View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Call me crazy, but by putting such an asinine price point, does that not call into question motives and legitimacy? I mean seriously.... $5?!?!?!
    How can they lower 2013 estimates when 2013 is CLOSED as of March report of Q4 2013 that ended 2/28/2013??
    bungaboy and Charles Martin1 like this.
    05-22-13 09:56 AM
    What price point on that short? You have 10min to answer or else it didn't happen
    whatever, sorry, times up. i was busy trading, covered my BB though for a +.70 % roi over several minutes, back in cash, could care a less about huge swings, take the money and run, next up, tba, have a great day.
    05-22-13 09:56 AM
    whatever, sorry, times up. i was busy trading, covered my BB though for a +.70 % roi over several minutes, back in cash, could care a less about huge swings, take the money and run, next up, tba, have a great day.
    HAHAHAHAH Fraudstreet you're a joke. Never provide actual numbers. Just throw up some whack *** ROI's.
    05-22-13 09:57 AM
    Texting is broken and only the big telcos can fix it

Texting is broken and only the big telcos can fix it - The Globe and Mail
    Bugmapper and Charles Martin1 like this.
    05-22-13 10:04 AM
    In a negative scenario they can burn that cash fast. The stock price represent the future cash flow, not the current assets.
    Yet oddly enough, during the last year of negative scenario, they continued to add to their cash position.
    05-22-13 10:08 AM
    Just some anecdotal observation.

We are still waiting our second shipment of Q10's. They were ordered pre-release through our Telus Buisness rep. First shipment came last week after a 2 week back order, and our second shipment is currently backordered by a week as of today. This, to me, is quite positive. There are numerous other buisnesses that are in the same situation and many of our clients are still waiting for, or currently in the process of upgrading. I don't see this as being manufactured demand, by limiting the supply, as in my view, BBRY would want to get as many devices on the books as posible for Q1, no? I'm feeling more and more confident on TH's "10's of millions statement" Obviously time will tell, but the evidence is out there.
    05-22-13 10:13 AM
    how come no volume today? bb and bbry sure are quiet.
    05-22-13 10:13 AM
    Shut up. Did mommy forget to give you your meds?

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 10:16 AM
    What I really hate about these short sighted reasons is that they don't look back more than a few quarters. It wasn't too long ago that device revenue dwarfed service revenue. Now that they are making a good margin on the devices, compared to break even, or at times a loss, the service revenue plays less of a role. And as was said, there are other revenue streams in the mix. Plus they don't take into account that, although the enterprise sector is smaller, BB has now given a way to not only make money on their own devices out there, but the other millions as well. Good 'ol fear mongering.
    We've seem to have deflected this "downgrade" quite well.

Says something about the investors who are onboard now.
    05-22-13 10:29 AM
    Just sitting at my desk looking for patterns....

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-new-1.jpg

I can count to three!
    05-22-13 10:33 AM
    Yet oddly enough, during the last year of negative scenario, they continued to add to their cash position.
    Things can get worst. The markets in which BlackBerry operate are very liquid, things change fast. It's perfectly possible that sales of handsets could drop to less than 2m and a better solution for MDM could emerge.

How could BlackBerry cover operating cost sand restructuring costs after this shock? The same way Nokia did, burning cash reserves, selling the buildings, selling the patents.
    05-22-13 10:35 AM
    anyone want to guess the short interest numbers for friday? I say between 172-175 million shares short.
    Including the Canadian short interest, my guess is 200 million.
    Bugmapper and tygros like this.
    05-22-13 10:36 AM
    How can they lower 2013 estimates when 2013 is CLOSED as of March report of Q4 2013 that ended 2/28/2013??
    A junior analyst likely wrote it hastily, under instruction to aim for downgrade, and his/her fat slobby manager signed it off ASAP to get it off to press.
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 05-22-13 at 10:54 AM.
    05-22-13 10:38 AM
    HAHAHAHAH Fraudstreet you're a joke. Never provide actual numbers. Just throw up some whack *** ROI's.
    LOL...Next up TBA.

In other words, let's wait and see what happens to the SP next so he can make up some other little story about how he read it right and scored a nickel.

