View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Why watch it? Hasn't change much in the last three month, which is not good. The big jump up from $6 was based on the potential for future growth which would lead to gains in market price. Sure there is still potential there, but it is looking less and less like BBRY as a company can utilize that potential and turn it into big gains for investors.

BB10 devices aren't being sold with the other premium devices in Walmart, Sams Club or Target. BB10 devices aren't being pushed by Verizon reps, in fact just the opposite - I was asked if I was really sure I wanted to get a BB instead of an iPhone or Note2. Developers aren't jumping on the bandwagon yet... I asked one about an Andorid Apps that I have sideloaded, there is a newer version that doesn't work sideloaded - his reply was he didn't have any plans to support BlackBerry devices.

BBRY talks about the "best" sales they have ever seen... but not about what that really means in number of devices in peoples hands. Samsung and Apple aren't afraid to tout numbers when it servers their purpose.
    Until perception's change in your area this will likely continue, (as store managers are provided a certain amount of flexibility in what and how they sell and display items). We know from other threads and article's that certain areas of the U.S. do promote and display the BB brand and have live display devices. It's not likely BB can strong arm or pay a fee to have everything displayed in the best light at every location around the world.
    tygros, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-21-13 11:17 AM
    Telus is now selling pre owned z10 for 400 off term. I5 is 550 and 4s is 350. That would not be a good sign for the z10

Posted via CB10
    Why? Apple products are well known for a high second hand value. I hate to bring up cars but Toyota has a great second hand price value. Does that mean that other manufacturers should be concerned?
    05-21-13 11:19 AM
    why? did you expect the z10 to continue to outsell the iphone 5? Marketshare for BB in Canada is 13.5%, apple is somewhere around 40%?

Telus is now selling pre owned z10 for 400 off term. I5 is 550 and 4s is 350. That would not be a good sign for the z10

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-21-13 11:19 AM
    It weighs as much as a witch... trying to stick with money python references

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 11:20 AM
    A duck!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 on Rogers
    Winner!

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, q649, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    05-21-13 11:20 AM
    Guys, this is an old post that we discussed I want to say around 3-4 hundred pages ago lol. I believe it was just someone ranting on the stockhouse bullboards. I think it's mostly bunk, but that's just my opinion....

here is a good article

Maverick Capital is the major short player behind the shorting of BlackBerry. They nearly went bankrupt in 2003 when shorting BlackBerry as it was beginning to flourish. They thought they could finish the job on BBRY by paying off analysts to write false stores about phones being returned, underwhelming shipment numbers, UK Gov't contracts not being renewed, etc. All of it a complete lie in order for them to raid the stock illegally (colloquially referred to as a bear raid).

What Maverick Capital, and other short players do not understand fully, is that 34.5% if the FLOAT is SHORT. Free float is 484M shares, and institutional ownership has increased SUBSTANTIALLY. I am aware of a collective effort going on by long hedge funds, money managers, and intitutions across America, Canada, UK, and the world, to slowly accumulate these shares at these price levels. The institutional ownership of this stock is now will north of 80%.

The reason volume has fallen so drastically is very simple: very few are now selling; and, shares are VERY difficult to borrow short with a 10% negative rebate. Here is how the story ends: BlackBerry continues to thrive and and ships a massive amount of devices in Q1. EPS will be over $1.00/share. There will be a massive squeeze in this stock in the coming weeks or months. The term "massive" can't even describe the lasting effects. Maverick Capital, and it's "friends" shorting BBRY will be out of ammo. SEC already has their eye on them and things will not turn out well for them, just as things will not turn out well for Jeff Johnston of Detwiler Fenton. White-collar crimes are punishable with some very strict sentences (10+ yrs if found convicted)

In closing, I'd just like to say, Maverick Capital, it's over. You have lost. You are now cornered by institutional longs. Insolvency is on your doorstep. Criminal charges are at your window.

Read more at The MAJOR short hedge fund on BBRY is MAVERICK CAP - BlackBerry - BB

The MAJOR short hedge fund on BBRY is MAVERICK CAP - BlackBerry - BB
    OMGitworks and tygros like this.
    05-21-13 11:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    More information please. Is this a promotion. Telus is based in Canada?

Is this second hand sales? Don't think I understood right?
    Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 11:22 AM
    why? did you expect the z10 to continue to outsell the iphone 5? Marketshare for BB in Canada is 13.5%, apple is somewhere around 40%?
    Because the z10 is just a few months old

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 11:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    Could be from trade in of the Z for the Q so that could be a could thing right?
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-21-13 11:24 AM
    http://mobility.telus.com/en/BC/specials/index.shtml

Ontario site has the same page up too
    Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 11:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    That is a good sign. Instead of stock being returned to BB and reducing revenue ... their co-operating to sell. This means 1) Full Warranty by both, 2) cheaper costs for someone that wants a Z10 but cannot afford the stagnant retail costs - which never adjust for market costs over time. This also seems to show the rapid repairs BB is making, or that a few have complained about bugs/issues that Telus staff was not aware of to resolve and quickly done so by BB.

My on-going support:

When I travel via public transit I'm always listening to my choice of music (House, Hip-Hip, Jazz) and have a bad habit of drumming my feet. The odd time when I'm brave or really into the music I'll actually sing! A couple of teenage girls where laughing at me, but it felt like a perfect summer day so I didn't care. A woman at the back decided to tap on my shoulder and ask what song I was singing. "Excuse me, what song are you listening too? It's sounds beautiful, even if your voice is killing it hehe". Instead of just stating the track name and artist, I quickly unlocked my phone and showed her the track in my playlist. She had asked what Album it's from and I mentioned I wasn't sure because transfering over to a new computer messed up my album library . Pulled my headphones out and played the track for a few seconds and she instantly wanted the track. I asked her if she'd like it now I can try sending it to her. She pulls out her SGSIII and asked how could I send it to her .... BlackBerry Tag to the rescue!!!!! Badda Bing, Badda Boom its in her SGS. She was VERY impressed even if she had a hard time holding her phone - I mentioned you always find it hard holding 5" not being specific, she laughed hysterically and said "no, only with this I have difficulty" Then it began ...

