Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    05-20-13 09:17 AM
    Nice...getting up to a trot.
    A nice steady canter would be nice for the week.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 09:20 AM
    Is the US Exchange closed next week for Memorial Day?
    Yes. I vote that on that day BBRY announce something completely awesome so the shorts have to twitch and suffer for 24 hours while the TO folks set them up for maximum pain on Tuesday. Hey, but that's just me.
    05-20-13 09:20 AM
    Odd it's not at Sams/Walmart, but I see them in Costco every time I'm there - something to be said since there is zero presence for Apple there.
    I saw good display at Costco too. I was at the local Best buy this weekend, the Apple display had two live units. There was one Z10 dummy unit mixed in with other brands. The sales guy I talked to didn't know much about the phone.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-20-13 09:23 AM
    I saw good display at Costco too. I was at the local Best buy this weekend, the Apple display had two live units. There was one Z10 dummy unit mixed in with other brands. The sales guy I talked to didn't know much about the phone.

Posted via CB10
    In other words . . . . . the sales guy was a . . . . . Z10 dummy?
    tygros, m0de25 and Bugmapper like this.
    05-20-13 09:27 AM
    Time for our regular 10:30 ish dip?
    05-20-13 09:27 AM
    Any one in particular you suggest? I am a techno-freak and have to have one of each. LoL I would try one of these. I have 3 other tablets now so a 4th would make an even number. LoL
    We have a 128gb Surface Pro with Type cover and it is VERY productive as far as the office goes. Word and Excel works very well. I would replace my iPad except that I must have a connection in the field and cellular data is not yet on the surface.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-20-13 09:28 AM
    BlackBerry spent a lot on marketing in Romania. A lot of billboards and ads for the Z10 and some for the Q10.
    bungaboy, Bugmapper and zyben like this.
    05-20-13 09:31 AM
    Nice...getting up to a trot.
    Galloping to 15.50 by the afternoon?
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-20-13 09:43 AM
    I'm going to play a game.....I'm not checking back until the market's closed. See you in a couple of hours!
    lcjr, tygros, Superfly_FR and 1 others like this.
    05-20-13 09:46 AM
    We have a 128gb Surface Pro with Type cover and it is VERY productive as far as the office goes. Word and Excel works very well. I would replace my iPad except that I must have a connection in the field and cellular data is not yet on the surface.
    What about setting up a wifi hotspot via your Z10?
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-20-13 09:48 AM
    A nice steady canter would be nice for the week.

Posted via CB10
    Did you know that the Brown Bear can run approximately 40 mph. Bears can even run sideways!
    Kid Vibe, lcjr, Bugmapper and 1 others like this.
    05-20-13 09:50 AM
    Let's make that 15.77.
    I certainly won't argue!
    Gimme $16. NAO !
    05-20-13 09:51 AM
    Galloping to 15.50 by the afternoon?
    That would be nice.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-20-13 09:53 AM
    so this gold battery fits with the standard back cover? no need for one of those bulky back covers? hmm.....sounds quite tempting
    Sounds quite tempting and a little bit unbelievable.

Charles Martin, if you have a battery profile app installed try to save screenshots of several days typical usage, and then compare to the new battery (might want to give it a few cycles before comparing, to be fair).

Update: The Z10 battery is Lithium Ion and this Chinese battery is Lithium Ion Polymer. Polymer batteries have a lower energy density than straight LiOn batteries, so I'm curious what you find with the new battery. Also note that the polymer battery will likely get warmer under high current usage:

http://www.androidauthority.com/lith...ference-27608/

Update2: Ok, I may have misread a few things, and although Polymer is lower energy density, it also can be made thinner than LiOn batteries (per cell), so it may be possible to pack more energy in a smaller space (power density vs energy density)...

Be sure to follow priming instructions on first use, or the battery life will be severely degraded (totally drain on first use, like the n4bb website says).

https://www.apple.com/ca/batteries/#mn_p
    Last edited by q649; 05-20-13 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Learning stuff.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-20-13 09:53 AM
    Did you know that the Brown Bear can run approximately 40 mph. Bears can even run sideways!
    You don't have to be able to outrun a bear that's chasing you, just outrun the person your with. hahaha.
    05-20-13 09:54 AM
    Time for our regular 10:30 ish dip?
    Right on time . . . . but shallow and short lived.
    05-20-13 09:57 AM
    No take down for the start of the week...now let's see if we can end green for the week.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-20-13 09:57 AM
    And bulls are angered by the colour red. They will corner you, impale you, then stomp on your dead carcass. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, AnimalPak200, m0de25 and 1 others like this.
    05-20-13 09:58 AM
    Sounds quite tempting and a little bit unbelievable.

