View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Terrible. Horrible. I wish I didn't see that before bed time.
    Oklahoma City tornado: Twister touches down 10 miles south of city. Live video.
    Keep safe, hope everyone is safe. Thoughts for the guys there.

Oklahoma City tornado: Twister touches down 10 miles south of city. Live video.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-20-13 04:55 PM
    Central Oklahoma is right in the tornado belt and my family sees tornados every year. You would be surprised at how many people know tornados are coming and still don't have a shelter in the back yard. Trailer parks are the exception, although I don't see why people would want to live in one when you can rent or own a cheap house instead.
    Hope they are safe, awful way to start the week.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-20-13 05:01 PM
    Gotta love it!

M+8, any thoughts on our trajectory this week?
    Hey Charles!!

We tested the lows from Friday, found support at the 8-month uptrend line and rallied above the 50-dma and the 5-dma on light volume. We had been down for 4-days and it was time for a reflex rally here. We drifted back, like many other stocks, towards the close. We will probably drop back to the 5-dma and the 50-dma ($ 14.85 area), find support and rally above $ 15.00/shr where there is some decent resistance at $ 15.25 - $ 15.30/shr., as we have witnessed so many times before. This was a great day for BBRY, a reversal that will take us to the top of the pennant again. What it will take to get us to break out of this narrowing range is beyond me. I would think we need a contract announcement or some decent, factual news, not the countless articles we read every other hour from the websites. Let's see what we look like at $ 16.00/shr, there is no timetable to get there, we have just turned bullish again on no news. After tomorrow, I'll be able to develop a trading range, I need another day of trade here!
    05-20-13 05:25 PM
    Looks like the margin requirements got more lax on this stock today over at Scottrade. I wonder why. Anyone else notice this?

Should I drop the hammer and triple my position. I wonder what would happen if we all did this at the same time... GRIN ****
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-20-13 05:34 PM
    From vodacom south africa, blackberry is holding their large market share

HILTON TARRANT: Shameel, just in terms of the smartphone base we have seen over recent years - and perhaps maybe 12, 18 months ago this was more apparent - the large number of Blackberry’s comprising that base, has that trended downward as a portion of the overall base?

SHAMEEL JOOSUB: So I’d say slightly but if we look at the entire base, or the base of smartphones rather, Blackberry is still more than 50% of the installed smartphone base in the country.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-20-13 05:52 PM
    Hey Charles!!

We tested the lows from Friday, found support at the 8-month uptrend line and rallied above the 50-dma and the 5-dma on light volume. We had been down for 4-days and it was time for a reflex rally here. We drifted back, like many other stocks, towards the close. We will probably drop back to the 5-dma and the 50-dma ($ 14.85 area), find support and rally above $ 15.00/shr where there is some decent resistance at $ 15.25 - $ 15.30/shr., as we have witnessed so many times before. This was a great day for BBRY, a reversal that will take us to the top of the pennant again. What it will take to get us to break out of this narrowing range is beyond me. I would think we need a contract announcement or some decent, factual news, not the countless articles we read every other hour from the websites. Let's see what we look like at $ 16.00/shr, there is no timetable to get there, we have just turned bullish again on no news. After tomorrow, I'll be able to develop a trading range, I need another day of trade here!
    Thanks M+8.

Do you have any concerns over the MACD? It looks like it's heading for the zero line and if so, I still think we may be heading into the lower $14s over the next few days, barring any uplifting news.
    05-20-13 06:10 PM
    USO Message Board | United States Oil Stock - Yahoo! Finance

yahoo.com/mbview/userview/;_ylt=Akv0MGWps2GATvkyf3BOMTzeAohG;_ylu=X3oDMTB2N2 xsNGRkBHBvcwM1MwRzZWMDTWVkaWFNc2dCb2FyZHNYSFJVbHQ-;_ylg=X3oDMTBhYWM1a2sxBGxhbmcDZW4tVVM-;_ylv=3?&u=fraudstreettrader&bn=3fa6337f-fc1e-3d49-bac2-f894b4ae7084

Posted via CB10
    Quite a piece of work! Pretty shameful behavior.
    05-20-13 06:20 PM
    Looks like the margin requirements got more lax on this stock today over at Scottrade. I wonder why. Anyone else notice this?

