View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I've been asking some to chill out regarding your posts ... may I suggest you do the same and stop teasing provocation, please?
    Thank you very much.
    Mr. Ambassador. Do your thing . . . . . . PLEASE!
    take99 and BBigDogs like this.
    05-22-13 12:24 PM
    IDIES (Institute for the Development of Economic and Social Information) publishes a report on "The Making of Economic Information" in France. Ouch! 47% of business journalists admit to being unable to read the accounts of a company and 33% merely to resume press releases without verification.

And I'm quite sure this might be worse elsewhere too

Keep reading the good thread gang !!!!
    Not one bit surprising. It's gut wrenching to listen to media folk try and interpret economic information.
    05-22-13 12:25 PM
    05-22-13 12:27 PM
    next up, today, market mover,
    USA US:FOMC Minutes
    2:00 PM ET
    05-22-13 12:38 PM
    Lazaridis says iPhone users will embrace BlackBerry messaging app | therecord

i read this too, earlier today. e'rrr, though, as a shareholder, what else did you expect him to say? it will be interesting to see if Apple bites.
    05-22-13 12:39 PM
    Ok, I can see you like playing Devil�s advocate and on the handset side, you could be right. I think you will be wrong, but you could be right as well.
    Now, on the MDM side.. I think you are wrong. There is a rather large moat there that no one else has and that is Blackberry�s NOC. Apple, Google and Samsung haven�t even attempted to replicate it which should tell you something as to the barrier to entry. That is a key strategic advantage that Thor seems very keen on leveraging which is why I am keen on Thor.
    I'm not advocating for such a negative scenario. I'm just saying assets do not limit fall of the stock price. If the company face a negative scenario they are going to burn those assets while trying to stay alive.
    So, It's just a wrong sense of security that will evaporate if things go wrong.
    05-22-13 12:45 PM
    I think still fundamentally - BBRY long term is still a good bet. Nothing in the news yet has proved contrary to this - positive direction, good future & forward thinking, much better response/feedback and turn-around time on their official stated deadlines, ensuring that should their own native ecosystem should fail, they still will have the 700,000 Android Apps ready to go.

From a trader's perspective this stock short term can be easily played on both sides given the huge swings (lots of money to be made) but I think for a huge chunk of us - this stock can only go up, and up by a lot.

To comment on Misek's praises - there are other analysts who back BBRY (I believe BMO & Scotia) but given the heavy pessimism & still lack of sales figures keeps the stock price from moving up.

For the investors in here - going long is still IMO a safe bet!
    morganplus8, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    05-22-13 01:07 PM
    Retesting $14.50 again damn.
    05-22-13 01:08 PM
    If the MACD trend is anywhere near accurate, we may close as low as $14.50
    05-22-13 01:13 PM
    Retesting $14.50 again damn.
    Do we think it will close UNDER 14.50?
    05-22-13 01:13 PM
    Mikey collins again

BlackBerry Q10 Outselling Galaxy S4 At The Leading U.K. Retail Location
    May 22 2013, 11:05 | by Michael Collins | about: BBRY
    I don't know who ITG spoke to for its report, but it certainly hasn't spoken to Selfridges UK, where the BlackBerry Q10 (BBRY) is outselling the Samsung Galaxy S4 (SSNLF.PK). When asked how this compared to the Z10, sales were far superior, especially one month post launch. The Carphone Warehouse at Selfridges is the number one retailing location for mobile phones in the UK bar none. So let's venture across the pond to see what the people in the great white north had to say.

A Quick Peek at Canada

As most of us expect the UK Q10 sales to be strong, I next went and called stores in Canada, which was the source of ITG's report.

After calling about 15 stores in Canada I stopped, as it was obvious: The Q10 was overwhelmingly trumping the Z10. When faced with the ITG information, here are some of the quotes I received back:

"That is not correct, it [Q10] is doing considerably better."

"It's doing great, better than the Z10."

"There are two BlackBerry buyers: iPhoners for the past two years who go for the Z10 and BlackBerry bold 9900 types who go for the q10."

I could quote these stores forever but readers will always be suspect of such research. So let me show you proof that you can verify yourselves.

eBay, eBay, on the Wall, Who's the Dearest of Them All?

A quick look at eBay UK and Canada confirms robust demand for the Q10. In the UK I did a thorough check on May 11-12. Here is a brief snapshot of sales of Q10s and Galaxy S4s, and what they reveal.

BlackBerry sold 72 Phones in 24hrs at a premium (599 GBP) compared to unlocked price of 549 GBP.

