View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    They are using Mcafee MDM for iPhones & BES10 for BB10 units.
    The guy I spoke with thought it was a redundant/stupid move, complicating things unnessesarily, but that 3rd guy loved everything Mcafee and wanted it. I have zero experience/knowledge of Mcafee MDM - in fact, I didn't even know they did MDM before yesterday...
    Good thing is he was really loving his Q10, and liked the Z10 better the the iPhone. So when he's handing out phones, I'm certain his bias will come into play

Thanks for the info, but I'm confused a little, are they using Mcafee MDM for the Iphones and BES10 for the BBRYs? Or Mcafee for MDM and allowing BB10 devices?
    05-21-13 05:17 PM
    Yep, that is how to make money ... buy long and hold ... really?

Geez, Bulls, stop feeding the Bears

05-21-13 05:23 PM
    Silly trader, that's only part of it...see that's the problem with you guys, you think the only way to make money is to short...balance grasshopper, balance.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    05-21-13 05:27 PM
    Silly trader, that's only part of it...see that's the problem with you guys, you think the only way to make money is to short...balance grasshopper, balance.Posted via CB10
    Ah, but that is where you are wrong, again, best to study up ... successful day traders trade the trend ... long and short

BB_Trader, smarter than you average bear

05-21-13 05:31 PM
    Well I'll give it to you. You manage to make all this money? (maybe some screenshots would be good proof) day trading and troll this thread at the same time, and call us all names on the yahoo board, that's pretty impressive for your average bear.

Ah, but that is where you are wrong, again, best to study up ... successful day traders trade the trend ... long and short
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    05-21-13 05:36 PM
    Well I'll give it to you. You manage to make all this money? (maybe some screenshots would be good proof) day trading and troll this thread at the same time, and call us all names on the yahoo board, that's pretty impressive for your average bear.
    LOL, yea right, , don't be so silly ... I posted early this morning what my position was. You should have jumped on the Bear Wagon
    05-21-13 05:41 PM
    screenshots or it didn't happen

LOL, yea right, , don't be so silly ... I posted early this morning what my position was. You should have jumped on the Bear Wagon
    05-21-13 05:46 PM
    He is a fraud, like a "fraudstreettrader", he doesn't do anything but make new Yahoo I.D.s and bash BlackBerry. Thank god his Mom uses the PC on the weekends.
    05-21-13 05:49 PM
    Ok there is a theory called supply and demand. Notice how a 3 month phone is almost half price. That means the demand is low. Or the supply is high. See what I did there. Now iPhone 5s are a dime a dozen and much older yet still are 150 more used. And the ancient iPhone 4s is 50 less than the z10. That's my logic. Am I wrong?

Posted via CB10
    Well, you're being pretty selective with how you present the information.

From: Certified Pre-Owned phones | Phones & devices | TELUS Mobility

The Galaxy S III is $650 new off term and $300 second hand off term. That's a $350 discount.
    The Galaxy Note II is $730 new off term and $450 second hand off term. That's a $280 discount.
    The iPhone 4S is $649 new off term and $349 second hand off term. That's a $300 discount.

I don't see the iPhone 5 there, so I can't comment on it.

The Z10 is $650 new off term and $400 second hand off term. That's a $250 discount, which is the lowest of the phones on the second hand list. Sure, the phone is newer (3.5 months post launch) but Telus also had the S III for $349 second hand ($301 discount) under 5 months after launch. I don't think the Galaxy S III has a high supply / low demand problem.

TELUS selling a "refreshed" 16GB Samsung Galaxy S III for $349 | MobileSyrup.com

Therefore, the Z10's second hand pricing doesn't seem out of line for a leading phone. iPhones have always retained value particularly well, but the Z10's discount seems comparable to the Galaxy S III, which sold gazillions.
    cjcampbell, bungaboy, lcjr and 3 others like this.
    05-21-13 05:49 PM
    where is his mom anyway, haven't heard from her lately

He is a fraud, like a "fraudstreettrader", he doesn't do anything but make new Yahoo I.D.s and bash BlackBerry. Thank god his Mom uses the PC on the weekends.
    morganplus8, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    05-21-13 05:55 PM
    Hi LCJR,

I was going to start my take by asking you why you think we're your friends--but I don't know you well enough to joke with you like that. (On a serious note, I'm glad that your family members are okay.)