FFS...
    05-22-13 10:40 AM
    Things can get worst. The markets in which BlackBerry operate are very liquid, things change fast. It's perfectly possible that sales of handsets could drop to less than 2m and a better solution for MDM could emerge.

How could BlackBerry cover operating cost sand restructuring costs after this shock? The same way Nokia did, burning cash reserves, selling the buildings, selling the patents.
    There are a lot of could's in the world. BB's MDM solution is proving to be a hit, the handsets are selling well with more to come, and they are moving outside of the simple handset arena. Someone could create a better MDM but hasn't yet. Someone could create a more efficient kernel or RTOS for mission critical applications but hasn't yet. Someone could create a better messaging platform. Someone could create a better social networking platform. Someone could create a better computer OS............ the point of this is that everyone is in the same boat whereas someone could create a newer and better anything. Apple, Google, Microsoft, Samsung, HTC, Nokia, Facebook, Intel, HP, etc... all have the same scenario to worry about. Sure BB has been in a tight spot, but are working hard to get out of it and are making headway. My position stands as it was.... that $5 price target is ridiculous and shows an intent to lower the average price target in order to worry investors and fulfill their short position.
    05-22-13 10:46 AM
    Including the Canadian short interest, my guess is 200 million.
    Sounds good to me!

I was looking a little closer at the "float" and it has been quoted (by me and others) as 524 million shares. If my broker is to be believed, this is not the case. The "float" is only 494.5 million, and the outstanding shares are 524 million. Meaning that 29.5 million shares are unavailable because they are held within the company by insiders, and are not available to the public, despite being "issued". My apologies if I steered anyone astray in the past.
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    05-22-13 10:48 AM
    If you believe that short the stock then, simple.

05-22-13 10:49 AM
    Hello everyone... LONG time follower, first time registered user!
    Here's how I played BBRY today - bought at $14.52, sold at the head bump at $14.84.
    Bought back in at $14.63 - will sell if it gets back above $14.80

Stay long - or trade the trends!
    05-22-13 10:49 AM
    Here's how I played BBRY today - bought at $14.52, sold at the head bump at $14.84.

LOL!

You advice is just stunning! Kinda like your disguise!
    05-22-13 10:52 AM
    You make some good points. Business is always competitive, specially high tech. Things can always go wrong, and that's why we have to keep up on what's going on, and read the earnings reports, and react by increasing or decreasing our position in the company.

There are a lot of could's in the world. BB's MDM solution is proving to be a hit, the handsets are selling well with more to come, and they are moving outside of the simple handset arena. Someone could create a better MDM but hasn't yet. Someone could create a more efficient kernel or RTOS for mission critical applications but hasn't yet. Someone could create a better messaging platform. Someone could create a better social networking platform. Someone could create a better computer OS............ the point of this is that everyone is in the same boat whereas someone could create a newer and better anything. Apple, Google, Microsoft, Samsung, HTC, Nokia, Facebook, Intel, HP, etc... all have the same scenario to worry about. Sure BB has been in a tight spot, but are working hard to get out of it and are making headway. My position stands as it was.... that $5 price target is ridiculous and shows an intent to lower the average price target in order to worry investors and fulfill their short position.
    cjcampbell, YangFui and bungaboy like this.
    05-22-13 10:53 AM
    I eat Bears for Breakfast - usually around 10:45 every morning
    05-22-13 10:55 AM
    LOL!

You advice is just stunning! Kinda like your disguise!
    hmm... That obvious?
    05-22-13 10:58 AM

Real time updates or it didn't happen!
    YangFui likes this.
    05-22-13 11:01 AM
    Real time updates or it didn't happen!
    Touche... But then again, I just joined, so couldn't really do that.
    Much better than my alter-ego who just throws out % gains after a rise from opening, despite him being a notorious shorter.
    peter9477 likes this.
    05-22-13 11:03 AM
    You forgot one of the couldas.

If the wind was blowing hard enough, and, if pigs had wings they could fly.
    05-22-13 11:04 AM
113,250 ... 10651066106710681069 ...