Charles Martin, if you have a battery profile app installed try to save screenshots of several days typical usage, and then compare to the new battery (might want to give it a few cycles before comparing, to be fair).
    I'll get one. Thanks.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-20-13 09:59 AM
    I really like this guys writing. He nails it in this article IMHO

Why Listening To The Media On Tech Is A Mistake in [Market-Ticker]

Posted 2013-05-20 09:56
    by Karl Denninger
    in Company Specific

Why Listening To The Media On Tech Is A Mistake

The story is not what the headline implies.

When CNet editor and reviewer Brian Bennett lost his "lovely HTC One test unit" while traveling, he was forced to use the other test phone he brought with him, a BlackBerry Z10.

He expected to be miserable missing out on Google Drive, Google Talk, Google Now and other Android apps.

But he was shocked at how much he liked the phone, once he was set up with Google Apps for Business. ("It requires you to configure your Gmail as an exchange account.")

He particularly liked BlackBerry Hub ("made missing important communiques very difficult") and the long battery life.

Wait a second.

He was forced to use the other test phone he brought with him?

May I ask a question: When did he intend to actually test what he was provided for the purpose of testing?

See, this is the problem you have relying on so-called "trusted" sources -- they're often intentionally dishonest.

How do you review something without immersing yourself in it for a short while and seeing what you think of it? You can't.

This is why when the Z-10 came out I bought one, at retail (so as not to be "bribed" by anybody) and then stuck my SGS-II, running ICS, in the drawer, turned off.

My intention was to use it for at least one week without referring to my Android phone and see what I actually thought of the new device. I was willing to take a $500 flyer and eat whatever the loss was if I thought, in the end, the device sucked.

It's been about two months and the Samsung hasn't been powered up since.

It's the Samsung that sucks, when one looks at the two in honest comparison.

Why?

Battery life, ease of communication (why I have a mobile computing device in the first place), security (including easy VPN and encryption of the device) and unlike Brian I find the gesture system to be ridiculously intuitive and easy. I did some painting the other day with the phone in my pocket streaming music to my bluetooth earpiece for four or five hours straight and I swear the battery in the earpiece would have gone flat before the phone did. I never did that sort of thing with my Android phones because I was unwilling to flatten the battery and then wait an hour or two for it to recharge. With the Z-10 not only is the battery not flat but if I do manage to run it down it charges at an amazing rate; restoring from 30 to 95% in 15-20 minutes is typical (provided you have a 2A charger!)

In short the phone just plain works for what I need to do when I need to do it.

Of course part of this experience, for me, is that I "sideloaded" a handful of Android apps that I really do need, including two trading apps. Both converted and loaded effortlessly. That required a bit of effort originally when the phone was first released, but now there are tools that make it a literal drag-and-drop affair, rendering the argument that it's "hard" moot.

I'm not a Netflix subscriber or Instagram user, so I don't care that Netflix and Instragram are not native. But both can be sideloaded and both work, if you care about them. Skype is now available native although again, I don't really care as I don't use it -- but for those who do, it matters to them.

But that's not really the point.

The point is that the device never got a fair hearing with CNET until their "reviewer" lost his other device.

Remember that this guy is an alleged "reviewer" and, one assumes, he was provided the device with the expectation that he would give it a fair shake and review it on that basis.

It appears he would not have done so had he not lost his HTC phone.

Bias? Sure. But we all have biases.

The important point is not that we have bias or don't, but that when it comes to the media and these sorts of issues it is rare that you ever see them disclosed; what usually happens is that they're concealed from you through either omission or commission.

Here's another anecdotal point for you -- the last couple of days I've spent quite a bit of time in the company of a friend who has an iPhone. Twice she's had her phone die -- out of power -- while we were in the same place, doing the same things, while the Zed had plenty of juice left.

The photos it takes and the general flow of the interface have gotten good reviews (again, from a dedicated iPhone user) as well.

How many people will not and do not look because they were "told" by people who "claim" to have "reviewed" new devices that they're just not competitive -- but in fact the so-called "reviewer" never took the device out of their pocket and powered it up?

Now you have something else to think about.

Disclosure: The author is long BBRY.

Discussion below (registration required to post)
    new_me222, lcjr, Korepab and 6 others like this.
    What a great day this would be for me if the SP would reach my average of $15.64.
    Whaaaaaaaaaat, the TSX is closed... Bah! Ok peeps, I'm off to bed, good luck and trade away!
    lcjr, cjcampbell, tygros and 1 others like this.
    05-20-13 10:04 AM
    Whaaaaaaaaaat, the TSX is closed... Bah! Ok peeps, I'm off to bed, good luck and trade away!
    05-20-13 10:09 AM
    Yip.
    05-20-13 10:12 AM
113,250 ... 10431044104510461047 ...