I liked other responses to your question especially the one written by Dapper37, who wrote "Now that the story has turned positive and there's so many people that are about to be proven wrong. They're fighting against this outcome for both financial and reputational reasons."

In psychology there is a K�bler-Ross model that describes the five stages humans experience when grieving. I would like to apply those to how analysts are probably going to feel when they realize that they are wrong about BlackBerry. (I retain recordings on my DVR of Joe Kernen chortling when asked about BlackBerry's comeback potential and of all three regular panelists on "Options Action" who *unanimously* dismissed the possibility that BlackBerry could survive at all [this was aired about 7 weeks ago]. I expect one day to be able to play those recordings to strengthen my ongoing conviction that there are indeed no gurus.)

So here are the stages I expect professional analysts (as well as investors in general) to go through--they apply to anyone who has openly balked at BlackBerry's newest technologies, its leadership, and its comback potential:

1) Denial: They don't feel that BlackBerry has a chance. They see Crackberry members as deranged and irrational.
    2) Anger: They watch in disbelief as BBRY stock appreciates in value. They begin to realize that Crackberry members are in love with truly terrific technology that rivals or exceeds other perceived best-of-breed offerings.
    3) Bargaining: They try in desperation to convince themselves as well as others that BBRY is experiencing death throes (such as the "dead cat bounce") rather than actual valuation increase.
    4) Depression: They begin to realize what they previous felt was the impossible: they wrong were about BlackBerry--and now they have to face this uncomfortable reality.
    5) Acceptance: They not only recommend a buy on BBRY, but they also buy some shares for themselves.

I suspect (or just a theory) that most of the current BBRY short sellers (and the bashers) were the convicted long (and cheer leaders) when BBRY SP in the range of $100 to $144. At that time, the current bear analysts were giving the TSP above $200. After the SP crashed from $144 to $10 range, those former BBRY bull sold their shares and incurred heavy losses. At that time, they made 180 degree turn and became the short sellers who just wants to recovery their losses. For example, for the one who bought $110 and force to sell at $10, he lost $100 per shares. In order to recovery the $100 loss, he shorted 10 time more shares at $10 and hope (or believe) that BBRY would go bankrupt. Unfortunately, they were wrong at both times. But this time, they may loss 10 times more if the SP goes back above $100. Here I make my another bold prediction that when those short sellers are forced to cover their shares, those who still have a little money left will be the next wave longs and the only difference is that they have to buy 20 time more shares and hope to recover the losses they incurred in previous two round gamble.
    05-21-13 05:58 PM
    Lol...I was going to say prove it with screen shots too, but he wont.

Posted via CB10
    take99 and bungaboy like this.
    05-21-13 05:59 PM
    Bb trader why hang out with a bunch of 'Rimtards' and 'losers'?

I don't understand. Enlighten my Rimtard brain.
    That's simple. Peanoose envy.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-21-13 06:00 PM
    yeah, sorry stole your line from the Russian bear days........something to do with a 'forum' he was on if memory serves

Lol...I was going to say prove it with screen shots too, but he wont.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-21-13 06:03 PM

Since you are always wanting to help people here with your predictions and 'tactics', if you don't mind, can you please answer a simple question for me.....

What is your purpose of posting on this thread?
    05-21-13 06:04 PM
    Since you are always wanting to help people here with your predictions and 'tactics', if you don't mind, can you please answer a simple question for me..... What is your purpose of posting on this thread?
    Huh? and your reason is???

We are all here to make money, long and short
    Randeman likes this.
    05-21-13 06:13 PM
    Good grief, misery does love company, so be it, there you go, all four of you, enjoy:

take99, Shanerredflag, morganplus8 and ItsTheBox

Iggy time, enough of your trolling, harassment and more.

05-21-13 06:16 PM
    If you'd come clean on your Yahoo posts it would be a start...

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 06:19 PM
    [QUOTE=take99;8521931]Interesting points here this guy is not a fanboy but makes some interesting statements

Why hasn't BlackBerry gone all-in for enterprise mobility yet? - Guest Bloggers - BrianMadden.com

BB PR and IR should read it..send it to them
    take99 likes this.
    05-21-13 06:20 PM
    BlackBerry shifting emphasis from smartphones to services
    12:45 PM ET, 05/21/2013 - Reuters
    * Aims for leadership role in mobile computing arena

* Launch of BES seen driving enterprise upgrade cycle

* Large banks, law firms, others begin deploying BB10

By Euan Rocha

TORONTO, May 21 (Reuters) - BlackBerry no longer owns the fast-paced, innovative smartphone world but the company, whose email-on-your-hip devices once revolutionized the industry, now aims to run it.