Vs.

Galaxy S4 sold 140 phones over 14 days at an average price of 499 GBP! This is a discount of 80GBP vs the Phones4U unlocked price here.

In the UK the sharp difference in volume was due to the fact that "grey marketers" had swarmed on the Q10 and many where selling 30 units a time. You need to accept a simple fact: grey marketers know where the margins lie, and it's clearly not with the Samsung Galaxy S4 as they don't even bother with it.

In Canada, the BlackBerry Q10 on eBay sells for between $700-$900, with a mean around $820, a significant premium to the out of contract price.

Samsung Galaxy S4 on eBay Canada is selling for substantially less ($560-$720) than the Q10. See here.

The sharp price disparity is quite strange given that they sell at the same price through carriers in Canada….

A Note To Investor Concerning Independent "Research":

What readers should learn today is many so called 'research' shops are paid by short or long investors for research that will further their point of view. It is a sad fact that these research organizations do not disclose who pays them for their research. I suggest ITG call eBay and quote them in the future, it will give them a far more accurate read than their 'Store checks' and will be far less time consuming.

Someone should also warn ITG of one minor fact in 'store checking' the Q10: Most of the demand from corporate sales will not be visible to the consumer facing store. That's one Big, Glaring Error.

I would like to close on a sad note. I have learned of physical threats to a leading long analyst. A certain hedge fund has also pulled its entire business from the bank because it wouldn't fire another long analyst. This should investors a sense of how nasty this struggle has become and they need to be very wary about they read in the press or from analysts.

Disclosure: I am long BBRY. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from Seeking Alpha). I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.

Get push notifications on BBRY
    1 Comment
    05-22-13 01:15 PM
    05-22-13 01:16 PM
    Mike Collins to the rescue I hope.

BlackBerry Q10 Outselling Galaxy S4 At The Leading U.K. Retail Location
    I don't know who ITG spoke to for its report, but it certainly hasn't spoken to Selfridges UK, where the BlackBerry Q10 (BBRY) is outselling the Samsung Galaxy S4 (SSNLF.PK). When asked how this compared to the Z10, sales were far superior, especially one month post launch. The Carphone Warehouse at Selfridges is the number one retailing location for mobile phones in the UK bar none. So let's venture across the pond to see what the people in the great white north had to say.

A Quick Peek at Canada

As most of us expect the UK Q10 sales to be strong, I next went and called stores in Canada, which was the source of ITG's report.

After calling about 15 stores in Canada I stopped, as it was obvious: The Q10 was overwhelmingly trumping the Z10. When faced with the ITG information, here are some of the quotes I received back:

"That is not correct, it [Q10] is doing considerably better."

"It's doing great, better than the Z10."

"There are two BlackBerry buyers: iPhoners for the past two years who go for the Z10 and BlackBerry bold 9900 types who go for the q10."

I could quote these stores forever but readers will always be suspect of such research. So let me show you proof that you can verify yourselves.

eBay, eBay, on the Wall, Who's the Dearest of Them All?

A quick look at eBay UK and Canada confirms robust demand for the Q10. In the UK I did a thorough check on May 11-12. Here is a brief snapshot of sales of Q10s and Galaxy S4s, and what they reveal.

BlackBerry sold 72 Phones in 24hrs at a premium (599 GBP) compared to unlocked price of 549 GBP.

Vs.

Galaxy S4 sold 140 phones over 14 days at an average price of 499 GBP! This is a discount of 80GBP vs the Phones4U unlocked price here.

In the UK the sharp difference in volume was due to the fact that "grey marketers" had swarmed on the Q10 and many where selling 30 units a time. You need to accept a simple fact: grey marketers know where the margins lie, and it's clearly not with the Samsung Galaxy S4 as they don't even bother with it.

In Canada, the BlackBerry Q10 on eBay sells for between $700-$900, with a mean around $820, a significant premium to the out of contract price.

Samsung Galaxy S4 on eBay Canada is selling for substantially less ($560-$720) than the Q10. See here.

The sharp price disparity is quite strange given that they sell at the same price through carriers in Canada….

A Note To Investor Concerning Independent "Research":

What readers should learn today is many so called 'research' shops are paid by short or long investors for research that will further their point of view. It is a sad fact that these research organizations do not disclose who pays them for their research. I suggest ITG call eBay and quote them in the future, it will give them a far more accurate read than their 'Store checks' and will be far less time consuming.

Someone should also warn ITG of one minor fact in 'store checking' the Q10: Most of the demand from corporate sales will not be visible to the consumer facing store. That's one Big, Glaring Error.

