the US until I saw one in a meeting earlier this week (in the hands of my CEO, to be honest). I'm really skeptical of the Samsung sell through numbers in terms of their timing. Now the S4 is a great phone. I'm sure that every single S4 made to date has been sold or will be sold. So if Samsung wants to call everything it has shipped as "sold", well they are probably right. But if we are going to compare their number to the numbers of iPhones that made it into a consumer's hands during its first month, then I'm not sure if we are comparing apples to apples (if you will excuse the pun).

But yes, I find it funny that the Z10 launch in the US that only really needs to sell 5 million or so by the end of the year to be a huge success, gets called out for lack of lines. But the GS4, which needs to sell 40 million to be a success seems to get a free pass.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-23-13 10:39 PM
    Apple does not supply constrain. Apple does not supply constrain. Why people think that, I just don't know. Cutting edge technology that needs to get duplicated 10 million times for a specific sale on a launch date is hard. And frankly since manufacturing mistakes can be made, it isn't even really prudent to run all the manufacturing lines full out for weeks before really testing the products in real world conditions fully.

But the whole constraint idea is wrong. It just is not what they are doing. They want to sell and they want to sell as many of their devices as they can before new technology makes what they are selling obsolete. They like the lines. But considering they fulfill their orders, they have given us all options to avoid the line by ordering online. The lines are more of a social event at this stage or for folks who forget to order online but who get swept up in the hype.

But it most definitely is not because Apple turns to a manufacturer and tells them to send everyone home for a half day because Apple wants supply constrained. That is not what is going on.
    05-23-13 10:46 PM
    Oh I know...I was just venting a bit... didn't mean to single out your post..
    Cheers.

Wasn't sure if your comment was for me.

No worries if it was. Most of the people on this forum are awesome and have some great insight. I am venting as well because I believe that BB can (and should) be doing a better job in protecting the company and true stockholders.

The people that are long and holding for the success of this company will know it come in the future. It's just with all the BS written in media, fake news stories I get tired of it. There are no name articles, and analysts writing crap about something they heard somewhere to drive the stock down.

I am surprise I am not taking medication for holding BB shares, although my beer consumption is up about 90% since I purchase it last November

Have a great night, and a better day!

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-23-13 10:52 PM
113,256 ... 10811082108310841085 ...