View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hi Morgan, and all:

It looks like we have another stoch. RSI cycle to go through, before starting to trend up again based on the 60m chart:

I think, the stock could start to go up on mid day tomorrow or on Monday based on the daily chart. I usually go with the stochastic RSI, and after the close today, it looks like it is still valid to go up to hit the top pennant range.

Daily chart:

I am still waiting for a re-entry so far. If the daily chart holds true, then this stock is going to be close to the $16 mark. And a re-entry below $14.50 seems good. We are pretty much at the support line today. If somehow the shorts manage to break it tomorrow below $14, then that is just *shivers*. Is my reading too optimistic here?

Thank you.
    05-23-13 03:15 PM
    I'd even settle for a 'sales are exceeding expectations' right about now...
    Yeah but it's not what they do. Given the ER is almost always a target, I think they should sprinkle good news all the way along.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-23-13 03:17 PM
    Hi Morgan, and all:

It looks like we have another stoch. RSI cycle to go through, before starting to trend up again based on the 60m chart:
    http://www.tradingview.com/x/wRBEx8iz/

I think, the stock could start to go up on mid day tomorrow or on Monday based on the daily chart. I usually go with the stochastic RSI, and after the close today, it looks like it is still valid to go up to hit the top pennant range.

Daily chart:
    http://www.tradingview.com/x/HuRhQ8sA/

I am still waiting for a re-entry so far. If the daily chart holds true, then this stock is going to be close to the $16 mark. And a re-entry below $14.50 seems good. We are pretty much at the support line today. If somehow the shorts manage to break it tomorrow below $14, then that is just *shivers*. Is my reading too optimistic here?

Thank you.
    That's my thinking too but a little more pessimistic because our news lulls tend to be extraordinarily drawn out.
    05-23-13 03:20 PM
    Hi Morgan, and all:
    Is my reading too optimistic here?
    I personally share your optimism. Tomorrow will be telling. To set the right tone, please have a listen:
    05-23-13 03:26 PM
    Yeah but it's not what they do. Given the ER is almost always a target, I think they should sprinkle good news all the way along.
    I'll forgive him if he's sandbagging and blows away the numbers triggering a squeeze at ER. Not holding my breath for that though it would be nice. Big middle finger to the shorts...like our ursine 'friend'
    05-23-13 03:34 PM
    Hi Morgan, and all:

Daily chart:

Thank you.

JLagoon!

If you map the Bollinger Bands and the downtrend line, started a few says ago, we are ripe to rally tomorrow. We could easily gap up here as the opening 3-dma is right where the stock closed today ($ 14.44/shr). Then there is the sloping downtrend line which is right where we closed today as well.

See chart:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-may-23f-2013-chart.jpg

We have held the bottom of the BB's.
    We are right at the breakout of the downtrend line when we open tomorrow.
    We are right at the opening of the 3-dma tomorrow morning.

And so the only way we can drop from here is to pierce the BB's line, (not likely to happen), or open negative first thing tomorrow morning and stay negative all day. It is extremely rare to trade outside the BB's, if we trade on the plus side AT ALL, we are immediately breaking out of the downtrend line and the 3-dma. The last time this stock went positive, it got stopped at the centerline of the BB's at $ 15.27/shr.. We would at the very least travel back up to the line at $ 15.25/shr.. on the next bounce. I would have to bet within 98%, that we bounce from here and head over $ 15.00/shr starting tomorrow!

I think you are right, unless tomorrow is a terrible day for the general market, BBRY is going higher for sure. Thanks
    05-23-13 03:37 PM
    I'll forgive him if he's sandbagging and blows away the numbers triggering a squeeze at ER. Not holding my breath for that though it would be nice. Big middle finger to the shorts...like our ursine 'friend'

Lol...I definitely hope he's got some big nuggets for June 28...could be the start of something wonderful.
    05-23-13 03:40 PM
    Since I'm on a roll with my napkin math....

Here is where will will be for the next 8 months!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-new-2.jpg
    05-23-13 03:42 PM
    Quite frankly, this week has been depressing.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-23-13 03:49 PM
    Quite frankly, this week has been depressing.
    Yeah, it's a lull but without them we wouldn't have opportunities to add. Hopefully next week will have some good news for us.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-23-13 04:07 PM
    I like it; however, you don't think a good June will already cause the squeeze? Shorts aren't stupid, and if June ER is good with Z10 bringing in the bulk of the wealth, I'm sure they can put 2 and 2 together and expect the Sept ER to be even better...

Since I'm on a roll with my napkin math....

Here is where will will be for the next 8 months!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new-2.jpg 
Views:	459 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	164539
    05-23-13 04:08 PM
    I like it; however, you don't think a good June will already cause the squeeze? Shorts aren't stupid, and if June ER is good with Z10 bringing in the bulk of the wealth, I'm sure they can put 2 and 2 together and expect the Sept ER to be even better...
    Some will cover, but just like us, there may be holdouts that can survive past $20 praying for a horrible Sept ER. Plus, we've already seen how irrational the shorts are as they continue to short even more despite the rising SP. So to say they aren't stupid is.....up for debate?

