View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I can't quite put my finger on it, but someone here kinda feels out of place, like a "which one doesn't fit in" game. Not quite sure. Kinda like the odd man out.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-17-13 04:54 PM
    Have a nice weekend gang! It's a 3 days one for us, free Monday!
    Cheers and beers 4 U all!

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 05:08 PM
    Don't forget a Z5. They've mentioned that there will be touch and qwerty for the different price points.
    I can't pull up the BlackBerry Live blogs but in the Q&A, Thor was asked about a low cost touch device and he said that they won't be making one. It's not cost effective for them. This is where we need BB10 licensing imo.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 05:18 PM
    I didn't stop looking at the SP, just quit caring for now. It's getting too old and frustrating. I'm concentrating on the upcoming devices and apps. As for the SP, I'll wait until June, September, and the last straw will be December. If we're still farting around at $15-16 after that, then there's no kool-aid that can keep me in this.
    Yeah, since I've decided to stop buying and selling it I have to say that it's lightened things up for me concerning BBRY'S ups an downs. The long term trend is well intact and we're coming to the end of this bloody pennant, hopefully just in time for some juicy news.

What's another buck down temporarily compared to being up 40+ of them next year sometime.
    05-17-13 05:21 PM
    yup... Pharrell does some really good work. I gotta say though, that you would be the last one I figured to like that one. Glad you did!!
    Yeah, I'm not the hill-billy the rest of my clan still is... I got edjumacated and learned to enjoy other cultures and their music. Kind of hard not to like a peppy music video with beautiful girls in it. lol
    cjcampbell, tygros and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 05:24 PM
    I can't pull up the BlackBerry Live blogs but in the Q&A, Thor was asked about a low cost touch device and he said that they won't be making one. It's not cost effective for them. This is where we need BB10 licensing imo.

Posted via CB10
    Oh... ok.... I didn't know that one. I was going off of what I had heard previously. Oh well. I think it could have sold well but not for me. It's a shame that they couldn't/wouldn't do it.
    05-17-13 05:25 PM
    I can't quite put my finger on it, but someone here kinda feels out of place, like a "which one doesn't fit in" game. Not quite sure. Kinda like the odd man out.
    ???
    05-17-13 05:25 PM
    really need to get out of here and get this long weekend into gear
    cjcampbell, lcjr, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    05-17-13 05:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely. I'd love to hear of a deal with Lenovo and another with Nokia, then HTC, and Sony...
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 05:26 PM
    ???
    I was wondering the same thing but couldn't figure out a way to put it as eloquently as you.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 05:27 PM
    Have a nice weekend gang! It's a 3 days one for us, free Monday!
    Cheers and beers 4 U all!

Posted via CB10
    Merci mon ami!
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    05-17-13 05:31 PM
    I think he's talking about our new resident troll who doesn't troll anymore?

I was wondering the same thing but couldn't figure out a way to put it as eloquently as you.
    cjcampbell, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 05:33 PM
    Yep, I would've thought something like this would have already been worked out, since it seems only Sammy is making money in Android.

Absolutely. I'd love to hear of a deal with Lenovo and another with Nokia, then HTC, and Sony...
    05-17-13 05:34 PM
    I think he's talking about our new resident troll who doesn't troll anymore?
    That's what I thought but it was timed so long after the traders last post
    take99 and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 05:37 PM
    That's wherI am at a loss:
    1) Z10
    2) Q10
    3) Q5
    4) Aristo
    5) ? TABLET ?
    6) ????? HUH ?????

I'm wondering if 6 is going to be an attempt at a tablet that is a thin client where the CPU/memory is from your Z10, Q5 or Q10.

Thing is, they could apply the same concept to a Roku like device for your TV. Who knows what item #6 is.
    I just hope that it's something that excites the market and immediately causes people to stop and recognize it with a, "Wow, why didn't I see that coming? It makes so much sense. I'm buying three!"

Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 05:37 PM
    something like being able to remote start your 'common' car from an app on your phone. Something like that would drive sales if a manufacturer like chevy was on board. I think it may happen once 4g devices get embedded in the vehicle which should be coming fairly soon but not soon enough.

I just hope that it's something that excites the market and immediately causes people to stop and recognize it with a, "Wow, why didn't I see that coming? It makes so much sense. I'm buying three!"

