View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    is anyone using TD? I can't seem to log onto easyweb or webbroker wondering if anyone else has issues
    05-22-13 08:35 AM
    Very odd - but true - on 4/2 Exane-BNP had a $7 PT on $BBRY, now it's $12 Blackberry Hold by Exane-BNP Paribas SA from 04/02/13 | finanzen.net
    Very odd they'd call it downgrade when the new target SP is $12.
    05-22-13 08:37 AM
    is anyone using TD? I can't seem to log onto easyweb or webbroker wondering if anyone else has issues
    You sir are correct! Such BS from TD ... AGAIN!!! ... their phone lines are dead too!
    Bigbacala likes this.
    05-22-13 08:38 AM
    More info on the downgrade maybe he didnt see the bbm money storey?lol

UPDATE: Exane BNP Paribas Downgrades BlackBerry (BBRY) to Underperform; Analyst Says Profit 'Drying Up'

(Updated - May 22, 2013 9:25 AM EDT)

Exane BNP Paribas downgraded BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) from Neutral to Underperform. Analyst Alexander Peterc said BlackBerry's profit pools are drying up, a reference to the company's gross profit from services.

“While the BB10 device news flow is likely to remain the primary driver for the shares in the short-term, BlackBerry's long-term profitability prospects hinge essentially on the longevity of its Service revenues, which are unsustainable, in our view," said Peterc.

"BlackBerry's Software and Services (85% gross margin) revenue will come under pressure as consumers migrate to BB10, which renders BIS service, currently more than half of Software & Service revenue, redundant. Concurrently, the corporate business (BES) is transitioning to mobile device management, a smaller and highly competitive market. This transition is a significant threat to BlackBerry's operating model, as Software & Services gross profit is about to shrink from nearly USD3bn to less than USD1bn over the next three years," added the analyst.
    05-22-13 08:38 AM
    I am boycotting reading Morgan+8's charts and not thanking him until he starts bringing better news! If people can be angry with the weatherman for the weather, I can blame M+8 for BBRY's lackluster performance.
    Bugmapper!

Okay, give me one more chance, I'm not hot like Katherine Murray on BNN.com so I have to work harder here. I predict that we will close in the green today and that the Canadian price will be much higher. We put in a bottom this morning and now its time to rally again. I swear, we would be green right now if TD Bank hadn't failed this morning and prevented BB_Trader from getting short. We just need him to confirm his short position and we can move higher here. WAITING .........................................
    05-22-13 08:45 AM
    You should see an error message right on the login page, warning you that they're having problems right now. It's not just you.
    More info on the downgrade maybe he didnt see the bbm money storey?lol

UPDATE: Exane BNP Paribas Downgrades BlackBerry (BBRY) to Underperform; Analyst Says Profit 'Drying Up'

(Updated - May 22, 2013 9:25 AM EDT)

Exane BNP Paribas downgraded BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) from Neutral to Underperform. Analyst Alexander Peterc said BlackBerry's profit pools are drying up, a reference to the company's gross profit from services.

“While the BB10 device news flow is likely to remain the primary driver for the shares in the short-term, BlackBerry's long-term profitability prospects hinge essentially on the longevity of its Service revenues, which are unsustainable, in our view," said Peterc.

"BlackBerry's Software and Services (85% gross margin) revenue will come under pressure as consumers migrate to BB10, which renders BIS service, currently more than half of Software & Service revenue, redundant. Concurrently, the corporate business (BES) is transitioning to mobile device management, a smaller and highly competitive market. This transition is a significant threat to BlackBerry's operating model, as Software & Services gross profit is about to shrink from nearly USD3bn to less than USD1bn over the next three years," added the analyst.
    What I really hate about these short sighted reasons is that they don't look back more than a few quarters. It wasn't too long ago that device revenue dwarfed service revenue. Now that they are making a good margin on the devices, compared to break even, or at times a loss, the service revenue plays less of a role. And as was said, there are other revenue streams in the mix. Plus they don't take into account that, although the enterprise sector is smaller, BB has now given a way to not only make money on their own devices out there, but the other millions as well. Good 'ol fear mongering.
    Very odd - but true - on 4/2 Exane-BNP had a $7 PT on $BBRY, now it's $12 Blackberry Hold by Exane-BNP Paribas SA from 04/02/13 | finanzen.net
    Very odd they'd call it downgrade when the new target SP is $12.
    That's the BBRY norm, 75% up is the new down. Noise, all but a few do real coverage.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    05-22-13 08:47 AM
    You should see an error message right on the login page, warning you that they're having problems right now. It's not just you.
    yes, there is a problem at TD. i was logged on earlier. my live streaming quotes are set up and working, but not the main TD trading site. Such BS this is, again. I called several times, their phone lines are dead, however, just got through, now on hold for the past 10 kf minutes!!!

listening to BNN trying to get a TD update from them ... nothing, not surprising, such a lame excuse for a business network, good grief.
    05-22-13 08:49 AM
    I've been watching this stock for over two years, and this is the first I've ever heard of this little Paribas outfit. Is it just me, or are they as unknown as they seem to be?