Hey, If you figure we squeeze all the way to $45 in July - I'll be even happier!
    05-23-13 04:14 PM
    Looking at the our major/prolonged dips, our RSI (10) always goes below 40. I see this lull period as the same and expect in a worst case scenario we will sink for a little while yet.

I hope that it doesn't go beyond Wednesday but that's where we seemed to be heading before this FOMC shakeup that took us for dip and ride.

Here's to hoping it doesn't go that way.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-23-13 04:16 PM
    As of right now we actually have higher lows, and the so called sell offs are so anemic. Average value last couple days is about 16-18m shares. The news we all waiting for won't be here until earnings. Until then accumulate and wait. I'm just a regular investor but there is no way this ends anywhwre in the middle. Longs are either going to be upset which will lead to the end of BlackBerry or shorts will get burnt to a crisp and the lesson will be that Blackberry is here and alive.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 04:35 PM
    yah no more day trading this for me. Settled with 20k+ shares with average 16.75 time for me to take time off watching SP and wait out until the jump! $24 a share would be nice in a few months!
    05-23-13 04:48 PM
    yah no more day trading this for me. Settled with 20k+ shares with average 16.75 time for me to take time off watching SP and wait out until the jump! $24 a share would be nice in a few months!
    Yip. After we stop sinking I'm buying another bit and leaving it to grow. I'd like buy some more under $14 but it may not come unless there's another bear raid.
    05-23-13 04:54 PM
    Every time I think there is an opportunity for Thor to announce something to move the stock I have been disappointed. Now I wait for June 28.
    05-23-13 05:20 PM
    Every time I think there is an opportunity for Thor to announce something to move the stock I have been disappointed. Now I wait for June 28.
    Yep, which is why we need DoD, Icahn, and/or Nokia implosion to pick up the slack until then

Sent from my SGH-T989D using CB Forums mobile app
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    05-23-13 05:34 PM
    Well at least its news

http://m.barrons.com/articles/BL-TB-39905

BlackBerry: Q10 Upside in Canada, Says Deutsche, ‘Tepid’ Response in U.K.
    By Tiernan Ray
    Deutsche Bank’s Brian Modoff this afternoon reiterates a Hold rating on shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) and an $8 price target, writing that his survey of sales of the company’s recently released smartphones based on the BB10 operating system over the course of the past week displayed a “tepid reception” for the Q10 smartphone in the U.K., and “a much more positive response” in Canada.
    Modoff describes contacting 60 stores, of which 30 in each of the Canadian and U.K.:
    We contacted the same 30 stores in the UK, half of which were O2 and the other was Everything Everywhere (T-Mobile and Orange). In Canada we contacted 10 Rogers, 10 Bell and 10 Telus stores. From this we made an attempt to quantify demand and gained some meaningful qualitative inputs as well. We called stores and asked questions typical of a prospective smartphone buyer. We first asked sales representatives their first choice for smartphones and recorded their unaided response. We then asked what they thought about the new BB10 platform, followed by a comparison to the iPhone 5 or SIV and finally, what was their best selling smartphone. This gave us insight into device popularity. Where possible, we tried to gauge unit sales.
    Modoff observes that U.K. sales reps largely did not volunteer the Q10 as a recommendation, while things were better among Canadian sales reps:
    The HTC (2498TW) One, Samsung [Electronics (005930KS) S IV, and [Apple (AAPL)] iPhone5 were the most recommended phones. In Canada, the Q10 was selling well in a majority of the stores we contacted. It was sold out in three and had limited stock in several others due to strong sales […] Again it appears that Blackberry has done a better job in Canada. The sales representatives were much more effusive about the Q10 and as a result, sales are likely better in this region. Given the captive audience in Canada, we think that it was almost a foregone conclusion that handsets would sell well in this geography. In the UK, sales representatives were less inclined to discuss the Q10 and only few said the phone was selling well. In sum, this seems similar to the Z10 launch and we think the fact that the Q10 is still getting decent sales airtime in Canada is constructive, especially in light of the recent SIV launch. Overall, we were positively surprised with the results of the Canadian portion of our survey. We thought that Blackberry would be challenged to remain relevant on their home turf, given the recent launch of the SIV. We still think the company has serious challenges in front of them in terms of declining service revenues, managing two OS platforms and migrating a user base over to an unfamiliar base. While Canada was incrementally positive to the overall story, we believe that the US will likely be a better measure of the company’s longer term outlook. As a result, we maintain our estimates and our Hold rating.
    BlackBerry shares today closed down 3 cents at $14.43.
    Modoff leaves unchanged his 2014 estimate for $11.09 billion in revenue and a $1.24 net loss per share. That is below the consensus for $13.2 billion and a 27-cent profit per share.
    m0de25, Acumenight and Bugmapper like this.
    05-23-13 05:43 PM
    One thing I question is that Big Funds pay reasonably educated Analysts to do research; I am certain that everyone understands basic statistics and realizes the 'research' regardless of being good or bad, is garbage.... WHY do Big Funds bother? Shouldn't they know better? Wouldn't it be more productive for them to spend their 'research' dollars on hiring a PI to really investigate?