05-17-13 05:41 PM
    Holy cow, this guy's been pretty down on BBRY until now!

Forced to live with BB10, and kind of liking it | Crave - CNET

I confess, I am tempted to keep this BlackBerry train moving since I will have to leave the HTC One behind while I travel to CTIA next week. Now if I could just port those select few Android apps to my Z10 properly, well the world may have a new BlackBerry convert on its hands...maybe.
    05-17-13 05:46 PM
    Is it me? I'm not a conformist but not a troll either. Lol!!!

I've got a habit of not being so happy go lucky when a lot of people are but I have to say that it's for good reasons (MACD, RSI 10, Bollinger Bands, volume, and most importantly instinct) and I think I've quite accurately called 3 of the last four plunges right on cue.

Nah, it's just the beer. I'm getting paranoid now after a few beers.
    cjcampbell, lcjr, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    05-17-13 05:51 PM
    Yep, I would've thought something like this would have already been worked out, since it seems only Sammy is making money in Android.
    I hope that something is in the works by this fall's ER. That would be like a volcanic eruption!
    take99 likes this.
    05-17-13 05:57 PM
    this sounds pretty cool, HDMI wireless from the phone, via Berryreview

The other day we mentioned in the 10.2 SDK Post that Wireless HDMI (WiDi) is coming to the BlackBerry 10 devices later this year (Q5 might be the exception as it does not have HDMI out). Now many of you might now know exactly how it will enrich our experience, so I will break it down. Immediately people I spoke to about this assumed it was a dongle, or that you needed other hardware at your house. It is actually a lot simpler that that.

Currently when streaming media we use DLNA over a network, or we connect our devices directly to the HDMI port on the device, and remained tethered during the experience. Using DLNA, it is a pull experience you are on the streaming peripheral connected to the media storage on your device, and streaming off of it, but using the peripheral as the brain. With WiDi you would still connect to the SmartTV or peripheral like a PS3 or Roku, but this time, you are in control from the device. Sitting on your couch, and controlling the output, right on your phone, and not worrying about anything else.

There are already a few other companies doing this, but it is never truly branded as WiDi, they always give it a proprietary name so the end user truly doesn’t know that this is exactly the same thing. With the API for this being built in the BlackBerry 10.2 SDK’, support for everything is baked in. This will not mean being locked in to the experience the other companies are using or only doing it their way. Developers will have the freedom of showcasing 2 screens at once, one can have one display like media controls while your TV plays a video of your last vacation. Imagine walking in to a conference room and having your Z10 as the presentation remote, and everything streams seamless with you in control.

BlackBerry showcasing this feature solidifies their moving forward with the multimedia experience they have tried to create ever since the PlayBook. It is moving forward with mobile computing, and enhancing the customer experience. Keeping the device in their hands for longer periods of time with dedication to one platforms. I welcome it with open arms, and using the z10 screen as the game pad while playing some of the heavily developed games in HD on a large screen!
    05-17-13 06:02 PM
    BlackBerry's Chief Marketing Officer Frank Boulben told Reuters that starting this year, "you will be able to plug the [Z10] device into a docking station at the office and then all you need is a keyboard, a mouse and a screen." What are the chances that a future device is the actual docking station???
    It's powerful enough and it has a mini HDMI port...

I was actually hoping for that kind of demonstration at BlackBerry Live.

I actually almost bought a ticket to go but got tangled up in other commitments. I wish I did to get a feel for the vibe down there.
    05-17-13 06:03 PM
    Bb_trader

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    05-17-13 06:05 PM
    Is it me? I'm not a conformist but not a troll either. Lol!!!

I've got a habit of not being so happy go lucky when a lot of people are but I have to say that it's for good reasons (MACD, RSI 10, Bollinger Bands, volume, and most importantly instinct) and I think I've quite accurately called 3 of the last four plunges right on cue.

Nah, it's just the beer. I'm getting paranoid now after a few beers.
    No no, its the bb_bear that cant read the title of the thread.

tygros and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 06:07 PM

Whew. I really thought I was being too outspoken. I'm going back to drinking and eating barbecued sausage and sauerkraut
    05-17-13 06:15 PM

He's harmless. More of a cub than a bear. Just seeking attention.
    tygros, W Hoa, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    05-17-13 06:20 PM
113,256 ... 10361037103810391040 ...