The change in focus was hard to miss at the company's well-attended annual conference in Florida last week, even as news of a new smartphone model and its plans to offer the popular BlackBerry Messaging (BBM) instant message service on other platforms grabbed the headlines.

The company, whose BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) offering has long allowed customers to manage BlackBerry devices within corporate or government networks, is now extending that feature to let customers manage non-BlackBerry devices. It is also providing security for data regardless of what devices the customers use.

"The most exciting announcement they made is their strategy to provide secure infrastructure across devices and secure iOS and Android devices in addition to BlackBerry devices," said Yaacov Cohen, who heads Harmon.ie, a company that gives users access to corporate collaboration tools such as IBM Connections and Microsoft Office 365 across a range of operating systems.

Although the move has long been anticipated, the official launch of BES 10.1 paves the way for enterprise customers to begin upgrades in the latter half of the year, a development that might also boost sales for the company's new line of Blackberry 10 smartphones.

Because it routes data through proprietary networks rather than open channels, BlackBerry has long been known among government agencies and corporations for its strong security features. Its new one-stop solution keeps it relevant for those customers even as rivals like Apple Inc and Samsung Electronics look to make inroads in the domain.

"I look at BlackBerry as a provider of infrastructure for mobile computing," Cohen said. "When you look at things from this angle, given the huge need for secure infrastructure, then the position of BlackBerry can be one of total leadership, something similar to what Microsoft achieved during the switch to personal computing."

MOBILE COMPUTING FUTURE

At the BlackBerry Live conference in Florida, the company also laid out a bold vision for the BlackBerry 10 operating system that powers its new line of devices.

"BlackBerry understands mobile better than anyone else. It's in our DNA," Chief Executive Thorsten Heins told the 5,000 or so delegates.

"We live and breathe mobile and BlackBerry 10 as a platform is built for mobile. We're committed to making BlackBerry 10 the mobile platform that will take the industry into the new era of mobile computing."

The success of this plan, though, depends largely on how well BlackBerry's new line of devices are received. Reports on sales of the new phones, led by the touchscreen Z10, have so far been mixed with some analysts pointing to strong sales in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the Middle East, while others point to a tepid response in the United States. BlackBerry itself has set its sights on its platform being No. 3 in the market.

Cohen sees this goal, along with the company's vision on mobile computing, as being realistic as more and more processing power gets built into smartphones.

"We are toward the end of the personal computing era and we are entering the mobile computing era," he said. "BlackBerry has an amazing opportunity to actually take a lead role."

The company has already shown how its BB10 software, whose QNX core already runs machines as complex as nuclear reactors, can run mapping, entertainment and other functions in cars.

"As machines, starting with cars, grow increasingly connected, BlackBerry will become the infrastructure that securely and reliably manages the connection," says Scotiabank analyst Gus Papageorgiou.

ENTERPRISE BUYING IN

Although BlackBerry faces an uphill battle winning consumers over to its smartphones, companies and government agencies are already installing the BlackBerry Enterprise Service they need to run BB10 devices, and developing applications to run on the platform.

The New York City Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications last week confirmed it intends to deploy some 2,000 BlackBerry 10 smartphones by this summer, while one of Canada's top banks, BMO Financial Group, endorsed BlackBerry 10 as its platform of choice.

"We've got 12,000 plus BES 10 servers already installed and the curve is starting to ramp up and accelerate," said Scott Totzke, BlackBerry's senior vice president of security.

Some large banks, law firms and other clients are rapidly deploying the system, said Brian Reed, chief marketing officer of BoxTone, a firm that helps centralize the IT needs of large enterprise clients.

BoxTone, which works with BlackBerry and device management players such as Good Technology, said 90 percent of the roughly 100 of its clients who attended the Florida event had either installed or were testing BlackBerry's new BES 10 servers.

"BlackBerry is kind of the standard for mobile security ... and it is viable in the enterprise space," Reed said. "I think they are in a great place right now."
    05-21-13 06:22 PM
    more deflection....