What phone is that?
    Oh BlackBerry makes that ... I've never seen it before!
    Wow its pretty light, easier to hold.
    Does it come in white?
    BBM is still around right, cause my family back home all uses BBM.
    You can do video calls over BBM now?! You're playing with me?!

Well that may or may not lead to a sale, and what difference does one sale really make? Well I doubt I'll see her again but the point is I took a simplistic opportunity and made it fun and casual to talk about the Z10 - I didn't have to be technical.
    05-21-13 11:25 AM
    it's not a bad price but locally people sell the z10 for 400 obo here in Vancouver sealed brand new units.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 11:26 AM
    I think one or the reasons is we have tons of corporate accounts that get free z10 upgrades so some of these people just flog them online rather than upgrade their workers

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-21-13 11:27 AM
    Why watch it? Hasn't change much in the last three month, which is not good. The big jump up from $6 was based on the potential for future growth which would lead to gains in market price. Sure there is still potential there, but it is looking less and less like BBRY as a company can utilize that potential and turn it into big gains for investors.

BB10 devices aren't being sold with the other premium devices in Walmart, Sams Club or Target. BB10 devices aren't being pushed by Verizon reps, in fact just the opposite - I was asked if I was really sure I wanted to get a BB instead of an iPhone or Note2. Developers aren't jumping on the bandwagon yet... I asked one about an Andorid Apps that I have sideloaded, there is a newer version that doesn't work sideloaded - his reply was he didn't have any plans to support BlackBerry devices.

BBRY talks about the "best" sales they have ever seen... but not about what that really means in number of devices in peoples hands. Samsung and Apple aren't afraid to tout numbers when it servers their purpose.
    So quick to abandon ship, are you? We haven't had one full Q on record since BB10 launched, and you're saying they haven't gained any traction?

Let's assume for two seconds that the news is correct - here's what we know:
    1) Netflix CEO says BB isn't an entertainment device. If this is true, this bodes VERY well for all these estimates you've heard of BB10 sales. Why? Well, most are based on Internet browsing and streaming/data usage. The market share you hear, unless it's from IDC who measures shipments, is based on internet activity. If Netflix moronic leader is indeed correct, that means BB has greater MS than is being reported.
    2) Shipment counts for Calendar Q1 showed a drop-off in BB shipments. Really? This is GREAT news! Why would you want to ship BB7 units to vendors, only to see them left holding that inventory for months on end? Z10 demand was never going to outpace BB7 continued demand out of the gate - not without a KB.
    3) BB cut production on the Z10 on schedule, but has in fact INCREASED production on the Q10, even DELAYING it in the US. Keep in mind that the 19-month AT&T upgrade cycle (if you bought a 9900 in Nov '11) is the first week of June+ this year. This means that NO US impact on Q1 can be explained away as trying to capture the highest volume of interest right out of the gate. This is just plain smart...

Anyone else want to add on here?
    05-21-13 11:33 AM
    Musical interlude time with none other than the incomparable Mr. Withers:

05-21-13 11:39 AM
    Seems like we are trying to regain the 5-dma. Lets get through this and move in the direction we are supposed to.
    05-21-13 11:42 AM
    My worst case scenario for the next week or so is a low of $14.30, with a MACD at -13. That's based on looking at the SP for just the last three months and my thinking that we are falling into our third big dip over that period.
    05-21-13 11:45 AM
    05-21-13 11:48 AM
    Interesting if your a short/sighted player...back to Yahoo boards where some might give you credibility.
    tygros, take99 and lcjr like this.
    05-21-13 11:53 AM
    I didn't find that article very insightful whatsoever. Sounds like we're on our way to getting BB store sales up and running.

I believe it's great news for a brand new phone and operating system.
    05-21-13 11:56 AM
    My worst case scenario for the next week or so is a low of $14.30, with a MACD at -13. That's based on looking at the SP for just the last three months and my thinking that we are falling into our third big dip over that period.
    So you think that with the tightening of the Bollinger Bands, in combination with the MACD, that we'll kiss the low end and bounce off? I'm not sure I agree. With the lack of news, both positive and negative, I see it moving sideways with a slight upside. There is support for this stock and any efforts to bring it down are being met with resistance. If you look at the volumes it takes to drop this thing, then the lower volumes it takes to climb back out, it seems that the bears are losing a lot of their influence amongst the retail investors. With that said, I don't see a major jump up until the ER but I do see upside, and maybe a small pop up in the near future, to be followed by a pull back to once again, test the uptrend line.
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 05-21-13 at 12:11 PM.
    Sorry, you lost me, I'm not following the logic

Posted via CB10
    That number was released back in March - it was as of 2/28. You really think that with a full Q of Z10 and Q10 in most markets, that it's still below 75M?
    Can I have some of what you're smoking?
    05-21-13 11:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    Great deal at $400. Why would this be a bad sign for Z10?
    05-21-13 11:58 AM
    weak. BB_Trader, can't you come up with anything better than this C**p? If not, your entertainment value has worn off and you need to go back to your den.

05-21-13 12:01 PM
113,256 ... 10531054105510561057 ...