BlackBerry Q10 Outselling Galaxy S4 At The Leading U.K. Retail Location - Seeking Alpha
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    05-22-13 01:17 PM
    Hah beat you two by a minute lol!
    05-22-13 01:19 PM
    it is siting on support, the market is getting whacked and BBRY is holding for now, so either the bottom will fall out here soon, or this is the bottom to start a rally from...
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    05-22-13 01:19 PM
    Lazaridis: BlackBerry is "back in a big way with BB10," supports vision to extend BBM to iOS and Android | MobileSyrup.com

BlackBerry will be making BlackBerry Messenger, one of their prized possessions, available on both the iPhone and Android smartphones this Summer. Both Apple and Google still need to approve the popular messaging app in their respected app stores, but there’s no reason to believe that it won’t show up.

Thorsten Heins, BlackBerry’s CEO, declared during BlackBerry Live last week that “I cannot wait for the day when all of our BlackBerry fans can send BBM invites to all their friends on other platforms. They’ve asked us for this for years. The time has come now for everyone to experience what we all know. BBM is simply the best messaging and collaboration platform in mobile today.”

Mike Lazaridis, founder of BlackBerry (RIM), stood behind the move to bring BBM to iOS and Android. In an interview with Bloomberg, Lazaridis said that he’s confident users of other smartphones, specifically iPhone, will embrace BBM, noting that “BBM is by far the most compelling wireless experience and wireless social-networking environment… Not only is BlackBerry back in a big way with BB10, he’s [Heins] also showing he can expand that vision to other platforms.”

BBM for iOS and Android will be free, but limited at launch. BlackBerry will only make messaging and groups available, then will update the app to offer BBM Voice, BBM screen share and BBM Channels “later on.” There’s currently 60 million BBM users across the globe and it’ll be interesting to see how many Apple and Android users jump on board, or how many depart from 3rd party messaging apps like WhatsApp.
    bungaboy and take99 like this.
    05-22-13 01:22 PM
    Well there's all kinds of people with all kinds of positions...Peterc is wrong.
    Not only wrong but exposed as having an agenda because his downgrade is actually an upgrade from $7 to $10. He is attempting to retain some credibility while not endangering the shorts.
    Ergo he is not an honest broker and should be ignored.
    05-22-13 01:23 PM
    If the MACD trend is anywhere near accurate, we may close as low as $14.50
    Where do you think we will go tomorrow? $13 this soon?
    05-22-13 01:26 PM
    in the last two days I've added. Fearful attitude of many put the fire under me to add. I have a gut feeling that people are really getting this wrong. As the CEO said, he knows more, far more than them. If I can't trust Thor at this point then I shouldn't be holding the stock. Eager to see how this plays out.
    05-22-13 01:26 PM
    Mr. Ambassador. Do your thing . . . . . . PLEASE!
    I have no super-power. I'm nowhere a mod. Just here to help, welcome and answer as much as I can.
    All I can say is : everybody take a step back and chillout. Put some water in your wine and everything should be fine.

peace.
    A.
    05-22-13 01:28 PM
    it is siting on support, the market is getting whacked and BBRY is holding for now, so either the bottom will fall out here soon, or this is the bottom to start a rally from...
    Lets see if Mikey's report does something. You also have to question the timing of the downgrade this morning, along with the questionable report from ITG which is now being challenged by Mikey's article.

How many times have we seen this scenario before...crooks.
    05-22-13 01:29 PM
    Mikey collins again

BlackBerry Q10 Outselling Galaxy S4 At The Leading U.K. Retail

Gotta love how thoroughly this guy does his research!
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 05-22-13 at 01:58 PM.
    05-22-13 01:31 PM
    Uhh..... seriously?

I would like to close on a sad note. I have learned of physical threats to a leading long analyst. A certain hedge fund has also pulled its entire business from the bank because it wouldn't fire another long analyst. This should investors a sense of how nasty this struggle has become and they need to be very wary about they read in the press or from analysts.
    bungaboy, m0de25 and Shanerredflag like this.
    05-22-13 01:34 PM
    I have no super-power. I'm nowhere a mod. Just here to help, welcome and answer as much as I can.
    All I can say is : everybody take a step back and chillout. Put some water in your wine and everything should be fine.

peace.
    A.
    Water down your wine? And you call yourself French..... sacrilege...lol
    05-22-13 01:36 PM
    From Mickey's article. Serious $h!t.

05-22-13 01:37 PM
113,256 ... 10671068106910701071 ...