I get the impression there's an endless supply of these little no-name (or many-name, in this case) analysts that the bears can trot out when they want to.
    05-22-13 08:50 AM
    Can't log in either....worth a call to complain maybe a few dollars credit due.
    05-22-13 08:51 AM
    What I really hate about these short sighted reasons is that they don't look back more than a few quarters. It wasn't too long ago that device revenue dwarfed service revenue. Now that they are making a good margin on the devices, compared to break even, or at times a loss, the service revenue plays less of a role. And as was said, there are other revenue streams in the mix. Plus they don't take into account that, although the enterprise sector is smaller, BB has now given a way to not only make money on their own devices out there, but the other millions as well. Good 'ol fear mongering.
    It's totally incomplete. And therefore worthless!!!!! Please someone tell me why I'm, we're wrong?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-22-13 08:52 AM
    TD notice, about time, idiots!

Trouble logging in?

We are currently experiencing technical issues and are working to restore full service as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you require assistance, please contact an Investment Representative at 1-800-465-5463. At TD Direct Investing, we are here to assist you any time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
    I've been watching this stock for over two years, and this is the first I've ever heard of this little Paribas outfit. Is it just me, or are they as unknown as they seem to be?

I get the impression there's an endless supply of these little no-name (or many-name, in this case) analysts that the bears can trot out when they want to.
    BNP Paribas is a huge European bank, not some tiny outfit like Pacific Crest.
    peter9477 likes this.
    From twitter

PeterSForbes: RT @thenotablecalls: $BBRY - hearing ITG out saying Q10 launch looking rather dismal, 30-50% below Z10 launch, per checks.
    11 minutes ago from TweetDeck
    05-22-13 08:53 AM
    So, it's greeeeen!
    05-22-13 08:56 AM

Trouble logging in?

We are currently experiencing technical issues and are working to restore full service as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you require assistance, please contact an Investment Representative at 1-800-465-5463. At TD Direct Investing, we are here to assist you any time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
    Count yourself VERY lucky... BB is flat (now) to slightly positive today, and you and I both know you would've shorted them in the $14.50 range.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    05-22-13 08:57 AM
    Bugmapper!

Okay, give me one more chance, I'm not hot like Katherine Murray on BNN.com so I have to work harder here. I predict that we will close in the green today and that the Canadian price will be much higher. We put in a bottom this morning and now its time to rally again. I swear, we would be green right now if TD Bank hadn't failed this morning and prevented BB_Trader from getting short. We just need him to confirm his short position and we can move higher here. WAITING .........................................
    Alright. One more chance.... but consider yourself on probation mister. Green today or I'll start taking my financial advice from He-who-shall-not-be-named!
    05-22-13 08:58 AM
    So, it's greeeeen!
    Edit- Was. And will be soon
    05-22-13 08:58 AM
    From twitter

PeterSForbes: RT @thenotablecalls: $BBRY - hearing ITG out saying Q10 launch looking rather dismal, 30-50% below Z10 launch, per checks.

Well, the short dogs aren't wasting time. Cork soakers...
    take99 and bungaboy like this.
    05-22-13 08:59 AM
    From twitter

Haha, based on what.

We dont even have Z10 figures yet. Also aren't most Q10s being sold through the corporate departments?

The more I see of this, the more I am convinced that the shorts are really worried now.
    05-22-13 08:59 AM

Trouble logging in?

Maybe it is just you?
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-22-13 09:04 AM
    Maybe it is just you?
    yea, maybe, not. thanks for confirming your true colours.
    05-22-13 09:06 AM
    Going to be a surge in gold...Bernanke admits the economy is in the shatter...
    05-22-13 09:07 AM
    BNP Paribas is a huge European bank, not some tiny outfit like Pacific Crest.
    Maybe so but just as narrow minded, and credible. Look at profit from 3bn to 1bn, I would love to see BBRY at 3bn profit, any one else
    bungaboy and Charles Martin1 like this.
    05-22-13 09:07 AM
113,256 ... 10631064106510661067 ...