How does the entire finance world not adhere to simple statistics?

Well at least its news

http://m.barrons.com/articles/BL-TB-39905

BlackBerry: Q10 Upside in Canada, Says Deutsche, ‘Tepid’ Response in U.K.
    By Tiernan Ray
    Deutsche Bank’s Brian Modoff this afternoon reiterates a Hold rating on shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) and an $8 price target, writing that his survey of sales of the company’s recently released smartphones based on the BB10 operating system over the course of the past week displayed a “tepid reception” for the Q10 smartphone in the U.K., and “a much more positive response” in Canada.
    Modoff describes contacting 60 stores, of which 30 in each of the Canadian and U.K.:
    We contacted the same 30 stores in the UK, half of which were O2 and the other was Everything Everywhere (T-Mobile and Orange). In Canada we contacted 10 Rogers, 10 Bell and 10 Telus stores. From this we made an attempt to quantify demand and gained some meaningful qualitative inputs as well. We called stores and asked questions typical of a prospective smartphone buyer. We first asked sales representatives their first choice for smartphones and recorded their unaided response. We then asked what they thought about the new BB10 platform, followed by a comparison to the iPhone 5 or SIV and finally, what was their best selling smartphone. This gave us insight into device popularity. Where possible, we tried to gauge unit sales.
    Modoff observes that U.K. sales reps largely did not volunteer the Q10 as a recommendation, while things were better among Canadian sales reps:
    The HTC (2498TW) One, Samsung [Electronics (005930KS) S IV, and [Apple (AAPL)] iPhone5 were the most recommended phones. In Canada, the Q10 was selling well in a majority of the stores we contacted. It was sold out in three and had limited stock in several others due to strong sales […] Again it appears that Blackberry has done a better job in Canada. The sales representatives were much more effusive about the Q10 and as a result, sales are likely better in this region. Given the captive audience in Canada, we think that it was almost a foregone conclusion that handsets would sell well in this geography. In the UK, sales representatives were less inclined to discuss the Q10 and only few said the phone was selling well. In sum, this seems similar to the Z10 launch and we think the fact that the Q10 is still getting decent sales airtime in Canada is constructive, especially in light of the recent SIV launch. Overall, we were positively surprised with the results of the Canadian portion of our survey. We thought that Blackberry would be challenged to remain relevant on their home turf, given the recent launch of the SIV. We still think the company has serious challenges in front of them in terms of declining service revenues, managing two OS platforms and migrating a user base over to an unfamiliar base. While Canada was incrementally positive to the overall story, we believe that the US will likely be a better measure of the company’s longer term outlook. As a result, we maintain our estimates and our Hold rating.
    BlackBerry shares today closed down 3 cents at $14.43.
    Modoff leaves unchanged his 2014 estimate for $11.09 billion in revenue and a $1.24 net loss per share. That is below the consensus for $13.2 billion and a 27-cent profit per share.
    05-23-13 05:54 PM
    Hi Morgan, and all:

Daily chart:

Thank you.
    I'm also looking to get back in. Wasn't expecting it to open so low today or i would have got some. My problem is next week. I don't see any news or events so I would guess a slight down trend. Curious to see what the next bear raid will look like? Seems like shares are really drying up. Surprised at how well it has helped up this week.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-23-13 05:56 PM
    Missed the open today as was doing breakfast with a buddy (another investor). Would have picked up calls for a quick trade today. Oh well.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-23-13 06:03 PM
    Lol love those store checks. Its like oh yea the q10 sells ok. Everyone shorts the stock. Then when ER hits they wonder what went wrong. Oops you didnt realize sooo many businesses upgraded their phones bahahahahaah.

Also imagine being in a business meeting and pulling out a Iphone 4 or like HTC 1 lol im sure you wont be fitting in at all. Blackberry will thankfully always be the BEST business phone. Sorry most fashionable phone for business man and woman. The Q10 is Business simple as that
    05-23-13 06:09 PM
    Yah i don't get it either...these store checks are solely focused on the average consumer when alot of people know businesses will be the primary buyers

Lol love those store checks. Its like oh yea the q10 sells ok. Everyone shorts the stock. Then when ER hits they wonder what went wrong. Oops you didnt realize sooo many businesses upgraded their phones bahahahahaah.

Also imagine being in a business meeting and pulling out a Iphone 4 or like HTC 1 lol im sure you wont be fitting in at all. Blackberry will thankfully always be the BEST business phone. Sorry most fashionable phone for business man and woman. The Q10 is Business simple as that
    05-23-13 06:15 PM
    Good one, interesting, all the best, have a nice night / Friday. Cheers, BBT ... Watch at the 4:10 minute mark BNN Video Player
    05-23-13 06:28 PM
113,250 ... 10801081108210831084 ...