Should I drop the hammer and triple my position. I wonder what would happen if we all did this at the same time... GRIN ****
    Wish I could....

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-20-13 06:30 PM
    Thanks M+8.

Do you have any concerns over the MACD? It looks like it's heading for the zero line and if so, I still think we may be heading into the lower $14s over the next few days, barring any uplifting news.
    Charles,

No worries at all, we are stuck in a trading range here, not all of the indicators will look bullish or bearish until we breakout of this formation. We are in the $ 14.00's now, the 8-month uptrend line got confirmed again and every time we drop back and confirm that line, we build a strong case for a breakout sooner than later. Thank goodness the lines are converging otherwise we would be in this range for months. We just need the right news, not articles about the pros and cons of BlackBerry. I like everything so far and if we close higher tomorrow, preferably above the $ 15.30/shr. area, I'll be much more bullish as our latest "higher low" is a big improvement here.
    cjcampbell, bungaboy, lcjr and 5 others like this.
    05-20-13 06:46 PM
    Bears have been kinda quiet.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    lcjr likes this.
    05-20-13 07:20 PM
    Charles,

No worries at all, we are stuck in a trading range here, not all of the indicators will look bullish or bearish until we breakout of this formation. We are in the $ 14.00's now, the 8-month uptrend line got confirmed again and every time we drop back and confirm that line, we build a strong case for a breakout sooner than later. Thank goodness the lines are converging otherwise we would be in this range for months. We just need the right news, not articles about the pros and cons of BlackBerry. I like everything so far and if we close higher tomorrow, preferably above the $ 15.30/shr. area, I'll be much more bullish as our latest "higher low" is a big improvement here.
    So, BlackBerry is completely in control of how this plays out right now. They can hold off until ER, or they can make an interim announcement sooner. Either way it makes me feel comfortable that BlackBerry is in the driver's seat.

05-20-13 07:46 PM
    Okay gang, just got off the phone with the family hill-billy's in Oklahoma and everything is okay. My dad that lives outside Norman was away and my family that lives in Mustang and Yukon are all accounted for and ok. It would seem that my family's great attitude towards prepping paid off once again. The only damage done was a tree fell on my sisters house so my family will get together and fix that tomorrow. All is good in Lenny's world.
    05-20-13 07:51 PM
    Okay gang, just got off the phone with the family hill-billy's in Oklahoma and everything is okay. My dad that lives outside Norman was away and my family that lives in Mustang and Yukon are all accounted for and ok. It would seem that my family's great attitude towards prepping paid off one again. The only damage done was a tree fell on my sisters house so my family will get together and fix that tomorrow. All is good in Lenny's world.
    Good to hear. Thanks for the update.

bungaboy likes this.
    05-20-13 07:53 PM
    Yes...great news.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-20-13 07:55 PM
    Good to hear. Thanks for the update.

Yeah, the whole family is helping out those that weren't so lucky. There's no power almost anywhere so my mom and sisters are preparing meals and stuff. I'm in El Paso but they said I should stay here for now. Roads are blocked and nothing I can do for now.
    05-20-13 07:59 PM
    Yeah, the whole family is helping out those that weren't so lucky. There's no power almost anywhere so my mom and sisters are preparing meals and stuff. I'm in El Paso but they said I should stay here for now. Roads are blocked and nothing I can do for now.
    Yea, sometimes it is better to have waves of people helping at different times to keep the momentum up and relieve the early ones.

lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-20-13 08:04 PM
    Quite a piece of work! Pretty shameful behavior.
    Holy fack! Is that our troll? Strange behaviour.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-20-13 08:12 PM
    Okay gang, just got off the phone with the family hill-billy's in Oklahoma and everything is okay. My dad that lives outside Norman was away and my family that lives in Mustang and Yukon are all accounted for and ok. It would seem that my family's great attitude towards prepping paid off once again. The only damage done was a tree fell on my sisters house so my family will get together and fix that tomorrow. All is good in Lenny's world.
    Good to hear. Terrible things, those GD twisters.
    lcjr likes this.
    05-20-13 08:16 PM
    Holy fack! Is that our troll? Strange behaviour.
    What?? Where?? Request repost, what did I miss?
    05-20-13 08:17 PM
    Look guys, I have to vent here. For those that know me you know I'm not a day trader so don't hit me with crappy responses. Why are we still at this SP level when there's so much good going on with BBRY? I'm just asking because we chat back and forward every day about the same things and charts are posted saying the same things and yet we're still sitting here at this level. Yes, you can point at where we were at a certain time, but we are still just going deeper down when we should be at least at $17 right now. Yes I've seen her charts, but for christ sakes we were already at $18 once. Okay, just needed to vent, and no today's green doesn't count for still being under valued. Again, just venting amongst friends....
    05-20-13 09:16 PM
    Look guys, I have to vent here. For those that know me you know I'm not a day trader so don't hit me with crappy responses. Why are we still at this SP level when there's so much good going on with BBRY? I'm just asking because we chat back and forward every day about the same things and charts are posted saying the same things and yet we're still sitting here at this level. Yes, you can point at where we were at a certain time, but we are still just going deeper down when we should be at least at $17 right now. Yes I've seen her charts, but for christ sakes we were already at $18 once. Okay, just needed to vent, and no today's green doesn't count for still being under valued. Again, just venting amongst friends....
    Seems like the longs don't want to enter more....yet. I'm ready for the rise before earnings. We are 5 weeks away, that will fly by. I predict $17.50 at earnings and $20 within a couple of weeks after (mid July).
    bungaboy, rarsen and lcjr like this.
    05-20-13 09:36 PM
    I think a lot of the blame lies at the feet of the BBRY PR department and with TH. Look at the chart for event related times. We always build up to an event and then disappoint and fall back. BB Live, BB10 launch, most ER's. They have no killer instinct and no sense of timing, the market and how to play the game. Certainly some of it is buy the rumor, sell the news, but BBRY has a history of over promising and under delivering. I think if you look back for the last 8 quarters, only the last ER was a good surprise. I think 1 quarter they pre-announced and then missed the lowered #'s. TH is still an awkward public speaker, the events are marred by awkward silence, clapping and conversations. He is getting better but he's not good yet. The Super Bowl commercial.... Most of the current commercials.... The Playbook, I have one but really????

I have been involved with work an my kids sports and not paying attention, but do we even know the z10 or Q10 sales numbers? Do we have a firm date for a US Q10 launch. How about a Skype or Instagram date. Is BB10 coming to my Playbook as promised? So many missed opportunities to counteract the press which is often wrong or misleading. . We know about these things and BBRY because we all have an Internet problem but the rest of the world isn't going to research this and investors won't especially if BBRY has a reputation of overpromising and under delivering.

Not a rant either, just trying to answer your question with my rimtard glasses off.
    05-20-13 09:45 PM
    The reasons why the SP is not moving we might never fully get an answer to. Hope this is not a crappy response but Mr.Market has proven irrational many times before. When I get down I think of Prem and his 51million shares. He sits on the board. Who do you think has more insights on what is really going on. How much do you think these fly by night analyst really know. Watch the youtube video on Cramer and stock manipulation where he talks in detail about what get's done to Blackberry stock. His ref was from 2011.

BBRY has let themselves down and will therefore have to prove to the market what they are worth. Until that time rest easy in knowing you don't follow the herd mentality. You have an early seat at the camp fire. I have read your post where you talk about holding for 2 ER's more. Sounds like a plan to me. Maybe check the share price once or twice a week, set a stop if you are scared of a real shake down but more importantly sit back and wait. Our day will come.

05-20-13 09:50 PM
    I see that Zolmax is re-releasing the same cruddy news clips and get this, it even says that the SP sits are $13.01. I mean, really???
    lcjr likes this.
    05-20-13 10:03 PM
    And this is my take on it...

Heavily shorted so easily manipulated, the shorts have really managed to control this thing . Don't think for a second part of their strategy isn't to get people like us out by doing this exact play.

What has happened now is we are kind of at a stand still...the people in BlackBerry stock have equalized and no one is making any money on this thing. For this to change something has to give ...either good or bad to bring more money to the game.

What we longs need is two great ER'S and some promising momentum. I would think that should start the big institutional investors to re buy...cuz as of now we are not a solid bet for them, and we must have them to really move this thing.

Short Answer = More Time.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 10:03 PM
113,256 ... 10481049105010511052 ...