Good grief, misery does love company, so be it, there you go, all four of you, enjoy:

take99, Shanerredflag, morganplus8 and ItsTheBox

Iggy time, enough of your trolling, harassment and more.

05-21-13 06:26 PM
    Classic behavior...next comes blame followed by anger and finally acceptance.

Posted via CB10
    take99, ItsTheBox, YangFui and 2 others like this.
    05-21-13 06:30 PM

Geez, Bulls, stop feeding the Bears

Excuse me but what is the point of this?

We are peers here that share a common interest and objective. It is clear that your aim is to antagonize in order to feed some behavioural issues but it shall not be on my dime.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt by talking nicely to you and you've gone and thrown it in my face. Welcome to my ignore function.
    05-21-13 06:33 PM
    AT&T Will Soon Allow Customers to Hang Out

By Gul Madiha | More Articles
    May 21, 2013
    Page 1 of 2view all
    AT&T (NYSE:T) is reacting to criticism about limitations on video chat apps, having given a statement saying we can expect the network to give approval to all video chat apps by the end of the year.

Video chat has been a major issue for AT&T. It has long limited the availability of video chat on the network, having only recently allowed customers not on unlimited plans to use Apple‘s (NASDAQ:AAPL) FaceTime app. And with the launch of Google’s (NASDAQ:GOOG) new Hangouts app, which integrates video chatting, Gmail, and the old Google Talk app into one, AT&T users weren’t happy they couldn’t access video chat. Upon trying the new app, customers were met with a message reading: “You must be connected to a Wi-Fi network to join a video call.”

NEW! Discover a new stock idea each week for less than the cost of 1 trade. CLICK HERE for your Weekly Stock Cheat Sheets NOW!
    AT&T says customers on unlimited plans will be able to use video chat by mid-June, as long as they have an LTE device from Apple, Samsung, or BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY). Other devices will gain the capability by the end of the year, but it will take “work” on the company’s part to see it happen. Some have speculated about whether said work entails technical work on the mobile network’s capabilities or paperwork to craft a contract that will allow AT&T to charge customers what they deem is fit.

Strangely enough, AT&T customers can use any video chat app that has not been preloaded on the phone and can be downloaded from the Internet. FaceTime is an example of one video chat app that comes preloaded on most phones, while Skype is one that is more frequently downloaded online. No devices have yet shipped with Google Hangouts preloaded, but the app is available for download in the iTunes Store. Once downloaded to an iOS device, an AT&T customer can use Hangouts, but the app is still blocked from Android devices on the network. Additionally, it makes little sense to limit the apps based on whether they came preloaded or whether they were downloaded, since the downloaded apps use the same amount of bandwidth as the preloaded ones. AT&T claims that preloaded apps are used more frequently, thus the reason for the distinction.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-21-13 06:33 PM
    BlackBerry Founder Says IPhone Users Will Embrace Messaging App
    By Hugo Miller - May 21, 2013 6:04 PM ET

BlackBerry founder Mike Lazaridis said he’s confident that users of iPhones and other devices will embrace the company’s BlackBerry Messenger platform, which will be offered on rival phones later this year.
    “BBM is by far the most compelling wireless experience and wireless social-networking environment,” Lazaridis, who stepped down as co-chief executive officer in early 2012, said in an interview at the Bloomberg Canada Economic Summit in Toronto.
    BlackBerry, based in Waterloo, Ontario, announced last week it will bring BBM to the iPhone and Google Inc.’s Android operating system in the next few months. The free service is currently used by 60 million BlackBerry customers, who rely on it to send more than 10 billion messages a day.
    The decision by current CEO Thorsten Heins to turn the messaging service into a stand-alone application shows that the new BlackBerry (BBRY) 10 platform is thriving and can lure users without the exclusivity of BBM, Lazaridis said.
    “He’s speaking to the confidence he has in the platform,” Lazaridis said. “Not only is BlackBerry back in a big way with BB10, he’s also showing he can expand that vision to other platforms.”
    Since quitting the top job at BlackBerry and then leaving its board in March, Lazaridis has focused his attention on quantum-computing and nanotechnology, the science and technology of things approaching the size of an atom.
    “After nearly 30 years at the helm, I think it’s time for me to start something new,” he said.
    05-21-13 06:37 PM
113,256 ... 10591060106110621063 ...